Jocke1

Re: Unusual F1 Stats

Post by Jocke1 »

Pastor Maldonado's points haul from the last 14 Grand Prix is ... 1p. :|
-*:-
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:Pastor Maldonado's points haul from the last 14 Grand Prix is ... 1p. :|

Huh? His points is one penny? :lol: Or he gets paid one penny per point scored by Lotus?

watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Now I nedd to go to spend a penny... Hmm.

I have heard it said that if Britain were to adopt the Euro as a currency, the EU would ban us from using the phrase, "To spend a penny." But in their good grace, they have offered an alternative phrase to use in its place. It would be, "To €uronate." But that just takes the piss.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Maldonado and Grosjean never finished Monaco Grand Prix in F1 and all of they retirements were by crashes:

Maldonado

2011: Crashed with Hamilton
2012: Crashed with de la Rosa
2013: Crashed with Chilton

Grosjean:

2012: Crashed in first lap with Alonso and Schumacher
2013: Crashed with Ricciardo.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Dj_bereta wrote:Maldonado and Grosjean never finished Monaco Grand Prix in F1 and all of they retirements were by crashes:

Maldonado

Grosjean:

2014 Crash with each other???
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

I had an interesting occurrence on the PMMF where a British driver got pole position, fastest lap, won the race, got ROTR and a British team also won. The only thing spoiling the British whitewash was that the race was held in Singapore - if only the race was held pre-1963 when it was a UK colony!

Has there ever been an F1 race that has been held in one country, and every award has been won by a driver/team of the same nationality?
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

WeirdKerr wrote:
Dj_bereta wrote:Maldonado and Grosjean never finished Monaco Grand Prix in F1 and all of they retirements were by crashes:

Maldonado

Grosjean:

2014 Crash with each other???

If Pastor FINALLY gets a decent qualifying together, maybe he can get his car into Q3... but then yeah, it's a risk that he'll bulldoze someone off at St. Devote :lol:

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

dr-baker wrote:I have heard it said that if Britain were to adopt the Euro as a currency, the EU would ban us from using the phrase, "To spend a penny." But in their good grace, they have offered an alternative phrase to use in its place. It would be, "To €uronate." But that just takes the piss.

Obviously it does. Otherwise there wouldn't a shopping chain called "Penny" in Germany. It's just another piece of anti-EU propaganda that falls on ripe earth in the UK since, for some asinine reason, they think they are still relevant in the modern world despite their empire being deader than Ferrarist's love life.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Klon wrote: It's just another piece of anti-EU propaganda that falls on ripe earth in the UK since, for some asinine reason, they think they are still relevant in the modern world despite their empire being deader than Ferrarist's love life.

Yes, these days the powers that be prefer to victimise people within our own shores. Its quicker and cheaper than travelling across the globe brutally subjugating countries and stripping away their natural resources.

Them were the days...
Just For One Day...
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

CoopsII wrote:
Klon wrote: It's just another piece of anti-EU propaganda that falls on ripe earth in the UK since, for some asinine reason, they think they are still relevant in the modern world despite their empire being deader than Ferrarist's love life.

Yes, these days the powers that be prefer to victimise people within our own shores. Its quicker and cheaper than travelling across the globe brutally subjugating countries and stripping away their natural resources.

Them were the days...

The Empire on which the sun never sets

*puts on colonial rose-tinted glasses*
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

AustralianStig wrote:I had an interesting occurrence on the PMMF where a British driver got pole position, fastest lap, won the race, got ROTR and a British team also won. The only thing spoiling the British whitewash was that the race was held in Singapore - if only the race was held pre-1963 when it was a UK colony!

Has there ever been an F1 race that has been held in one country, and every award has been won by a driver/team of the same nationality?

