Conspiracy theories part 18

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
kevinbotz

Re: Conspiracy theories part 18

Post by kevinbotz »

The saga takes an extra twist.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Hang on, if a sniper shot Vettel in the leg, how the heck was Vettel fastest in Practice 2 today?
A clone? Is the real Vettel laying in a secret hospital right now? :?
-*:-
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

kevinbotz wrote:Image

The saga takes an extra twist.

The perfect F1-themed desktop background,
Check out the position of the sun on 2 August at 20:08 in my garden

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Who are the two mystery people? And what is their hidden agenda?
The right one looks like Charlie Whiting, doesn't it? Look at the hair and body proportions.

Isn't it enough that he keeps track of the drivers every move out on the circuits, and lays down the law if need be.
Is he now also secretly scrutineering what they eat, as well?

And who is the character to the left?
It looks like a woman?

Larger photo:
http://imageshack.us/a/img189/1951/p02l.png
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Jocke1 wrote:

Also worryingly at least five of the drivers have gone for the light grey top + jeans combo. (Assuming Webber and Vettel are wearing jeans). Some sort of grey gang? Did they decide to coordinate their outfits in an attempt to alienate and/or creep out the others?
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:Also worryingly at least five of the drivers have gone for the light grey top + jeans combo. (Assuming Webber and Vettel are wearing jeans). Some sort of grey gang? Did they decide to coordinate their outfits in an attempt to alienate and/or creep out the others?

Just grey boring unimaginative people.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

14 Hundred Hours wrote: Also worryingly at least five of the drivers have gone for the light grey top + jeans combo. (Assuming Webber and Vettel are wearing jeans). Some sort of grey gang? Did they decide to coordinate their outfits in an attempt to alienate and/or creep out the others?

I noticed this, too.
Not only are Kobayashi, Glock, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, and to a degree Ricciardo (kind of dark, light grey), going for a light grey top + jeans combo.
They have all got German connections in one way or another, as well. (!)

Kobayashi - Raced for a German team (BMW Sauber).
Glock - Is German.
Rosberg - Is German.
Vettel - Is German.
Webber - German teammate. (Mercedes Le Mans career)
Ricciardo - Has raced with German engines; Volkswagen, Mercedes and BMW!

:?

Scary stuff.
What are they planning to do?
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

Jocke1 wrote:
14 Hundred Hours wrote: Also worryingly at least five of the drivers have gone for the light grey top + jeans combo. (Assuming Webber and Vettel are wearing jeans). Some sort of grey gang? Did they decide to coordinate their outfits in an attempt to alienate and/or creep out the others?

I noticed this, too.
Not only are Kobayashi, Glock, Rosberg, Vettel, Webber, and to a degree Ricciardo (kind of dark, light grey), going for a light grey top + jeans combo.

Glock - Is German.
Rosberg - Is German.
Vettel - Is German.

Scary stuff.

Kobayashi had a German teammate in Heidfeld, to strengthen the German connection.

Allard Kalff in 1994 wrote:OH!! Schumacher in the wall! Right in front of us, Michael Schumacher is in the wall! He's hit the pitwall, he c... Ah, it's Jos Verstappen.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

good_Ralf wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

I noticed this, too.

Glock - Is German.
Rosberg - Is German.
Vettel - Is German.

Scary stuff.

Kobayashi had a German teammate in Heidfeld, to strengthen the German connection.

They got to Nick, too? :o
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

Jocke1 wrote:They got to Nick, too? :o

He's behind it all! Because of many people being "slightly bored" by him he's decided to wear his boringness as a badge of honour. And grey is a traditionally boring colour...
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:

He's behind it all! Because of many people being "slightly bored" by him he's decided to wear his boringness as a badge of honour. And grey is a traditionally boring colour...

Hot dang, you're right !

Jeans + light greyish top + light grey helmet...it all checks out.
This is all like some sort of light-grey German mafia crime syndicate thing-a-majig. :|
good_Ralf

Post by good_Ralf »

At my college earlier this year, in a chemistry lesson my friend joked to me, "The ghost of Ayrton Senna is speaking to you through me. He says that if you turn on the laboratory taps at full power, Vettel will lose a wheel at the next race." I thought his remarks were so funny I kind of believed what he said, leading to him asking - "Are you gullable?" The next race was Spain 2013 and of course, that was the race where van der Garde lost a wheel instead!

