RIP Super Aguri

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

RIP Super Aguri

Post by tristan1117 »

An object that has been passed over by the mainstream media.

Yesterday, one year ago, Super Aguri F1 and Aguri Suzuki announced their immediate withdrawal from F1 operations. This left hundreds of fans, not just in Japan, devastated. :( . Aguri, we miss you and if there is anyway anyone can help his team return under the budget rules then I'm all for it.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Re: RIP Super Aguri

Post by eytl »

If this were posted on Facebook I would be clicking the "like" button.

Hear hear.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Fingers crossed that the rumoured return of Super Aguri comes off and that this absence is simply a lull while F1 learns sense the hard way.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Alianora La Canta wrote:Fingers crossed that the rumoured return of Super Aguri comes off and that this absence is simply a lull while F1 learns sense the hard way.

Agreed, F1 hasn't really been the same for me since Super Aguri left.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I doubt they'll be back. Not unless they can prove they'll be in the sport for a while; the FIA and FOM might be willing to help new teams in their first year under the new rules, but that doesn't mean they're going to be willing to do it every other new year because teams keep withdrawing. USGPE and Prodrive/Aston Martin are looking pretty strong for two of the three vacancies for next year, and Toro Rosso have apparently been in talks with someone for a while now, though they won't say who. That means Aguri is going to be facing pretty stiff competition for the third and final vacancy on the grid, and they're up against at least two GP2 teams, iSport and ART Grand Prix, not to mention the world's fifth-largest car manufacturer and one of the few to have endured the financial crisis fairly well, Hyundai. Unless they show up on thegrid as Super Aguri-Hyundai, I'd say they're an outside chace, though they've probably get a better shot than Nick Wirth does.

Didn't much care for the team myself when they were on the grid; aside from that pass on Alonso back in 2007, they never really impressed me.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...