2017 AutoReject Super Touring season (Completed!)

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.

How many positions should be reversed for the sprint race for 2018 onwards?

18%
18%
18%
All of them
41%
None of them
6%
Other (please state in thread)
No votes

Total votes: 17

tommykl

Re: 2017 ARST season (Bathurst Complete!)

Post by tommykl »

Biscione wrote:My full-time lads clearly have the speed and tenacity in the races, they just need to get their quali form together!! Shocking performances by them at times so far. Obviously McGovern did ok in quali at Adelaide, but since then....no no no, not good at all. Get it together lads, or I'll be giving Rhys Davies a call!

Another one-off entry appears!

Team name: Vaillante
Car: Infiniti G35
Driver 1: Michel Vaillant
Driver 1 previous canon experience: [classified]
Livery design: On it.
Rounds Entered: France only

And as a response to a challenge from "Michel Vaillant", another one-off also appears!

Team name: Leader
Car: Opel Astra
Driver 1: Bob Cramer
Driver 1 previous canon experience: [to be revealed]
Livery design: On its way.
Rounds Entered: France only
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

2017 ARST season (Brands Hatch Underway!)

Post by Salamander »

ARST 2017: Privateer Cup Round of the United Kingdom (Race 3/14) - Brands Hatch GP
Grid draw

Race Results

Highlight video

Standings
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Salamander

Re: 2017 ARST season (Brands Hatch Underway!)

Post by Salamander »

ARST 2017: Championship Feature Round of the United Kingdom (Race 4/20) - Brands Hatch GP
Starting grid

Race Results

Highlight video
Everything's great.
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Good result there from Carl Jordan. Fidel Edwards on the other hand is *this close* to being dropped from the team. If he performs badly I will drop him for one of other my drivers that I haven't decided on yet.
Officially Retired
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Great result from us! Let's go after the victory Kieth and for the points Ernest!
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Excellent result from Julian Clark there :D (especially after he went off the road with Jordan). Would have liked to see him get a transfer spot though! (though he already got a bit of luck to get 6th with McMahon crashing and Davies' Infiniti stopping).

Not too bad from Ross either, he scored more points in one race than Ziegler did in two! :lol: He will be staying on at the team on a race-by-race deal.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

van Heel qualified higher than Jordanovic?
Meh, he'll be booted out anyway :P
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Pointrox wrote:van Heel qualified higher than Jordanovic?

Indeed, but, maybe just wait and see what he follows it up with in the race, perhaps you'll feel more comfortable with your decision afterwards... ;)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Biscione wrote:
Pointrox wrote:van Heel qualified higher than Jordanovic?

Indeed, but, maybe just wait and see what he follows it up with in the race, perhaps you'll feel more comfortable with your decision afterwards... ;)

Van Heel never seemed to be particularly fast, and his performance peaks always resulted in at best mediocre results, see 2015 F1RICS.
However, you are the second person to take Van Heel's departure with a grain of salt, and who knows - maybe he will deliver this time :)

If not, then Wojciech Cieslar is on his way to take a seat in the #65 Buick.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Pointrox wrote:However, you are the second person to take Van Heel's departure with a grain of salt, and who knows - maybe he will deliver this time :)

I think you perhaps misunderstood my statement - more that Van Heel's actions in today's race may make you feel more at ease with firing him :P

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The Feature race video and race results have been uploaded.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

L'Equipe wrote:Voeckler slams "dangerous" driving from Saillard

Voeckler team principal Jeremy-Etienne Voeckler spoke of disbelief at the performance of Ernest Saillard, who was involved in incidents with both Adolfo Moretti and Jack Maddock while both held the race lead and Saillard was a lap down.

"His driving was downright dangerous," seethed Voeckler. "He was pushing people off the road on purpose, even though he had no right to be racing them in the first place. He showed no regard for the safety of other drivers or the rules of the race. He has no place driving a racing car."

"The commission should put their foot down and indicate they won't tolerate such abhorrent driving standards, and ban him for several races," he continued. "While touring car racing is something of a contact sport compared to other racing series, there's a line between a bit of rubbing and blatantly putting someone into the wall for absolutely no reason."

"Saillard is a disgrace to our profession and should be dealt with in the strongest terms possible."

The incidents arguably cost Maddock and his Aeroracing team a race victory, firstly blocking him to allow the Voeckler cars past, followed up by putting him into a wall and ending his hopes of the win.

