Alternative F1 Season 1989 (Voting!)

Archive for the three above subforums
V8fan12

Re: Alternative F1 Season 1989 (Ferrari, Lotus, Rial, Arrows

Post by V8fan12 »

Onyx will withdraw also due to not securing an engine supplier.
Owner of the Peak Motorsport Group.

Biscione wrote:I mean, Renaldo Jimenez, could you ask for a more world class pay driver? Who even is Alexey Buyvolov, amirite?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Salamander wrote:Ferrari will also be leaving Formula 1.

Following the departure of their engine supplier, McLaren will be forced to use the lawnmower engines. Luckily, we've found a small family-run trading company in Peckham that are all too happy to supply us...
Last edited by takagi_for_the_win on 11 Mar 2014, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Samster wrote:Wow, half way to killing off the sport of Formula One! :lol: Contender for worst alternative series on the forum?

This is almost as bad as some of umbatu's series. (Check's FA1L's join date) Heeeeyyyyyy wait a minute......
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

Enzo Coloni, enraged at no engine supplier whatsoever even though he picked three engines he'd like in the back of his car, is pulling out with immediate effect.

EDIT: He actually found out we have Mercedes. But he decided after a rise of farcical events that F1 would not be worth his time, and he pulled immediately and tried to get himself a CART team together.
Last edited by go_Rubens on 12 Mar 2014, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Altough i'm happy by getting the Renault engines, it looks like the rng has not been fairly ran, so Ligier would request the rng would be ran again, but this time properly. Otherwise, Ligier will quit the series too.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Well, with half the field withdrawing, Ron can't thank you guys enough for making his dream of Dalmaswinslol a realistic prospect :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Heck, Larrousewinslol may happen.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Tyrrell are (controversially?) staying in F1, although the team knows that most results will be by default.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
pycku

Post by pycku »

Sorry FA1L, but I have too much championships to participate, and this one is not going well. I even can't find the logic you are using to run this.

That is why Giancarlo Minardi puts his team for sale, which means I am also out of this.
To finish first, first you have to finish!
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

OK. I´m absolutely sorry about the ridiculous management. Anyway, as we have 12 teams left, you can vote.

OPTION A: Run the series with 24-car fields, better management and new RNG´s.
OPTION B: Start from the beginning and try to get a better series.
OPTION C: Start a completely new series, perhaps from some other racing series?
OPTION D: Completely ban me from making ANY new series and already hand me the "Most Rejectful Alternative Series" trophy.
Samster

Post by Samster »

FA1L wrote:OK. I´m absolutely sorry about the ridiculous management. Anyway, as we have 12 teams left, you can vote.

OPTION D: Completely ban me from making ANY new series and already hand me the "Most Rejectful Alternative Series" trophy.

Since we have so many F1 series, I'd like to see option C. I'd love to see an alternate Moto GP or Indycar.
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

i thin option C would be the best decision. Everyone has deserved a second chance and as long as you learn from this experience i see not point in no letting you run another series :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Grand Prix Journal wrote:Brabham joins out-of-F1 brigade, announces breakaway series

Motor Racing Developments, commonly known as Brabham, has announced that they will withdraw from Formula One effective immediately after a major spat over engines, leading to mass departure of Benetton, Williams, Zakspeed, Osella, RAM, Ferrari, RAM, Onyx, Coloni, and Minardi, despite Brabham winning the bid for Judd engines. The team management ruled that the "series is no longer in good health after this massive exodus". The Brabham entry has been vacated and the team also has demanded an investigation about the FIA rigging the engine auction. The team also apologized to their sponsors, International Business Machines Corporation, Capcom Co,Ltd, and Fondmetal, regarding Brabham's departure that affected their sponsorship deals.

Furthermore, the Brabham management also announced a breakaway racing series, that would "provide the ultimate freedom for teams to chose what they want". The breakaway series, tentatively dubbed Formula X, is currently under development.

There should/will be a new non-canon series after this post. :twisted:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

FMecha wrote:Furthermore, the Brabham management also announced a breakaway racing series, that would "provide the ultimate freedom for teams to chose what they want". The breakaway series, tentatively dubbed Formula X, is currently under development.

