2017 Formula Female World Championship - Cancelled

Archive for the three above subforums
Shadaza

Re: 2017 Formula Female WCS - Series cancelled

Post by Shadaza »

You bring up some fair points.

People generally rush to sign up to things before they even consider if it is good or not, a part of that is because there are usually only a limited amount of space available and people don't want to miss out if it turns out to be good or not (something hard to consider on the sign up).

In general I think more should be done to prevent series from opening up with no prior planning or detail.
There are a number of tactics you can try to get more participation, some worse than others, as a series owner I like to try and include things to do in the thread that make an impact but don't burry the user with too many choices at once, but also have it so users can compete even if they are not on the forums everyday. If you want people to react and talk about series beyond game mechanics, than forums are not really the place for it, this is why I prefer to spend my time on the mibbit chat (but that is an issue that raises a lot of debate so I will drop it)

But don't get me wrong, I don't sign up for many series (indeed I am pretty much out of canon altogether) but it is clear that you put far more time and effort into series than the average joe and you shouldn't let other series take that away from you.
You should only do something if you think it is right and you are passionate about it, so if you want to take a break from F1R, don't worry about it.
Message me on Discord.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I think it's fair to say 2016 has been difficult for the canon. One series never took off due to technical difficulties (RRT), one series (Porsche Reject Cup) was pretty much stillborn as the organiser went AWOL after one race, one series (RRC) was cancelled after just four races as the organiser lost interest and one series (F1RICS) changed ownership as Ferrarist felt he needed some time off from the forum. So I guess it's understandable if some people are a bit hesitant about another series. But, Turbogirl has history as a very effective series organiser so I don't believe there would be any problems in the 2017 season.

It is well known that some people are very eager to sign up for every new series that pops up on the forum, but are either very inactive or very incompetent as team managers. This generates frustration among those who would like to be more active and know what they are doing, but can't because all of the spots have already been taken. As for how this could be restricted, I have no idea although series' organisers can always reserve the right to boot people that they no longer want to see in their series without any restrictions.

I've also considered restricting how series could be started - the recent calamity involving more or less poorly organised F1 series in the non-canon section have sparked some debate in the chatroom. However, I also don't know how it should be done as you never know the skills of a member immediatedly when they make their first post. Maybe a mandatory post in the Planning Thread and some acceptance towards any series proposal before they are started? Regardless of what is done, something must change soon.

BTW, I also like Judas Priest and Turbo Lover ;)
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

I'm running two series myself, and I can understand your disappointment if people join the series and don't really pay attention to it. However, my impression is that most people only join the series they like, or if they don't like it, they leave it after a short time. Sometimes people join a series to get an entry before there is a long waiting list. I've had team owners in my series as well who turned out not to be very interested, but those were always in the minority, and I think this is the case in your series as well.

I can't speak for other forum members, but I'm only joining a series if I know I have the time and the interest in the series. But earlier, it often happened to me that I saw a new series, and entered because it was an interesting idea, but it later turned out I was losing interest in it quite quickly. This can happen, but I'm sure most people who signed up for this series either entered because they liked the idea for this series, or because they liked the way you were running your GT Championships. If people don't like a series it all, it doesn't get many entries.

But I also understand that how easy it is to lose motivation to run a series. Running one requires a lot of effort, and if the people who joined don't care or don't like the series, there's little point continuing to run it. At one point, halfway through the 1978 season, I was close to cancelling my alternate F1 series. I thought that people were losing interest, and that my series couldn't compete with other series which were run using racing simulations and could have liveries, and highlights videos, F1RWRS even had live broadcasts. But when I announced I wanted to cancel it, it turned out that people liked my series and wanted it to continue.

I didn't join Formula Female because I am already involved in many series, and only wanted to join a series if I can pay enough attention to it, but I really like your non-canon GT championship and would like to see it continue, if you have the motivation.

About the possibility of someone having multiple accounts: While it is indeed easy to create multiple accounts, it is hard to hide it from the rest of the forum members. The only multiple accounts I can think of were two forum members whose previous accounts had been banned, and one account created just for an aprils fools joke.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Thanks, all of you. :)

But you might have missed my point (or maybe I didn't make it all too clear, because pointing fingers, you know).