Image Image
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

RejectSport wrote:Latest News:
A third Triumph Stag will be on the grid for the Rounds of France and all subsequent rounds, under the Triumph Team England Banner. Triumph have remained tight-lipped as to who will drive the car, but sources report a deal may already be in place. There are no current plans to add a fourth Triumph to the roster.
04/04/17 , 10:15 AM

Team name: Triumph Team England
Car: Triumph Stag
Number: 79
Driver 1: TBA
Driver 1 previous canon experience: TBA
Livery design: Same as the #3 and #4
Rounds Entered: All remaining rounds.

EastLondoner: Find me in the chat, I have a business proposal....
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ARST 2017: Championship Sprint Round of the United Kingdom (Race 5/20) - Brands Hatch GP
Starting grid

Race Results

Highlight video

Championship Standings
Everything's great.
Salamander

2017 ARST season (Brands Hatch Complete!)

Post by Salamander »

Sprint race video, race results, and championship standings are all up now.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2017 ARST season (Brands Hatch Complete!)

Post by Salamander »

RejectSport wrote:Spiros parked for ARST Round of France

After meeting with the race stewards following the sprint race in the ARST Round of the United Kingdom, it has emerged that Kalliope Spiros will be parked for the duration of the series' next outing at Magny-Cours. The Greek driver had a very embarrassing showing in both races, retiring from the feature race after crashing into the tyre barrier on the exit of Graham Hill, before retiring from the sprint race after a collision with then-race leader Darren Cardel as the Triumph driver attempted to lap her.

"I don't like to get too involved with the on-track product, but in this case, something had to be done," said Chief Steward Al Smith, "It was clear that Spiros' driving was well below what we expect from an ARST competitor, her actions with Cardel were pure madness. Hopefully, she'll use the time off to cool down and drive more sensibly for the rest of the season. Otherwise, we'll have to look into a permanent ban."

Onyx Racing, the team Spiros drives for, is yet to comment or name a replacement. ARST officials have decreed that should Onyx not name a replacement in time for the Round of France, then official 1st reserve driver Iulian Pitea will take over the #61 Subaru for that round. The team currently sits 6th in the Teams' Championship, with all 134 points scored by the team's other driver, Tomasz Gabrysiak, who currently sits 4th in the Drivers' Championship. Spiros, conversely, is ranked 35th with 0 points and a best finish of 23rd.

Onxy Wrecked, I would like Spiros' replacement to be named by the 28th of September.
Everything's great.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Hydook replace van Heel with Cieslar
Polish racing driver Wojciech Cieslar will race in the second Hydook Racing Team car at the next race weekend in France, the team announced on Monday.
Cieslar, a product of Dofasco Racing's driver academy programme, was drafted by the Croatian team after the first TRRS season, and is tied with his new team with a contract for the remainder of this season, with a performance clause that will allow it to be extended for 2018 if his performance will be up to team's standards.

Cieslar is yet to comment on his new team, but anonymous sources say that he is already well accustomed with his new surroundings and looks forward to the French double-header.

#65 Hydook to be overhauled for France
Croatian team is not wasting any time in efforts to improve their Buick-supported operation in ARST. Their #65 car will not only get a new driver, but also a new livery, following the newly-signed sponsorship deal with Phoenix Frozen Foods.
Yellow-black-copper car will be driven by ex-F2RWRS driver Wojciech Cieslar, whose short stint with Dofasco Lukoil Racing ended with him being dropped after 4 races. He has shown signs of huge progress in this year's TRRS and eventually will be back on track after Hydook Racing Team drafted the Polish driver.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Alexis Tantovich wrote:It is just opinion, but... Spiros should not be racing anymore. She is a mencae. I do not feel safe in the car with her on the track.

RejectSport wrote:Latest News:
Triumph announce that Pieter Kickert has been signed to the team to drive the Team Netherlands car, replacing the previously reported Team England entry. He will be entered for the rounds of France, Canada, Italy and Hong Kong.
07/04/17 , 01:42 PM

Previous Triumph Team England entry is on hold until further notice

Team name: Triumph Team Netherlands
Number: 79
Driver 1: Pieter Kickert
Driver 1 previous canon experience: LGPS, F1RGP2C, RTCC, GTR
Rounds Entered: 4, 6, 10, 14
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Salamander wrote:
RejectSport wrote:Spiros parked for ARST Round of France

After meeting with the race stewards following the sprint race in the ARST Round of the United Kingdom, it has emerged that Kalliope Spiros will be parked for the duration of the series' next outing at Magny-Cours. The Greek driver had a very embarrassing showing in both races, retiring from the feature race after crashing into the tyre barrier on the exit of Graham Hill, before retiring from the sprint race after a collision with then-race leader Darren Cardel as the Triumph driver attempted to lap her.

