The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Pieman

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Pieman »

Disappointment for fans of Andy Neate rejectdom - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109394
Forza Forti
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Pieman wrote:Disappointment for fans of Andy Neate rejectdom - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109394

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Just got round to watching highlights of the Nurburgring DTM. I think I may have come down with a serious case of WICKENSMANIA :P
TORA! TORA! TORA!
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Just got round to watching highlights of the Nurburgring DTM. I think I may have come down with a serious case of WICKENSMANIA :P

He gets to keep his win this time, doesn't he?
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Rob Austin takes pole! :mrgreen:

He's looked impressively quick all weekend, so maybe, just maybe, he'll get his and Sherman's first BTCC victory tomorrow morning. But Turkington is on the front row as well, so it will be tough.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Great run by Danny Welch in the Proton, who will be starting 10th tomorrow. Good to see some of the new guys really step it up, although knowing Welch's luck, the man will get some bad luck thrown his way. The man can't catch a break.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Two wins for Turkington, and a superb lights to flag victory for Andrew Jordan in Race 3. He's now only 6 points behind Matt Neal, Turkington now third in the championship. The big loser in all of this is Shedden, with a massive engine failure in Race 3 pretty much dropping him away from contention.

Shoutouts to Rob Austin, a 3rd, a 2nd and a 5th today, and Dan Welch for dragging the Proton to 7th in Race 3.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
andrew

Post by andrew »

Turkington has been disqualified from race 3 for a boost limit problem

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/08/ ... ace-three/
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:
Pieman wrote:Disappointment for fans of Andy Neate rejectdom - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109394

I sometimes wonder what forum Salamander is on. We should be saluting Andy Neate for at least trying to race for success after all it is F1 Rejects ;) Someone should create NeateMania should he return and do something along the lines of Max Chilton
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:

I sometimes wonder what forum Salamander is on. We should be saluting Andy Neate for at least trying to race for success after all it is F1 Rejects ;) Someone should create NeateMania should he return and do something along the lines of Max Chilton

It's F1Rejects.com, not BTCCCrashmagnets.com. So, uh, yeah...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Ataxia wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I sometimes wonder what forum Salamander is on. We should be saluting Andy Neate for at least trying to race for success after all it is F1 Rejects ;) Someone should create NeateMania should he return and do something along the lines of Max Chilton

It's F1Rejects.com, not BTCCCrashmagnets.com. So, uh, yeah...

Yeah but still doesn't mean we can't salute the backmarkers in other motorsports other than F1 If you know what i mean. No harm in that
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:

No bloody way. I have no time for talentless lunatics like Andy Neate who are a real danger to everyone else on the track.
Everything's great.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Salamander wrote:No bloody way. I have no time for talentless lunatics like Andy Neate who are a real danger to everyone else on the track.

He caused no harm at Snetterton now did he and he did qualify 3rd at Oulton in 2011 so he's got something unlike that lunatic Chris James. Give him some credit because although he can be a nuisance no one likes to see one humiliated.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Yeah but still doesn't mean we can't salute the backmarkers in other motorsports other than F1 If you know what i mean. No harm in that

This is why I was so disappointed when David Ragan won at Talladega in NASCAR for the rejectful Front Row Motorsports. Sure it proves he has talent, but it also removes a team from being the Osella of NASCAR. Neate giving up his seat would be sad as we might see it's the driver and not the car.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
Salamander wrote:No bloody way. I have no time for talentless lunatics like Andy Neate who are a real danger to everyone else on the track.

He caused no harm at Snetterton now did he and he did qualify 3rd at Oulton in 2011 so he's got something unlike that lunatic Chris James. Give him some credit because although he can be a nuisance no one likes to see one humiliated.

I don't care. What he did at Brands Hatch last year was totally inexcusable. I will die a happy man if he never races again.

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Yeah but still doesn't mean we can't salute the backmarkers in other motorsports other than F1 If you know what i mean. No harm in that

This is why I was so disappointed when David Ragan won at Talladega in NASCAR for the rejectful Front Row Motorsports. Sure it proves he has talent, but it also removes a team from being the Osella of NASCAR. Neate giving up his seat would be sad as we might see it's the driver and not the car.

