Only in a game.....

Archive for the three above subforums
Aerospeed

Re: Only in a game.....

Post by Aerospeed »

good_Ralf wrote:This on rFactor

Jeez, and I thought tilkedromes were bad!

good_Ralf wrote:Last year I watched a video where in a wet race at Spa in F1 2011, AI Heidfeld led out of Eau Rouge. Someone commented with "Glitch: Heidfeld leading"

He can lead, but can he actually win a race? That is the question.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I'm in the process of doing a race at Imola on F1 Challenge's 1989 mod.

In pre-qualifying, I was Johansson and I crashed, but the shock was that Modena missed the cut. Normally on that game, Modena, Brundle and Caffi will always pre-qualify, and Larini would be there or thereabouts too. Who made it in Modena's place? Take a look for yourself. I don't remember the times.

1. Brundle
2. Foitek
3. Caffi
4. Larini

5. Modena

It didn't stop there, I done the first qualifying session, driving as Roberto Moreno in the Coloni. Coloni, Eurobrun, Rial, Osella and AGS had a car on the grid, so one reject team was going to get a car on the grid. Some drivers, such as Capelli, Warwick and Alboreto drove through the pitlane in pretty much every qualifying lap. I managed to qualify 21st, behind Christian Danner. Eurobrun made the grid too, something that didn't happen at all in 1989. Derek Warwick failed to qualify, being the most shocking of the four DNQers, De Cesaris was a shock too. Larini and Arnoux are slightly less surprising, but they are when they're slower than an AGS, Coloni, Eurobrun and Rial. I can't remember where Tarquini placed, but he definitely qualified.

20. Danner
21. Moreno

24. Grouillard
25. Foitek
26. Alboreto

27. Warwick
28. De Cesaris
29. Larini
30. Arnoux

I'll do Qualifying 2 and the race later. Although the race will probably only be 30%.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

Doing the F1C 1990 mod and editing the driver's performance file. Claudio Langes on pole, Nanini started 35th (last) :shock: .
The track is Paul Ricard IIRC. Result: 1. Langes 2. Moreno 3. Gachot 4. Me (as Giacomelli) :D Senna is 5th
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

More F1 2012 stuff

Monza. 50%. Hard difficulty. Playing as Pérez.

I started 12th.

Then I won with a 25+ second lead :lol: Merc duo came behind me (or did they) :P

Silverstone. 100%. Expert. Playing as Alonso.

I started 4th.

I led all but 4 laps and only had a winning lead of less than 2 seconds over an epic duel between Schumacher, Vettel, Hamilton, Button, and Grosjean for 2nd. I would have had a 20+ second lead if I had not made such careless mistakes (all of which in turn 4).
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I crashed out in the Monaco GP in F1 2006... Scott Speed won the race and he was running in 20th at the time. I have no idea how he won.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
eichy

Post by eichy »

Well, then........

American
JORDAN GRAND PRIX FOREVER
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

eichy wrote:Well, then........

Surely that's not only in a game. The kid's bound to win at least a race or two by the end of the season with his staggering improvement, impressive determination and stylish hairdo.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tommykl wrote:

Surely that's not only in a game. The kid's bound to win at least a race or two by the end of the season with his staggering improvement, impressive determination and stylish hairdo.

A race or two? Given Max's incredible work ethic, I think it's not out of the question that he could turn Marussia into a juggernaut over the mid-season break and sweep every remaining race.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Best get used to that guys. Whilst I admit 2013 might be to early for Max to launch a title bid, he's just gearing himself up for a record-breaking 2014. Just wait and see!
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Best get used to that guys. Whilst I admit 2013 might be to early for Max to launch a title bid, he's just gearing himself up for a record-breaking 2014. Just wait and see!

and his imense good looks will get all of the grid girls forming a queue outside his hotel room :lol:
they hill ig nore Heidfelds Half hour and Heidfeld will have to hand his bag collection to the bayliffes :P
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Here's one that you guys will love...

