The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
SimtekFan32

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by SimtekFan32 »

Ah yes, the old FIA gag of penalize the wrong car. I'm sadly all too familiar with that. What's next? Audi getting a break in WEC? Oh wait....
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

More weight on the Chevys AND the Hondas at the next round. What a farce.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Holy balls, that BTCC race just now. Absolutely insane stuff.

Let's just say Shedden and Plato will likely be off Andrew Jordan and Colin Turkington's Christmas card lists...

I wonder if Turks is still sat in his stricken BMW fuming more than the Icelandic volcano that's about to erupt...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The end of that Ginetta Supercup race :shock:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Great to see Mat Jackson and Rob Collard back on the top step of the podium today, winning Race 2 and Race 3 respectively. Also great to see Dave Newsham finish 2nd in Race 3 for the little AmD team. Considering he very nearly didn't race at all due to the death of his mother (RIP), he's done a fantastic job.

Shame Race 3 was spolied somewhat by Neal and Plato (typically) driving like arseholes. Giovanardi and Rob Austin were on for great results, but oh no. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Lada unveiled the 2015 WTCC Vesta, and it's a fine looking car I must say :)
Hopefully the current squad will remain unchanged* and the car will turn out to be consistently fast, unlike Granta (fast on occasions), Priora (fast during one race) or 2110 (not fast at all).

* actually they could re-hire Dudukalo, he was half-decent compared to Kozlovskiy, who still is on a steep learning curve
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Pointrox wrote:Lada unveiled the 2015 WTCC Vesta, and it's a fine looking car I must say :)
Hopefully the current squad will remain unchanged* and the car will turn out to be consistently fast, unlike Granta (fast on occasions), Priora (fast during one race) or 2110 (not fast at all).

* actually they could re-hire Dudukalo, he was half-decent compared to Kozlovskiy, who still is on a steep learning curve

The 2014 Granta is a fundamentally flawed car. Down on power, too high on drag and not enough downforce, and it wasn't able to work off of it's strengths before they went to the new regs. Last year's Granta was probably one of the best cars to have on a street course considering it's nimble form, but they weren't able to convert that into results which could be down to many things. While the 110 and the Priora both had utter farces under the hood, a Chevy Lump from the 90s or maybe sooner as it's base I want to think. The pace evolution for Lada has come a long way, it's too bad everyone else has more resources and has been able to utilises them to a adequate extent.

If the Vesta will be good is up to debate especially if the Granta was a transition car, I just hope Huffy will stay the course with this current meal-ticket instead of jumping ship to V8SC.

EDIT: Dudakalo is a Lukoil driver, and because Lada Sport has a new sponsor, I doubt Aleksi will ever be heard from again unless he goes to TC3.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Meanwhile, we better start wondering if Citröens has someone under they're pay graid in the FIA...

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2014/08/15/honda-gain-10-kilos-in-compensation-weight-for-china/

I mean, what are u doing? Everyone who get's "close" to the Citröens get's added weight...
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Miguel98 wrote:Meanwhile, we better start wondering if Citröens has someone under they're pay graid in the FIA...

No need to. Citröen joining the WTCC is by far the biggest addition they had in recent years. WTCC is seriously struggling to even justify its existence, with local touring car series providing better racing and better drivers, so these big names need to be protected.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Rob Austin wins again at Rockingham! :mrgreen:

Big loser today is Shedden, two so-so races and a first lap retirement is not best for business when you're battling for the title.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

What is it about Austin and Knockhill and Rockingham? He always does well there. Didn't he almost achieve a win at the Rock in 2011?

Oh and nice to see Menu back on the podium. That team does get a big result sometimes. After all Smith's won twice this season
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:Rob Austin wins again at Rockingham! :mrgreen:

Big loser today is Shedden, two so-so races and a first lap retirement is not best for business when you're battling for the title.

I have one word for Shedden: Karma.