He gave it up for Clio Cup driver Mike Bushell, who's nothing special himself but at least he isn't a complete and utter liability and safety hazard. He didn't score any points at Knockhill.
Everything's great.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Bushell was running in the points in Race 3, until an incident with Aron Smith put him out. I know Snetterton was the defacto shakedown for the NGTC Cruze, but Bushell did seem a heck of a lot faster than Neate was. Hopefully he'll get another go, as Neate has said in some interviews that he plans to build another Cruze for 2014.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:Bushell was running in the points in Race 3, until an incident with Aron Smith put him out. I know Snetterton was the defacto shakedown for the NGTC Cruze, but Bushell did seem a heck of a lot faster than Neate was. Hopefully he'll get another go, as Neate has said in some interviews that he plans to build another Cruze for 2014.

Fair enough. I didn't see him run, but he did actually put the Cruze places that aren't dead last on the timesheet, so...
Everything's great.
andrew

Post by andrew »

Salamander wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Bushell was running in the points in Race 3, until an incident with Aron Smith put him out. I know Snetterton was the defacto shakedown for the NGTC Cruze, but Bushell did seem a heck of a lot faster than Neate was. Hopefully he'll get another go, as Neate has said in some interviews that he plans to build another Cruze for 2014.

Fair enough. I didn't see him run, but he did actually put the Cruze places that aren't dead last on the timesheet, so...

Speaking of the incident Aron Smith has been penalised and has a 6 place grid penealty for Rockingham he also got 3 points on his licence and a £500 fine. Foster got a reprimand for the race 1 incident with oNeill
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

andrew wrote:
Salamander wrote:

Speaking of the incident Aron Smith has been penalised and has a 6 place grid penealty for Rockingham he also got 3 points on his licence and a £500 fine. Foster got a reprimand for the race 1 incident with oNeill

That is wrong IMO as Foster's incedent looked much more unavoidable than Smith's in my mind
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Having finally completed watching the 2012 BTCC season, the transformation of Adam Morgan this season is incredible. At nearly every meeting last season, he was throwing the car off the road or getting caught up in accidents. This season, he's 7th in the championship, and I dare say he might get his first win soon. It's like he's done a De Cesaris in the space of one season, going from being crashtastic to a consistant and dependable driver.
Samster

Post by Samster »

More reshuffling at TGR for Rockingham. Tom Onslow-Cole will step out of the Passat for the rest of the season with Andy Wilmott replacing him. Meanwhile Howard Fuller will finally make his 2013 debut in one of the Insignias replacing Paul O'Neill (a candidate for a full time drive in 2014 however). He will run at Rockingham and Silverstone as he did last season while Wilmott is currently only signed for Rockingham. Finally Jack Goff returns to the second Passat for the rest of the season.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/09/ ... am-racing/
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Go home Tony Gilham. First he was being too ambitious with all the cars he wanted. And now he is doing musical chairs with the drivers. I feel a bit sorry for TOC as he was the only one to really acheive anything in Gilham's cars.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Samster

Post by Samster »

eurobrun wrote:Go home Tony Gilham. First he was being too ambitious with all the cars he wanted. And now he is doing musical chairs with the drivers. I feel a bit sorry for TOC as he was the only one to really acheive anything in Gilham's cars.

It sounds like it was TOC's decision to leave as I've read that he's looking for a championship contending car.
midgrid

Post by midgrid »

Onslow-Cole has also made noises about wanting to race GT cars, and has recently tested for Aston Martin.
"One day Bruno told me that he had heard the engine momentarily making a strange sound; his suspicion was that all the cylinders had been operating."
--Nigel Roebuck
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Trump 2016
Samster

Post by Samster »

TOC joins Motorbase to run their third Focus. Together with Jackson and Smith this is probably the best overall lineup outside of Honda. If only their car was competitive. :(

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/09/ ... ance-deal/
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

MG lockout the front row for Race 1 at Rockingham tomorrow. Rob Austin and Sherman have fought their way to 3rd, and Andrew Jordan is the highest-placed Honda in 4th.

Motorbase are struggling for pace yet again, Frank Wrathall was absolutely nowhere (like he's been all season) and the Jack Sears Trophy category is turning into a farce as there's only three S2000 cars at Rockingham (Lea Wood, Liam Griffin and some bloke by the name of David Nye, who I've never heard of until today. :lol: )
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

East Londoner wrote:some bloke by the name of David Nye, who I've never heard of until today.

