Your Reject of the Race - Monaco

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Monaco

Post by Londoner »

Bloody hell, there are so many candidates for this award I don't know where to begin. Well, knock yerselves out with this thread.
Last edited by Londoner on 25 May 2014, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Ed24

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Monaco

Post by Ed24 »

My first thought is Esteban Gutierrez, throwing away Sauber's first points of the year, relegating them below Marussia in the standings.

However, as you say, there are a lot of options!
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Kimi Räikkönen's luck is a good candidate, actually. But I believe it must go to Esteban Gutiérrez for maybe blowing out 9th in the constructors for Sauber. Yeah, the season is long and it's just two points - but the car looks worse than last year's Williams, and it took a late effort by Bottas in the penultimate race for it to score more than those two points.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
AustralianStig

Post by AustralianStig »

Sauber - both cars out in Q1 yesterday and no points today, meaning they are now below Marussia in the Constructors championship after 6 races - that's a big chunk of the season to have 0 points.

Honourable mention to the 2014 engines.
Join the GP Rejects league at Fantasy F1: https://fantasy.formula1.com/join/?=2a1f25

CoopsII wrote:
Biscione wrote:To the surprise of no-one, Daniil Kvyat wins ROTR for Sochi, by a record margin that may not be surpassed for some time.

I always knew Marko read this forum.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

I'm going for a 3 way tie between Sutil, Gutierrez and Kobayashi. All three of them made driving errors that had any one of them not made, they'd have very likely scored points. And they contrived to do it on a day when the only other team competing with theirs' picked up 2 points (barring overkill from the stewards, in which case I'll change my ROTR nomination to them). They probably won't get another chance at points this season, so they may very well have handed Marussia 9th place in the WCC.

Honourable mentions:

Renault engines for taking both Torro Rossos out of the race, and being so gutless that Ricciardo didn't even a notional chance of putting a move on Hamilton.
Whoever released Vergne. When did Torro Rosso start putting horse-blinders on their pit crew?
Last edited by Enforcer on 25 May 2014, 14:17, edited 2 times in total.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Right, where to start here.

Sauber - This was their best opportunity for points, and what do they do? Sutil bins it after making several banzai passes, and Gutierrez throws away 9th with a few laps to go. They're 11th in the WCC.
Toro Rosso - Stupid release in the pits, ruined Vergne's day, and to cap it off, a double DNF.
Engines - Lots of problems. Just what we wanted :mrgreen:
Stewards - Were a bunch of complete and utter asshats all race long, so nearly ruined the Marussia fairytale.
Kimi Raikkonen's luck - Deserted him completely

But ROTR has to go to (because he pissed me off so much this weekend):

Lewis Hamilton - Stop whinging for 5 seconds, for HWNSNBM's sake. :evil:
Last edited by Londoner on 25 May 2014, 14:17, edited 2 times in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Lewis Hamilton: For his post-race behaviour. Grow up, boy!
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Hamilton whining again :roll:
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

ROTR is clearly going to Lewis Hamilton in my opinion. Not once this weekend has he stopped whinging. I was pretty ambivalent on him before this weekend but it looks like, for all his winning, he is exactly the same petulant child he was at McLaren. Really hope Rosberg wins this championship now.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
GerhardTalger

Post by GerhardTalger »

1. Sauber - What are they doing this year, trailing behind Marussia and Caterham in the WCC, binning it over and over. Gutierrez deserved points but binned it. Sutil binned it. Where is Giedo van der God?
2. Lewis Hamilton - Stop whining please.

HM: Chilton, for ruining Raikkonens podium chance - but eventually that meant Bianchi scored points, so it somewhat justified that :D
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

So much options... Probable large post incoming, but probably won't happen. :lol:

Let's start then:

Hamilton/Vettel Whining
So much whining by both... Hamilton comment on how he only cared about the gap to Rosberg and didn't care about Ricciardo was just stupid. And he didn't even say a word to Nico in the podium. I might have failed it, but not even a shake of hands. Not good news for Mercedes...
Vettel whining was to a much lesser extent, but it still happened, and when he enter the pitlane to try and fix the car he said something to the team to basically hurry up. Not looking good for him...

Stewards
Handing out the 5 seconds penalty to Bianchi and Chilton for parking badly on the grid, while Nico, according to Brundle, was a bit ahead of the parking spot as well, is ludacris. Ridicolous... I could talk about the 2nd penalty to Jules, but I'm not sure about the rules, but still, bad as hell.

