Rejects Franchise

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
IntegratorTypeR

Rejects Franchise

Post by IntegratorTypeR »

Have you guys ever thought of franchising out the Rejects format to other racing series, MotoGP for example? A MotoGP Rejects website would be interesting to see come together.
Bort

Re: Rejects Franchise

Post by Bort »

I'm pretty sure the guys don't have the word 'Rejects' copywritten or trademarked, so there is no real way they can franchise it out (unless they find a sucker with more money than sense).
You should start it up yourself.
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

Michael Schumacher would then be joining the likes of Ratankul Prutirat and Vanina Ickx as a DTM Reject.

@Enoch: the term F1 isn't protected, is it?
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

Bort wrote:I'm pretty sure the guys don't have the word 'Rejects' copywritten or trademarked, so there is no real way they can franchise it out (unless they find a sucker with more money than sense).
You should start it up yourself.

Bernie!
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Yannick wrote:Michael Schumacher would then be joining the likes of Ratankul Prutirat and Vanina Ickx as a DTM Reject.

@Enoch: the term F1 isn't protected, is it?

"Formula 1" is protected, I believe, but I don't think F1 is. I could be wrong, but there are just too many different usages of the term "F1". Like F1 powerboats, or the F1 button on a keyboard.

If I had limitless time, I would be tempted to start a DTM Reject site just for the Michael Schumacher profile. Would Allen Berg get a profile there as well, alongside his F1 Rejects profile??? :lol:
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Or perhaps NASCAR Rejects? Because then we'd see Jacques Villeneuve, Christian Fittipaldi, and Roberto Guerrero (whose NASCAR career was very Kuwashima-esque) having profiles. Of course, this is taking all liberties and including all three of NASCAR's major tours!
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Cynon wrote:Or perhaps NASCAR Rejects? Because then we'd see Jacques Villeneuve, Christian Fittipaldi, and Roberto Guerrero (whose NASCAR career was very Kuwashima-esque) having profiles. Of course, this is taking all liberties and including all three of NASCAR's major tours!

Problems with the NASCARejects thing:

1. All of the American drivers will have the same life story

2. It's not nearly as cut and dried to figure out what would constitute a reject in NASCAR, because there's so many people in a race

3. NASCAR fans, by and large, can't read (I am an exception, but I'm not big on NASCAR anymore)
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

thehemogoblin wrote:Problems with the NASCARejects thing:

2. It's not nearly as cut and dried to figure out what would constitute a reject in NASCAR, because there's so many people in a race

Doesn't driving in NASCAR make you a NASCAReject in the first place? NASCAR racing is the biggest oxymoron in sport. As Senna would have said, "You're not racing! You're driving like a :evil: :shock: :o idiot!"

DNQ

Post by DNQ »

I tell you what I'd LOVE to see ...

ATCC / V8 SUPERCAR REJECTS

Unfortunantely, even with the brilliance of the internet, information on little known Australian racing car drivers is still very limited.
Fitch

Post by Fitch »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Cynon wrote:
3. NASCAR fans, by and large, can't read (I am an exception, but I'm not big on NASCAR anymore)

No, Junior Fans, by and Large, emphasis on Large...Can't read...............

Like Mr. Law himself stated F1 isn't trademarked though FOM has TRIED several Times to try and trademark it and everytime were told there was no way you could do that.....

I say expand to include DTM, that way, there would be a Stoddart with a Profile....Just because Paul's not on here, doesn't mean his children can't be.....
Rentragmuab Tlosz!!!!!
bduddy

Post by bduddy »

thehemogoblin wrote:
Cynon wrote:Or perhaps NASCAR Rejects? Because then we'd see Jacques Villeneuve, Christian Fittipaldi, and Roberto Guerrero (whose NASCAR career was very Kuwashima-esque) having profiles. Of course, this is taking all liberties and including all three of NASCAR's major tours!

Problems with the NASCARejects thing:

1. All of the American drivers will have the same life story

Seriously, that's not necessary. Some people, including me, watch and enjoy both series.

On a less serious note, you'd definitely have to consider Nur Ali for any new site-he's already an A1GP reject, and likely approaching NASCAR reject status as well :shock:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

A1 GP Rejects must be tempting - the Greek A1 GP team springs immediately to mind alongside the already-disappeared Korean team...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

If we're to do another Reject site, we'd need something big. Something massive. Something so shocking it can run through a brick wall. We need TruckRacingRejects.com (tm)
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

LionZoo wrote:If we're to do another Reject site, we'd need something big. Something massive. Something so shocking it can run through a brick wall. We need TruckRacingRejects.com (tm)

Panelbeaters Alert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Opoa3YvHrc (sorry for the silent movie of 1907, its not my video)

Why not Superleague Formula Rejects as well? I'll admit, I was highly sceptical of the concept and thought it would just be another reject series like Premier1 that never got off the ground, but it is pretty good once you get used to the points being allocated to the cars and not the drivers, nations, or teams. The cars are fantastic with screaming 750hp V12s that sound incredible. Anyway even after one six-round season there were plenty of reject drives, namely Andy Soucek throwing away an easy win by spinning in the Jerez pit lane entry.

Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Or V8 Supercar Rejects; after today's race, Jack Perkins - the Nelson Piquet, Jnr. of Australian motorsport - would take another Reject of the Race for racing for postion whilst being a lap down and nearly taking out three of the top four cars in the process.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...