Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
dr-baker

Re: Hello everyone! New members' check in desk

Post by dr-baker »

I remember when shinji was the youngest round here. And wasn't tommykl the youngest prior to Mr Metcalf turning up on this forum?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

dr-baker wrote:I remember when shinji was the youngest round here. And wasn't tommykl the youngest prior to Mr Metcalf turning up on this forum?

Shinji was never the actual youngest here iirc, Wizzie and Tristan1117 are both a fair bit younger I think. Suprisingly I don't think I ever ended up being the youngest here.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

dr-baker wrote:I remember when shinji was the youngest round here. And wasn't tommykl the youngest prior to Mr Metcalf turning up on this forum?

tommykl was never the youngest forum member. tristan1117 I believe was at one point the youngest. The Birthday thread in the EvdP forum confirms this.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Shows you how much I know, and how important age actually means to me...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

I was just the most pathetically immature <3
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
W12

Post by W12 »

I don't know where to ask this... :?

Anyway, I'd like to be part of the RWRS universe, so is there any series I could join? I already have one fictional driver... I'm becoming slightly addicted to reading the F?RWRS threads :lol:
Born on the same day as HWNSNBM!

Fan of: Ricciardo, Räikkönen and Marussia (R.I.P?).
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

W12 wrote:I don't know where to ask this... :?

Anyway, I'd like to be part of the RWRS universe, so is there any series I could join? I already have one fictional driver... I'm becoming slightly addicted to reading the F?RWRS threads :lol:

Have a read of this, and if you've got any more questions either ask, erm, here I guess...or you can drop into the IRC chat thingy we have and ask there.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
W12

Post by W12 »

Ataxia wrote:

Have a read of this, and if you've got any more questions either ask, erm, here I guess...or you can drop into the IRC chat thingy we have and ask there.
Thank you! But is there any seats available in the canon series?

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

W12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

Ask around! Go into the Classifieds thread and pitch your driver, and see if you get any interest for his services ready for 2017.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

W12 wrote:
Ataxia wrote:

I'll give a more thorough answer...

Next steps;

1. Recruiting drivers
You can do this in two ways. One, is to make your own, and enter them in a bottom tier series like AutoReject 2.0 (single seaters) or AutoReject GTi (tin-tops). The other is to recruit free agents through the Toyota Reject Racing Series. These are drivers with previous experience in canon that have been abandoned by their owners. Some are very talented, others less so. But in many cases, some experience can be better than none at all.

2. Entering a series
In terms of "canon", the entry lists can be a little limited, because of the demand versus availability. As of this moment, I can tell you that the Toyota Reject Racing Series still has space for more entrants. Elsewhere, you'd mostly be put into waiting lists.

3. Finding seats
Teams aren't obliged to run drivers they own in their own teams. Quite the opposite in fact. People hire drivers from other owners all the time. However, it can be tricky when you've got drivers with no experience. AR2.0 and AR GTi's off-seasons have been going for some time now, and that means their driver lineups for 2017 are pretty full. But if you can pick up some good free agents in TRRS, you might be able to get them drives in ACO LMC, as there are still a few seats there.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dr-baker

Re: Forum's 3rd Birthday

Post by dr-baker »

Would it be better if we had a thread in the PMMF for conversations like this? A kind of "How To" guide with a FAQ section? Because it seems there is a need for it!
MCard LOLA
MorbidelliObese

Post by MorbidelliObese »

Stupid (newbie) question!

In the predictions threads, what do "DBTMOTR" "MLP" stand for? ROTR is obvious and IIDOTR I've figured out from lurking in the forums but can't for the life of me work out the other two, bet they're really obvious as well but I'm crap at acronyms!
Darling fascist bully boy, give me some more money you bastard. May the seed of your loin be fruitful in the belly of your woman.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

MorbidelliObese wrote:Stupid (newbie) question!

In the predictions threads, what do "DBTMOTR" "MLP" stand for? ROTR is obvious and IIDOTR I've figured out from lurking in the forums but can't for the life of me work out the other two, bet they're really obvious as well but I'm crap at acronyms!

DBTMOTR is "Dead Beat Team Mate Of The Race"; in other words it denotes the driver who had the biggest gap in position to their team-mate.
MLP is "Minor League Premiership", which is the high-placed rookie in a race. In 2014, the eligible candidates are Magnussen, Kvyat and Ericsson.

dr-baker wrote:Would it be better if we had a thread in the PMMF for conversations like this? A kind of "How To" guide with a FAQ section? Because it seems there is a need for it!

This was a few days ago, but believe it or not there IS one! Nuppiz drew it up some time ago, although it's not immediately clear to see. It might be more helpful if ASMF and 18MD-specific ones were stickied in each sub-forum, but that's just my two cents...
Rob Dylan

Post by Rob Dylan »

Ello. Been visiting this site for like 2 years for the reviews and podcasts and in all that time I never actually visited the forum. Well the bad times are gone because I'm here :')
Murray Walker at the 1997 Austrian Grand Prix wrote:The other [Stewart] driver, who nobody's been paying attention to, because he's disappointing, is Jan Magnussen.
Felipe Nasr - the least forgettable F1 driver!
W12

Post by W12 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Ello. Been visiting this site for like 2 years for the reviews and podcasts and in all that time I never actually visited the forum. Well the bad times are gone because I'm here :')
Welcome!

fkzzb

Post by fkzzb »

Hello everyone! I joined this forum, glad to see two dominant Mercedes rather than a RedBull :) What a great season so far!
Have a nice day!
W12

Post by W12 »

fkzzb wrote:Hello everyone! I joined this forum, glad to see two dominant Mercedes rather than a RedBull :) What a great season so far!
Welcome :)

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Rob Dylan wrote:Ello.

http://youtu.be/-isrjFPkH00
-*:-
KidRoberts

Post by KidRoberts »

Hey, all. I love researching non-championship events and rejects! I'm a fan of all forms of motorsport, but my favorite (current) Formula 1 drivers are Alonso, Bottas, and Bianchi.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

KidRoberts wrote:Hey, all. I love researching non-championship events and rejects! I'm a fan of all forms of motorsport, but my favorite (current) Formula 1 drivers are Alonso, Bottas, and Bianchi.