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Jocke1 wrote:
14 Hundred Hours wrote:

Hot dang, you're right !

Jeans + light greyish top + light grey helmet...it all checks out.
This is all like some sort of light-grey German mafia crime syndicate thing-a-majig. :|

Are there any photos of Quick Nick holding a light grey manbag? Just to give us concrete proof, y'know
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I see people are debating as to why or whether or not Ro-Gro should have received those penalties today.
But it's obvious to me as to why he got them, and the background to it all.

Those of you who follow McNish on twitter, https://twitter.com/AllanMcNish, remember that McNish put up this picture of a book he got in December as a christmas present from one of his kids:
A History of the British at War - by Lawrence James

reading it, Allan must have gotten so enraged at the Anglo-French War (1627–29), where the result was a French victory.

The conflict followed the failure of the Anglo-French alliance of 1624, in which England had tried to find an ally in France against the power of the Habsburg. French politics evolved otherwise however as Cardinal Richelieu came to power in 1624. In 1625, Richelieu used English warships to vanquish the Huguenots at the Siege of Saint-Martin-de-Ré (1625), triggering outrage in England.

In 1626, France actually concluded a secret peace with Spain, and disputes arose around Henrietta Maria's household. Furthermore, France was building the power of its Navy, leading the English to be convinced that France must be opposed "for reasons of state".

In June 1626, Walter Montagu was sent to France to contact dissident noblemen, and from March 1627 started to organize a French rebellion. The plan was to send an English fleet to encourage rebellion, as a new Huguenot revolt by Duke Henri de Rohan and his brother Soubise was being triggered.

Now, since McNish was serving as governing body FIA's driver representative steward at this years Hungarian Grand Prix,
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2980 ... r-hungary/
he got an excuse to get even in his own pathetic little way.
Yes, he has been a steward before, but this was the most perfect opportunity he has had at exacting revenge on the French.

Personally, I think it's revolting.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Jocke1 wrote:I see people are debating as to why or whether or not Ro-Gro should have received those penalties today.
But it's obvious to me as to why he got them, and the background to it all.

Those of you who follow McNish on twitter, https://twitter.com/AllanMcNish, remember that McNish put up this picture of a book he got in December as a christmas present from one of his kids:
A History of the British at War - by Lawrence James

reading it, Allan must have gotten so enraged at the Anglo-French War (1627–29), where the result was a French victory.

The conflict followed the failure of the Anglo-French alliance of 1624, in which England had tried to find an ally in France against the power of the Habsburg. French politics evolved otherwise however as Cardinal Richelieu came to power in 1624. In 1625, Richelieu used English warships to vanquish the Huguenots at the Siege of Saint-Martin-de-Ré (1625), triggering outrage in England.

In 1626, France actually concluded a secret peace with Spain, and disputes arose around Henrietta Maria's household. Furthermore, France was building the power of its Navy, leading the English to be convinced that France must be opposed "for reasons of state".

In June 1626, Walter Montagu was sent to France to contact dissident noblemen, and from March 1627 started to organize a French rebellion. The plan was to send an English fleet to encourage rebellion, as a new Huguenot revolt by Duke Henri de Rohan and his brother Soubise was being triggered.

Now, since McNish was serving as governing body FIA's driver representative steward at this years Hungarian Grand Prix,
http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2980 ... r-hungary/
he got an excuse to get even in his own pathetic little way.
Yes, he has been a steward before, but this was the most perfect opportunity he has had at exacting revenge on the French.

Personally, I think it's revolting.

Oh. My. God.
That may go to great lengths as to why GGRRJJNN got done for 2 legit overtakes
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Stramala wrote:About Italian law; I've never understood it at all. All of the time, I see people being sentenced to X years in jail, but then never actually setting foot in a jail. For example, Luciano Moggi, sentenced to five years in prison for fraud, yet has never been sent to a prison. Ditto Berlusconi. What's up with that?