I was made aware, that some forumites have signed up for Formula Female, even though they don't like the series in general. They just signed up, because they always do. That's what discouraged me in the first place. If you don't like it, stay away from it. Let it die from low participation on behalf of other members or something, but this just feels wrong.

Basically: "I hate your series, because I think it adds nothing to the canon, but I sign up anyway, because that's what I always do."

Others even feared, this series could create gender issues within the canon or simply steal away promising female drivers from other series, although my primary goal was to give the ladies in my series even more experience, so they might be even more useful to team owners and not just some cash-cows with boobs.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Turbogirl wrote:The first argument was that there are already enough female racing drivers in RWRS, some of them very successful, supposedly more successful in comparison to the real life situation. That is simply not true. Sure, you have fictional Pippa Mann, but what comes after that? Not much, actually. There is no other woman who has ever won another series, just some race wins.

That's not true, Shinobu Katayama (who is one of my drivers, along with her two sisters Yuka and Kyoko) won the inaugural F1RLFS championship (which got cancelled then became the RoLFS then IFRC and is now the AR3.5 series... as a note these series have been run by three different people, showing that a good series can be carried over) and Tomo Kazama who won the F3RWRS and F2RWRS championships back to back.

What ultimately killed off all my enthusiasm for this series (and my other projects on here as well) was the revelation, that a lot of players (at least more than I expected) only sign up for a new series, because they do that for every series. Even if they don't really like the series in question. And some even discuss the possibility of a shared weekend with a new canon-series, although they don't really like the new series in question.

Yeah that happens a lot, however most of the canon serieses now have a policy that if someone isn't active in a series they get booted out. I think the other problem is that people get excited about the formation of a series and choosing teams, drivers, etc but get bored once they see they are doing averagely.

I did join your other series but if I had any comment about it, it would be you did run it a little too quick. I got distracted by work and when I look in again, you had run over half the races. Otherwise I am quite active in the series I am in. So I apologise if I abandonned it.

Just don't sign up and let the series die from too little participation, if you don't really like it. Right now I have 13 or 14 entries for Formula Female, and I'm honestly not sure, how many are in it because they really like the idea. Heck, I'm not even sure anymore, with how many people I'm dealing here, after someone made me aware of how easy it seems to be to create multiple accounts in this forum.

There are regulars in here that are in a number of serieses and you can view peoples profiles and see when they have joined and how many posts they have, it is easy to see who is likely to stick around and who will be likely to actively be in a series.

If you are not sure if they are going to be active, kick them out. It's your series. Going on PIs point above, maybe we should have a feedback system where series organisers can rate players on how active they were. That at a glance should sort the chaff from the wheat but there is also no rule that says the series has to be full, the people that are there I gaurantee will enjoy your series. The first series of F1RWRS wasn't full, hell at one point I actively controlled three teams, feel free to run it with a few teams, we do keep an eye on series and a well run series will get active support. For example Pi3141s Virtual F1 series which has a waiting list now, despite it being completely non canon.

I need some time to reconsider. It's possible, you won't see me around here for a while. In case, someone should wonder what ever happened to me.

Well I do suggest you come to the chatroom, a lot of the people there are active members in the PMMF series and all the organisers of the RWRS and AR series are in there, so feel free to chat and talk about running a PMMF series.

As Shadaza said you do seem to put a lot of effort into your series, so do keep at it and don't get discouraged so easily.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

SuperAguri wrote:Well I do suggest you come to the chatroom, a lot of the people there are active members in the PMMF series and all the organisers of the RWRS and AR series are in there, so feel free to chat and talk about running a PMMF series.

Where do you think I was made aware of this in the first place? ;)

EDIT: Please look at my statement above yours. That's my real issue with all of this.

I'm not complaining about too little interest in Formula Female. On the contrary. 13 or 14 people signed up for the inaugural season. That's more than I had hoped for. Some simply signed up for the "wrong reasons" and I'm not sure how many of them there are.

