The reject youtube thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Londoner

Re: The reject youtube thread

Post by Londoner »

Oh crikey, Muller's got a fire on the front of his car!

The crazy final round of the 2001 BTCC season, including Steve Soper's career-ending smash, the title fight between Muller and Plato being decided in the last few laps of the season, and some of the worst weather conditions I've ever seen a race run in. Also the final BTCC event to be shown on the BBC.

Whatever happened to Team Egg:Sport?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:Whatever happened to Team Egg:Sport?

It was just a B-team for Triple 8.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Whatever happened to Team Egg:Sport?

It was just a B-team for Triple 8.

I always had a soft spot for Egg:Sport, along with the Atomic Kitten endorsed team :oops: :oops:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:So far in my CART 1999 adventure, all the races I've watched have no ads (the uploader cut them out), but the US 500 video has two, which gave me a good chuckle! Good compliment to another superb race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy17KsKb ... re=related (32:00-33:00)

Just catching up on this thread. I think the most amusing thing about this video is if you watch the first advert and then see what happens right after the break...
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

watka wrote:
Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:So far in my CART 1999 adventure, all the races I've watched have no ads (the uploader cut them out), but the US 500 video has two, which gave me a good chuckle! Good compliment to another superb race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy17KsKb ... re=related (32:00-33:00)

Just catching up on this thread. I think the most amusing thing about this video is if you watch the first advert and then see what happens right after the break...

Nice to see a younger pre-F1 Montoya in one of those commercials.
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
takagi_for_the_win

No doubt if Bennett tried that on Plato, we'd still be hearing about it now :roll:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

This is something Andy Neate would do.
takagi_for_the_win

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:

This is something Andy Neate would do.

You think Andy Neate would be in any position to even think about overtaking anyone?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Does anyone remember or have the Brands Hatch race where both Triple-8 Astras took each other off? I think it was Thompson and Muller.

I remember watching it on TV as it happened. But since then I have been unable to find it.

(I was around 7 or 8 at the time)
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

BTCC at Donington last year, race three

Amateur hour between laps 1 and 4, the expected Andy Neate brainfade halfway through, and Plato up to his old tricks against Shedden later on.

And yes, I know it's a Dailymotion video, but it seems TOCA have gone to war with people posting full length BTCC races on Youtube. :evil:
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:BTCC at Donington last year, race three

Amateur hour between laps 1 and 4, the expected Andy Neate brainfade halfway through, and Plato up to his old tricks against Shedden later on.

And yes, I know it's a Dailymotion video, but it seems TOCA have gone to war with people posting full length BTCC races on Youtube. :evil:

How on earth was that accident Neate's fault? It was Liam Griffin's by turning in on Chris James.
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:
East Londoner wrote:BTCC at Donington last year, race three

How on earth was that accident Neate's fault? It was Liam Griffin's by turning in on Chris James.

It was Neate's fault because East Londoner was talking about a completely different accident to that of Griffin-James. Specifically, the one on the next lap, where Neate cut across (I think) Aron Smith on the pit-straight and fired himself at the barrier. You know, the one at 6:25 in the video; the one that actually involved Neate.
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

That made me actually lol. There really are some wonderful members on here who don't engage brain before fingers engage keyboard.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Some BTCC fails

Two great moments here, first at 0:48, "Och eye John, they knew who you are!" from Murray Walker, as Mr Cleland shouts some obscenities in his ruined Vauxhall.

And later on, "This is David. Bintcliffe's done it again and the car's f***ed!" :lol:

Potentially silly question, but who's the commentator at 3:58?
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I *think* that's Barry Nutley, a dead ringer for that awful bloody commentator that ITV saddled us with last year. IIRC he mainly did bikes but occasionally did cars when Murray wasn't available.
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Two more pre-qualifying videos. However these videos are shorter than the others.

Interlagos in 1991

Followed by Imola
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

FullMetalJack wrote:Two more pre-qualifying videos. However these videos are shorter than the others.
Interlagos in 1991
Followed by Imola

I started watching F1 in 1990 and though one of my memories of the middle-to-back of the grid from that year was getting to know who Andrea de Cesaris was via Murray Walker getting excited when he got it wrong (again), it never occurred to me exactly how badly they'd screwed up that year, especially given that I could count the times I heard JJ Lehto, Gabriele Tarquini and Yannick Dalmas mentioned on air on the fingers of one hand, such was the propensity of Onyx/Monteverdi and AGS to be eliminated in the qualifying sessions. But still, the Scuds finished behind both those notorious reject teams and ended up in pre-qualifying for 1991... alongside newboys Jordan, where those two teams were clearly in a different league from the other pre-qualifiers. And still, four of those proper backmarkers managed to get through the pre-qualifying lottery - once each for Larini and van de Poele and two appearances for Olivier "Maginot Line" Grouillard. Emanuele Pirro in particular must have been kicking himself for missing out at Imola - a DNPQ on the weekend with the crazy race that handed his team-mate a step on the podium and a trophy? What must he have thought? "One day, Jyrki, I'll have five Le Mans wins to my name, and you'll be staring a jail sentence in the face..." Bertrand Gachot thought it best not to comment.