This doesn't work with ordinary people: if they're sentenced to jail, they're sent to jail. If people with a lot of money are sentenced to jail, usually they will never be in a jail.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Are there any photos of Quick Nick holding a light grey manbag? Just to give us concrete proof, y'know

Oh dear :|
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I think the inevitable conspiracy theorists who still don't like Giedo Van der Garde will be saying that Heikki Kovalainen kidnapped Van der Garde in Monaco Hungary and Belgium and drove under Giedo's name before releasing Van der Garde to take the credit for heroics he had nothing to do with.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Freeze-O-Kimi wrote:I think the inevitable conspiracy theorists who still don't like Giedo Van der Garde will be saying that Heikki Kovalainen kidnapped Van der Garde in Monaco Hungary and Belgium and drove under Giedo's name before releasing Van der Garde to take the credit for heroics he had nothing to do with.

Well, somehow, GVDG has seem to become one of the most popular drivers and seem to have found his talent again that got him the test seat at Super Aguri and Spyker. Well, action speaks louder than, well, other action.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Stand up, everyone!

And I mean for real this time :o .

David Ward (FIA Foundation), the man who will contest current FIA president Jean Todt in the forthcoming FIA elections in September,
was interviewed on 19 March, 2013.
http://youtu.be/W1bVMbbtSBY?t=18s

At the moment there is about 1.3 million people killed every year in road injury.

Alright.

But I remember someone...oh who was it now....oh yeah, Alex Wurz!
He said on the 10th of June, 2007, while being interviewed in the press conference on his 3rd place in the Canadian Grand Prix:
we have 1049 people dying in traffic accidents every day around the world and that is too many

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/6/6261.html

Now, this seems very odd to me. And more than a few alarm bells are ringing here.

My calculator shows that 1049 people times 365 days, comes to 382 885 people. Your calculators
come to the same conclusion, I trust?

So we have Alex Wurz on one side, saying that 382 885 people are dying in traffic every year.
And we have David Ward on the other, saying 1 300 000 people are dying in traffic every year.

:shock:

Who can we trust?
This isn't just give or take, one or two, this is a discrepancy of a million people!

What happens to these 1 million people every year that gets lost in between Wurz's and Ward's counting?

Organ harvesting? By the FIA?
Or, as someone suggested, that our reptilian leaders are eating them!

I searched Google and found some pretty interesting things:

All I know is, I don't want to go missing. But who can really feel safe?
It might be my/your turn next...
apple2009

Post by apple2009 »

FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Hey, look! It's Alan Shoe Trader!

:lol: (referring to apple2009)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

I thought that the Wurz conspiracy was nonsense. And it makes complete sense...
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Webber's Q and R results from the first 4 races of 2012*:
Q: 5, R: 4 (+4.547)
Q: 4, R: 4 (+17.688)
Q: 7, R: 4 (+27.974)
Q: 3, R: 4 (+38.788)
8 fours after 4 races = 9 fours total. Average gap between the margins is (38.788-4.547)/3=11.413(6). Add the non-repeating decimals together and you get 10.
*Square all the digits, add them together, and you get 9.

For races 5-8, he was classified 11th+1st+7th+4th=23. Squaring the digits, you get 49.
For races 9-12, 1+8+8+6; again, 23.
In the final eight races, the sum of his classified positions was 20+11+9+2+3+4=49.
And his first 9 races this season? 6+2+7+5+3+4+2+7=36. Four nines.

And now, in 2014, he's moving to WEC, clearly to make more frequent in-person contact with Wurz.
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I think Alonso got his reprimand because he was napping during his in-lap, after having picked up Webber;
Hey, it was a long race. Plus jetlag etc... :?

WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Jocke1 wrote:I think Alonso got his reprimand because he was napping during his in-lap, after having picked up Webber;
Hey, it was a long race. Plus jetlag etc... :?