Max Chilton
Yes, "Talent" is nominated. Crashed against Raikkonen, ruining the Iceman's race (though it helped Bianchi's race, so good thing) and finishing 3 laps down on Rosberg. On the plus side, 25 finishes straight and counting.

Esteban Gutierrez/Sauber
Throwing away points like that Esteban? You should not do that. And failing again to get out of Q1, and things are not looking good for them. Add to that, they now have falled behind both Catheram and Marussia in the WCC.

Toro Rosso
Double DNF, ruining Vergne's race with an unsafe release. What more can you say about the "Italian Red Bull"?

TV Director
For the first part of the race, I think he must have forgotten that there's more cars than the Mercedes on track. Then, he didn't show anything about Marussia's celebration.
Last edited by Miguel98 on 25 May 2014, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Has to be Sauber. They're gonna end up behind Marussia in the contructors if this keeps going. Gutierrez was the first man to clip the barriers in Rascasse since like 1998.

btw, I'm not a fan of giving ROTR for whinging. We all know deep down inside all the modern drivers are drama queens. Bring back the manual gearbox and gravel traps to F1 and see what happens :lol:
Last edited by Vassago on 25 May 2014, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
95 GP / 63 DNF / 5 pts
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Now that the result looks to have been confirmed on Forix, who are usually as reliable as a Life is not (if you see what I mean), I'll give my official ROTR award to:

Esteban Gutiérrez. YOU BLOODY IDIOT! Never mind the Champagne Glass Fiend, that was what might turn out to be Sauber's only shot at points all season, and you went and spooned the car into the wall with an unforced error. Well done on dropping behind Marussia in the standings!

A very dishonourable mention goes to whoever it was who made the call to Jules Bianchi to serve the 5-second penalty during the saftey car period, not just for giving us all palpitations but for the very real possibility (and given F1 politics, a possibility that hasn't gone away yet) that Marussia's first points might have been converted into Caterham's first points, and if there's anything that team viscerally did not want, it was that situation. However, for now, it looks like they've got away - not quite scot-free, but without the tremendous amount of damage that could have done.

And also, a mention to the team formerly known as Toleman, Benetton and Renault, sponsored by El Presidente''s millions - not just because Maldolan never started the race, through no fault of his own this time, but because Rrrrrmmmmnnn Grrrrjjjjjnnn found Marcus Ericsson, of all people, too tough a proposition to pass early in the race. Later he had the same trouble with Kamui, but that's not so much of a shock because we all know how feisty he can be. Admittedly they've scored points and even had those points doubled due to Marussia's error, but those early struggles really stood out for me, especially when we all thought the car was improving.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

East Londoner wrote:Sauber - This was their best opportunity for points, and what do they do? Sutil bins it after making several banzai passes, and Gutierrez throws away 9th with a few laps to go. They're 11th in the WCC.

It should go to Sauber, but since Gutierrez has a 12th place from Australia, I think you'll find they're 10th, not 11th in the WCC.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Gutierrez and Toro Rosso.
Esteban wasted his chance to redeem himself and Sauber and Toro Rosso boiled over :P
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

ROTR a Joint Nomintation to What ever got into Hamilton's eye and Hamilton himself for being a moaning old BLEEP!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Sauber, no question a horrible weekend all around.

Honorable mention to Renault engines. 3 DNFs.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Tough one this weekend because it was a reject heavy race
Lewis Hamilton Grow up and get over it. Stop whinging and act like a grown up
Williams The Massa pit stop situation. Awful idea.
Kobayashi wasted the opportunity to get their firsts points
Chilton Oh well done. But it gave his team-mate some points so every cloud
Renault Pretty poor weekend
Vettel Seems like a long time ago but just kept moaning and having a go at the team!