Welcome!
MCard LOLA
Zergon

Post by Zergon »

Hi everyone.

Technically I´m a bit late on this one since I already posted elsewhere but better late than never right?

Anyway, I´m 30 years old guy from Finland and have been watching Formula 1 for quite a long time. I try to keep myself objective about drivers and teams but I do usually have one favorite that I always want to see doing well. The current favorite is Jenson Button and before him it was Giancarlo Fisichella and no, I can´t really give a good reasoning why them and not someone else (like a Finn) but that just how it has been.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Zergon wrote:Hi everyone.

Technically I´m a bit late on this one since I already posted elsewhere but better late than never right?

Anyway, I´m 30 years old guy from Finland and have been watching Formula 1 for quite a long time. I try to keep myself objective about drivers and teams but I do usually have one favorite that I always want to see doing well. The current favorite is Jenson Button and before him it was Giancarlo Fisichella and no, I can´t really give a good reasoning why them and not someone else (like a Finn) but that just how it has been.

Nope, your favourite driver is now Max Chilton. Either that or you leave the forum!

Just kidding, welcome ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:Nope, your favourite driver is now Max Chilton. Either that or you leave the forum!

Second only to HWNSNBM, of course! ;) 8-)
MCard LOLA
Bobby Doorknobs

Post by Bobby Doorknobs »

The contents of this post were removed by the author.
#FreeGonzo
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

You're in my good books, Simtek are my favourite team!
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
W12

Post by W12 »

Welcome to the forum! I also have a soft spot for Simtek, as I loved a picture of their car that was in a book I got for my 4th birthday :D

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Welcome to the forum. I have a soft spot for the Simtek S195.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Seems like most people have a soft spot for Simtek! But there are also a few Williams fans on here too. Welcome Simtek!
MCard LOLA
Laurinaaa

Post by Laurinaaa »

Hi All,

I'm a newbie so just thought i'd say 'hello'! :)

My name is Laura, i'm 25 and from the UK. Been listening to the podcast for about a year now and just never got around to signing up to the forum until now.

Big Fernando Alonso fan, had a soft spot for Jarno Trulli too back in the day as the first race I ever watched was the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix :mrgreen:

Going to Monza next month for the first time if anyone has any tips?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks,
Laura
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

A girl... now i'm just waiting until all the single boys are going to try to be the first to introduce themselves to you :D (but welcome anyway, as we are of course also an actual forum)
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

This wrote:A girl... now i'm just waiting until all the single boys are going to try to be the first to introduce themselves to you :D (but welcome anyway, as we are of course also an actual forum)

I swear to god, I will passive-agressively insult anyone who does on the chat. This is not a mere threat. People can confirm I do such things.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Laurinaaa wrote:Hi All,

My name is Laura, i'm 25 and from the UK. Been listening to the podcast for about a year now and just never got around to signing up to the forum until now.

Big Fernando Alonso fan, had a soft spot for Jarno Trulli too back in the day as the first race I ever watched was the 2004 Monaco Grand Prix :mrgreen:

Thanks,
Laura

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy this madhouse :P
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Welcome aboard! I'm sure you'll enjoy this place, but I have one single tip for you.

The McCarthy forum is...how should I put it?...a bit weird, so go in there at your own risk :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Welcome to the forums. I'm the resident dunce of this place, with the idiotic things I can come out with from time to time. :P
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Laurinaaa wrote:Hi All,

Thanks,
Laura

Laura? That's my favourite name in the world. Welcome to the madhouse

East Londoner wrote:Welcome to the forums. I'm the resident dunce of this place, with the idiotic things I can come out with from time to time. :P

Yeah your the master jinxer of this place too considering the amount of predictions you get wrong
Laurinaaa

Post by Laurinaaa »

Haha, yes a GIRL that likes F1!

Love this place already, i'm a bit mad myself so will fit in well.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Hello Laura.

Welcome.

I'm sure you'll bring a bit of class to this den of iniquity. If you have any questions my (internet) door is always open.

Ciao.
Just For One Day...
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

This wrote:A girl... now i'm just waiting until all the single boys are going to try to be the first to introduce themselves to you :D

So that's what, 95% of the forum waiting to introduce themselves? :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
This wrote:A girl... now i'm just waiting until all the single boys are going to try to be the first to introduce themselves to you :D

So that's what, 95% of the forum waiting to introduce themselves? :P

I'll reduce that to 'single heterosexual male persons that have no life'. Oh right, that's still 95% of the forum...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Laurinaaa wrote:Going to Monza next month for the first time if anyone has any tips?

I went to the Italian GP myself back in 2011. Did a quick review here. There is more on Monza later in that thread, at the bottom of page 1 and top of page 2. Do you have any particular questions before you go? Do you have any grandstand tickets? Booked up independently or via an agency?
MCard LOLA