Paul Stoddart buys Torro Rosso

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Paul Stoddart buys Torro Rosso

Post by SuperAguri »

APRIL FOOL

Although it's not well know, I've heard from Shiga Tsusa a reporter from the Japanese website F1 Express has got an exclusive that will excite all F1 fans.

Paul Stoddard has negotiated with Dietrich Mateschitz to buy back the team he sold back in 2005 and PS will buy the team back for $1. As PS still has the rights to use the name Minardi, the team will be called Minardi Torro Rosso until 2010 when it will rightfully named Minardi again. The Ferrari Engine deal looks like it will run until 2011, so now major changes will take place. It's is likely that Sébastien Bourdais will be fired due to his poor performances and a more talented driver will take his place, although PS has not mentioned any names yet.

It is likely the story will be released in the public domain sometime around 11:59.59 GMT.
Last edited by SuperAguri on 01 Apr 2009, 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Ide

Re: Paul Stoddart buys Torro Rosso

Post by Ide »

If this is true, then :D
I never really liked Stoddart when he was in charge at Minardi, but I think the team lost most of it's charm when it became Toro Rosso. Sure, I was cheering them on in Italy last year, but I think it became too much of a Red Bull B-Team, would have liked to see them a little more independent.
Everyone loves Minardi, and with Super Aguri gone now, there's been no team to fill their place (Force India don't have the fans to take the place of Minardi - but Super Aguri had fans and I have some SA merchandise, so have some friends!)

EDIT: Wait, hang on... :P
If there's a car to crash in your neighbourhood,
Who you gonna call?
Yuji Ide!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

It would be really nice indeed that this legendary name would make a return to the grid. I always kinda liked them even if they were at the back of the grid. Toro Rosso really was (and is) too much of a Res Bull B-team. And Minardi has changed it's name only once, comparing to Jordan, which was sold the same year: Midland->Spyker->Force India->???? :mrgreen:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

wowser if this is true my goodness me i am a happy man!

undoubtedly the Torro Rosso is nothing more than Red Bull's B team as has been mentioned - giving a chance to younger drivers to show themselves and if they do well promote them to RBR (like Vettel)

everything about the team was fake - the paintscheme was a vain attempt to try and make the two teams look different and the name is exactly the same but in Italian...what does the Italian media call Red Bull if Torro Rosso is already taken?! :lol:

Minardi is a truly legendary name, it will be great to see it back on the grid again and give the grid a bit more variety like in previous years

I hope this all turns out to be true and if so that PS can get some good results for the team - after all under the name Minardi they definitely deserve it!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of God" - Jeremy Clarkson
BB01

Post by BB01 »

Ha ha ha :D
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

*praying this is not a hoax*
jonnyeol

Post by jonnyeol »

It's April 1st in some parts of the world (especially Australia), but not here yet......
Zsolt Baumgartner. There - I Said It.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

That's cheap, preying on Americans who haven't realized it's April 1st yet. Dirty, dirty pool. :evil:
Ide

Post by Ide »

Damn, it was only after I posted that I fully read the opening post...
I'm going to have to award Reject of the Day to myself for falling for it :lol:
If there's a car to crash in your neighbourhood,
Who you gonna call?
Yuji Ide!
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Having the name of Minardi back in the sport sounds orgasmic.

Having the name of Paul Stoddart back in the sport sounds like I'm sh*tting in my pants.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Bort

Post by Bort »

I was already laughing when I saw the headline.
Of course, I have already had two April Fools jokes already, including the following cruel hoax.

http://whirlpool.net.au/news/?id=1841
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

It's April 1st?

I didn't even notice.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Yes it was an aprils fools joke, as it was 1st April when I posted it (as I am in Japan...), Shiga Tsusa should be Shigatsu Sa (or basically April Fool...)

I for one would love to this to be true but unless Max leaves, I can't see Stoddard ever coming back... :(
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

If this is actually serious I can see HWNSNBM making the comback of the century... I hope
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Schmucks, I've fallen to different April Fools Day jokes three times today! :D
But it would have been awesome if it had been true!
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

This is better than YouTube's annoying joke.
wombat

Post by wombat »

Here's F1-lives April Fools Joke

Quote:
In a surprise statement issued shortly after midnight on this date, the highly competitive Brawn GP team shocked the F1 community by announcing that Lewis Hamilton is switching to the Brackley-based outfit for the remainder of the 2009 season.

The reigning World Champion will therefore leave the McLaren Mercedes team with immediate effect, and will be wearing the Brawn operation's white overalls at this week-end's Malaysian Grand Prix.

“It was a logical decision to make when considering the situation both our teams are facing at present,” Ross Brawn stated. “Everyone is very confident in regards to our potential in both the drivers' and constructors' championships.”

It seems that Brawn GP's current budget, combined with the lack of performance provided by McLaren's new single-seater, provoked an important brainstorming session within the Mercedes camp which ultimately resulted in pushing the daring plan forward and putting the best chances on their side.

“You have to look at the numbers,” explained Norbert Haug, VP of Mercedes-Benz Motorsports. “By switching Lewis and part of our budget to Brawn – which is already Mercedes-powered – statistically we can manage to win both championships this season.”

“I know there's only been one race so far this year,” Haug admitted, “but it adds up.

“This is really a wonderful gesture,” said a smiling Hamilton. “This is the best way for me to help my regular team move forward. With the spotlight on me at Brawn while I win all these races, McLaren don't have to worry about having a World Champion aboard and all that pressure.”

“Really,” he added, “I don't know why I hadn't thought of this myself!”

Ron Dennis, Martin Whitmarsh and Anthony Hamilton issued a joint statement which reads: “We have raised this child to be a World Champion again and again (…) this is a bold step in preserving that goal.”

The situation means that either Jenson Button or Rubens Barrichello will have to move aside to make place for Hamilton. The decision regarding who will sit in the vacated McLaren car has not yet been made, but the news was obviously badly received.

“I think not,” said Button. “You see, I'm spotted to be the next Brit F1 star.”

Reached by phone, Barrichello's response was more direct: “I told them I was through with making way for champions!”

It is unknown at present if the changes announced today will affect the Brawn team's expected title sponsorship with the Virgin empire, but it has been reported that a portion of the money previously tagged for F1 will now be used to purchase a fleet of small fishing vessels off the coast of Newfoundland
---------------------------------------------------
going bacwards up the escape road at Amaroo park hillclimb in a Brabham Holbay is enough to convince you that you are a F1 (or F3) reject
LolLola

Post by LolLola »

Now this IS the biggest joke ever :P :P
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

LolLola wrote:Now this IS the biggest joke ever :P :P

It seems it took you 5 years to get the joke :P
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This wrote:
LolLola wrote:Now this IS the biggest joke ever :P :P

It seems it took you 5 years to get the joke :P

I'm imagining him walking to work and suddenly being like "...I get it!".
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

I thought everyone was being serious... then I looked at the date :lol: :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Aerospeed wrote:I thought everyone was being serious... then I looked at the date :lol: :lol:

I wish that it were serious...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

LolLola between 01 Apr 2009 - 22 May 2014;
-*:-
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

As good as this joke was back in the day (I was also fooled by it :lol: ) I think it's fair to put this topic to rest.