But it has to go to
Sauber What a joke. 10th in the WCC. Boring drivers. When Bianchi was 11th I just knew Gutierrez would mess it up in 8th. Slow boring and must get ROTR this weekend.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

There are a lot of options:

Kobayashi: Blew away the chance of scoring points for Caterham.
Chilton: Why in the hell you didn't unlap yourself!?
Toro Rosso: Double retirement after Q3. Lotus is now only 2 points behind.
Raikkonen's Luck: Lose a guarantee podium.
TV Director: For showing too much Mercedes in the first half of the race. Also, they missed Marussia celebration.
Brazilian TV Coverage: Cut the original transmission for showing Vettel's interview and five onboards laps with Hamilton. C'mon, Mercedes had a lot time in the screen already. :evil:

But my ROTR goes for:

Sauber: Not only because the team is now behind Marussia in the WCC. Q1 elimination and both drivers crashed in the race. All of these things are bad enough for a ROTR.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

dinizintheoven wrote:A very dishonourable mention goes to whoever it was who made the call to Jules Bianchi to serve the 5-second penalty during the saftey car period, not just for giving us all palpitations but for the very real possibility (and given F1 politics, a possibility that hasn't gone away yet) that Marussia's first points might have been converted into Caterham's first points, and if there's anything that team viscerally did not want, it was that situation. However, for now, it looks like they've got away - not quite scot-free, but without the tremendous amount of damage that could have done.

Actually, I think Marussia's decision to call him in when they did, even though against the letter of the rules, will benefit them, even after the punishment is issued. If Bianchi had waited until after the Safety Car to pit and serve his penalty whilst there, he'd have dropped to the back of the grid, unless they'd made the same call with Chilton, in which case he'd have been second from the back, and been at best 12th, with Ericsson probably scoring points. If he'd pitted under the SC without taking the penalty and then served the stop and go separately after the SC, he'd probably have dropped to the back of the grid too, depending on when he did it. He certainly wouldn't have crossed the line in 8th place with the expectation to only lose one of those places. If he hadn't served it at all, he'd surely be looking at a bigger penalty than he might get for serving it 'incorrectly'.

All in all, I think what he did actually landed him with the best possible outcome. So I fully expect there to be a 'clarification' on the rules for the 5-second stop/go penalties next race.
Last edited by Enforcer on 25 May 2014, 14:40, edited 3 times in total.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Max Chilton: Runied Kimi's race and destroyed by Bianchi
Renault engines: I would have loved to have seen what Seb could have done today plus they runied a potentially great race for Toro Rosso
Jean Eric Vergne's luck: Does he have a black cat at home?
Kimi Raikkonen's luck: The one time he was doing well and it just crumbled
Lewis Hamilton: Moan this and moan that. His attitude makes me want Rosberg to win
Kamui Kobayashi: He was all over the place all day
East Londoner: And I quote your predictions mate:
East Londoner wrote:East Londoner's Predictions
2014 Fack De Bianchi Grand Prix

1. Rosberg
2. Ricciardo
3. Hamilton
4. Alonso
5. Bo77as
6. Perez
7. Maldonado
8. Grosjean
9. Button
10. Chilton :!:

Pole: Rosberg
Fastest lap: Bo77as
First retirement: Bianchi/Ericsson (Bianchi just spears Marcus into the first corner)
ROTR: Bianchi (because it was utterly pathetic :lol: )
IIDOTR: CHILTON (only 12 cars make the finish, and he beats Gutierrez and Kobayashi to the finish :mrgreen: )
DBTMOTR: Bianchi (lel)
MLP: K-Mags (a moot point, considering he was the last of the rookies to retire)
DNQ: The likelyhood of me ever buying a Killers album. (LOL NOPE :P )

Need I say more?

But it's got to be Sauber i'm afraid because the cars were actually competitive before both drivers made mistakes and they are now behind Marussia and not far clear of Caterham
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

You're risking another Predicament Predictions penalty Freezy. :P
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Sorry, but at this rate you could nominate me of all people for that. Let me just quote what I predicted then, bolding out absolutely bad nominations:

1. Hamilton (only because of pole)
2. Rosberg (edged out in Q3)
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo
5. Alonso
6. Bottas
7. Massa
8. Räikkönen
9. Grosjean
10. Maldonado

Pole: Hamilton
Fastest lap: Hamilton
First retirement: Perez
ROTR: Force India (Q2 elimination, nowhere in the race, Perez botches early in the race)
IIDOTR: PASTOR!
DBTMOTR: Perez
MLP: Kvyat
DNQ: 6-6 =

You see where I'm going at?
I have to go with Sauber. They now are dead last.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
mario

Post by mario »

AustralianStig wrote:Sauber - both cars out in Q1 yesterday and no points today, meaning they are now below Marussia in the Constructors championship after 6 races - that's a big chunk of the season to have 0 points.

Honourable mention to the 2014 engines.