A while back, I decided to run a 10 lap race around the Adelaide bonus track on F1 1997 (in the dry; wacky shite happens all the time in the wet on that game). I was Eddie Irvine, and promptly took pole by half a second from Schumacher, with Villeneuve a further half second back in third. Lining up alongside him in fourth was, I kid you not, Ukyo Katayama!

Anyway, I led from the start, with Schumi and Villeneuve running close behind, and we started dropping Katayma and all the cars bunched up behind him at nearly 2 seconds a lap. After 5 laps I'd built a lead of a couple of seconds and came in for new tyres (I can never make my tyres last more than 6 laps for some reason) and came out just ahead of Katayama, who'd somehow set the fastest lap on my in-lap. Anyway, with fresh tyres, I began reeling in the leading duo, with Katayama sticking right to my tail. On lap 8, I passed both JV and Schumi on the back straight but the next lap, when I was about to lap Trulli at the same spot, the Italian braked at 180 mph right in front of me. Net result: no front wing on my Ferrari, so as expected I went horribly wide in the corner at the end of the back straight and 3 corners later was passed by the Schumi, Villeneuve, Katayama trio. Anyway, due to Schumi's fading tyres I was able to keep pace and see the battle ahead unfold. Going into turn 4. Villeneuve dived down the inside from a long way back, Schumacher turned in on him...BANG! And in that split second, the greatest driver Formula 1 has ever produced crept past them and secured a slightly bizarre win for Minardi...never quite been able to work out what happened to Katayama in that race to be honest
TORA! TORA! TORA!
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

I think that just goes to show that Vettel's victory at Monza in a "Minardi" wasn't really that impressive at all and had he been at the right place at the right time, Ukyo would be a 3 times world champion.
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

watka wrote:I think that just goes to show that Vettel's victory at Monza in a "Minardi" wasn't really that impressive at all and had he been at the right place at the right time, Ukyo would be a 3 times world champion.

In fact, Katayama did win 3 championships. It was just censured by the FIA and goverments, for some reason, probably Jocke1 can tell me more about. We have to thank Murray Walker, for giving us a hint in stating that Katayama is the greatest racing driver ever. We don't know what he did to diserve this praise, but obviously, we are not permitted to see.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Trump 2016
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

This glitch has happened to me twice so far... don't know why....
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Did you DNF? I guess that sometimes when you DNF the computer comes up with a fixed but plausible result, although when someone playing the PS3 game F1 Chamionship Edition on YouTube DNFed, Albers was classified 3rd in the Midland.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

good_Ralf wrote:Did you DNF? I guess that sometimes when you DNF the computer comes up with a fixed but plausible result, although when someone playing the PS3 game F1 Chamionship Edition on YouTube DNFed, Albers was classified 3rd in the Midland.

I probably did DNF, but I don't remember for sure. I know what you mean, though; the results generation seems to ignore the fact that somebody's pitting, as well as any damage. So if, say, you crash with a lap to go, and Zonta and Coulthard are level on track position but Coulthard's in and/or has a limping car, Zonta will still finish behind him.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Toyota just stuffed-up big time when I was using the F1TV mode on F1 Championship Edition on the PS3. At Suzuka, Ralf Schumacher was in a train consisting of Liuzzi, Klien, himself and Heidfeld. Seconds after being passed by Heidfeld for P7, Ralf blew up in the Esses. Almost simultaneously, Jarno Trulli made an error in the Esses chasing Ide and crashed out metres from where his teammate parked his car. So Toyota double-DNF and on home soil as well! :lol:

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

good_Ralf wrote:Toyota just stuffed-up big time when I was using the F1TV mode on F1 Championship Edition on the PS3. At Suzuka, Ralf Schumacher was in a train consisting of Liuzzi, Klien, himself and Heidfeld. Seconds after being passed by Heidfeld for P7, Ralf blew up in the Esses. Almost simultaneously, Jarno Trulli made an error in the Esses chasing Ide and crashed out metres from where his teammate parked his car. So Toyota double-DNF and on home soil as well! :lol:

What was Trulli doing, having to chase Ide?!?! That was his error, right there!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

dr-baker wrote:
good_Ralf wrote:Toyota just stuffed-up big time when I was using the F1TV mode on F1 Championship Edition on the PS3. At Suzuka, Ralf Schumacher was in a train consisting of Liuzzi, Klien, himself and Heidfeld. Seconds after being passed by Heidfeld for P7, Ralf blew up in the Esses. Almost simultaneously, Jarno Trulli made an error in the Esses chasing Ide and crashed out metres from where his teammate parked his car. So Toyota double-DNF and on home soil as well! :lol:

What was Trulli doing, having to chase Ide?!?! That was his error, right there!