Also, sorry I forgot about your drivers entirely. I had just begun to dig into the RWRS canon in order to run my series as good and as faithful as possible, but I mainly focussed on the drivers entered in Formula Female, so I wouldn't get confused. Sorry.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Turbogirl wrote:I'm not complaining about too little interest in Formula Female. On the contrary. 13 or 14 people signed up for the inaugural season. That's more than I had hoped for. Some simply signed up for the "wrong reasons" and I'm not sure how many of them there are.

Sadly, it happens in a lot of canon and non-canon series. Hopefully, there are always more people signing up in a series because they are interested in what it has to offer. People signing up "just-because-it's-a-new-series-and-they-want-to-have-a-team-everywhere" exist, that's a sure fact but they only represent a minority and aren't that hard to spot after some time.
It would be a bit sad to see this series die already when it looked really promising for most of the PMMF community. In my opinion, it was/is a series that would have been run competently, and a more than decent series after it's first season.

TLDR : Better think about the positive sign-ups. And yeah, my english can be shite.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Well, I enjoyed this series while it lasted. Thank you for the effort you put into it, Turbogirl.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SuperAguri wrote:
Turbogirl wrote:The first argument was that there are already enough female racing drivers in RWRS, some of them very successful, supposedly more successful in comparison to the real life situation. That is simply not true. Sure, you have fictional Pippa Mann, but what comes after that? Not much, actually. There is no other woman who has ever won another series, just some race wins.

That's not true, Shinobu Katayama (who is one of my drivers, along with her two sisters Yuka and Kyoko) won the inaugural F1RLFS championship (which got cancelled then became the RoLFS then IFRC and is now the AR3.5 series... as a note these series have been run by three different people, showing that a good series can be carried over) and Tomo Kazama who won the F3RWRS and F2RWRS championships back to back.

As well as Anu Vosu and Aimee Gauthier, who finished 1-2 in F1RDS in 2016, and Natalie Ryder and Ashley Cassidy, the former having led F1RICS from her first race until the season finale, and the latter a former Indy 500 champ.

Regardless, I certainly think having a series to help further promote female talent couldn't hurt. And I was looking forward to seeing how this series was going to pan out. But of course, it's your decision in the end - but if you are worried about people signing up just because they can, there are measures that can be taken to prevent that from happening too much.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Oh, bugger...not entirely sure what to do with CAT now. Perhaps a seat in the Lupo Cup beckons...I dunno.

It's a shame that the worry of "people signing up for things because they can" is the reason, but I guess it's always preferable to have people committed to the series. It was always going to be your call to make.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

After Baker's Law, it turns out that it was my female driver that Turbogirl remembered. Baker's Law in reverse?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Ataxia wrote:Oh, bugger...not entirely sure what to do with CAT now. Perhaps a seat in the Lupo Cup beckons...I dunno.

It's a shame that the worry of "people signing up for things because they can" is the reason, but I guess it's always preferable to have people committed to the series. It was always going to be your call to make.

Sorry, but it isn't. You need to read more carefully. People have signed up for Formula Female and told me in the chat afterwards, that they don't really like the series, because it adds nothing to the canon itself, would only cause some gender trouble and steals drivers from other series or some BS like that, advising me to better cancel it altogether. If that's the tone around here, I see no reason in swimming against the stream.

And that's what made me think. How many people really signed up for all of my series, because they liked them in the first place? What can I believe and what not?

It's vastly different from the RPG group I manage to run bi-monthly. We meet in person and some players have to drive quite a way to get to one another. You wouldn't do that, if you don't like the game. The internet is different, and I'm totally aware of that. But given the fact so many people on here claim to have a life outside of f1rejects, I'm still surprised things like this can happen, when people don't have much time to spend. Why spend it on something you don't like and give other people false hopes or impressions?

I'd be very thankful, if somebody was actually able to explain this to me.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Turbogirl wrote:I'd be very thankful, if somebody was actually able to explain this to me.

I wish I could explain it, but I can't. I only commit to what I think I have the time for and if I believe I have an interest in it.
MCard LOLA
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Turbogirl wrote:Sorry, but it isn't. You need to read more carefully. People have signed up for Formula Female and told me in the chat afterwards, that they don't really like the series, because it adds nothing to the canon itself, would only cause some gender trouble and steals drivers from other series or some BS like that, advising me to better cancel it altogether. If that's the tone around here, I see no reason in swimming against the stream.