"I don't like to get too involved with the on-track product, but in this case, something had to be done," said Chief Steward Al Smith, "It was clear that Spiros' driving was well below what we expect from an ARST competitor, her actions with Cardel were pure madness. Hopefully, she'll use the time off to cool down and drive more sensibly for the rest of the season. Otherwise, we'll have to look into a permanent ban."

Onyx Racing, the team Spiros drives for, is yet to comment or name a replacement. ARST officials have decreed that should Onyx not name a replacement in time for the Round of France, then official 1st reserve driver Iulian Pitea will take over the #61 Subaru for that round. The team currently sits 6th in the Teams' Championship, with all 134 points scored by the team's other driver, Tomasz Gabrysiak, who currently sits 4th in the Drivers' Championship. Spiros, conversely, is ranked 35th with 0 points and a best finish of 23rd.

Onxy Wrecked, I would like Spiros' replacement to be named by the 28th of September.

I name Clint Hillman of Canada as the replacement given that IndyCar doesn't have a 2017 season up at this time. This replacement is permanent and Hillman has a win in the 2016 F1RICS Texas 300 with several top tens on road courses.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

New Privateer entry:

Team name: Taiwan Motorsport
Number: 013
Driver 1: Kandasamy Latif
Driver 1 previous canon experience: SARS, TRRS
Rounds Entered: 4, 7,8, 13, 14

All subsequent damage bills to be sent to [email protected] :lol:
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

All right, so with Alexey Pchelintsev now under my control after the TRRS, I'd like to immediately offer him to any team in need of a part-time driver during this season. Any and all offers considered, and he comes with hefty sponsorship from Kazatomprom too!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Autosport wrote:Christopherson Jr walks out of BMW

Jack Christopherson Jr has announced he will leave the works BMW ARST squad with immediate effect, following a disappointing campaign in the year so far.

Christopherson Jr is reported to have had a run-in with his team-mate Lee Brockhurst following the Brands Hatch round, where both drivers accused each other of putting both cars in the wall during the feature race. The poor team-mate relationship coupled with the BMW's lack of performance has caused the Brit to curtail his touring car campaign, and is said to be looking elsewhere for opportunities.

It is expected the former RWRS racer will move back into single-seaters, possibly in America or Australia where neither national series has kicked off yet and seats are still available.

Image Image
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Restov will have to nominate a replacement driver by the 28th of September, otherwise they will be running Iulian Pitea in the #32 in France.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:New Privateer entry:

Team name: Taiwan Motorsport
Number: 013
Driver 1: Kandasamy Latif
Driver 1 previous canon experience: SARS, TRRS
Rounds Entered: 4, 7,8, 13, 14

All subsequent damage bills to be sent to [email protected] :lol:

Sorry, I didn't notice this at the time, but 3 digit numbers are not allowed. Please pick another number.
Everything's great.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Salamander wrote:
Sorry, I didn't notice this at the time, but 3 digit numbers are not allowed. Please pick another number.

In which case, Taiwan Motorsport revert to the #25.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Triumph continue to go full SEAT with a fourth works entry:

Team name: Triumph Team Britain
Number: 29
Driver 1: Ryan Carlton (GBR)
Driver 1 previous canon experience: RTCC
Livery design: Triumph
Rounds Entered: 4,6,8,10-14
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ARST 2017: Privateer Round of France (Race 4/14) - Magny-Cours
Starting grid

Race Results

Highlight video

Standings

After several displays of general lack of awaerness and ability on the racetrack, Humbert Moyenmoutier has been disqualified from the Privateer Round of France and his license to compete in future ARST events revoked.
Everything's great.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

With apologies to pasta, I didn't realise he had included Magny-Cours in Triumph Team Britain's schedule, and had already run the weekend, so unfortunately they will have to miss it. In future, I will state clearly beforehand the deadline for driver changes and part-time entries for the next meeting.
Everything's great.
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

DHL Ziegler Auto Racing Announces Driver Schedule for #03

DHL Ziegler Auto Racing is pleased to announce that renowned British racing driver Steven Mackintosh will be joining the team for the Rounds of Canada, US East and US West, driving the #03 BMW M3. Ross Clark will return to the seat for the Rounds of South Africa, Italy, Belgium and the Czech Republic then hand over to ARGTi driver Kaitlyn Harris, who will compete in the Rounds of Japan and Hong Kong. This is the final schedule for the #03 and there will be no further changes (excepting any unforseen circumstances).

