Alt-1954 - Season Review up!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Peteroli34

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: Non-championship spec c

Post by Peteroli34 »

As we can have more privateer entries so in that case

Pau - Vladimir Wojcieohowski
Syracuse - Giovanni De Rui
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:As many privateers as i bloody wish, you say? Well, not entirely bloody, but i'll enter a standard HWM-Alta for Racing For Holland in both non-championship races, driven by Jan Flinterman.

Did you miss the part where no driver can do both races? :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Are guest entries for NC allowed? I'll have one for Pau if so, details TBA. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

FMecha wrote:Are guest entries for NC allowed? I'll have one for Pau if so, details TBA. :)

Yep, you just have to state a driver and you receive a spec HWM-Alta for the weekend :)
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

tommykl wrote:
FMecha wrote:Are guest entries for NC allowed? I'll have one for Pau if so, details TBA. :)

Yep, you just have to state a driver and you receive a spec HWM-Alta for the weekend :)

Bill Vukovich will do. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Franco Cortese will do the Syracuse NC race.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Stirling Moss will enter Syracuse with a spec HWM-Alta.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Ivor Bueb will also enter Syracuse in the spec car.
Last edited by roblo97 on 07 Mar 2014, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pycku

Post by pycku »

As we could not find any customers, all unused parts from last season (which is engines I believe) for Leader and Balkan Eagle will be scrapped.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Louis Rosier will enter Syracuse with a privateer entry.
Last edited by tristan1117 on 10 Mar 2014, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

roblomas52 wrote:Duncan Hamilton will also enter Syracuse in the spec car.

Nope, he's already entered in Pau, he can't do both.

tristan1117 wrote:Louis Rosier will enter Syracuse and Pau with a privateer entry.

I believe you may have missed the dozen-or-so times I said that a driver can only do one of the two races ;)

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

tommykl wrote:I believe you may have missed the dozen-or-so times I said that a driver can only do one of the two races ;)

And to make it clear for everyone:
THE RACES ARE ON THE SAME DAY. DON'T ENTER THE SAME DRIVER FOR BOTH!
:P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:
This wrote:As many privateers as i bloody wish, you say? Well, not entirely bloody, but i'll enter a standard HWM-Alta for Racing For Holland in both non-championship races, driven by Jan Flinterman.

Yes, yes i did! Did you ask a rhetorical question?

Well, then i need tommykl's superior knowledge to find out if there are any realistic dutch drivers available.
Last edited by Nessafox on 07 Mar 2014, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

This wrote:
tommykl wrote:

Yes, yes i did!

Well, then i need tommykl's superior knowledge to find out if there are any realistic dutch drivers available.

There are few dutch drivers from the early 50s, but I think I have found one. Hermann Roosdorp, a dutch driver living in Antwerpen. He took part in the 1951 Dutch GP, a non-championship race. His daughter Anni Roosdorp was a racing driver as well. Both raced in the late 40s/ early 50s.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

pi314159 wrote:There are few dutch drivers from the early 50s, but I think I have found one. Hermann Roosdorp, a dutch driver living in Antwerpen. He took part in the 1951 Dutch GP, a non-championship race. His daughter Anni Roosdorp was a racing driver as well. Both raced in the late 40s/ early 50s.

Oh, oh, me Sir! I'll enter Anni Roosderp alongside Ann Hall in the same race, with one of the spec cars!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I have edited the Hamilton for Syracuse post and am hoping that Ivor Bueb is availible.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

dr-baker wrote:
pi314159 wrote:There are few dutch drivers from the early 50s, but I think I have found one. Hermann Roosdorp, a dutch driver living in Antwerpen. He took part in the 1951 Dutch GP, a non-championship race. His daughter Anni Roosdorp was a racing driver as well. Both raced in the late 40s/ early 50s.

Oh, oh, me Sir! I'll enter Anni Roosderp alongside Ann Hall in the same race, with one of the spec cars!

Well, you beat me to it, so i'm going for Hermann. It's going to be a family day out it seems.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

This wrote:
dr-baker wrote:

Well, you beat me to it, so i'm going for Hermann. It's going to be a family day out it seems.