And that's what made me think. How many people really signed up for all of my series, because they liked them in the first place? What can I believe and what not?

It's vastly different from the RPG group I manage to run bi-monthly. We meet in person and some players have to drive quite a way to get to one another. You wouldn't do that, if you don't like the game. The internet is different, and I'm totally aware of that. But given the fact so many people on here claim to have a life outside of f1rejects, I'm still surprised things like this can happen, when people don't have much time to spend. Why spend it on something you don't like and give other people false hopes or impressions?

I'd be very thankful, if somebody was actually able to explain this to me.

Well, it appears to me like you've gotten the wrong end of the stick somewhere along the line. I'll try to be as clear as possible here to avoid any miscommunication.

Turbogirl wrote:People have signed up for Formula Female and told me in the chat afterwards, that they don't really like the series, because it adds nothing to the canon itself, would only cause some gender trouble and steals drivers from other series or some BS like that, advising me to better cancel it altogether.

First of all, no one said they didn't like the series. A series run by yourself would be an excellent addition to the canon based on the quality of your non-canon series. What was said, however, is that *perhaps* in this alternate universe, there isn't so much of a need for a women only series (because of the high level of success women have had in unisex series elsewhere in the canon). Basically, the canon differs from real life in many ways, and equality in motorsport is one of them.

I think, on the whole, people were trying to advise and see if you understood how things are in this canon. No one wanted the series to be cancelled, as the mibbit reaction to the news proved. Thinking about it further, as Salamander said, having a series promoting women would not hurt at all.

There was a bit of doubt, yes, but many series have had initial doubts and gone on to prove essential to the canon. The concept of feeder series was doubted, but is essential. When F2 and F3RWRS started, the idea of a fourth tier series was proposed, but shot down in flames. But now, AR 2.0 fulfills the role of 4th tier series, and is an essential part of the canon. The canon itself was doubted, people said, 'why do we need it, what is wrong with the way things are?' But in time, the benefits were proven. I am sure Formula Female would have proved that it was necessary and that it was needed if it had been given the chance

Turbogirl wrote:And that's what made me think. How many people really signed up for all of my series, because they liked them in the first place? What can I believe and what not?

Well, the only way you'd really know that is if you asked everybody. It is easy to see once a series gets off the ground, as the people who are interested in it and enjoy it post reactions in the thread from their drivers, newspaper articles, etc. In this way, the guys who are just 'freeloading' reveal themselves.

And again, this has nothing to do with the quality of your series. It's to do with people, as you said yourself, not being in it for the right reasons. Of course, as series organiser, what you say goes , so please, feel free to kick out people you feel are spoiling the game for yourself and others. It happens to all series, even the best of them.

Turbogirl wrote:But given the fact so many people on here claim to have a life outside of f1rejects, I'm still surprised things like this can happen, when people don't have much time to spend. Why spend it on something you don't like and give other people false hopes or impressions?

To add further to that, even the freeloaders don't sign up for a series they don't like. No one claimed to dislike your series, in fact, the reaction I've gauged is that it was universally appraised. Apologies if you were given false impressions.

All in all, I think what's happened is a huge misunderstanding. No one dislikes your series. The thing is, due to the level of involvement in the canon, and the amount of series we now have, new series get scrutinised in detail to make sure that, like you said, people will enjoy them, and that there is a need for them. In short, people liked the idea of the series, just were expressing what they *percieved* to be minor issues with the series. It was always meant to be a debate, not an expression of dislike or hatred. The community isn't like that.

In short: No one hated your series, the issue of freeloaders is inevitable on these forums at the moments and happens to everyone, and what you perceived to be people telling you to cancel your series was in fact just some advice, which may have caused offence, for which I can only apologise.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Turbogirl wrote:
Ataxia wrote:Oh, bugger...not entirely sure what to do with CAT now. Perhaps a seat in the Lupo Cup beckons...I dunno.