Hermann95 is on New FC. :P
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
FMecha wrote:Furthermore, the Brabham management also announced a breakaway racing series, that would "provide the ultimate freedom for teams to chose what they want". The breakaway series, tentatively dubbed Formula X, is currently under development.

But FC is located in 2014 and the first season will be in 2015. ;) A bit late for a brake away series isn't it?
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

OK. For the option C, I think IndyCars would suit best. You can now vote for:

YEAR (Any year after 1979)

REALISTIC OR NOT (Realistic would be more like real life, but if any reject fan absolutely wants a certain HWNSNBM to succeed, there is no problem with it :roll: )
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hermann95 wrote:
UgncreativeUsergname wrote:

But FC is located in 2014 and the first season will be in 2015. ;) A bit late for a brake away series isn't it?

Besides, if I actually run Formula X, the freedom itself won't that big though. You name a real team and two real drivers, plus engine, sponsors, and chassis, and RNG will determine the stats. That's it. ;)
(It will be run on xkoranate btw)
Hermann95
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Hermann95 »

FMecha wrote:Besides, if I actually run Formula X, the freedom itself won't that big though. You name a real team and two real drivers, plus engine, sponsors, and chassis, and RNG will determine the stats. That's it. ;)
(It will be run on xkoranate btw)

Good idea, especially if you locate it in 1989 or 1990 as a real break away series! :D
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Alternative F1 Season 1989 (Voting!)

Post by Nessafox »

B or C
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

FA1L wrote:OK. I´m absolutely sorry about the ridiculous management. Anyway, as we have 12 teams left, you can vote.

I am new to the forum and the PMMF as well, so I was willing to stick with this and see you make it work, but the time has probably come to consider Option C.

Before you start a new series I would recommend having a good, hard think about what the aim of the series is, how you intend to go about it, and outline your aim and planned method of running it in your opening post(s). I am the first to admit that I have neither the time or original ideas required to run a useful series myself, so feel free to take my advice for whatever you think it's worth. Good luck!
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
FA1L

Post by FA1L »

More_Blue_Flags wrote:

I am new to the forum and the PMMF as well, so I was willing to stick with this and see you make it work, but the time has probably come to consider Option C.

Before you start a new series I would recommend having a good, hard think about what the aim of the series is, how you intend to go about it, and outline your aim and planned method of running it in your opening post(s). I am the first to admit that I have neither the time or original ideas required to run a useful series myself, so feel free to take my advice for whatever you think it's worth. Good luck!
Thanks!
Collieafc

Post by Collieafc »

FA1L wrote:
More_Blue_Flags wrote:I am new to the forum and the PMMF as well, so I was willing to stick with this and see you make it work, but the time has probably come to consider Option C.

Thanks!

There's a lot more work than you expect in setting it up as well. I didnt fully appreciate just how much goes into running a game until trying it myself. Its good fun though when its done right :)
DanielPT wrote:Life usually expires after 400 meters and always before reaching 2 laps or so. In essence, Life is short.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I vote a breakaway series for the likes of Lotus, Ferrari and Onyx, and other teams in a similar situation.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

FullMetalJack wrote:I vote a breakaway series for the likes of Lotus, Ferrari and Onyx, and other teams in a similar situation.

Read my post. That depends if I'm actually arsed to run it.

;)
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

FMecha wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:I vote a breakaway series for the likes of Lotus, Ferrari and Onyx, and other teams in a similar situation.

Read my post. That depends if I'm actually arsed to run it.

;)

1) i will move Ligier to the breakaway series

2) i'm willing to give FA1L a second chance, when he tries to run a new series.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Larrouse are moving to the breakaway series as of now.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
More_Blue_Flags

Post by More_Blue_Flags »

AGS will move to the breakaway series as well.
CoopsII wrote:Wouldnt it be lovely if just for once someone said "I really want to emulate Boutsen and get a decent, if not spectacular, result with some solid points".
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

I think Tyrrell will take a gamble by joining Formula X as well, with their engines and sponsors being transferred over.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I will quit altogether.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Screw it, Eurobrun's staying right where it is.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there