The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Alextrax52

Re: 2014 Hungarian Grand Prix Thread

Post by Alextrax52 »

When will we see a fair RBR battle?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

good_Ralf wrote:Has Rosberg overtaken K-Mags illegally under the SC?

He wouldn't have overtaken Mags and not given the place back if he wasn't ordered to, I think. He exited the pits just as the pack was passing by.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Mexicola wrote:Grosjean's dropped it under the safety car!

Looked like he got a lot more power than he wanted which kicked the back out and drove him into the wall. Maybe his ERS software had a hiccup?
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

The weather made the Hungaroring interesting again.
If it rains soon (and no unsafe release penalty), button looks good.
If it doesn't rain soon, go ricciardo!
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

55 laps to go, Hamilton is 0.2 seconds behind Rosberg after starting from the pitlane.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Think Hamilton's drive is impressive? No not really
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Think Hamilton's drive is impressive? No not really

It is though. Deal with it.

Force India for ROTR surely. Imbeciles. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Maldonado!
Just not a good driver.

The man whos job is always on the line (Vergne) doing a good job though.
Last edited by pablo_h on 27 Jul 2014, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

It wouldn't be a proper grand prix without Bastard loldonado being involved in an accident.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Mexicola wrote:It wouldn't be a proper grand prix without Bastard loldonado being involved in an accident.

Ha Ha, so true.

Meanwhile, Ric out front, fastest lap...
Shame about Button though, lucky not getting an unsafe release, but not lucky on tyres. I guess you can't rely on that much luck in a single GP.

MASSIVE CRASH by Perez!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Jesus bathplug Perez. That's two wrecked Force Indias.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

pablo_h wrote:MASSIVE CRASH by Perez!

He just set the fastest Sector 1 time of anyone so far.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

Perez has just been turned into a Taco Supreme.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

good_Ralf wrote:
pablo_h wrote:MASSIVE CRASH by Perez!

He just set the fastest Sector 1 time of anyone so far.

That's not the fastest way around a circuit though ;)

E: Oh wait, yeah...
Last edited by pablo_h on 27 Jul 2014, 12:49, edited 2 times in total.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Want a good Hungarian Grand Prix? Just add water!
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Weiss

Post by Weiss »

So, can someone explain why they didn't return to their positions after they went to change tyres during sc? What a brain freeze
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Nice pirouette from Vettel
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

VETTEL DROPS IT WHERE PEREZ DID BUT SURVIVES! :shock:
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Gutierrez :(
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Hope it rains again soon, just to make it more interesting to the strategy/teams planning to run to the end of the race...

Massa has been quiet, and getting on with the job...
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Beautiful defending from Kimi.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Hamilton disobeying team-orders.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

C'Mon Ric, you gave Alonso a go last race, can you do it again now?

e:What a star!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

WHAT A RACE!
Fetzie

Post by Fetzie »

Ricciardo
Alonso
Hamilton
Rosberg
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

East Londoner wrote:WHAT A RACE!

Damn right! It's going to be hard to pick an IIDOTR from some awesome drives.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Fetzie wrote:Ricciardo
Alonso
Hamilton
Rosberg

Only the first two drivers will be happy ;)
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Great driving by Ric.
Poor Sutil. Missed points by one place.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ricky could match Mark's win tally by the end of 2016
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

What.A.Brilliant.Race.

Great win by Ricciardo. Brilliant driving. Also, Alonso should get a car that finally matches him. What a drive with those dead tyres. And I wonder what's going on Mercede's side: what happened today can't be good.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Man. WHAT A RACE. Here are my quick thoughts.

- Ricciardo. Wow. Just... Wow. Hungaroring is known for giving first wins to drivers due to unlikely circumstances and I'm inclined to add Ricciardo on the list because this time he beat BOTH Mercs ON THE ROAD... without either of them suffering from trouble. My hat's off for Danny boy!
- Alonso. How does he keep doing that? And how long will he have the patience to keep dragging that shitbox for a car to places it doesn't belong? I'm starting to form a Schuey-like approach to Alonso. Can't stand the man, but I can't NOT respect his driving ability.
- Hamilton. A decent drive, that much I admit. Though a bit of luck and a bit of Mercs overpowering performance. I expect some conversations to rise about not letting Nico through earlier and ALMOST pushing Nico off the road on the last lap.
- Rosberg. Once again showed why he is the stronger World champion candidate imo. Took a race where all circumstances went against him and still almost got a podium.
- Massa. For once he looked like he belonged. And managed to keep his nose clean.
- Räikkönen. So, from 16th to 6th in a car that doesn't belong that high. Not bad from a guy who doesn't give a crap and should go home eh? I'd even say his drive was more impressive than Alonsos, and it would've been had Fernando not kept both mercs behind.
- Vettel. Look at Ricciardo. Now look at yourself. Look back at Ricciardo, he won the race. Look at yourself again, where are you? You're barely on the points.
- Bottas. Williams bathplug up strategywise again. Still he keeps on showing that he belongs and I would be VERY surprised if he doesn't win the championship the moment he gets a car capable of it.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Happy for Ricciardo, but I won't lie that I would've loved to see an Alonso win.