I just wanted the two female drivers together, to have a yardstick to measure each other by.... Although the difference in cars may mask that a bit. :?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Francesco Severi will enter as a privateer for Pau.
Sergio Mantovani and Carlo Gazzabini will enter as privateers for Syracuse.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Alfonso de Portago and Joaquín Palacio will drive at Syracuse while Paco Godia and Juan Jover will drive at Pau.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright then, just three more spots to fill, one in Pau and two in Syracuse :)

FantometteBR

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: 3 NC cars left!

Post by FantometteBR »

Can we get one of those HWM privateers for me to run Adolfo Schwelm-Cruz at Pau and Clemar Bucci at Syracuse
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: one NC car left!

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm poaching the last available privateer entry for Rodney Nuckey. :P
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Anni Roosdorp's entry has been rejected due to a lack of experience (a single sportscar race with no recorded result). Her spot has now been opened up for a new privateer. Any takers?

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:Anni Roosdorp's entry has been rejected due to a lack of experience (a single sportscar race with no recorded result). Her spot has now been opened up for a new privateer. Any takers?

Simone des Forest?
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
tommykl wrote:Anni Roosdorp's entry has been rejected due to a lack of experience (a single sportscar race with no recorded result). Her spot has now been opened up for a new privateer. Any takers?

Simone des Forest?

Close enough, I suppose :)

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Alright then, one last thing before I run the NC races, Asso di Fiori, Scuderia Ferrari, Officine Alfieri Maserati and Balkan Eagle still have TBAs on their entries (mostly relating to chassis/engine combinations. You have two days (so until Saturday March 15th 2014 at 19:17 CET) to clear these up. If you don't, I'll simply choose the most appropriate combination out of what you already have.

FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

tommykl wrote:Alright then, one last thing before I run the NC races, Asso di Fiori, Scuderia Ferrari, Officine Alfieri Maserati and Balkan Eagle still have TBAs on their entries (mostly relating to chassis/engine combinations. You have two days (so until Saturday March 15th 2014 at 19:17 CET) to clear these up. If you don't, I'll simply choose the most appropriate combination out of what you already have.

AM53 1 will be run by Flockhart and Bayol runs the AM53 2
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
the Masked Lapwing

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pre-season: DEADLINE TOMORROW!

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

tommykl wrote:Alright then, one last thing before I run the NC races, Asso di Fiori, Scuderia Ferrari, Officine Alfieri Maserati and Balkan Eagle still have TBAs on their entries (mostly relating to chassis/engine combinations. You have two days (so until Saturday March 15th 2014 at 19:17 CET) to clear these up. If you don't, I'll simply choose the most appropriate combination out of what you already have.

the Masked Lapwing wrote:The Ferrari drivers will run the following combinations:
Parnell - 555 Chassis 3/Engine 3
Serafini - 555 Chassis 2/Engine 2
Brabham - 555 Chassis 1/Engine 5

I fail to see any reason why I can't use the same setup as for the championship races :P
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pycku

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - NEEDED: RDD, TMLW, Fantomette, pyck

Post by pycku »

Oh, I forgot, engine 3 goes to chassis 4, engine 2 to chassis 5 and engine 1 to chassis 6. As for which chassis to which driver goes - let it be random.
tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - NEEDED: RonDenisDeletraz

Post by tommykl »

Alright, the deadline has been passed, so Asso di Fiori have had their chassis/engine combo determined by me. Van der Lof will drive the 5/8 Aston-Jag in Pau while Villoresi will drive the 10/10 Aston-Jag in Syracuse.

tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - NC races in preparation

Post by tommykl »

April 25th 1954, Pau Grand Prix qualifying

It's that time of year again. The time of year where new rules are tested and new drivers prove their worth without it being worth anything whatsoever. This time, the new rules are:
-A closer starting grid so as to avoid penalising bad qualifying too much.
-Pre-race unreliability, so the possibility of car failure or accidents during or after qualifying (no repair costs for the time being).
-Performance will be determined from the qualifying standings and not the starting grid, so will not be affected by unreliability. A driver who fails to set a time will not see his performance rating affected.
-An overhaul of the retirement system: single accidents are less likely to occur, but collisions are more likely to happen, because,
-Each and every overtake after the first 5% of a race will be submitted to an RNG, determining whether it is successful, unsuccessful or causes a collision, in which case another RNG determines which of the two cars (or both) retires from the collision.
-For quali/race performance purposes, a higher rating is now better than a lower one, simply because I can't be arsed to figure out negative scores anymore :P