I was doing another reverse grid race with a 50% distance, with the Super Aguris at the front and the Renaults and the Ferraris at the back. Ide took pole but inevitably slid down. Also in that race, Massa passed Michael Schumacher at Degner 2 and gave his teammate a puncture! Michael crawled back to the pits but when he was lapped by Speed at the exit of 130R, Scott ploughed into Schumi, knocking off the Ferrari's rear wing and taking it out for good.

The 27 lap race result was something like this

1) Fisichella
2) Rosberg
3) Coulthard
4) Massa
5) Heidfeld
6) Liuzzi
7) Klien
8) Villeneuve

Julien

Post by Julien »

I got F1 2013 today and I gave it a try. It wasn't worth it. Not taking into account that the controls are awkward, you have no sense of speed whatsoever so you constantly have to watch the tachometer, there is no tire skid sound so you don't get any response if you're too slow or too fast in the corner, you can't see the mirrors from the cockpit, AI is not affected by tire wear or mechanical failure, the disappearance and reappearance of grip make no sense at all, the results are speaking for themselves:

Australia, max race distance, max race difficulty, dry weather, no Safety Car:
1. Vettel
2. Vergne
3. Massa
4. Maldonado
5. Bottas
6. Pic
7. Riccardo
8. Alonso
9. Hülkenberg
10. Rosberg
11. Hamilton
12. Perez
13. Bianchi
14. Massa
15. Raikkönen
16. Grosjean
17. Webber
18. Button
19. Van der Garde
20. Sutil
21. di Resta
22. me, as Chilton (stopped so I could enjoy the show).
Everyone was lapped by Vettel, although they were on the same strategy. Raikkönen and Button knocked each other's front wing down, then they were silently lapping at P20-21 for the next 30 laps.

Every time I try Codemasetrs' abomination, I can't cease to be amazed how much F1 Challenge and rFactor better, despite being 10 years old games! Well, to be fair, the old cars are pretty nice, although several mods for the other two games have way better physics. And you can only drive Williamses and a few other cars. I really miss some iconic racing cars. There are two really outstanding cars in the repertoire: The Williams FW14B and the Lotus 98T. The others are not so interesting.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

1/3 race distance 2003 Australian gp on f1 2003 spectator mode with reverse grid.
Ralph Firman holds up Schumacher for 18 laps but still comes 3rd and minardi get a 6th place from Wilson :lol:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Imagine if this happened in reality; the kid starting last on the grid in this race eventually won!

MrMasaTasa

Post by MrMasaTasa »

In a Batracer game, I was faster than a Ferrari... In a HRT.
Forza Forti!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

MrMasaTasa wrote:In a Batracer game, I was faster than a Ferrari... In a HRT.

Was it in academy mode? Not to downplay your achievements, but... the cars in that mode are evened out on purpose so that beginners can have a better chance of winning.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

In F1 97, Minardis seem to do especially well in Adelaide (a mirrored version included as a bonus track, for those who are confused). I remember doing a full race there five or six years ago and Katayama won.

Sides splitting.
Hubert

Post by Hubert »

In gp2 i was 3rd on last lap and then both of the cars in front of me blow their engines :lol:
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Recently on F1 Championship Edition I played the World Championship mode as Jacques Villeneuve in the BMW on medium difficulty and I was World Champion!

Bahrain

I had a super car but I spun and crashed and ended up 16th on the grid. In the race, I made progress but crashed into someone and had to make a pit stop. I recovered to 6th by the end, but I spun it away on the last lap and ended up 10th.