Turkington proving why he's the best driver in the BTCC with 2 wins and a fighting 4th, extending his points advantage at every opportunity like he's been doing all season.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Sightly different point here. Anyone remember 2007 when GIO won by like 1 point? anyway earlier in the year turner won his first race at croft, Plato let him through as he had a large cship lead. That coat Plato the 2007 championship...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Looks like the Civic Estate is a one-season fling

I'd be surprised if Honda stick around after next season, they've pretty much done it all in the series since 2010, and with NGTC, the need for factory teams is much diminished compared to past regulations...
andrew

Post by andrew »

If that is the case where would Neal and sheds go? I can't see tordoff or Plato moving? Maybe Renualt will come back?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

andrew wrote:If that is the case where would Neal and sheds go? I can't see tordoff or Plato moving? Maybe Renualt will come back?

Just because Honda drop factory support doesn't mean Team Dynamics will cease to exist.
Everything's great.
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Uh, I wonder though if Honda will actually leave BTCC as an manufacturer team. I mean, even with the NGTC rules (WTCC, why you don't make this the cars allowed, you idiots?), they might be closer to leaving (again) the WTCC then BTCC.. At least in BTCC they fight for titles, which can't be said about WTCC.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Salamander wrote:
andrew wrote:If that is the case where would Neal and sheds go? I can't see tordoff or Plato moving? Maybe Renualt will come back?

Just because Honda drop factory support doesn't mean Team Dynamics will cease to exist.

Ah my bad, I didn't realise that it was team dynamics
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I suspect that even if the factory support was pulled, Dynamics would still run the Civics for at least one maybe two years afterwards.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AndreaModa wrote:I suspect that even if the factory support was pulled, Dynamics would still run the Civics for at least one maybe two years afterwards.

Assuming they don't get manufacturer support from someone else, yeah, I imagine that would happen too. Dynamics have been running Honda's for a decade now, after all.
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Salamander wrote:
AndreaModa wrote:I suspect that even if the factory support was pulled, Dynamics would still run the Civics for at least one maybe two years afterwards.

Assuming they don't get manufacturer support from someone else, yeah, I imagine that would happen too. Dynamics have been running Honda's for a decade now, after all.

And let's not forget that it's Daddy Neal that runs the team - I'm sure he would not want to see his son being dumped unceremoniously...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

dr-baker wrote:And let's not forget that it's Daddy Neal that runs the team - I'm sure he would not want to see his son being dumped unceremoniously...

That depends on when Matt wants to call time on his career - he's been a clear second-best in the team to Shedden throughout the year. I don't think he's the time to want to just putt around in the lower half of the top 10 and not be a serious contender.
Everything's great.
Samster

Post by Samster »

I see no reason why Dynamics would shut down if Honda left, they existed and won two championships before them with cars that they built themselves. Even if Matt retired, I feel the team are committed enough to Gordon now to shift the focus around him. As long as most teams are building their own cars and attracting title sponsors like they are doing now then manufacturers deciding to pull out won't have much impact on the series like it did at the end of the supertouring era.
Samster

Post by Samster »

Looks like Glynn Geddie got a DUI. He's been suspended by United Autosports for the rest of the season.

http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/united- ... nn-geddie/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Samster wrote:Looks like Glynn Geddie got a DUI. He's been suspended by United Autosports for the rest of the season.

This is quite sensible really. When you are paid to drive fast for a living, what message are you sending out to the public if you allow your drivers to do this? At least we know that he did not race drunk, now that they are breathalysing all drivers and officials on each day of a race meeting.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

dr-baker wrote:
Samster wrote:Looks like Glynn Geddie got a DUI. He's been suspended by United Autosports for the rest of the season.

This is quite sensible really. When you are paid to drive fast for a living, what message are you sending out to the public if you allow your drivers to do this? At least we know that he did not race drunk, now that they are breathalysing all drivers and officials on each day of a race meeting.

The great irony is that his team mate James Cole is a road safety campaigner, with his Drivecool organisation. :lol:

Personally I'm hoping for either Paul O'Neill or Jake Hill to replace Geddie for the last two rounds.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

The great irony is that his team mate James Cole is a road safety campaigner, with his Drivecool organisation. :lol:

Personally I'm hoping for either Paul O'Neill or Jake Hill to replace Geddie for the last two rounds.