Sorry, but it isn't. You need to read more carefully. People have signed up for Formula Female and told me in the chat afterwards, that they don't really like the series, because it adds nothing to the canon itself, would only cause some gender trouble and steals drivers from other series or some BS like that, advising me to better cancel it altogether.

Having just read the chatlog myself, I think perhaps you're misinterpreting what was said - nobody told you that you should close the series, only that it would not aid women drivers in advancing through the ranks as much as you were hoping. Frankly, I don't see the validity of this argument at all. Of the 30 drivers signed to the series, 20 of them are new to the ASMF. Of the 10 who aren't, I'd say really only 2 of them (Valenti and Winter) have been taken away from series where they could've stayed and competed without any difficulty.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

If people didn't want the series, they wouldn't have signed up for it. I personally think that it had a ton of potential.

If YOU want to run the series, please do! I think it's a great addition for the canon; it adds something different and having seen your other series from a distance there's no issue of dodgy management either. However, if you don't feel that you want to any longer then I totally get that.

At the end of the day, the decision's up to you and you only. I think there was space for it, and the interest was there. Just my two cents, I guess.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

I would like to add one point about activity: in some series i never post reactions, despite me being involded. That is because i feel i have nothing to say, and is more a case of lack of confidence rather than lack of interest. I even don't post a lot in the F1RWRS, despite my driver winning 4 races. That is not because of a lack of interest, as i read those topics nearly everyday. It's because i feel i'm bad at roleplay, and i feel i don't have much of added value in trying to do what i'm not good at. However, every real racing series has also lots teams and drivers that don't say that much. I feel that this is not the actual problem. If a team manager would think my drivers weren't interesting enough, he shouldn't sign them in the first place, right?
My point is, activity is hard to judge, because you can measure how often someone posts in a thread, but you can't measure how much someone reads a thread (well, the admins might be able to, altough i'm not even sure about that) and you should not feel bad because it looks people aren't interested. I think the only real measurement is if your topic gets a lot of views or not, but even that's hard to compare.
I actually had a feeling this series has got a good perception, because people have confidence in you being able to run a series properly.
However, it's and unwritten rule that every series in here automatically becomes interesting if it survives 3 seasons, so people who run series for a while automatically get a lot of respect. All series will have to start like this, and we know that a lot of series will dissapear quickly. I do understand lot of managers feel like they don't get much reward for their effort. And basically, this is kind of true. However, all your series will go down in the history of about 30 people (i didn't bother to actually count them) who can be considered as regulars, and had much joy from being part of this universe. You all need to remember that the PMMF universe is, despite all of it flaws, something very unique. Very few alternate non-commercial universes feature such originality, complexety or duration. One of the unique things is that you actually get to know some parts about some peoples personality by the way he/she runs his teams and drivers. It might all be fictional, but after a while, patterns appear, and this is very interesting from a psychological perspective.
Not everything in fictional characters is as random as it looks. And wow, did i get off-topic? :?

Oh and edit: i fully support the idea of promoting female drivers, and i'm planning to go one step further, and have a few driver who don't fit the binary gender system in other series. This will not happen for the joke of it. (altough i had a joking toe-in-the-water, which didn't cause too much of trouble) I actually do have a lot more background more on that subject than many of you would suspect.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Turbogirl

Re: 2017 Formula Female WCS - Series back up and running!

Post by Turbogirl »

After a long night of thought, which wasn't as poetic as it sounds, I have considered all my options including leaving this site for good (yes, that seemed like a reasonable option for at least a second).

But after scrolling through everything we've been together so far, I noticed, that I have way too much fun being around here. This means, Formula Female is back up and running, even if it should ultimately lead us nowhere. ;)

And to all of those, who might have entered this series and plan on never posting again: All I can tell you is, that you're going to miss a very very fun ride! :D

Everyone, who is still willing to come along, welcome aboard!
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

Nice to see you back Turbogirl, i was really shocked after this whole thing...
IMO this is the right decision in the end and i think Formula Female can give us fun, entertainment and a very good platform for female drivers to show their potential. :D
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

I am glad that you have decided to stay on the forums and continue this series, Turbogirl. All you other series so far have been great so I can't wait for this one to start! :)
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Hermann95 wrote:Nice to see you back Turbogirl, i was really shocked after this whole thing...
IMO this is the right decision in the end and i think Formula Female can give us fun, entertainment and a very good platform for female drivers to show their potential. :D

V8fan12 wrote:I am glad that you have decided to stay on the forums and continue this series, Turbogirl. All you other series so far have been great so I can't wait for this one to start! :)

Thanks both of you. It wasn't my intention to shock anybody, but judging from all the reactions I've seen so far, I obviously have. And I like to apologize for that. As This has pointed out:

This wrote:It might all be fictional, but after a while, patterns appear, and this is very interesting from a psychological perspective.

That also goes for the people hosting a series, like me. If you did, you wouldn't be the first person to tell me, I'm a very specific character and that it's not always easy dealing with me and my (obvious) emotional outbreaks.

But in the end, I hope we can still have a good time together on this forum. :)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Turbogirl wrote:
This wrote:It might all be fictional, but after a while, patterns appear, and this is very interesting from a psychological perspective.

That also goes for the people hosting a series, like me. If you did, you wouldn't be the first person to tell me, I'm a very specific character and that it's not always easy dealing with me and my (obvious) emotional outbreaks.
But in the end, I hope we can still have a good time together on this forum. :)

And very specific characters are what makes interaction with other people so interesting. You're defenitely not the only one on here who can be emotional at times. (sometimes, but you have to watch very carefully, even mario has emotions :P ) Yesterday you probably felt not only dissapointed, but also insecure. People might always ask questions, but that doesn't mean the answer is automatically no. If the answer was clear, they wouldn't need to question it!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
mike robers

Post by mike robers »

Rest assured, I'm not one of those people who enter a series and don't like it! :D Good to know that this series is gonna happen!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Yay!!! :D
MCard LOLA
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Thank you Turbogirl. Both of your series in the non-canon universe are fantastic, and I have a feeling that this one wont be run haphazardly and have a use in the canon for inspiring women drivers to get to the higher levels of motorsport.

Meanwhile, I'm still gunning for a driver with experience, even with little experience. It's better than none, isn't it?

However, I'll confirm 2 drivers with no experience, or little, if you count their runnings before the canon series came into play.

Driver #2: Sarah Bellamy (X / MOD)
Test / Reserve driver: Chloé Henri

We'd also like to use car numbers 41 and 42, as we are doing are own livery.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

go_Rubens wrote:We'd also like to use car numbers 41 and 42, as we are doing are own livery.

Sure, be my guest. :)

Also, if Ataxia, Biscione, Hermann95 or Pointrox should also want a certain pair of car numbers that hasn't been assigned yet, just tell me. Consecutive numbers only, please, because I'm not really a fan of the current F1 car numbers system, tbh.

@Biscione: Are you doing your own livery too or do you want me to make a livery for you? There are still a few liveries available from the ones I made in advance to test my skills, just in case you might be interested. ;)
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

If possible i would like to get the numbers 94 and 95 please.
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Hermann95 wrote:If possible i would like to get the numbers 94 and 95 please.

Done! ;)

If you like, you can add them to your livery, but that's not mandatory.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'd have liked 19 and 20, but since I've not got that choice I'll take 9 and 10 please.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Seeing as Peak Motorsport nicked our traditional #27, we'll instead go with #3 and #4. At least those have some Voeckler relevancy.

As for the livery...I'd quite like to do my own, but it's in a long queue of stuff I need to make, so if you want it soon maybe make it yourself. I have some sponsors of my own makingI want on the car, I'd need to provide them.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Ataxia wrote:I'd have liked 19 and 20, but since I've not got that choice I'll take 9 and 10 please.

Sure. ;)

Biscione wrote:Seeing as Peak Motorsport nicked our traditional #27, we'll instead go with #3 and #4. At least those have some Voeckler relevancy.

As for the livery...I'd quite like to do my own, but it's in a long queue of stuff I need to make, so if you want it soon maybe make it yourself. I have some sponsors of my own makingI want on the car, I'd need to provide them.