To be honest, Sauber are at threat from being passed by Caterham in the WCC as well given that Ericsson's 11th place here has equalled Sauber's best finish - if Caterham pick up another 12th place finish, they'd be ahead of Sauber on countback this season.

With this race, I would not be surprised if Sutil and Gutierrez have effectively signed Sauber's bankruptcy notice - with their financial problems, Sauber literally cannot afford to finish 10th in the WCC - and so I feel that Sutil and Gutierrez deserve a joint ROTR award for that.

There are a good number of honourable mentions though:
Hamilton, who seems to have let Rosberg get to him this weekend, and with it let him take the lead in the WDC again.
Toro Rosso's reliability and recklessness in the pits for throwing away a promising position during the race.
Lotus - although Grosjean salvaged 9th, Maldonado was forced out with mechanical issues and Grosjean only really picked up 9th through the mistakes of others, because Lotus really were off the pace this weekend.
Magnussen - this might be a touch controversial, but whilst Magnussen had a solid qualifying session he failed to build on that and had a bit of a clumsy race in some ways.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

So many options, but from those...

1)Sauber From Zero to Hero and back to Zero in a matter of laps. Sutil was overtaking everyone until he BAM! it at the chicane, and Guti with points in the bag, bin it at the Rascasse. Awful.

2)Lotus Nothing worked. The Reverend didn't even start, and RoGro attempt everything, from pít early to stay a couple of laps to gain advantage, but nada...

Dishonorable mentions to starting grid penalties (rookie mistake not make by Ericsson? C'mon, Men!), whinging in general (HAM and VET, grow up!) Renault (only DannyRicky save face)

The Mark Webber's Curse Award goes to Sebastian Vettel: Being in the other end of the stick sucks, eh?
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

mario wrote:With this race, I would not be surprised if Sutil and Gutierrez have effectively signed Sauber's bankruptcy notice - with their financial problems, Sauber literally cannot afford to finish 10th in the WCC

Damn good observation, that. Either that, or Sutil and Gutierrez have just ensured Simona de Silvestro gets a drive next year.
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Wow I thought I was going to be alone in choosing Hamilton and Vettel for their utterly pathetic behaviour.

Honourable mentions - Sauber, Kimi's luck, Benedict Cumberbunch.

Can't give it to the Renault engines as they were partly responsible for getting Bianchi points.
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I wouldn't blame Seb for struggling to contain his anger. After all I'd be angry if my car suffered a problem every race too
LeytonHouse

Post by LeytonHouse »

1. Sutil and Gutierrez - The former for always looking like an accident waiting to happen and the latter throwing away valuable points.
2. Hamilton - I admire his talent, but he's such a sore loser, it's difficult to get behind him. Also he's too quick to blame the team on the radio. If it was soooo obvious to pit when Sutil crashed, he should have just drove into the pits with the radio message "I'm coming in boys, ready or not"... 8-)
"A GP2 car is faster than my Caterham" - Kamui Kobayashi (Pre-season testing 2014)
SgtPepper

Post by SgtPepper »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I wouldn't blame Seb for struggling to contain his anger. After all I'd be angry if my car suffered a problem every race too

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
F1 claim to fame - Offending Karun Chandhok 38 minutes into the Korean Grand Prix's FP1.

PSN: SgtPepperThe1st
dragonsteincole

Post by dragonsteincole »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I wouldn't blame Seb for struggling to contain his anger. After all I'd be angry if my car suffered a problem every race too

My nomination goes to Sauber unfortunately. Sutil looked motivated, binned it. Gutierrez was on course for points - binned it. Now they're behind Marussia and only ahead of Caterham by fluke.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I think I have to give it jointly to Toro Rosso and Sauber

On days like today, you really have to take maximum opportunity to score points and they blew it massively. In Toro Rosso's case by having cars that didn't last the distance, plus that awful release on Vergne's pit stop. In Sauber's case, by having idiotic drivers. Sutil was an accident waiting to happen despite some good passes, and Gutierrez's mistake was just stupid.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I must throw my inconsiderable weight behind the collective amalgamation of crash-happy mediocrity that is Estrian Sutierrez. Their mistakes cost Sauber dearly.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Has to go to the Sutil-Gutierrez embarassment. They're going to need another crazy race to get another chance at scoring any points.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
RAK

Post by RAK »

Adrian Sutil: Looked great until he pushed too hard and smashed his car to bits.
Esteban Gutierrez: Yeah, that's not going to do your team any good.
Kamui Kobayashi: Likely cost Caterham points in a race where Marussia scored.
Lewis Hamilton: Whinging like a child. Grow up.
Toro Rosso pit crew: Dangerous. Almost smashed Magnussen.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ataxia wrote:I must throw my inconsiderable weight behind the collective amalgamation of crash-happy mediocrity that is Estrian Sutierrez. Their mistakes cost Sauber dearly.