Malaysia

Pole position and the victory. Enough said.

Australia

My car sucked in quali and I was 8th-9th or something like that but in the race I made my way to 3rd after my stop. I then had to fend off Massa for the rest of the race and by switching the penalties off I managed to cut corners without being slowed down.

San Marino

Horrible track, Imola. Yet I got up to 4th on the grid but despite restarting the race multiple times I didn't finish.

Europe

Pole position and the victory. I had great fun.

Spain

My pace on high fuel loads were pretty poor but from 10th I made several places on the first lap and I then attempted a pass on Schumi around the outside of Campsa. We collided, Schumi breaking his front suspension and me spinning into the wall.

Monaco

I just cannot get together at this track and I started towards the back, then I crashed on lap 1, inevitably.

Britain

In the race from 4th I took the lead, but I pressed the PS button and the game didn't pause, so I crashed out. I restarted and took 2nd.

Canada

From pole it was hard to fend off the Renaults and then on my in-lap I crashed out. At JV's home race too.

USA

I love this track. I got the setup perfect and in the race I drew far ahead of the rest. But then my engine blew starting the final lap and in the restarted race, exactly the same thing happened in exactly the same place!!!!!! Third time lucky? Oh, yes. I won this time.

France

By now I had found a great setup that could be used at all the tracks bar Monza. I won but I did everything to throw it away from pole. On the first lap, I went wide entering Estoril, letting Schumi through. I then swept past around the outside of the corner only to be pitched into a high-speed spin going into Adelaide. Remarkably, I only fell to 2nd behind Alonso. Several times I flew off the road but I would get past the Renault easily and I finally took Fernando at the halfway stops.

Germany

From another pole I led but I nearly crashed into the pitwall! Worse, on my new in-lap, running out of fuel, I pushed the dreaded PS button and slowed for a few seconds. At my stop, I didn't run out of fuel but had lost out to Fisichella. I reeled him in and hit the Renault at Mobil on the last lap, damaging but not destroying the front wing. Exiting the final corner, I got away better and won again! By now I was up to 2nd in the championship, about 10 points behind Alonso.

Hungary

I love this track and I managed to dominate the race. I kept in mind what East Londoner said about backmarkers and avoided any collisions.

Turkey

Another win from pole. Alonso finished 2nd to me again.

Italy

My car and setup wasn't that good, but I qualified 2nd with Alonso on pole. Determined to beat him, I hit him into the first chicane, but not on purpose. His rear wing collapsed and I was left without a front wing! Into the Della Roggia, I was spun and somehow I broke my rear suspension and retired.

China

Win from pole again with Alonso 2nd.

Japan

My brilliant setup was developed to improve handling and stop my endless crashing at this circuit. It worked and after restarting the race I got 6th (ahead of Alonso) by the end of the race I came 2nd behind Schumi but ahead of Alonso again. I was 2 points behind him going into the last race.

Brazil

A 9th win of the year with Alonso 3rd ensured that I was World Champion as Jacques Villeneuve with 114 points.

Hubert

Post by Hubert »

Visconti

Post by Visconti »

I was testing out the new F1 1990 mod for rFactor last week. There is a problem with Bertrand Gachot, he was way too quick and he qualified in 6th place at Monza! :lol:
MrMasaTasa

Post by MrMasaTasa »

Aerospeed wrote:
MrMasaTasa wrote:In a Batracer game, I was faster than a Ferrari... In a HRT.

Was it in academy mode? Not to downplay your achievements, but... the cars in that mode are evened out on purpose so that beginners can have a better chance of winning.

No, It was a Pro-level GP 2010 game :)
Forza Forti!
superdowg316

The Greatest F1 Race Never?

Post by superdowg316 »

Could this be the greatest F1 race that never happened in history?

So, I was playing GPM2, as you do, and , as you do, you do a four player game of the bottom teams/rejects. So I chose Pacific, Simtek, Footwork and Forti. First race in Brazil, everything is mostly good, then this happens.

I feel like this needs a 'What's this?' Nightmare before Christmas parody. Is this even possible?