Numbers 3 and 4 it is. And take your time with the livery. I was just curious. Since the liveries aren't necessary to start this season, you can finish yours whenever you like. :)
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Finally got around writing some background and history for my driver. (Some stuff needs to be re-written on her wiki page)

Katie Lea Winter is a 19 years old german racing driver, she started her career in her native country's junior karting series.
She then moved out to compete in the Formula Ford EuroCup where she managed to score solid results, including a win.
She then came back to Germany, competing in various series, still getting solid results but nothing really outstanding.
At the end of 2015, now aged 18, she decided that her career had to take off now or never and looked out for a RWRS seat.
Katie was in advanced talks with the resurrected team Zeroforce for a racing role in the GTR-WC series, but then the team couldn't secure an entry and lost their main sponsor.
However, she managed to get a contract with Clockwork Orange for the 2016 IFRC season, helped by one of the team's sponsors.
Unfortunately, the car's reliability was terrible and its engine was down on power.
It proved to be a difficult season for the young girl, but she made sure to seize every opportunity she was given to show her talent.
A rare trouble free qualifying session at Pau saw her recording the third quickest time. It didn't go too well in the race, she collided with someone who had spun in front of her, and inexplicably retired in the pit lane after a nose cone change. (To this day, I still have no clue on what happened)
In Finland, she had her best weekend of the season, in rainy conditions finishing fifth in her heat and scoring points again in the final feature race.
At the end of the year, her 7 points (all of Clockwork's points) didn't reflect her efforts or ability at all. Racing the most powerful single seaters in the RWRS wasn't a problem for her, despite her being inexperienced with these cars at the beginning of the season. Katie would race one more time for Clockwork, in the Nobushige Fukuda Memorial Trophy, where she finished fifth again.
Various rumors about the team's line up for 2017 made her look elsewhere for a race seat. She would make a sideways move, signing with Nebula Grand Prix in the Formula Female WCS. In the end, she is a solid, reliable racer and hungry for success with now decent experience.

Edit : Yeah, it's long, really too long. :P
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Turbogirl

Post by Turbogirl »

Rated wrote:Edit : Yeah, it's long, really too long. :P

No, it's perfect really. Since most ladies entered in this series don't have much racing experience so far (if any), I'm still struggeling with their in-game stats. And bios like these are indeed very helpful. Thanks! :)
V8fan12

Post by V8fan12 »

Alright, since Cynon has generously given Verna Klien a drive in AR3.5, this will be the new Peak Motorsport lineup:

Team Name: Peak Motorsport
Team Principal: Craig Harris
Driver 1: #26 Chelsie Knight (UK, age 19)
Driver 2: #27 Skye Summers (Canada, age 16)
Test/reserve driver: Madison Shaw (USA, age 16)

Thanks
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

The younger Katayama sister in the form of Kyoko (16 from Japan) who is currently in the FRENCH winter series is looking for a drive.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

SuperAguri wrote:The younger Katayama sister in the form of Kyoko (16 from Japan) who is currently in the FRENCH winter series is looking for a drive.

Hydook Racing Team is interested in signing Kyoko as a second driver.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

A change of plans for Voeckler GPE;

Adélaide Voeckler, having lost her Clockwork IFRC ride to richer pay-drivers, will become the team's number two driver in Car #4. Zénaide Voeckler will move to compete in AutoReject 2.0 North America, however, she will take Adélaide's place as the test and reserve driver.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Turbogirl

2017 Formula Female WCS - News

Post by Turbogirl »

The 2017 season is slowly closing in! Pointrox still needs to tell me, which car numbers he would like to have or if I should assign some randomly. I'm also currently waiting for the last races of 2016 to be finished (F1RICS, F2RWRS and F3RWRS), because it might be best to start after that (just in case) and since Ataxia is going to be absent from 4th to 14th of June, the 2017 Formula Female World Championship will start soon after the 14th. :)
Pointrox

Re: 2017 Formula Female WCS - News

Post by Pointrox »

Hydook Racing will race under numbers: 62 and 63 ;)
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2017 Formula Female WCS - News

Post by SuperAguri »

Kyoko Katayama is happy to sign a contract with Hydook RT