There is: The 1957 British Grand Prix. Circuit: Aintree, pole-position Stirling Moss (GB), fastest lap Stirling Moss (GB), winners Moss and Tony Brooks (both GB, obviously shared the car, which you could do back then). And the car was a Vanwall (GB).
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Turbogirl wrote:
AustralianStig wrote:I had an interesting occurrence on the PMMF where a British driver got pole position, fastest lap, won the race, got ROTR and a British team also won. The only thing spoiling the British whitewash was that the race was held in Singapore - if only the race was held pre-1963 when it was a UK colony!

There is: The 1957 British Grand Prix. Circuit: Aintree, pole-position Stirling Moss (GB), fastest lap Stirling Moss (GB), winners Moss and Tony Brooks (both GB, obviously shared the car, which you could do back then). And the car was a Vanwall (GB).

A few hours ago I came up with the 1952 Italian GP, but I didn't know ROTR counted....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Mercedes hold the 100% record for laps led all season and are currently 6th in the all-time ranking of "most consecutive lead laps by a constructor". If they lead lights-to-flag in Monte Carlo and the race is 100% completed, they will have lead a total of 368 laps in the lead consecutively. I calculate that to break the all time record, set by McLaren between Brazil and France 1988 (477 consecutive leading laps), Merc will have to lead every lap in Monaco, Canada and Austria. Tall order IMO.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:

A few hours ago I came up with the 1952 Italian GP, but I didn't know ROTR counted....

It also happened in every Indy 500 that counted towards the world championship (from 1950 to 1960). :ugeek:
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Them were the days...

The Empire on which the sun never sets

*puts on colonial rose-tinted glasses*

Speaking of insane concepts, the bloody World Cup starts soon when, despite the fact England are no good at football, idiots over here will be convinced they're going to win it. I 'ate football.
Just For One Day...
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

good_Ralf wrote:Mercedes hold the 100% record for laps led all season and are currently 6th in the all-time ranking of "most consecutive lead laps by a constructor". If they lead lights-to-flag in Monte Carlo and the race is 100% completed, they will have lead a total of 368 laps in the lead consecutively. I calculate that to break the all time record, set by McLaren between Brazil and France 1988 (477 consecutive leading laps), Merc will have to lead every lap in Monaco, Canada and Austria. Tall order IMO.

Dietrich Mateschitz is plotting the downfall of their linguistic cousins.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:Speaking of insane concepts, the bloody World Cup starts soon when, despite the fact England are no good at football, idiots over here will be convinced they're going to win it. I 'ate football.

The English national team is good at football, they just chose to play it in a primitive way...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
RAK

Post by RAK »

DanielPT wrote:
CoopsII wrote:Speaking of insane concepts, the bloody World Cup starts soon when, despite the fact England are no good at football, idiots over here will be convinced they're going to win it. I 'ate football.

The English national team is good at football, they just chose to play it in a primitive way...

That's not exactly a new phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_v_ ... %281953%29
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

DanielPT wrote:

The English national team is good at football, its just that nearly every other nation is better...

Is that what you meant?
Just For One Day...
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

CoopsII wrote:
DanielPT wrote:

The English national team is good at football, its just that nearly every other nation is better...

Is that what you meant?

Nope. What I said is proven by the champions league careers of the best English teams. And then when you look at them, they have a fair amount of English players. Unlike Benfica who will play with one, maybe two Portuguese players...
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

RAK wrote:That's not exactly a new phenomenon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/England_v_ ... %281953%29

Oh yeah, back then with Puskás and the others, our team was up there, but nowadays... :?

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

It occurred to me recently (while watching "The Last Teammate" during the Imola anniversary week) that Ratzenberger and Senna were both teammates of sons of world champions of the 1960s. Morbedelli, however, was the teammate of a son of an almost F1 Reject, and the nephew of a champion of the 1970s...
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

March 18, 2012 - June 10, 2012;
3 months and 7 different winners.