What a race though!
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Ricky could match Mark's win tally by the end of 2016

Don't put a curse on him like that :D
For the record, while Mark was a Canberra milk kid, Daniel is a home town kid to me.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

pablo_h wrote:

There's a reason I'm refusing to write an article on him this year.

I just rewound back to rewatch those two moves on Hamilton and Alonso. OK, he had much fresher tyres. And whilst that outside move on Lewis looked spectacular, how good was that divebomb on Fernando. Yes he had DRS, but he's in a Red Bull, slow in a straight line, when many had not been able to effect a DRS pass all race. He essentially brakes as soon as he pulls out, so (a) it's great skill and coordination, and (b) he actually doesn't brake that late. Instead he has the presence of mind to make sure he hugs the apex, gets great drive, and remembers he can use DRS again to pull clear of the Ferrari before turn 2. Incredible.
fbjim

Post by fbjim »

Daniel now has two career wins starting from lower than third on the grid. Sebastian has zero.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

eytl wrote:
pablo_h wrote:

There's a reason I'm refusing to write an article on him this year.

I just rewound back to rewatch those two moves on Hamilton and Alonso. OK, he had much fresher tyres. And whilst that outside move on Lewis looked spectacular, how good was that divebomb on Fernando. Yes he had DRS, but he's in a Red Bull, slow in a straight line, when many had not been able to effect a DRS pass all race. He essentially brakes as soon as he pulls out, so (a) it's great skill and coordination, and (b) he actually doesn't brake that late. Instead he has the presence of mind to make sure he hugs the apex, gets great drive, and remembers he can use DRS again to pull clear of the Ferrari before turn 2. Incredible.

When I saw it live, it looked to me like he could overshot the corner, and indeed Alonso tried to take advantage of it, but Dan was completely in control. I believe he's driver of the year so far.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I'd just about got to the point where I could cope with Lewis but now I'm really beginning to hate him again. A podium from the pit lane, beating your team mate through a massive amount of good fortune and still you're miserable? Get over yourself man.
Also, Rosberg had every right to moan about not being let past in his post-race interview (and arguably, the move on the last lap when he tried to pass Lewis, although I think that was fair) but he didn't do that at all, and although was obviously not overly happy, was sporting enough about his lot. If the boot was on the other foot, would that have been the case? I think we all know the answer to that.

And as for the media constantly going on about Lewis's recent 'bad luck' - it's utter BS. A few bad Saturdays means NOTHING in that car. Bad luck is having your car conk out in the race as Nico's did at Silverstone, and an easy win taken away by the timing of the Safety Car as per Nico's race today.

Anyhow, the race was at least very absorbing and although I am a huge Alonso fan, I can't argue with Ricciardo taking it at all. Yet again, he drove brilliantly.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Barbazza wrote:I'd just about got to the point where I could cope with Lewis but now I'm really beginning to hate him again. A podium from the pit lane, beating your team mate through a massive amount of good fortune and still you're miserable? Get over yourself man.
Also, Rosberg had every right to moan about not being let past in his post-race interview (and arguably, the move on the last lap when he tried to pass Lewis, although I think that was fair) but he didn't do that at all, and although was obviously not overly happy, was sporting enough about his lot. If the boot was on the other foot, would that have been the case? I think we all know the answer to that.

And I think this could be a deciding factor in the championship. Hamilton had a great race, without question. But he's focusing on the negatives, that Mercedes asked him to move over to accommodate Rosberg's strategy, which in itself I don't think was a terrible call, but how they phrased it was.

Rosberg, on the other hand, had a sure win taken away by something completely out of his control. But he's still looking on the positive side. I would not have been surprised if he came across as quite aggrieved after the race, but he's being sporting about it and keeping perspective. This championship is still far too close with too long to go to call, but the longer this goes on, the more inclined I am to think that Rosberg does have what it takes to come out ahead of Hamilton after Abu Dhabi.
Everything's great.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Can't say I agree.
Rosberg is constantly asking the team things like, help me out, make me faster, tell him to let me pass.
Hamilton is saying things like let me know what he's doing, also **** him and **** the team for this POS car LOL.

I'm no Hamilton fan, but it's clear he just wants them to give him a car capable and reliable, while Rosberg needs all sorts of coddling.
And when I say that, part of the reason why I'm not a Hamilton fan is he does require a fair bit of coddling himself, but it seems Rosberg is worse.
Right now Hamilton doubts everything because he doesn't think the team can give him a car reliable, but once he gets over that then I think his attitude will improve.
Echos of redbull. If Hamilton can focus, he can win it, because he's already been WDC. While Rosberg will need support up to the final lap of season 2014.

edit:

eytl wrote:There's a reason I'm refusing to write an article on him this year.

I very much appreciate that. Thank you :D
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pablo_h wrote:Can't say I agree.
Rosberg is constantly asking the team things like, help me out, make me faster, tell him to let me pass.
Hamilton is saying things like let me know what he's doing, also **** him and **** the team for this POS car LOL.

So? You need to have the attitude of a champion to become one, and Rosberg is looking for every little advantage he can. If Rosberg can look on the bright side after losing a sure win, and if Hamilton is getting hung up over an ultimately meaningless radio message, then it's clear that one of these guys is having the right attitude for winning the championship and one is not.

And, in my view, it takes a big man to admit that he needs help from the pit wall to drive his racing car to its limit.
Everything's great.