Same here. That is my nomination and possibly the best driver name ever.
EDIT: I think the award should be shared by Lewis Hamilton and Estrian Sutierez. Sutierez for what Ataxia said and Hamilton for whinging like a spoilt 4 year old having to eat vegtables.
Last edited by roblo97 on 25 May 2014, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
sw3ishida

Post by sw3ishida »

So, I originally considered giving it to Esteban Gutierrez. If he'd finished, perhaps he could have reduced the doubts about his ability just a tiny bit. However, by clipping the barrier he's just perfectly demonstrated why we doubt him.

However, I'm more inclined to give it to Lewis Hamilton. All of the pre-race theatrics only served to make things more painful to watch than they should have been, while he's been moody and miserable all weekend, which has helped nobody, except perhaps Nico Rosberg. If it's a PR thing, I think it might backfire, since Nico is just being made to look like the more sensible and reliable of the pair. That's probably just me though.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm astounded by how bad Mr Hamilton behaved so my nomination goes to him even though his driving was nowhere near as bad as this race in 2011!!

Rosberg beat you for ONE race. Get over it!!! Is that seriously a good reason not to even acknowledge him let alone speak to him???

I do feel as a Brit, I do feel the need to support the drivers from my home nation, so I actually do hope he gets RotR and he reads social media so he realises how much of a dork he's been this weekend and changes his ways, and fast!

For other possible nominations, I don't see why Sauber should get it for this particular race as they've been bad all season - they're more RotY worthy than RotR I have to say.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

eytl wrote:
mario wrote:With this race, I would not be surprised if Sutil and Gutierrez have effectively signed Sauber's bankruptcy notice - with their financial problems, Sauber literally cannot afford to finish 10th in the WCC

Damn good observation, that. Either that, or Sutil and Gutierrez have just ensured Simona de Silvestro gets a drive next year.

Now THAT is an alluring prospect.

I'm going to go with Renault: four engines went pop in the race alone, and this from a company which spent the last month saying they were on top of the problems, and that the Great Leap Forward was just around the corner. Turns out the leap seems to have left them over the edge of the cliff. Helmut Marko even came on the BBC to remind them that Red Bull buys half of their engine production, and All Your Base Is Belong To Us. Really poor showing.

I could go for Gutierrez's crash or Kimi's inane pass-and-park manoeuvre (which ruined his race and Magnussen's) but Monaco is the place where driver errors happen. It's life.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

There can only be one nomination:

Lewis Hamilton - What an awful performance, mainly off the track. Moaning and whigning at the team, at Rosberg, at everyone, the minute things do not go his way. Champions do not whine to the press about their supposedly worse-off upbringings. That is irrelevant. Champions do not whine at their team for not making calls; if Hamilton felt he should have come in, he should have drove in the pit lane himself! Champions do not behave like a sulking child after the race. And he compares himself to Senna? Senna had his flaws, but he knew how to conduct himself with respect day in, day out. Hamilton has shown himself to have a vile personality - he talks like a 13 year old kid who's out on the streets after school (always saying "oh, man"), and he cannot talk to the press without PR men in his ear. I don't believe for a second he came up with or meant what he's said about Rosberg - he's too immature to play mind games, those were just words from his PR people who told him it'd be a good idea to start a feud with Nico.If those were mind games, that wasn't a smart decision for Hamilton. It was a pretty awful attempt at mind games for a start, and for second, Hamilton has proved himself extremely susceptible to mind games, allowing his off-track life to affect his on track performance, such as in 2011.

He is a talented driver, yes, but if he carries on behaving like this, I do not want him in the sport. Yes, he is not the only driver to have whinged frequently of late - Vettel and Button spring to mind - but Hamilton conducts himself in an appalling manner. Remember when he protested a penalty, accusing the stewards of having it in for him because he is black? Disgusting behaviour.

Feel free to debate me on this one, just from what I've heard and seen from Hamilton over the years has constantly been lowering my respect for him.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?