May 26, 2013 - May 25, 2014;
12 months and 3 different winners. :shock:
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Jocke1 wrote:March 18, 2012 - June 10, 2012;

That equals to:

2012 - 2.3 different winners/month
2014 - 0.25 different winners/month

And the fact that there have only been 3 different winning drivers in the past 12 months hasn't happened in F1 since 1988. At least its a little diverse behind the Mercedes.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

good_Ralf wrote:

That equals to:

And the fact that there have only been 3 different winning drivers in the past 12 months hasn't happened in F1 since 1988. At least its a little diverse behind the Mercedes.

I'm willing to bet my avatar that the next person to win a race who isn't Vettel, Hamilton or Rosberg is Ricciardo. :P
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:

That equals to:

I'm willing to bet my avatar that the next person to win a race who isn't Vettel, Hamilton or Rosberg is Ricciardo. :P

I think Kimi might have a chance if he can show more performances like the first 29 laps in Monaco
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

Here's one I didn't see mentioned, unless I skimmed past it:

Only driver to win 2 consecutive GPs held in the same country
: Damon Hill.

Damon won the season finale in Adelaide in 1995, then also won the 1996 opener in Melbourne. A very unique record and probably won't be beat anytime soon!
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

MadGaz85 wrote:Here's one I didn't see mentioned, unless I skimmed past it:

Damon won the season finale in Adelaide in 1995, then also won the 1996 opener in Melbourne. A very unique record and probably won't be beat anytime soon!

Ah not quite so... Schuey won the 1995 Pacific and Japanese Grands Prix-both in Japan....
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Its the fourth time in-a-row that Pastor Maldonado failed to finish Monaco Grand Prix.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Dj_bereta wrote:Its the fourth time in-a-row that Pastor Maldonado failed to finish Monaco Grand Prix.

At least fellow (ex-)crashkid Grosjean got his first Monaco finish in the bag, and it was a points score too. BTW Perez must be cursed in Monaco, he's yet to score a point there. 2011 saw him get knocked out from that big accident, 2012 saw him crash in quali (it was a technical problem IIRC) and eventually finish 11th, 2013 saw him collide with Raikkonen and retire with brake problems after an overaggressive but decent drive into the top 6 and 2014 saw him punted off on lap 1 by Button. Perhaps Perez will never ever finish strongly around the Principality.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote:

Ah not quite so... Schuey won the 1995 Pacific and Japanese Grands Prix-both in Japan....

I've made that exact same mistake on this forum before. Four consecutive races, held in only two countries, and that happens...
MCard LOLA
MrMG

Post by MrMG »

MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote:

I keep on forgetting that Pacific GP even existed!

Let's just clutch at straws and say Hill was the first to win consecutive GPs under the same title ;)
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Don't lose hope. I felt exactly the same pre-2008. Every year we were going to win, even though our qualifying tournaments seemed to be getting worse the whole time. I still remember some stupid headlines from the Whole Spanish Press, for example in the 2006 World Cup we finished top of our group and met France, who had finished second in theirs, in the last 16 round. As you may remember Zidane was retiring after that tournament, so from that point on every match could be his last. Well, the nuppets at Marca ran a "we are going to retire Zidane" before the match, and of course you know what the result was.

Mind you, I believe if we hadn't managed to clear Italy in the Euro 2008 quarter-finals after the penalty shootout (Spain's previous history with shootouts was as bad as England's, in fact I think the only time England have won a shootout was precisely against Spain) we would still remain winless since 1964. It was the kind of match we always go out: playing better than ever and somehow missing to score obvious goals; the fact we were facing Italy made it even more likely that we would drop out, but somehow, we went through. Maybe the future has something similar in store for England!