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

RejectSports.com wrote:Alfa Romeo's return ?
To celebrate the 25th birthday of the Alfa 155, Alfa Romeo has built a completely new car for this year's AutoReject Super Touring championship. Our spies managed to get pictures of the car during its first shakedown. This new vehicle retains the look of the glorious 155, but is completely different under the bodywork. There is a lot being said about the funding of the project. Some sources claim that ICE-3 Racing is looking to strengthen their relation with the Chrysler-FIAT group as the team is already running Ferrari cars in GTR-WC and ACO LMC. More informations to come when we get them.

Register and log-in to check exclusive pictures of the lastest Alfa Romeo car.
What they do not want you to know : Kay Lon's hidden son

Team name: Alfa Corse (ITA)
Car: Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti
Number: 92
Driver 1: Alexandra Kustova (RUS)
Driver 1 previous canon experience: RoLFS
Livery design: I will do it
Rounds Entered: 5, 10, 11, 12
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ARST 2017: Championship Feature Round of France (Race 6/20) - Magny-Cours
Starting grid

Race Results

Highlight video
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2017 ARST season (Magny-Cours Underway!)

Post by Salamander »

Correcting a mistake in the Privateer video: the 10-place grid drop given at about 13 minutes in the video is actually given to Aron Kagstrom for ignoring blue flags, not Humbert Moyenmoutier.
Everything's great.
CaptainGetz12
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by CaptainGetz12 »

Salamander wrote:Correcting a mistake in the Privateer video: the 10-place grid drop given at about 13 minutes in the video is actually given to Aron Kagstrom for ignoring blue flags, not Humbert Moyenmoutier.

Was he trying to pull a Hans Hayer? :D
Klon wrote:What did poor André do to you for him to be insulted like that?
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Meh, another at best mediocre weekend.
That Hard Charger Award for Cieslar though!
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Salamander wrote:Correcting a mistake in the Privateer video: the 10-place grid drop given at about 13 minutes in the video is actually given to Aron Kagstrom for ignoring blue flags, not Humbert Moyenmoutier.

There is also another mistake in the privateer video:
The DHL car involved in the incident at 9:56 was #03 Ross Clark, who was lapped, not #23 Julian Clark.

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

V8fan12 wrote:

There is also another mistake in the privateer video:
The DHL car involved in the incident at 9:56 was #03 Ross Clark, who was lapped, not #23 Julian Clark.

Yes, it was, thanks for that.

ARST 2017: Championship Sprint Round of France (Race 7/20) - Magny-Cours
Starting grid

Race Results

Highlight video

Standings
Everything's great.
Salamander

Re: 2017 ARST season (Magny-Cours Complete!)

Post by Salamander »

With Magny-Cours complete, all cars on the small upgrade path have gotten their requested upgrade, and the car stats list has been updated. I will need the next upgrade from those manufacturers in time for the US East meeting, after the Spanish and Canadian meetings.

In addition the deadline for driver changes/entries for the Spanish meeting will be the 12th of October, so be sure to get any of those in before then.

Finally, I have attached a poll to the topic - I would like to know everyone's opinions on determining grid order at Hong Kong by reverse championship order.
Everything's great.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Lasse Tilkesson wrote:It was really a great weekend for us, hopefully we can keep up the good work and achieve something similar again soon.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

To clarify - I only need upgrade information from manufacturers on the small upgrade path right now. These manufacturers are Dacia (MinardiFan) and Honda (FMecha). I already have upgrade information from Dodge (myself) and Triumph (pasta).

Also, Pointrox, it seems for whatever reason that your forum-registered email doesn't exist at all.
Everything's great.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Salamander wrote:Also, Pointrox, it seems for whatever reason that your forum-registered email doesn't exist at all.

I deleted it a long time ago and didn't bother to change it on the forums. Now it should be working :P