Are there any prequalifying sessions from 1989 out there?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

dinizintheoven wrote:
FullMetalJack wrote:Two more pre-qualifying videos. However these videos are shorter than the others.
Interlagos in 1991
Followed by Imola

I started watching F1 in 1990 and though one of my memories of the middle-to-back of the grid from that year was getting to know who Andrea de Cesaris was via Murray Walker getting excited when he got it wrong (again), it never occurred to me exactly how badly they'd screwed up that year, especially given that I could count the times I heard JJ Lehto, Gabriele Tarquini and Yannick Dalmas mentioned on air on the fingers of one hand, such was the propensity of Onyx/Monteverdi and AGS to be eliminated in the qualifying sessions. But still, the Scuds finished behind both those notorious reject teams and ended up in pre-qualifying for 1991... alongside newboys Jordan, where those two teams were clearly in a different league from the other pre-qualifiers. And still, four of those proper backmarkers managed to get through the pre-qualifying lottery - once each for Larini and van de Poele and two appearances for Olivier "Maginot Line" Grouillard. Emanuele Pirro in particular must have been kicking himself for missing out at Imola - a DNPQ on the weekend with the crazy race that handed his team-mate a step on the podium and a trophy? What must he have thought? "One day, Jyrki, I'll have five Le Mans wins to my name, and you'll be staring a jail sentence in the face..." Bertrand Gachot thought it best not to comment.

Are there any prequalifying sessions from 1989 out there?

I'm not sure if there is for 1989.

Brazilian Grand Prix would be good to watch, as 5 cars got through for that race.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

dinizintheoven wrote:Are there any prequalifying sessions from 1989 out there?

Monaco 1989
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Barbazza wrote:I *think* that's Barry Nutley, a dead ringer for that awful bloody commentator that ITV saddled us with last year. IIRC he mainly did bikes but occasionally did cars when Murray wasn't available.

It is indeed Nutley, and you're correct that he was mainly a motorcycle commentator and was extremely excitable.
Forza Forti
johnnyCarwash

Post by johnnyCarwash »

Kamui gets his chance to drive a F1 Ferrari in Moscow then bins it
The ChiltonCraze at the British Grand Prix
FIA driver press conference announcer wrote:On pole position for his home grand prix for the first time, Max Chilton
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

No idea what or where this is...but even if you can;'t understand the language,you understand that this is a twit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURZnnsaDOI
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Sexy Babe Assaulted by Motorcycle
http://youtu.be/QL7isz8Sq9I
-*:-
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx wrote:No idea what or where this is...but even if you can;'t understand the language,you understand that this is a twit....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xURZnnsaDOI

You dare calling Petter Solberg a twit? Not on my watch! :twisted:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:
Sexy Babe Assaulted by Motorcycle
http://youtu.be/QL7isz8Sq9I

:lol:
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Don't know if this has been posted before, but it includes a lot of stuff I've never seen or heard. Thanks WTF1: http://wtf1.co.uk/moar-ten-minutes-of-h ... eam-radio/
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

OK, OK he's no reject but he was when this was filmed seeing as he was doing a bit for Brabham.

Heres some footage of Damon Hill testing the Williams FW14b in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsDFFeyZfKg
Just For One Day...
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

http://youtu.be/TDDkejhducQ

Esteban Tuero Minardi Test Mugello
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx

Post by MyHamsterRacedAnOnyx »

When Indycar pit stops go bad....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4sdBi1nPRU
Some people are looking for the meaning of life.Me,I'll be satisfied with a cute girl who can tell her Andrea Moda from her AGS...
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm starting to become very angry with Google.
I've had my Youtube account since early 2006, and earlier today I got some message that I needed to link my YT account with my Google account.
I thought I did everything right, but now when I go to my YT channel, the channel 'name' has been changed to just the e-mail address I use, and all my favorited videos are gone! All of them. I had an amazing (to me) library of videos in my 'Favorites', close to 4000 of them. And now they are gone, in fact my whole channel has been cleaned out.
-*:-
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Jocke1 wrote::evil: :evil: :evil:
I'm starting to become very angry with Google.
I've had my Youtube account since early 2006, and earlier today I got some message that I needed to link my YT account with my Google account.
I thought I did everything right, but now when I go to my YT channel, the channel 'name' has been changed to just the e-mail address I use, and all my favorited videos are gone! All of them. I had an amazing (to me) library of videos in my 'Favorites', close to 4000 of them. And now they are gone, in fact my whole channel has been cleaned out.

I had that problem today on my phone. I have no idea why though, since I linked my YouTube and Google accounts together months ago.

Try logging out and logging back in with your YouTube account name.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.