Without further ado, here is the entry list for the Pau Grand Prix:

2. Maurice Trintignant (Jaguar Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 4, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 13
4. Dries van der Lof (Asso di Fiori) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 5, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 8
6. Hans Herrmann (Rennkollektiv EMW) - EMW 02 chassis 1, Mercedes UM153 engine 3
8. Jack Brabham (Scuderia Ferrari) - Ferrari 555 chassis 1, Ferrari 555 engine 5
10. Anne Hall (BRUNEL) - Bentley Speed 3 chassis 8, Bentley 163-1 engine 7
12. Ron Flockhart (Officine Alfieri Maserati) - Maserati AM53 chassis 2, Maserati 200F engine 1
14. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A. Automobili) - O.S.C.A. 53 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 3000V8 engine 1
16. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes-Benz Team Europe) - Mercedes WM-2 chassis 5, Mercedes UM153 engine 5
18. Roger Laurent (Ecurie Nationale Belge) - Maserati AM53 chassis 4, Maserati 200F engine 4
20. John Fitch (Assasti Millanti) - Leader LF153 chassis 3, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 11
22. Louis Chiron (Leader) - Leader LF153 chassis 1, O.S.C.A. 156s engine 4
24. Stan Jones (Balkan Eagle) - Alfa Romeo AR160 chassis 4, Balkan Lion F154 engine 3
26. Robert Manzon (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 1, Gordini ART-004 engine 1
28. Peter Collins (Alexander Racing Team-Gordini) - Gordini G-953 chassis 3, Gordini ART-004 engine 3
30. B. Bira (Jaguar-Aston Martin Racing) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 2, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 2
32. Roberto Mieres (Erne Racing Development) - Aston Martin AM-04 chassis 8, Jaguar JFE-2 engine 14
34. Ottorino Volonterio (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
36. Geoff Richardson (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
38. Duncan Hamilton (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
40. Roger Loyer (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
42. Alan Brown (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
44. Hermann Roosdorp (Racing for Holland) - spec HWM-Alta
46. Dennis Poore (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
48. Vladimir Wojciechowski (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
50. Bill Vukovich (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
52. Simone des Forest (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
54. Francesco Severi (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
56. Paco Godia (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
58. Juan Jover (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta
60. Adolfo Schwelm-Cruz (Privateer) - spec HWM-Alta

30 drivers, 22 spots on the grid. Who will the unlucky 8 be?

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

And here we have it: qualifying performance. Remember, this season, the higher the better. Also, any mechanical failures haven't been taken into account.

Collins - 119
Godia - 112
Schwelm-Cruz - 112
Trintignant - 111
Herrmann - 109
Laurent - 108
van der Lof - 107
Gonzalez - 107
Hamilton - 106
Ecclestone - 105
Jones - 105
Wojciechowski - 104
Vukovich - 104
Hall - 103
Manzon - 103
Loyer - 103
Chiron - 102
Flockhart - 101
Bira - 101
Roosdorp - 101
Jover - 101
Fitch - 99
Brabham - 96
Volonterio - 96
des Forest - 96
Richardson - 95
Brown - 95
Poore - 95
Mieres - 93
Severi - 86

Also, the spec-car has been determined to have a performance of exactly half of a top car, so 15 for the chassis and 12 for the engine. This is equivalent to Maserati territory.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:Also, the spec-car has been determined to have a performance of exactly half of a top car, so 15 for the chassis and 12 for the engine. This is equivalent to Maserati territory.

So basically, i didn't gain anything from entering my Maserati? :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:
tommykl wrote:Also, the spec-car has been determined to have a performance of exactly half of a top car, so 15 for the chassis and 12 for the engine. This is equivalent to Maserati territory.