EDIT: The Picture didn't show up for whatever reason, so here's the link or whatever

http://tinypic.com/r/33p9afl/5
Ole Ole Ole Senna Senna!

Why yes, I am a racing driver.
Julien

Post by Julien »

GPM is famous about bizarre results. I usually manage to become a regular point scorer with Pacific without tampering anything with the game :)
MrMasaTasa

Post by MrMasaTasa »

I got overtaken 13 times in one single turn :)

Forza Forti!
KL-racer

Post by KL-racer »

Okay, as you might notice, me and my dad are playing GT6 and here's some of the things that happened during the first three days!

Moment #1: On the first day, My dad was driving the Corvette C7 with all driving aids on in the FR challenge, and he was trying to overtake the leader at grand valley speedway turn 1, the big hairpin after pit exit, he tried to go inside but ended up in the gravel and into the wall. It was a two lap race, and it was on the second lap when this happened but somehow he still won the race by a full second after working from dead last after the incident!

Moment #2: Later on Day 1, I was doing the five-minute race at autumn ring mini in the Toyota 86, I was doing my seventh lap but I was trying to go slower than usual because I was leading by 20 or so seconds, but I accidently crossed the line with one second left on the timer, which meant I had to another lap to finish off the race!

Moment #3: The next day, My dad was driving the SLS AMG GT3 with Sports Softs equipped. He was at Monza trying to hold off the McLaren MP4-12C, in the final lap after the Parabolica, the McLaren managed to use the draft and tried to overtook him coming to the finish line, but for some odd reason, he managed to win by get this 0.007 seconds and we got a PSN trophy to boot!

EDIT: My dad was setting up the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, and he was entering a race on High speed ring, and then all the sudden the Motor sound changed to an electric motor on lap 1! It took a massive bump from the inside guardrail on the final turn to change the engine sound back to a proper Gasoline motor! Guess that was an odd glitch!

And here's another glitch for you guys to ponder, I went into the BMW dealership in GT6, and I was trying to find the M3 GT2 base model but it wasn't on the dealership list. So, what happened was that I ended up buying the 2011 M3 GT2 ALMS livered model, and then all in the sudden, the M3 GT2 Base model showed up after we got into it! Both of us were pondering, so much for wasting 350,000 CR!
Now posted to PMMF . . . F1 management 2011!

After yet another long intermission . . . I finally posted round 8. What will happen in the second half? Stay Tuned
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

So far in my career in F1 2013, there has been some very interesting stuff a happining. I'm driving at Sauber alongside Nico Hülkenberg. So far after 3 races:

Lewis Hamilton leads the WDC, followed by Rosberg, myself, Button, and Hülk.

Sauber are second in the WCC, on 66 points. Mercedes are 1st with 101. McLaren have 58.

Red Bull only has 10 points, all scored by Vettel. Webber is 22nd in the championship.

Ferrari's 17 points all have come from Alonso. Massa has lower in the standings than all the backmarkers.

Bianchi and Pic have scored a point each. Chilton is higher than van der Garde in the standings.

Toro Rosso is the only team to have not scored yet.

Very, very mixed, and I like that. I'll like to stay at Sauber and make them a championship pedigree team, to continue the turn of form.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I saw Scott Lagasse Jr. win a trucks race in NASCAR 2007. He's starkly mediocre at best in real life and probably would be lucky to see 8th.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I ran a 20% race at Monaco on F1 Challenge's 1988 mod earlier.

I even put the aggression down to 20%, thinking it wouldn't only be about 4 or 5 finishers, but it didn't help much. I was Philippe Streiff in the AGS.

As a result

1. Alain Prost
2. Ayrton Senna
3. Nigel Mansell (Him surviving attrition may be weird considering rarely finished races)
4. Derek Warwick

That's fairly normal isn't it, but then,

5. Bernd Schneider
6. Philippe Streif

Schneider's teammate Piercarlo Ghinzani didn't even qualify.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

I hope we have this in real life...

F3 cars in Chicagoland in rFactor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Np9V2PWnXI
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke