2016 IFRC season: NC race on P17, 2017 topic soon

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
Cynon

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Mexico heats up

Post by Cynon »

I demand more Donnelly shenanigans. :evil:
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Cynon wrote:I demand more Donnelly shenanigans. :evil:

So does everyone. I can't believe he actually qualified for the final - how far was he off of 9th, Nuppiz? :lol:
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

2016 IFRC season: Mexico heats up

Uh, doesn't it always?
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:2016 IFRC season: Mexico heats up

Uh, doesn't it always?

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Salamander wrote:
Cynon wrote:I demand more Donnelly shenanigans. :evil:

So does everyone. I can't believe he actually qualified for the final - how far was he off of 9th, Nuppiz? :lol:

Considering his average speed, he was lucky enough to not get lapped by Yaname. Who had to replace her front wing a couple of times :lol:

Heat 1 video
Heat 2 video
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: Mexico Final up

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of Mexico, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, April 15th-17th 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Mika Paasonen has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Alexandre Dorval.
Tetsuya Takagi has been given 3 penalty points for an unsafe pit entry which led to a collision with Marco Bizzarri.
Geoff Donnelly has been given 12 penalty points for colliding with Kevin Bainomugisha, Tetsuya Takagi and Helio Hernandez on the pitlane.
Mika Paasonen has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Paul Traversen.
Scott Marsden and Yuki Matsudate have been given 1 penalty point each for their collisions with Viktor Pasitchnjuk.

Penalty standings:
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Mathilde Thybes 13
Geoff Donnelly 12
Mika Paasonen 10
Marcos Marcia 7
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaidé Voeckler 6
Alberto Cara 6
Scott Marsden 5
Akira Yamamura 4
Serge Blanco 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Tetsuya Takagi 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Dorien Lamberigts 1
Yuki Matsudate 1

30 points lead to a one-race long ban.

Doctor's report
Que?

Championship standings
Video
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

So Paasonen scored a point but drove like a tool. lol
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Silvia Renaldi wrote:"They just started crashing in front of me and I tried to avoid it. Was hard to avoid when I committed to one lane and they crash in the brake zone... we have the pace, but perhaps I should have seen that coming before it happened." Renaldi told reporters. "I wasn't really sure who to blame for the crash, and it doesn't really matter whose fault it was, because it doesn't change the fact that we are out."

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Cynon wrote:
Silvia Renaldi wrote:"They just started crashing in front of me and I tried to avoid it. Was hard to avoid when I committed to one lane and they crash in the brake zone... we have the pace, but perhaps I should have seen that coming before it happened." Renaldi told reporters. "I wasn't really sure who to blame for the crash, and it doesn't really matter whose fault it was, because it doesn't change the fact that we are out."

It certainly was not Renaldi's fault, as she could've braked in time to avoid the accident had some of the debris (I think it was Megumi's front wheel) not hit her car, which is what made her lose control completely.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Geoff Donnelly wrote:Well, it was awful nice of these Clockwork boys to offer me a drive here in the IFRC substituting for their injured driver. They even bought me a nice pie! ... three times! ...today!

I'm not sure why everyone's so mad at me though, I tried to let everyone through when they were lapping me but obviously they didn't want to. I think maybe I need a bit more practice to get familiar with the car, and I'm sure I'll be up to speed with these young-uns in no time!
Everything's great.
Vepe

Post by Vepe »

Jan de Friis wrote:What a great weekend! I still can't believe we finished third.
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

Natsuki Yaname wrote:We had fun this weekend. It's sad the engine died at the final part of the race and the crash I was in at the start, but we were fighting hard and things look promising for the future.

Mr Winton wrote:Whilst we're disappointed that the Zytek engine gave out in the last few laps of the main event, we're extremely happy with the perfomance this weekend. We would urge the other teams and drivers to take a bit more care in their driving, being a feeder series drivers it's unrealistic to imagine that the standards of the F1RWRS are going to be possible here but motorsport is still dangerous. The on-track fatality last year must be avoided again at all costs, and there are too many accidents so far. With wings and debris going everywhere someone will get badly hurt at some point, so we'd urge the higher ups to take a look at the safety standards again. But again, we are happy with this weekend's performance with Natsuki and we are looking forward to the next race.

I can't help but laugh right as A Winner is You starts Yaname's engine died, though! :lol:
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Edward Restov Jnr wrote:We at Gazprom Restov Racing feel that the incident involving Mika Paasonen and Paul Traversen was grossly under dealt with by the race stewards.

This series was set up in the aftermath of RoLFS, a series notorious for its somewhat questionable driving standards, which culminated in the tragic death of one of its participants. Since then, a host of people have come out and said that fatalities must never happen again in motorsport. Well, with Mr Paasonen driving the way he did today, we can't rule out serious injuries or worse in the future.

Having seen the official race footage, it is clear that Mr Paasonen, on the inside line of the back straight, sailed straight past the braking point and made little attempt to either slow down or even make the corner. It is clear in my mind that he fully intended to crash into the side of Paul Traversen's car, having seen that he'd missed his braking point. This kind of behaviour needs to be stamped out immediately, and I'd like to suggest to the governing body of the IFRC to exclude Mr Paasonen from the official results of the Final of the Mexican race, and at least one subsequent event. Participants must realise that dangerous driving can not be tolerated.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

RBWRT wrote:Paasonen most certainly did nothing intentional, it was an honest mistake.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

RBWRT wrote:Paasonen most certainly did nothing intentional, it was an honest mistake.

Marco Gilbert - RTS Team Boss wrote:If that is the case, then wouldn't Mika intend to aim for the clear inside line, rather than knock out both of my drivers in a few moves? He costed us at least 20 points today, and something must be done in case he does it again.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
RonDenisDeletraz

Marco Gilbert - RTS Team Boss wrote:If that is the case, then wouldn't Mika intend to aim for the clear inside line, rather than knock out both of my drivers in a few moves? He costed us at least 20 points today, and something must be done in case he does it again.

RBWRT wrote:It was an unfortunate mistake which resulted in an accident, and for that the whole team apologises. The existing punishment by the IFRC board was sufficient. There is no need for the tinfoil hats

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: France heats

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of France, Circuit de Pau-Ville, May 6th-8th 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Heat A qualifying

Heat A race results

Heat B qualifying

Heat B race results

Stewards' report
Katie Lea Winter and Ashley Lilly have been given 2 penalty points each for colliding with Adélaïde Voeckler in Heat B
Marco Bizzarri has been given 6 penalty points for colliding with Ashley Lilly in Heat B
Viktor Pasitchnjuk has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Marco Bizzarri in Heat B

Penalty standings:
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Mathilde Thybes 13
Marcos Marcia 7
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Serge Blanco 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Ashley Lilly 2
Dorien Lamberigts 1

Doctor's report
Nada.

Emma Kickert completed less laps than Geoff Donnelly, so the top 15 from Heat A and the top 13 from Heat B advance to the final.

Highlights video for both heats
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

David Graham wrote:I'm thrilled that I'm in my first final race! I'm proud of the team for the result today. :)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer wrote:This is bloody ridiculous. This series is supposedly around to make up for the shitstorm that was RoLFS. So why the bathplug can't we get a nice, even split, 14 and 14, from each into the final? Donnelly is a talentless hack, and has been since he was born. Why should he be allowed into the final, yet Emma isn't?

Disclaimer: John's views are put a bit stronger than what I actually feel. Please note however, I am actually quite pissed and would like to know why we can't do 14 and 14.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:
John Zimmer wrote:This is bloody ridiculous. This series is supposedly around to make up for the shitstorm that was RoLFS. So why the bathplug can't we get a nice, even split, 14 and 14, from each into the final? Donnelly is a talentless hack, and has been since he was born. Why should he be allowed into the final, yet Emma isn't?

Disclaimer: John's views are put a bit stronger than what I actually feel. Please note however, I am actually quite pissed and would like to know why we can't do 14 and 14.

Well, as it turns ut I had forgottoen to include the accurate ruling on the forum (it was only available on the wiki). And I can see your point, especially when Kickert retired through no fault of his own and knowing how slow Donnelly is (about five seconds per lap slower than anyone else, which could cause trouble knowing the lack of overtaking at Pau).

There's now three things I can do:
A) Emma Kickert gets into the final instead of Geoff Donnelly: 2 (TMLW, SuperAguri)
B) Retain the current ruling
C) Have 29 cars start the race (both Donnelly and Kickert start): 2 (Wizzie, Eurobrun)

Whichever option has the most votes by 18:00 UTC today goes ahead. Only IFRC team owners are allowed to vote.

In any case, the ruling will be put up for another vote after the race to determine what should be done in the future.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

MRT vote for option C. We'll get back to you after the race for the other vote, as someone in the team's about to get a damn good thrashing in the meantime.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I vote A - Geoff Donnelly is clearly out of his depth and should be banned from the series completely.
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
RonDenisDeletraz

I vote C as well, Kickert deserves the spot more but I also want to see FATMANRACESLOL

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

THIS IS NOT CONGRESS.

You don't get to derail the entire system just because you don't like one little rule that had already been written in. IBR declares that there should be no vote whatsoever, and that the IFRC Commission get some goddamn balls and enforce its own rules properly rather than bowing to peer pressure.

Image Image
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Stramala wrote:You don't get to derail the entire system just because you don't like one little rule that had already been written in. IBR declares that there should be no vote whatsoever, and that the IFRC Commission get some goddamn balls and enforce its own rules properly rather than bowing to peer pressure.

So you are voting B then? :lol:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

SuperAguri wrote:
Stramala wrote:You don't get to derail the entire system just because you don't like one little rule that had already been written in. IBR declares that there should be no vote whatsoever, and that the IFRC Commission get some goddamn balls and enforce its own rules properly rather than bowing to peer pressure.

So you are voting B then? :lol:

Just because the end result in this one case would be similar, does not mean I vote for it. I do not. I refuse to validate the existence of such nonsense by participating. There should be no voting done by anybody, it is not of their concern. When decisions like these fall into the hands of teams, vested interests will become the deciding factor, not what is the most fair solution. And that is exactly what is happening here already.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:THIS IS NOT CONGRESS.

You don't get to derail the entire system just because you don't like one little rule that had already been written in. IBR declares that there should be no vote whatsoever, and that the IFRC Commission get some goddamn balls and enforce its own rules properly rather than bowing to peer pressure.

I think I'd have to agree; the drivers who qualify should be at the discretion of the IFRC board, not its competitors.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Ataxia wrote:
Stramala wrote:THIS IS NOT CONGRESS.

I think I'd have to agree; the drivers who qualify should be at the discretion of the IFRC board, not its competitors.

I also agree.
Everything's great.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I don't care either way, if Nuppiz wants to have a vote that's his choice.
Trump 2016
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

I don't care really in all honesty.

Nice to see Henry being respectively quick; Serge less so
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 2016 IFRC season: France final

Post by Nuppiz »

2016 IFRC Round of France, Circuit de Pau-Ville, May 6th-8th 2016, feature final:
Weather report:
Sunny

Qualifying

Race results

Stewards' report
Karl van der Zwaart has been given 4 penalty points for colliding with Dieter Hallenstein.
Alexandre Dorval has been given 3 penalty points for colliding with Dieter Hallenstein.
Scott Marsden has been given 5 penalty points for colliding with Josh Carlisle and an additional 15 penalty points for continuing the race with a damaged car (missing a front wing), causing multiple incidents. Also, he has been disqualified from the race.
Serge Blanco has been given 4 penalty points for failing to adhere to blue flags as he was being lapped by Terry Hawkin.
David Graham has been given 16 penalty points for colliding with Silvia Renaldi, Alberto Cara, Geoff Donnelly and Josh Carlisle and for driving in the wrong way.

Penalty standings:
Scott Marsden 20
David Graham 16
Salvatore Miccoli 14
Mathilde Thybes 13
Serge Blanco 8
Marcos Marcia 7
Lukas Zuber 7
Adélaïde Voeckler 6
Marco Bizzarri 6
Alberto Cara 6
Viktor Pasitchnjuk 5
Scott Marsden 4
Akira Yamamura 4
Ryan Knittefeld 4
Karl van der Zwaart 4
Jules Vergne 3
Julia Schilling 3
Emma Kickert 3
Alexandre Dorval 3
Alessandro Lucarelli 2
Yui Megumi 2
Natsuki Yaname 2
Henry Paul 2
Katie Lea Winter 2
Helio Hernandez 2
Ashley Lilly 2
Dorien Lamberigts 1

Doctor's report
Non.

Championship standings
Video
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Grand Chelem per Miccoli! FE-NO-ME-NA-LE. Grande Weekend. Forza Il Barone Rampante.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Well...Vergne did okay.

If Reatherson's car doesn't keep popping its clogs, he'd be up there with Miccoli and Hawkin.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Penalty report and links to championship standings and video added to my previous post.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Quentin Reatherson wrote:We had a very good chance of making the Final,and maybe even winning the heat,shame the car keeps on breaking down every single time. Otherwise,we would be in a championship contending position.

Paul Traversen wrote:The engine was breaking down bad,yet I faster than that Voeckler guy.He stay on inside,try to turn round him to get to pit quicker,yet he stay on inside line,thus I hit him.Didn't mean to end both our race like that"

James Linton wrote:Paul,next time,as invisible as Voeckler may appear in the results,doesn't mean he can be driven through. Now.....Graham.What the flying bathplug was that?
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Autosport wrote:Graham hospitalized with concussion after collision
During the running of the IFRC Round of France, David Graham was racing with Silvia Renaldi when the two came together and both drivers went airborne. Renaldi went on without any penalty, while Graham went over the tyre barriers before somehow landing back down on the track. Graham is expected to fully recover from the incident, but questioned the stewards' decision over the incident. "I'm surprised they didn't think Renaldi was a bit clumsy when trying to overtake me," David said in an interview at his hospital bed. "He tried to go through a space where he couldn't possibly go through and we both nearly got hit with injuries. I think the stewards had better get a better eye on the road."

Report: Graham's accelerator 'stuck' after crash
After Graham made contact with Silvio Renaldi, the driver appeared to drive in the wrong direction, taking out front wings of many cars, nearly earning a one-race ban as a result. The team, Linton-Solindahl Motorsports, found that the accelerator was damaged after the collision with Renaldi. Although the team has yet to answer on if they're lodging a protest against Renaldi and the ZimSport team due to these measures, the team and the driver is asking the stewards to remove the penalty or shorten it due to the circumstances of the car. "There is no driver on the face of the earth that would try to race in the wrong direction," David Graham's agent said by phone regarding this incident. "It doesn't follow common sense. There has to be a reasonable explanation."

Both incidents start around 8:26 in the highlights video, with the backwards incident first and the crash right after that at the nine minute mark.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:

Taking it a bit too serious, much? There were races previous to this where distance completed (regardless of which heat) trumped the top-14 rule, as can be seen here;

Nuppiz wrote:2016 IFRC Round of Australia, Penrith Speedway, April 1st-3rd 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report
Qualifying: Overcast
Heat races: Overcast-rain-overcast-rain-overcast

Heat A race results
Fastest lap: Yui Megumi, 0:55.527 on lap 37

Heat B race results
Fastest lap: Hobson Tarantino, 0:56.056 on lap 37

With this much attrition, we have to look for the qualifiers for the final based on how many laps the retired drivers completed. From Heat A, the top 15 qualify, so Quentin Reatherson is the last driver to continue from this heat. From Heat B, the top 15 with the exception of van der Zwaart and A. Voeckler qualify, so Nobuo Takahashi is the last driver to continue from this heat.

...and here...

Nuppiz wrote:2016 IFRC Round of Mexico, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, April 15th-17th 2016, semifinal heats:
Weather report:
Sunny all along.

Heat A race results
FL: Natsuki Yaname, 1:16.804 on lap 18

Heat B race results
FL: Marco Bizzarri, 1:17.492 on lap 20

Once again there were less than 28 finishers overall, so we'll have to look at who completed the most laps before retiring. As it turns out the cutoff is at half distance, so from Heat A the top 16 advance, while from Heat B the top 12 advance to the final.

In other words, Donnelly had every right to be in the Pau Final... though I certainly would not have objected to some officialdom shenanigans to put 29 cars on the grid! :mrgreen: It's not like I haven't made any ridiculous decisions just for the hell of it before or anything...

Needless to say, though, I'd be really annoyed if you pulled the team because I put a fair bit of effort into that livery. :evil: If that's indeed the case, then Renaldi will be replacing Katie Lea Winter in the #42 car.

Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Aerospeed wrote:
Autosport wrote:Graham hospitalized with concussion after collision
During the running of the IFRC Round of France, David Graham was racing with Silvia Renaldi when the two came together and both drivers went airborne. Renaldi went on without any penalty, while Graham went over the tyre barriers before somehow landing back down on the track. Graham is expected to fully recover from the incident, but questioned the stewards' decision over the incident. "I'm surprised they didn't think Renaldi was a bit clumsy when trying to overtake me," David said in an interview at his hospital bed. "He tried to go through a space where he couldn't possibly go through and we both nearly got hit with injuries. I think the stewards had better get a better eye on the road."

Report: Graham's accelerator 'stuck' after crash
After Graham made contact with Silvio Renaldi, the driver appeared to drive in the wrong direction, taking out front wings of many cars, nearly earning a one-race ban as a result. The team, Linton-Solindahl Motorsports, found that the accelerator was damaged after the collision with Renaldi. Although the team has yet to answer on if they're lodging a protest against Renaldi and the ZimSport team due to these measures, the team and the driver is asking the stewards to remove the penalty or shorten it due to the circumstances of the car. "There is no driver on the face of the earth that would try to race in the wrong direction," David Graham's agent said by phone regarding this incident. "It doesn't follow common sense. There has to be a reasonable explanation."

Both incidents start around 8:26 in the highlights video, with the backwards incident first and the crash right after that at the nine minute mark.

Stewards' response wrote:The collision shouldn't have happened in the first place, because Renaldi was about to lap Graham, with the latter refusing to yield to blue flags. Therefore, it was determined that Renaldi was not at fault here because Graham should've moved aside already before the corner.

However, we accept the explanation of a stuck throttle leading to the aftermath of the incident and have reduced the amount of penalty points given to Mr. Graham.

OOC: while such a thing as stuck throttle doesn't exist in F1C game mechanics, it was ultimately the AI's lack of understanding of using the reverse gear which led to Graham driving in the wrong way.
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

Natsuki Yaname wrote:I am very happy with 3rd place, the team are well focused behind us and we look forward to the next race.

Mr Winton wrote:Woohoo! A podium! I was scared that we'd be taken out again but we scored some crucial points today for our hope to be a feared midfield team. Very happy with the result, now we just need to equal and better this!

I lol'd at Dorval doing a Coulthard, can't imagine RTS is too happy with him! :lol:
Last edited by DalekSam on 17 Oct 2013, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

Matt Brinson wrote:Still recovering from the accident, thanks to everyone for the support! The plan remains to be back at Italy.