Definitely Paul O'Neill - he'll do better behind the wheel than just reading out messages on ITV...
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I finally got round to watching the races this week, and apart from Austin's win I didn't find much to enjoy, but then I am a Honda fan!
They never go well at Rockingham and the wretched MGs do so it's not my favourite place (aside from it being a soulless dull circuit in the first place)

Full marks to ITV's coverage for yet again missing a major incident. Hunter Abbott's Audi is spinning across a corner and...we pan away to some other cars. Then we don't even get a replay.

Oh well...I have nothing against Colin Turkington or BMW so I'll be happy if he wins. As long as Plato doesn't.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Barbazza wrote:Rockingham ... so it's not my favourite place (aside from it being a soulless dull circuit in the first place)

It's great for spectators in the grandstands as you can see as much of the track as at Brands Hatch from Paddock Hill Grandstand (i.e around 98%). So, having been a spectator there myself, I like it...
MCard LOLA
Samster

Post by Samster »

dr-baker wrote:
East Londoner wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Looks like Glynn Geddie got a DUI. He's been suspended by United Autosports for the rest of the season.

Definitely Paul O'Neill - he'll do better behind the wheel than just reading out messages on ITV...

Turns out its Luke Hines! Famous for driving for both Vauxhall and SEAT yet achieving nothing more than a handful of lucky reverse grid wins. Very left field considering its been nine years since he was last in the series and he's committed blasphemy by not running #57.
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/luke-hi ... -the-btcc/

And Tony Gilham will also return at Brands driving Holland's Audi, hopefully without splashing his usual garish pink and green on the car.
http://www.btcc.net/2014/09/26/gilham-t ... nds-hatch/
mrfakeboullier

Post by mrfakeboullier »

To Sum up the Ginetta Juniours race in one picture
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

mrfakeboullier wrote:To Sum up the Ginetta Juniours race in one picture

I couldn't stop laughing through the last part of that. :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

HUGE accident for Rob Collard at the end of Race 2. Hope he's alright, that was one hell of a hit.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Apparntly it was sheds and clarke that caused it, not surprising considering the Hondas driving this year, GIO on pole for race 3, go go go GIO
Samster

Post by Samster »

Say something bad about TOCA and Gow will threaten to take your license away. Unless your name is Jason Plato, then it seems you can say whatever the hell you like. :roll:
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/team-dy ... -comments/

Even more annoying was Gow's defense on the btcc.net forum when accused of biased, declaring it nonsense and completely ignoring that fact that he's allowed Plato to get away with murder for years, then gets on his soapbox and claims the accusation to be offensive to the officials and stewards. In short GO HOME GOW!!! :evil:
http://www.btccforum.net/forum/showthre ... ns-of-Bias
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I had no idea Triple 8 had decided to convert Sam Tordoff's MG to steam power between Race 2 and Race 3. An innovative idea for sure, but it seems it's all gone up in smoke on the formation lap.

:lol:
andrew

Post by andrew »

Is it me or does GIO always get punted off in race 3

He got taken off at snet, croft, knockhill and now and silverstone
Last edited by andrew on 28 Sep 2014, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JAAAACKSOOOOOOONNNNNNN :D :D :D :D
Everything's great.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

And thank goodness Rob Collard was OK. And looking forward to seeing Turkington take the title.
MCard LOLA
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Samster wrote:Say something bad about TOCA and Gow will threaten to take your license away. Unless your name is Jason Plato, then it seems you can say whatever the hell you like. :roll:
http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/team-dy ... -comments/

Even more annoying was Gow's defense on the btcc.net forum when accused of biased, declaring it nonsense and completely ignoring that fact that he's allowed Plato to get away with murder for years, then gets on his soapbox and claims the accusation to be offensive to the officials and stewards. In short GO HOME GOW!!! :evil:
http://www.btccforum.net/forum/showthre ... ns-of-Bias

There's a big difference between saying that the regulations are unfair because it's hard to balance the performance of the cars using several parameters, and that TOCA can fix it; and claiming that the regulations are unfair because TOCA is trying to force your team out of the championship.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck