KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (SEASON FINALE UP!)

Archive for the three above subforums
Salamander

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management Game: 2006 Season

Post by Salamander »

KL-racer wrote:Sebastien Bourdais - McLaren 5 m #2 Driver

Champ Car Driver Bourdais, got an offer from McLaren to be a #2 driver, he wants to try F1 but he is still somewhat committed to Champ Car for 2006. So a RNG will be needed

Joins McLaren 1-55
Stays in Champ Car 56-100

The Number is . . . 94, he declines the McLaren offer to stay in the USA.

I'm sorry, I'm calling bullshite on this. ChampCar was in it's death throes by this point - why the hell would Bourdais only have a 55% chance of leaving when he gets an offer to drive for bathplugging McLaren!? He left anyway 2 years later to drive for Toro freaking Rosso!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Nice to see I've been screwed over by yet another engine RNG :| :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Salamander wrote:

Champ Car Driver Bourdais, got an offer from McLaren to be a #2 driver, he wants to try F1 but he is still somewhat committed to Champ Car for 2006. So a RNG will be needed

Joins McLaren 1-55

I'm sorry, I'm calling bullshite on this. ChampCar was in it's death throes by this point - why the hell would Bourdais only have a 55% chance of leaving when he gets an offer to drive for bathplugging McLaren!? He left anyway 2 years later to drive for Toro freaking Rosso!

Well, I guess you are right, Champ car was no longer legit anyway, and McLaren was a top-tier team at that time. I am deeply sorry to offend you on the initial RNG. I am open to re-running RNG on Bourdais if you give me a modest proposal on what the parameters should had been if you were managing this.
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

The Cosworth units probably aren't that bad. Would've prefered the BMW ones, but that's life.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

18-07-2015: Forever in our hearts Jules.
25-08-2015: Forever in our hearts Justin.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

KL-racer wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Joins McLaren 1-55

Well, I guess you are right, Champ car was no longer legit anyway, and McLaren was a top-tier team at that time. I am deeply sorry to offend you on the initial RNG. I am open to re-running RNG on Bourdais if you give me a modest proposal on what the parameters should had been if you were managing this.

Not sure I'm the best guy to ask for doing this, given that I kind of want him to join my team anyway, but I'd say at least 1-90 for joining McLaren.
Everything's great.
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

quote]

Not sure I'm the best guy to ask for doing this, given that I kind of want him to join my team anyway, but I'd say at least 1-90 for joining McLaren.[/quote]

Given that McLaren was a top tier team still, I will say 1-90 is indeed a fair representation for the RNG re-run!

And Speaking of which here's the re-run results for Bourdais while I am it!

1-90 Joins McLaren
91-100 Stays in USA

The number is . . . 24, so after a brief debate, you get your wish on signing Bourdais on your terms for $5 million for the #2 drive!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Driver Bids Part 2:

Before starting, I have decided to NOT start with the drivers that got the most bids but instead start from the top of my list!

Kimi Raikkonen - Red Bull 12m (#1) McLaren 15 m (#1) Renault 15 m (#1)

The Finnish driver was so close to winning the championship in 2005, but he has three offers to consider!

McLaren 1-40
Renault 41-80
Red Bull 81-100

Number is . . . 18, so he stays put at McLaren as the #1 driver!

David Coulthard - Red Bull 3m (#2) Honda 2.5 m (#2)

The scot has two offers to consider, one from his current team Red bull and one from Honda.

Red Bull 1-60
Honda 61-100

The number is . . . 2 so he stays put at Red Bull as the #2 driver.

Sebastian Vettel – Renault 1 m (#2) red bull 1.5m (TD) Midland 0.6m (TD) Super Aguri 0.5 M (#1)

This talented German has plenty of offers, but only has two race offers along with two test offers

Renault 1-40
Red Bull 41-70
Midland 71-90
Super Aguri 91-100

The Number is . . . 16 so he becomes Renault’s #2.

Robert Kubica – Toro Rosso 2 m (#1) Williams 1 m (#2) Prodrive 1 m (#1) red bull 1.5m (TD) Ferrari 0.75 m (TD)

The Polish Driver has 5 offers, three race offers and two test offers.

Toro Rosso 1-35
Williams 36-60
Prodrive 61-75
Red Bull 76-90
Ferrari 91-100

The Number is . . . 64 so Prodrive finally gets their first driver!

Nico Rosberg - Williams 3 m (#2)

The Current GP2 Champion, only has Williams available, so he takes the #2 seat over there.

Luca Badoer –Prodrive 0.8 m (TD) Super Aguri 0.25 m (#2) Ferrari 0.25 (TD)

The ultimate unlucky driver, got one race offer from Super Aguri and two test roles.

Prodrive 1-60
Super Aguri 61-80
Ferrari 81-100

The Number is . . . 7, so he will go join Prodrive as their tester.

Trulli - Midland $5 million (#1)

That leaves Trulli to Join Midland as their #1 driver after Ralf Schumacher accepted Toyota’s Offer.

Alexandre Premat - Toyota 1 m (#2) Carlin 0.75 m (#1) Midland 0.5m (#2)

GP2 driver, Premat has 3 race offers. Let’s see who gets him

Toyota 1-45
Carlin 46-85
Midland 86-100

The Number is . . . 48, so he gets to join Gary Paffett at Carlin.

Giorgio Mondini -Toyota 2 m PD (#2) Midland 2 m PD (TD) Williams 2 m (TD)

Toyota 1-40
Midland 41-75
Williams 76-100

The Number is . . . 57 so he partners Jarno Trulli to Midland.

Anthony Davidson - Toro Rosso 1m (#1) Toyota 1 m (#2) Honda 1 m (TD) Renault 0.8 (TD)

He has two race offers and two test offers.

Toro Rosso 1-35
Toyota 36-60
Honda 61-80
Renault 81-100

The number is . . . 79 so he stays at Honda as their Tester.

Nick Heidfeld - Honda 6 m (#2) BMW 4.5 m (#1)

Quick Nick had two offers from Honda and BMW Sauber.

Honda 1-55
Sauber 56-100

The Number is . . . 23 so he goes to Honda as their #2 driver

Takuma Sato – Super Aguri 3m (#1)

The Japanese driver takes the Super Aguri Offer

Klien –Sauber 2 m (#1/#2) Prodrive 2 m (#2)

Christien Klien had two offers from Sauber and Prodrive both of them offered race seats.

Sauber 1-70
Prodrive 71-100

The number is . . . 83, so the Prodrive driver’s lineup is complete.

Mark Webber – Williams 5 m (#1) Honda 3 m (#1)

AussieGrit has two offers from Williams and Honda both of them are offering #1 status

Williams 1-75
Honda 76-100

The number is . . . 84 so he joins Honda and their driver’s lineup is completed.

Alexander Wurz –Renault 0.75 m (TD) Midland 0.5 m (TD)

One of the Tallest F1 drivers, only had two test offers.

Renault 1-65
Midland 66-100

The Number is . . . 30, so he joins Renault as their Tester.

Adrian Sutil –Sauber 3 m PD (#2)

Luckily, Sutil will be on the Grid with BMW Sauber as a pay driver.

Fernando Alonso - Renault 15.5 m (#1)

The Defending Champion stays put at Renault.

Felipe Massa - Williams 9 m

Felipe gets to go to Williams for 2006.

Sakon Yamamoto - Super Aguri 4 m PD (#2)

After failing to get approval for a FIA Super license for Ide, Super Aguri landed Yamamoto as a pay driver.

Karthikeyan –Williams 6 m PD (TD)

The Indian driver gets the Williams Test seat.

Mark Gene –Ferrari 0.5 m (TD)

He keeps his Ferrari Test driver role.

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

WOAH, WOAH! Heidfeld was my first choice for the Midland drive! Don't just jump straight to Trulli!

And I never bid for Mondini to be my SECOND driver, I bid for him to be my reserve as a last resort! Where's Viso? Why has my bid for Premat stopped existing? What the hell is happening?
Last edited by Ataxia on 02 May 2014, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

What. The. Hell. Why do you think I had Alonso ahead of Raikkonen in my bidding order? Because I preferred having him! But when you run the Alonso RNG, you act as though I've signed Raikkonen... this is complete garbage.

I don't have the patience to put up with this, someone else can have McLaren.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I made a joke bid for Scott Speed. I didn't actually want him as my test driver. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

But... I've putted Pedro De La Rosa on top of my bidding list for Driver #1 and Sutil ahead of Klien on Driver #2.
Mario on Gutierrez after the Italian Grand Prix wrote:He's no longer just a bit of a tool, he's the entire tool set.

takagi_for_the_win

KL-Racer, when running the RNG's, you should generally run the team that won the WCC in the preceding season and work your way down from there. It takes a bit longer, but 80% of the time people end up happy and with driver line-ups similar to what they envisaged. :)
TORA! TORA! TORA!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:KL-Racer, when running the RNG's, you should generally run the team that won the WCC in the preceding season and work your way down from there. It takes a bit longer, but 80% of the time people end up happy and with driver line-ups similar to what they envisaged. :)

Okay, that seems like a fair option. So, you are saying start with the top team in 2005, which was Renault and work my way to the bottom? Therefore, should I scrap the previous two sets of Driver RNG'S and keep the engine RNG's as is. Or do you guys really want to redo the Engine RNG'S as well?

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Ataxia wrote:WOAH, WOAH! Heidfeld was my first choice for the Midland drive! Don't just jump straight to Trulli!

And I never bid for Mondini to be my SECOND driver, I bid for him to be my reserve as a last resort! Where's Viso? Why has my bid for Premat stopped existing? What the hell is happening?

Thanks to Takagi_for_the_win, I am seriously considering doing the Driver RNG'S again, but this time, with the top teams getting first priority. Which seems more logical if I really look back on it!

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

And One more thing . . . Since Salamander decided to rage quit with a legit reason, RonDenisDeletraz will be the new manager of McLaren, since he was first on the waiting list. Hopefully, no other people will rage quit while I am redoing the RNG driver bids from Best team to worst team! Don't expect me to rush through Driver's RNG this time around!

takagi_for_the_win

KL-racer wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:KL-Racer, when running the RNG's, you should generally run the team that won the WCC in the preceding season and work your way down from there. It takes a bit longer, but 80% of the time people end up happy and with driver line-ups similar to what they envisaged. :)

Okay, that seems like a fair option. So, you are saying start with the top team in 2005, which was Renault and work my way to the bottom? Therefore, should I scrap the previous two sets of Driver RNG'S and keep the engine RNG's as is. Or do you guys really want to redo the Engine RNG'S as well?

Pretty much, yep. Basically I'd start with working out Renault's lead driver, then move onto their secon driver and test driver and work your way down. To be honest I'm not sure there's any real need to redo the engine RNG's, but if it makes you feel happier go for it :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
KL-racer wrote:

Pretty much, yep. Basically I'd start with working out Renault's lead driver, then move onto their secon driver and test driver and work your way down. To be honest I'm not sure there's any real need to redo the engine RNG's, but if it makes you feel happier go for it :P

Thanks for the advice! I ultimately decided NOT to redo the engine RNG'S, because it came out reasonably fine. Just redoing the RNG's for the drivers will be my main focus right now.

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Wow! What a difference a day makes! I got the REDO Driver RNG's done, and I decided to go in order from the best team in the WCC to the two new teams last, just as takagi_for_the_win has suggested. But to make sure, everyone gets a chance at feedback this time around, I decided to divide up the REDO driver RNG's into 4 parts, because my word document was 4 pages long, obviously. So with that in mind, here's the first part of the REDO driver RNG'S

Driver Bids REDO part 1:

Fernando Alonso Renault 15.5 m First choice for First Driver, Mclaren 15 m first choice for first driver Ferrari 16 m second choice for first driver.