So basically, i didn't gain anything from entering my Maserati? :lol:

Well, you have the advantage of both ENB and Laurent having performance points, whereas most of the privateers don't ;)

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tommykl wrote:And here we have it: qualifying performance. Remember, this season, the higher the better. Also, any mechanical failures haven't been taken into account.

Ecclestone - 105

Hall - 103
des Forest - 96

So my drivers are either side of the 100-avarage qualifying performance? Good start! This could be interesting.

And the higher the better? Don't remember B.C.E being anywhere near that good in reality...
MCard LOLA
tommykl

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pau quali performance up!

Post by tommykl »

Qualifying results
1. Peter Collins (Gordini) - 1:34.24
2. Maurice Trintignant (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:34.64
3. B. Bira (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:34.95
4. Robert Manzon (Gordini) - 1:35.38
5. Dries van der Lof (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:35.96
6. José Froilan Gonzalez (O.S.C.A.) - 1:37.18
7. Jack Brabham (Ferrari) - 1:37.36
8. Louis Chiron (Leader-O.S.C.A.) - 1:39.20
9. Bernie Ecclestone (Mercedes) - 1:40.37
10. John Fitch (Leader-Jaguar) - 1:41.03
11. Roberto Mieres (Aston Martin-Jaguar) - 1:41.26
12. Roger Laurent (Maserati) - 1:41.44
13. Anne Hall (Bentley) - 1:41.92
14. Hans Herrmann (EMW-Mercedes) - 1:42.32
15. Paco Godia (HWM-Alta) - 1:42.49
16. Adolfo Schwelm-Cruz (HWM-Alta) - 1:42.51
17. Duncan Hamilton (HWM-Alta) - 1:42.65
18. Bill Vukovich (HWM-Alta) - 1:42.77
19. Vladimir Wojciechowski (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.24
20. Roger Loyer (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.33
21. Geoff Richardson (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.41
22. Hermann Roosdorp (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.51
23. Juan Jover (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.54
24. Simone des Forest (HWM-Alta) - 1:43.99
25. Ottorino Volonterio (HWM-Alta) - 1:44.05
26. Alan Brown (HWM-Alta) - 1:44.09
27. Dennis Poore (HWM-Alta) - 1:44.13
28. Francesco Severi (HWM-Alta) - 1:44.94
29. Ron Flockhart (Maserati) - no time
30. Stan Jones (Alfa Romeo-Balkan Lion) - no time

Warm-up report
Two qualified drivers have suffered mechanical failures in the pre-race warm-up and will therefore have to miss the race. These are Maurice Trintignant and Duncan Hamilton.

This leaves 20 drivers to start the race.

tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dr-baker wrote:
tommykl wrote:And here we have it: qualifying performance. Remember, this season, the higher the better. Also, any mechanical failures haven't been taken into account.

Ecclestone - 105

Hall - 103
des Forest - 96

So my drivers are either side of the 100-avarage qualifying performance? Good start! This could be interesting.

And the higher the better? Don't remember B.C.E being anywhere near that good in reality...

In all fairness to Bernie, he never took driving very seriously after Formula 3. His 1958 drives were more a case of "I'm a bit bored this weekend, I guess I'll have a go" than anything else :P

Also, race performance:
Wojciechowski 37
Laurent 34
Loyer 25
van der Lof 23
Hall 22
Ecclestone 20
Gonzalez 17
Chiron 15
Manzon 16
Bira 12
Roosdorp 12
Herrmann 4
Vukovich -1
Mieres -3
Godia -4
Fitch -6
Richardson -8
Brabham -9
Schwelm-Cruz -39
Collins -43

There will be 11 retirements not counting eventual collisions, with two engine failures, 1 Cat. 1 crash, 2 Cat. 2 crashes, 2 Cat. 3 crashes and 1 Cat. 4 crash. This should be good.

dr-baker

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pau race performance up!

Post by dr-baker »

Good to see Anne Hal qualify in the mid-field. Means that she will not lose her seat to des Forest for her home race! Now to get a race finish under her belt.
MCard LOLA
pycku

Re: F1WRCR 1954 season - Pau race performance up!

Post by pycku »

What happened to Stan Jones?