"...'cos I remember, three lions on a shirt..." ;)
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Points gap between teammates;

1. Alonso 61 >>>>>>>>>> Raikkonen 17 = 44 points :oops: :oops:
2. Hulkenberg 47 >>>>>> Perez 20 = 27 points
3. Bottas 34 >>>>>>>>>> Massa 18 = 16 points
4. Button 31 >>>>>>>>> Magnussen 21 = 10 points
5. Ricciardo 54 >>>>>>> Vettel 45 = 9 points
6. Grosjean 8 >>>>>>>> Maldonado 0 = 8 points
7. Rosberg 122 >>>>>> Hamilton 118 = 4 points
8. Bianchi 2 >>>>>>>>> Chilton 0 = 2 points

9. Vergne 4 ------------- Kvyat 4 = TIE
10. Sutil 0 -------------- Gutierrez 0 = TIE
11. Ericsson 0 ---------- Kobayashi 0 = TIE
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Sebastian Vettel's completed race laps in F1;

80.3% (395 of 492 laps)

72.4% (809 of 1117 laps)

85.7% (847 of 988 laps)

94.4% (1066 of 1129 laps)

95.2% (1079 of 1133 laps)

97.5% (1162 of 1192 laps)

99.0% (1120 of 1131 laps)

- including monaco
65.8% (242 of 368 laps)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

List of where and number of times Formula 1 has had it's opening round of the season;

Australia - 17 times
Argentina - 15 times
Brazil - 10 times
South Africa - 9 times
Monaco - 5 times
U.S.A - 3 times
Switzerland / Bahrain - 2 times
Netherlands / Britain - 1 time
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Jocke1 wrote:List of where and number of times Formula 1 has had it's opening round of the season;

Australia - 17 times
Argentina - 15 times
Brazil - 10 times
South Africa - 9 times
Monaco - 5 times
U.S.A - 3 times
Switzerland / Bahrain - 2 times
Netherlands / Britain - 1 time

We can't do that without doing the last round as well.

United States: 12
Australia: 11
Japan: 8
Mexico: 7
Brazil: 7
Italy: 6
Spain: 3
South Africa: 3
UAE: 3 counting this year
Morocco/Canada/Portugal/Malaysia/China: 1
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Points gap between a World Champion and his teammate
(or at least one of the drivers who drove a similar car during the season)