No I think he has got a whiff of Webbers feet... who must of taken a shoe off (Better shut up about footwear just incase a certain spambot returns)
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

:shock:

Ayrton Senna MURDERED-Look Through The Digital Fog
http://youtu.be/LgAB2Bn3vDg

noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

My brain vomited.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Mike Coughlan, the ex-Williams technical director, is returning to NASCAR in 2014 for Richard Childress Racing. Richard Childress has many similarities to his former employer;

- RCR was previously the #1 darling of manufacturers, only to be pushed back as other teams passed them up.
- Not unlike Williams, RCR's biggest successes were around 20 years ago when they campaigned NASCAR legend Dale Earnhardt.
- Richard Childress and Frank Williams have brought their families into their teams.
- Richard Childress and Frank Williams are both losing their hair.
- The last driver killed in a NASCAR race was Dale Earnhardt. The last driver killed in a Formula 1 race was Ayrton Senna. Senna and Earnhardt have often been compared to each other in not only driving talent, but in their attitudes and hidden charitable nature off the track.
- The kicker? Senna was killed in a Williams. Earnhardt was killed in a RCR car.
- RCR is planning on running car #3 in the Sprint Cup series next year -- the number Earnhardt drove -- which hasn't been in the Sprint Cup series since his death. Similarly, Williams run a livery not unlike the one Senna was killed in and they did hire Bruno Senna while Coughlan was at the team.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Dale awoken the ire of Senna's murderer. And seven years later, they murdered Senior, too.
Last edited by Jocke1 on 01 Feb 2014, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Jocke1 wrote:Dale awoken the ire of Senna's murderer. And seven years later, they murdered Senior, too.

I feel that this is in a bit of bad taste? I believe both were unfortuate racing accidents (certainly Senna's), and I don't really think you can joke about being murdered when there is no concrete evidence.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

dr-baker wrote: I feel that this is in a bit of bad taste?

Apologies to those offended.
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

At this year's Malaysian Grand Prix, Jules Bianchi may have finished 13th, and received Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race...

Well, there was attrition in that race, wasn't there. But, I'm making the case now that since Ferrari is Marussia's engine supplier for next year, Ferrari intentionally didn't bring Alonso into the pits to help Marussia. This was way before the deal was signed, but this shows they were in talks and considering that they decided to gamble to help Marussia get a better result, and get 10th in the Constructor's Championship. It worked, because if Alonso wasn't brought in, the wing wouldn't have lasted...

With this occurance, Ferrari secretly botched up FI's wheel guns, and McLaren's, so everyone thought that there was the father and child problem there, and caused the additional retirements. As a result, only 16 cars finished, and Bianchi was the best. It was the best result for a new team all year, which meant Marussia would celebrate in Brazil...

And Caterham left defeated... A discussion in the south of England took place after Brazil...

Jules Bianchi wrote:Yeah, zat's right, man! 10th in ze Constructor's standings! And ze Ferrari engines next year! This'll be great!

Max Chilton wrote:Great result for the team, looking forward to a potential deal with Marussia again, and the Ferrari power units will be awesome!

Giedo van der Garde wrote:Well, we don't get much support from Renault except for engines... Oh well, I can say whatever I want, I'm in talks with Sauber peeps!

Charles Pic wrote:Well, so much for zat season, a season of waste. I went to Caterham only for ze team to not get 10th, because of an attrition race, even! No way ze'd have lasted without attrition!

Jules Bianchi wrote:Calm down, Charles. We all have seasons like zat.

Charles Pic wrote:Whatever, dude, but Ferrari made zat ztupid error with Alonso in Malaysia, and if zat never happened, we'd be in front! Ferrari's your new engine supplier!

Max Chilton wrote:Dude, we're up there on legit pace, Ferrari kept Alonso out for a test as to whether dries were preferable yet. Whatever you say won't prove your point.

Giedo van der Garde wrote:What happened to our support for each other as rejects? Remember our discussion pre-Suzuka?

Jules Bianchi wrote:Yeah, why don't we focus on zat?

Charles Pic wrote:Yo Marussia boys aren't covering zeir rears...

Jules Bianchi, Giedo van der Garde, and Max Chilton in unison wrote:We are rejects! We support each other!

The rest of the discussion was cut off as it got much more intense after that. At least someone else agrees with me... Charles was ticked, in fact since that race, and the fact Renault never gave much support to Caterham but parts. He never made it out of Q1 once this year, and he used that as his excuse. But he was deluded after that discussion (slightly), so we will bypass that area of his intellectual zone. Jules, Max, and Giedo would still fully support each other as rejects, this going all the way back to the week before Suzuka, and everyone in both camps was happy about that. Everyone but me then said "So much for CONSPIRACIES!!!"