Renault 1-60, McLaren 61-90, Wait for Ferrari 91-100 Number is 53 . . . So Renault keeps Alonso

Robert Kubica Renault 1.25 first choice for second driver, Williams 1 mil third choice for Second Driver, McLaren 0.75 first choice for test driver. Red Bull 1.5 Fourth choice overall, Toyota 1.5 m Third choice as test driver Prodrive 1 m 2nd choice for first driver.

Renault 1-40, McLaren 41-60, Wait for Williams 61-75, Wait for McLaren Wait for Red Bull 76-85, Wait for Toyota 86-95 Wait for Prodrive 96-100. Number is . . . 99, so he’s waiting for Prodrive to respond, given that De La Rosa was Prodrive’s First choice for their #1 Driver.

Sebastian Vettel Renault 1 m second choice for second driver, Red Bull 1.5 third choice overall, Midland 0.6m first choice for test driver, super aguri 0.5m third choice for first driver.

Renault 1-45, Midland 46-75, Wait for Red Bull 76-90, wait for Super aguri 91-100 Number is . . . 35, so he signs with Renault as #2 driver.

Adrian Sutil Renault 0.75m first choice as tester, 3 m PD Williams second choice as tester, 3 m PD Sauber First choice for second driver, Prodrive 1.8 m First choice as second driver

Renault 1-40, Sauber 41-70, Prodrive 71-90, Wait for Williams 91-100. Number is . . . 17, so Sutil takes the Renault Test seat.

Kimi Raikkonen McLaren 15 m second choice as first driver, Red Bull 12 m first choice overall

McLaren 1-75 Red Bull 76-100 Number is . . . 1 so Kimi Stays at McLaren

Sebastian Bourdais 5 million McLaren First choice as second driver

Signs with McLaren 1-95 Stays in USA 96-100 Number is . . . 70, so Bourdais signs with McLaren.

Robert Kubica Part 2: McLaren is knocking on his door to sign a test driver contract with them, they preferred him over Lewis Hamilton in the bids

Signs with McLaren 1-75 Denies the offer 76-100 Number is . . . 45, so he signs with McLaren as their tester

Michael Schumacher 17 million Ferrari first choice for first driver.

Pretty easy, is it? M Schumacher takes the Ferrari offer

Juan Pablo Montoya 10 million Ferrari second choice for second driver.

With Alonso staying at Renault, and no other offers were made for JPM, he signs with Ferrari as #2.

Mark Gene: Ferrari tester second choice, Prodrive tester second choice

Signs with Ferrari 1-80, Wait for Prodrive 81-100 Number is . . . 41 so he stays at Ferrari.

Am I doing the process right, this time around? Let me know!

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Since no one has complained yet, I will post the next part of the REDO Driver RNG's

Driver Bids REDO Part 2

Ralf Schumacher Toyota, 1st choice as first driver 4.5 m

Since there were no other offers made for Ralf other than Toyota. He signs with Toyota for 2006.

Alexandre Premat First choice for second driver for Toyota, second choice for second driver for Midland, third choice for first driver for Carlin

Toyota 1-50, Wait for Midland 51-75, Wait for Carlin 76-100 Number is . . . 79, he waits for Carlin to make a decision

Giorgio Mondini, Second choice for second driver for Toyota, third choice for test driver for Williams, third choice for tester for midland.

Toyota 1-80, Wait for Williams 81-90, Wait for Midland 91-100 Number is . . . 7 he signs with Toyota for the Number 2 seat.

Tiago Monteiro: first choice for test driver at Toyota

There was no other offers for him, except for the test driver role at Toyota, which they made him their first choice so he signs.

Jenson Button First choice for first driver at Williams, first choice for first driver at Honda

Williams 1-50 Honda 51-100 The number is . . . 9, so he signs with Williams as #1 driver.

Nico Rosberg First choice as second driver for Williams, 5th overall driver at Red Bull

Williams 1-95 Waits for Red Bull 96-100 Number is . . . 70, so he signs with Williams

Narain Karthikeyan: First choice as reserve for Williams, first choice as reserve for Honda, third choice for second driver at super aguri, first choice for second driver at Carlin

Williams 1-35 Honda 36-70 Carlin 71-90 Wait for Super Aguri 91-100 Number is . . .62 so he takes his money to Carlin.