Apparently David Nye is 55 years old :shock: :shock: :?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

ROB AUSTIN WINS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Trump 2016
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

Dark77 wrote:ROB AUSTIN WINS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I just saw that. Thoroughly deserved and lets hope there's more to come. This win is comparable to Paul O Neill's win at Oulton Park in 2002.

Matt Neal meanwhile is Experiencing another weekend like Silverstone last year and Sheds podium has knocked him to 3rd in the Championship. Howard Fuller has to take ROTR for thinking he was Alex Wurz at France 2000 with a pathetic lunge at Andrew Jordan taking him straight off the track. Meanwhile Andy Neate was involved in the opening race pile-up but for once it wasn't his fault.
Last edited by Alextrax52 on 15 Sep 2013, 14:22, edited 1 time in total.
takagi_for_the_win

Dark77 wrote:ROB AUSTIN WINS!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My nipples explode with delight!!! :P :D
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Meanwhile Andy Neate was involved in the opening race pile-up but for once it wasn't his fault.

Bloody hell, there's a first :D
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
takagi_for_the_win

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Howard Fuller has to take ROTR for thinking he was Alex Wurz at France 2000 with a pathetic lunge at Andrew Jordan taking him straight off the track.

Wait, what happened to Jordan?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Howard Fuller has to take ROTR for thinking he was Alex Wurz at France 2000 with a pathetic lunge at Andrew Jordan taking him straight off the track.

Wait, what happened to Jordan?

Jordan has a bit of Onslow Cole-itis: Absolutely crap when he has full ballast but flies when he has a small amount or none at all. But Fuller's moment was just pure Reject Gold in my eyes
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Having finally completed watching the 2012 BTCC season, the transformation of Adam Morgan this season is incredible. At nearly every meeting last season, he was throwing the car off the road or getting caught up in accidents. This season, he's 7th in the championship, and I dare say he might get his first win soon. It's like he's done a De Cesaris in the space of one season, going from being crashtastic to a consistant and dependable driver.

While the rise of Morgan has been Great the decline of Frank Wrathall has been astonishing. This was a man who took his first win in the last round of 2012 and looked like he was a man on the up and 6th place in the first race of this season seemed to cement his status. However an awful 2nd race at Brands where he took other cars out of the race has really set the tone for his season. Going into Rockingham he was down in 16th in the standings on just 59pts only 6pts ahead of Dan Welch in the PROTON!! which according to Stramala won't win anything whether you put a driver like Jason Plato or a driver like Andy Neate in it. Just astonishing.

Forgot about the double post sorry :oops:
takagi_for_the_win

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Jordan has a bit of Onslow Cole-itis: Absolutely crap when he has full ballast but flies when he has a small amount or none at all. But Fuller's moment was just pure Reject Gold in my eyes

No, he's not. The guy is a legit title contender, probably better than Neal atm, so for you to say he's "absolutely crap" is ludicrous.

What I meant in my last post was did Jordan carry on and get points, or was he forced to retire?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:Jordan has a bit of Onslow Cole-itis: Absolutely crap when he has full ballast but flies when he has a small amount or none at all. But Fuller's moment was just pure Reject Gold in my eyes

No, he's not. The guy is a legit title contender, probably better than Neal atm, so for you to say he's "absolutely crap" is ludicrous.

What I meant in my last post was did Jordan carry on and get points, or was he forced to retire?

Oh I see what you mean. My Apologies Jordan was on for 10th until Collard suffered a puncture and Neal suffered apparent brake issues which promoted Jordan to 8th and as it turned out reserved grid pole with no ballast at all. But having started from pole in Race 2 i was shocked at how sharply he fell down the order which gave me the thought of whether Jordan can only do well when he has no ballast because he had the full 45kg for that race and just fell backwards.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Another pile up at the start of race three, Jeff Smith getting his Civic sideways which caused Collard and Goff to slam into the barriers. :roll:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Another win for Andrew Jordan, which means he carries a 30 point lead over Shedden into the final two rounds. Expect him to be absolutely nowhere at Silverstone, as the boost regulations bathplug him over. :(
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Another win for Andrew Jordan, which means he carries a 30 point lead over Shedden into the final two rounds. Expect him to be absolutely nowhere at Silverstone, as the boost regulations bathplug him over. :(

Does that mean wins for MG?