Not another Management series...

Archive for the three above subforums
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Not another Management series...

Post by SuperAguri »

However this one is different for a few reasons.

One is that it will be run on the 1985 game Formula One by CRL that ran on the Sinclair Spectrum.
Two is that only 6 people will be allowed to play.
Three is that it will be in realtime. I plan to run one or two rounds each evening around 9pm CET. Therefore enteries are limited to regulars in the mibbit chat room.

Whats real time? Well I give you basic informations and you can tell me to pit your driver and choose tyres.

Teams

Brabham - Blue
Ferrari - Red
Lotus - Black
Williams - Green
McLaren - Magenta
Renault - Yellow

The game has 6 teams, You get three choices and the RNG gods will tell you what you get. You can post you choices here.

Sponsorship

Code: Select all

Benetton  - Clothing
Denim     - Clothing
Nordica   - Clothing
Marlboro  - Fags
JPS       - Fags
Gitanes   - Fags

Code: Select all

Elf       - Fuel
Agip      - Fuel
Unipart   - Autoparts
ATS Wheels- Autoparts
Saudia    - Autoparts
Skol      - Food
Parmalat  - Food

You get two choices of sponsorship, although they have to be in two different catagories, so no Marlboro and JPS on the same car.

This will be decided in the room, RNG gods decide the order and once the six are picked the order is reversed. :)

Drivers
Lauda
Prost
De Angelis
Alboreto
Piquet
Arnoux

Warwick
Rosberg
Senna
Mansell
Tambay
Fabi

Patrese
Laffite
Boutsen
Cheever
De Cesaris
Brundle

Bellof
Martini
Ghinzani
Surer
Berger
Palmer

Most teams will start with 700k to 1m. You need to choose one or two drivers. Prices are in bold. Order is as sponsorship.

Car Settings

Before each race you need to repair and upgrade your car. There are 4 ratings as explained below, but see the picture below too.

Driver - How good your driver is, the more expensive the better
Power - Engine, how fast does it go.
Car - Chassis, how does it take bends
Crew - Mechanics, the higher the number the better shape the car is kept in.
Overall Efficiency - Expressed as a precentage.
Car Worthiness - If the car is in a bad shape then you cannot race. If you have no money you skip a race and record a DNS.

When you start the game Power, Car and Crew are basically zero. Power and Car must be in the blue range else you cannot race. Crew can be in the red but I would recommend getting it into the blue so you don't have to fork out again for a chassis and an engine.

You can spend between 95 and 300k on buy a new engine or chassis. 95 is bare minimum, 300 is overkill. Somewhere between 110 and 200 will give you a decent amount of power.

After each race the ratings will change depend on what accidents you have and general wear and tear. If the bars are not red then you can improve each area by spending between 10 to 250k

The line shown, red is unraceworthy for Power or Car only. Blue is okay. Green is perfect.

Once all teams have done this then it's onto the race.

Race
I will tell you the track, weather and number of laps.

I then give you more information about what the weather might be like and you choose a tyre, Soft, Medium and Hard slicks, an intermediate and rain tyres.

Once everyone has choosen it's off to qualify. I will give you grid positions and times.

During the race I will give you lap count. And rough positions. If you want I can give you gaps of the top six.

I will tell you who has crashed, retired or is pitting, I will demand you give me a tyre choice.

If you want to pit your driver then just say so and I will bring him to the pits.

Tyres -
Depending on the track

Softs will last 1/3 to 1/2 distance.
Mediums will last 1/2 to full distnace
Hards will last the entire race
Inters and Rain will last the whole race unless the track gets dry.

Race End
After the race, I shall tell you the results and the points tables.

Next Race
We then get read for the next race and I tell you what you got in prize money and sponsorship as well as your expenses. Then you upgrade or repair your car again...

Fancy it? If so enter below with your three team choices, but remember if your name isn't on the door then you are not coming in....
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Salamander

Re: Not another Management series...

Post by Salamander »

Sure, why not. I'm pretty much always in the chat anyway.

My choices for teams are:

Renault
McLaren
Lotus
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pycku

Post by pycku »

I m not regular in the chat, so I wont participate. However, this sounds interesting and I can follow it.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I'll give it a go.

Team Choices:

Brabham
Renault
McLaren
Message me on Discord.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Alright, I'd like to have either Brabham, Ferrari or Lotus.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I often see references to said chatroom, but I don't think I've ever seen it. Is it part of this site?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wallio wrote:I often see references to said chatroom, but I don't think I've ever seen it. Is it part of this site?

No. It isn't. But others seem to like it...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Normal32

Post by Normal32 »

I can't enter the chat for whatever reason as i soon i press conect it stays on the screen :|
Pasta_maldonado wrote:I think normal32 is an old English farmer re-incarnated
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Just need 3 more of you....
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

dr-baker wrote:
Wallio wrote:I often see references to said chatroom, but I don't think I've ever seen it. Is it part of this site?

Let's not beat around the bush, if you've got a problem with the chat, just come out and say it.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Let's not beat around the bush, if you've got a problem with the chat, just come out and say it.

Oh dear, I fear I may have pulled the pin on a live grenade here.....
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:

Officially, it isn't a part of the site. Apart from a single recorded visit by Jamie, the site authors have well clear of it. But it's a handy tool if you have the time to sit there and need a quick response from someone. If someone feels like they can't spend time there then fine - there are rules in place where all important stuff must be discussed on the forum as well.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I may join, but it depends if the races are held at a somewhat sensible time in Australia (I am not getting up at 3 in the morning)
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.