Mark Webber: second choice for first driver at Honda, second choice for first driver at Midland

Aussiegrit had two offers left. The first driver seat at Honda or wait for Midland

Signs with Honda 1-70, Wait for Midland 71-100 Number is . . . 35, so he takes the Honda offer.

Nick Heidfeld: first choice as second driver at Honda, first choice as first driver at Sauber, first choice for first driver at Midland

Signs with Honda 1-45, Signs with BMW sauber 46-80, Signs with Midland 81-100 Number is . . . 61 he signs with BMW Sauber.

Christian Klien second choice as second driver at Honda, second choice as second driver at Sauber, first choice for second driver at Toro Rosso, second choice for second driver at Prodrive

Signs with Honda 1-35, Signs with Sauber 36-70, Signs with Toro Rosso 71-90 Wait for Prodrive 91-100 Number is . . . 18, so he signs with Honda.

So, am I still doing this REDO right, in terms of order and priority? Let me know!

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

I guess no complaints still! So here's part 3 of the Driver RNG REDO

Driver Bids REDO Part 3

Anthony Davidson second choice for test driver at Honda, third choice for second driver at Midland, third choice for first driver at Toro Rosso, Third Choice for first driver at Prodrive

Signs with Honda 1-50, Waits for Toro Rosso 51-70, Waits for Midland 71-85, Waits for Prodrive 86-100. Number is . . . 72 he waits for Midland to reply.

Ernesto Viso: third choice for Honda tester, first choice for Second driver at Midland

Signs with Honda 1-50 signs with Midland 51-100 Number is . . . 48, he signs the test offer from Honda

David Coulthard second choice overall for Red Bull

Guess Coulthard stays at Red Bull because their first choice, Kimi is already taken!

Alex Wurz First choice as Tester for Sauber, Second choice as tester Midland, third choice as second driver for prodrive

Signs with Sauber 1-45, Waits for Midland 46-75, Waits for Prodrive, 76-100 Number is . . . 96 so he waits for Prodrive’s reply.

Robert Doornbos: second choice as tester for sauber

He only got a testing offer from Sauber, and since Wurz passed up the test drive for Sauber. He gets to pick it up

Jarno Trulli: Third choice for first seat for Midland

With heidfeld taking the Sauber sea, and Webber taking the honda offer, it leaves Jarno no choice but to accept the midland offer.

Alexandre Premat Part 2: After EJ viso took his money to Honda, Midland come knocking on his door to force him to accept the second driver offer from Midland, but he has an offer from Carlin to consider as well.

Accept the Midland offer 1-65, Decline it and wait for Carlin 66-100. The Number is . . . 14, he decided to sign with Midland.

Alex Wurz Part 2: Later on, the same day, Midland comes knocking on Wurz’s doorstep to accept their test driver offer, but he is still considering Prodrive’s offer for their second seat, or the first seat at Carlin.

Accepts the Midland Offer 1-40, declines and Waits for Carlin 41-75, declines and Waits for Prodrive 76-100 Number is . . . 99, he waits for Prodrive to respond

Takuma Sato: second choice for first driver with toro rosso, first choice for first driver with super aguri.

With Kubica taken the test drive role at McLaren, Toro Rosso is hoping to sign the Japanese driver, but Super Aguri has a strong case.

Toro Rosso 1-50, Super Aguri 51-100 Number is . . . 51, so he signs for Super Aguri

Of Course, I said that there are four parts to this REDO, the final part will be posted after you guys get the chance to comment. Hopefully, I am still doing this process correctly!

KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Klon wrote:Looks good so far, I'd say.

Well, Thanks, I was a little scared about a few parts of the REDO myself, while I was doing it, but if you say so, then I am satisfied.

RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

yeah, looks good
Alexander Wurz is timeless and endless and eternal.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am willing to take Mclaren. Although I am not particularly interested in having Bourdais pre signed for me as my second driver. But on the other hand there doesn't look like better driver is avaiable
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

At least I didn't lose Sato :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

So far, the comments are looking more positive than the first time around! Which makes me happy. As promised, here's the last part of the REDO Driver RNG's

Driver Bids REDO Part 4

Anthony Davidson Part 2: Midland just didn’t respond back to Davidson, and he’s pissed but instead Toro Rosso is coming knocking on his door demanding him to accept their offer, but he is still considering prodrive’s offer for first driver

Accepts Toro Rosso’s Offer 1-55, Waits for Prodrive 56-100 Number is . . . 6, he accepts the Toro Rosso offer.

Tonio Liuzzi: second choice for second seat at toro rosso

After Klien decided to go to Honda, Liuzzi ended up having to settle for a seat at Toro Rosso.

Luca Badoer first choice as test driver at Toro Rosso, second choice as second driver at Super Aguri, first choice as Tester at Prodrive

Signs with Toro Rosso 1-55, Signs with Prodrive 56-85, Waits for Super Aguri 86-100. Number is . . . 9 he signs with Toro Rosso

Yuji Ide: First choice as Second driver at Super Aguri

He had no other offers, so it’s simple really, he is off to Super Aguri.

Pedro De La Rosa: First choice as First driver for Prodrive

He only had one solid offer to race for Prodrive, and he took it

Alex Wurz Part 3: Third choice for Second driver at Prodrive or First choice for First driver at Carlin

Then prodrive came knocking on his door, demanding him to accept it

Accept the prodrive offer 1-50, decline the Prodrive offer and accept Carlin’s offer instead 51-100 Number is . . . 46, so he finally accepts an offer!

Markus Winkelhock third choice for test driver with Prodrive

Winkelhock signs with Prodrive because the other two candidates ahead of him already signed deals

Gary Paffett Second choice for First driver at Carlin

He only received one offer, and that offer happened to be at Carlin for a lead driver role, he accepts it

Chanoch Nissany First choice for test driver at Carlin

Pretty self-obvious here, Carlin only made a bid for this pay driver, and it stands for 4 million dollars!

And with that, the REDO Driver RNG’S are done! However, there are a few empty seats including test seats at Williams, Red Bull, Midland, and Super Aguri which can be filled either now or later on. But there are two race seats are left, one at Red Bull, and one at BMW Sauber which needs to be filled right now. So Wallio and Redeyes504 you guys need to nominate a second driver before we move on to the next step, which is the pre-season test at Jerez!

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Okay, Midland will try and sell their test/reserve seat to:

Sakon Yamamoto (he brings $6m)
Giorgio Pantano (whatever he can bring)
Adrián Vallés (whatever he can bring)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

KL-racer wrote:Yuji Ide: First choice as Second driver at Super Aguri

He had no other offers, so it’s simple really, he is off to Super Aguri.

With no super-license decision prior to re-run, Ide-lel-mania...

:D
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Ataxia wrote:Okay, Midland will try and sell their test/reserve seat to:

Sakon Yamamoto (he brings $6m)
Giorgio Pantano (whatever he can bring)
Adrián Vallés (whatever he can bring)

Sakon Yamamoto: Since Midland needs money after buying the Mercedes engines for $16 millon. The chances of Sakon signing are 90% favorable

1-90 Signs with Midland
91-100 Doesn't sign

The number is . . . 15, Sakon goes ahead and signs the deal with Midland!

Miguel98

Post by Miguel98 »

Pedro De La Rosa and Alex Wurz on the same team. :lol: It's going to be fun.

RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

BMW Sauber would like to offer the #2 Drive to Filipe Massa
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

RedEyes504 wrote:BMW Sauber would like to offer the #2 Drive to Filipe Massa

Felipe Massa raced with the Sauber team in 2005. Given that they can still afford the $8 million that he wants, there's a 85% chance that he will take the offer.

1-85 Signs with sauber
86-100 Declines

Number is . . . 58, he signs on with BMW Sauber for 2006.

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Mate, sorry for coming up with this right now, but I've just realized you ran the RNG for Sebastian Vettel before doing the RNG for Robert Kubica despite Kubica being my first choice for the second seat.
RedEyes504

Post by RedEyes504 »

[quote="KL-racer"]
Robert Kubica Renault 1.25 first choice for second driver, Williams 1 mil third choice for Second Driver, McLaren 0.75 first choice for test driver. Red Bull 1.5 Fourth choice overall, Toyota 1.5 m Third choice as test driver Prodrive 1 m 2nd choice for first driver.

Renault 1-40, McLaren 41-60, Wait for Williams 61-75, Wait for McLaren Wait for Red Bull 76-85, Wait for Toyota 86-95 Wait for Prodrive 96-100. Number is . . . 99, so he’s waiting for Prodrive to respond, given that De La Rosa was Prodrive’s First choice for their #1 Driver.

He actually did do Kubica first, he just didn't sign
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Phoenix wrote:Mate, sorry for coming up with this right now, but I've just realized you ran the RNG for Sebastian Vettel before doing the RNG for Robert Kubica despite Kubica being my first choice for the second seat.

After checking part 1 of the REDO RNG again, redeyes504 was right, I managed to do Kubica first, but the RNG determined that he waited for Prodrive's offer then I did Vettel right after that and he signed according to the RNG. Guess the formatting wasn't the best to begin with.

EDIT: I still have no clue what Wallio wants to do for Red bull's second race driver? As of now, I have Barrichello assigned to red bull's second car in my GP2edit Carset file. However, fisichella is somehow still available.

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006 (RED BULL NEEDS #2 DRIVER

Post by Wallio »

I disappear for a few and I see that the RNG hates us, and Salamander didn't get what he wanted so he quit, so this series is going just like everyone else in both respects! :)

Besides Rubens and Fisi, is anyone else left?
Last edited by Wallio on 06 May 2014, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Wallio wrote:I disappear for a few and I see that the RNG hates us, and Salamander didn't get what he wanted so he quit, so this series is going just like everyone wake in both respects! :)

Well, here’s all of the other available drivers left unsigned
Jacques Villeneuve
Christian Albers
Scott Speed
Heikki Kovalainen
Franck Montagy
Michael Ammermuller
Neel Jani

Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

KL-racer wrote:
Wallio wrote:I disappear for a few and I see that the RNG hates us, and Salamander didn't get what he wanted so he quit, so this series is going just like everyone else in both respects! :)

Well, here’s all of the other available drivers left unsigned
Jacques Villeneuve
Christian Albers
Scott Speed
Heikki Kovalainen
Franck Montagy
Michael Ammermuller
Neel Jani

Well Against my better judgement, let's hire JV for #2 driver and Neel Jani as tester, but at their minimums.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
KL-racer

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006

Post by KL-racer »

About time that all 26 race seats are finally filled! So, here's the next step. Pre-season testing at Jerez, it's going to be an one session affair. Here's the basic ground rules

1. You can spend money on upgrades during this time. There are five areas of focus, one area will cost $500k, and two areas will cost you $800K. Yes, it's somewhat similar to Ataxia's F1 management game. Here are the five areas for your information

Engine power: Increases BOTH qualifying and Race engine power outputs, since the engines have to last the whole weekend anyway.
Reliability: Decreases the chances of your cars DNFing
Qualifying runs: Increases the overall pace of the car in Qualifying
Race runs: Increases the overall pace of the car in the races
Aerodynamics: Decreases the inconsistencies of the car's handling

And yes, you CAN put a double focus in one area, if you insist!

2. If you have a test driver, you must use him in place of one of your regular racing drivers. If you don't have a tester, disregard this rule.

3. If you want the information on car and driver stats before you make a decision, then you can simply state that and I will send you a PM containing the car/driver stats.

roblo97

Re: KL-Racer’s F1 Management: 2006

Post by roblo97 »

May I please have the car and driver stats for ferrari?
thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!