1950: Nino Farina, 30 points - Juan Manuel Fangio, 27 points (3 points)
1951: Juan Manuel Fangio, 31 points - Nino Farina, 19 points (12 points)
1952: Alberto Ascari, 36 points - Nino Farina, 24 points (12 points)
1953: Alberto Ascari, 34,5 points - Nino Farina, 26 points (8,5 points)
1954: Juan Manuel Fangio, 42 points - Karl Kling, 12 points (30 points)
1955: Juan Manuel Fangio, 40 points - Stirling Moss, 23,5 points (16,5 points)
1956: Juan Manuel Fangio, 30 points - Peter Collins, 25 points (5 points)
1957: Juan Manuel Fangio, 40 points - Stirling Moss, 25 points (15 points)
1958: Mike Hawthorn, 42 points - Peter Collins, 14 points (28 points)
1959: Jack Brabham, 31 points - Stirling Moss, 25,5 points (5,5 points)
1960: Jack Brabham, 43 points - Bruce McLaren, 34 points (9 points)
1961: Phil Hill, 34 points - Wolfgang von Trips, 33 points (1 point)
1962: Graham Hill, 42 points - Richie Ginther, 10 points (32 points)
1963: Jim Clark, 54 points - Jack Brabham, 14 points (40 points)
1964: John Surtees, 40 points - Lorenzo Bandini, 23 points (17 points)
1965: Jim Clark, 54 points - Mike Spence, 10 points (44 points)
1966: Jack Brabham, 42 points - Denny Hulme, 18 points (24 points)
1967: Denny Hulme, 51 points - Jack Brabham, 46 points (5 points)
1968: Graham Hill, 48 points - Jo Siffert, 12 points (36 points)
1969: Jackie Stewart, 63 points - Jean-Pierre Beltoise, 21 points (42 points)
1970: Jochen Rindt, 45 points - Emerson Fittipaldi, 12 points (33 points)
1971: Jackie Stewart, 62 points - Francois Cevert, 26 points (36 points)
1972: Emerson Fittipaldi, 61 points - Dave Walker, 0 points (61 points)
1973: Jackie Stewart, 71 points - Francois Cevert, 47 points (24 points)
1974: Emerson Fittipaldi, 55 points - Ronnie Peterson, 35 points (20 points)
1975: Niki Lauda, 64,5 points - Clay Regazzoni, 25 points (39,5 points)
1976: James Hunt, 69 points - Jochen Mass, 19 points (50 points)
1977: Niki Lauda, 72 points - Carlos Reutemann, 42 points (30 points)
1978: Mario Andretti, 64 points - Ronnie Peterson, 51 points (13 points)
1979: Jody Scheckter, 51 points - Gilles Villeneuve, 47 points (4 points)
1980: Alan Jones, 67 points - Carlos Reutemann, 42 points (25 points)
1981: Nelson Piquet, 50 points - Hector Rebacque, 11 points (39 points)
1982: Keke Rosberg, 44 points - Derek Daly, 8 points (36 points)
1983: Nelson Piquet, 59 points - Riccardo Patrese, 13 points (46 points)
1984: Niki Lauda, 72 points - Alain Prost, 71,5 points (0,5 points) smallest gap ever
1985: Alain Prost, 73 points - Niki Lauda, 14 points (59 points)
1986: Alain Prost, 72 points - Keke Rosberg, 22 points (50 points)
1987: Nelson Piquet, 73 points - Nigel Mansell, 61 points (12 points)
1988: Ayrton Senna, 90 points - Alain Prost, 87 points (3 points)
1989: Alain Prost, 76 points - Ayrton Senna, 60 points (16 points)
1990: Ayrton Senna, 78 points - Gerhard Berger, 43 points (35 points)
1991: Ayrton Senna, 96 points - Gerhard Berger, 43 points (53 points)
1992: Nigel Mansell, 108 points - Riccardo Patrese, 56 points (52 points)
1993: Alain Prost, 99 points - Damon Hill, 69 points (30 points)
1994: Michael Schumacher, 92 points - Jos Verstappen, 10 points (82 points) biggest gap with the old points system
1995: Michael Schumacher, 102 points - Johnny Herbert, 45 points (57 points)
1996: Damon Hill, 97 points - Jacques Villeneuve, 78 points (18 points)
1997: Jacques Villeneuve, 81 points - Heinz-Harald Frentzen, 42 points (39 points)
1998: Mika Häkkinen, 100 points - David Coulthard, 56 points (44 points)
1999: Mika Häkkinen, 76 points - David Coulthard, 48 points (28 points)
2000: Michael Schumacher, 108 points - Rubens Barrichello, 62 points (46 points)
2001: Michael Schumacher, 123 points - Rubens Barrichello, 56 points (67 points)
2002: Michael Schumacher, 144 points - Rubens Barrichello, 77 points (67 points)
2003: Michael Schumacher, 93 points - Rubens Barrichello, 65 points (28 points)
2004: Michael Schumacher, 148 points - Rubens Barrichello, 114 points (34 points)
2005: Fernando Alonso, 133 points - Giancarlo Fisichella, 58 points (75 points)
2006: Fernando Alonso, 134 points - Giancarlo Fisichella, 72 points (62 points)
2007: Kimi Räikkönen, 110 points - Felipe Massa, 94 points (16 points)
2008: Lewis Hamilton, 98 points - Heikki Kovalainen, 53 points (45 points)
2009: Jenson Button, 95 points - Rubens Barrichello, 77 points (18 points)
2010: Sebastian Vettel, 256 points - Mark Webber, 242 points (14 points)
2011: Sebastian Vettel, 392 points - Mark Webber, 258 points (134 points)
2012: Sebastian Vettel, 281 points - Mark Webber, 179 points (102 points)
2013: Sebastian Vettel, 397 points - Mark Webber, 199 points (198 points) biggest gap with the new points system
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

its 20 races in-a-row that a German driver and/or team is winning a race. Since 2013 Monaco Grand Prix.

Also, with the 9 wins of Vettel in the last year and the win of Rosberg in the season opener, it was 10 consecutives wins for Germany.