The Deluded Republican Nitwit wrote:Well, I'll a joinin' on this matte'! The thin' is, this IS A CONSPIRACY!!! Ferrari threw them support behind Marussia, a team from RUSSIA, a country with people who believe in COMMIES who should be in JAIL, AS THEY'RE athiest, and not CHRISTIAN. Ferrari, as well as FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, should have thrown their support behind FORCE 1 USA, a team that will COMPETE IN FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, with DON PENTECOST AS ITS DRIVER AND IT WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN ITS FIRST SEASON OF RACIN'. WHY DID THEY NOT ENTER US THIS SEASON, and GUIDE US TO SUCCESS, with F1'S, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, OLDEST DRIVER DRIVIN' FOR HIS OWN TEAM??!! Why support a team named after a RUSSIAN CAR COMPANY, a country with COMMIES?! This is the TRUE CONSPIRACY!!! Sue FERRARI, ECCELSTONE, EVERYONE WHO RUNS FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, AND THROW 'EM IN JAIL. Throw EVERYONE on F1 REJECTS IN JAIL, AS THEY WEREN't SMART ENOUGH to come up with this CONSPIRACY, AND ARE A BUNCH OF DUMB NITWITS!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

David Coulthard wrote:I never knew there could be such a ragerant on Twitter, with someone no one's ever heard of!

The Deluded Republican Nitwit wrote:SHUT YOUR HOLE, DUDE!

And so on and so on, I've made my point, and since I was too lazy to message dinizintheoven to insert a good ol' Donny quote I decided to try my hand...
Last edited by go_Rubens on 14 Dec 2013, 03:10, edited 2 times in total.
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

go_Rubens wrote:
The Deluded Republican Nitwit wrote:Well, I'll a joinin' on this matte'! The thin' is, this IS A CONSPIRACY!!! Ferrari threw them support behind Marussia, a team from RUSSIA, a country with people who believe in COMMIES who should be in JAIL, AS THEY'RE athiest, and not CHRISTIAN. Ferrari, as well as FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, should have thrown their support behind FORCE 1 USA, a team that will COMPETE IN FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, with DON PENTECOST AS ITS DRIVER AND IT WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP IN ITS FIRST SEASON OF RACIN'. WHY DID THEY NOT ENTER US THIS SEASON, and GUIDE US TO SUCCESS, with F1'S, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, OLDEST DRIVER DRIVIN' FOR HIS OWN TEAM??!! Why support a team named after a RUSSIAN CAR COMPANY, a country with COMMIES?! This is the TRUE CONSPIRACY!!! Sue FERRARI, ECCELSTONE, EVERYONE WHO RUNS FORMULA 1, A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF FORMULA 1 MANAGEMENT, AND THROW 'EM IN JAIL. Throw EVERYONE on F1 REJECTS IN JAIL, AS THEY WEREN't SMART ENOUGH to come up with this CONSPIRACY, AND ARE A BUNCH OF DUMB NITWITS!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

David Coulthard wrote:I never knew there could be such a ragerant on Twitter, with someone no one's ever heard of!

The Deluded Republican Nitwit wrote:SHUT YOUR HOLE, DUDE!

And so on and so on, I've made my point, and since I was too lazy to message dinizintheoven to insert a good ol' Donny quote I decided to try my hand...

...I haven't really been in a position to answer all day, so... you did right having a go. So far I have no idea why I never put in any "I'LL SUE YOUR ASS" rants into Don's Deranged Drivel, a registered trademark of Donald "Don" Pentecost Inc.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

The conspiracy theory I'm going to put forward is, whilst based on uncertain grounds, is by no means a matter of fun, I'm deadly serious. Seriously.

I know this is an Australian site, and I have nothing against Australia. I quite like Ricciardo, I was supporting him in the pole battle against Hamilton, and I was incensed when David Croft said "BRITAIN BEATS AUSTRALIA!!!" in a manner of jingoism reminiscent of a certain Mr Allen.

But what I observed today was blatant. Kvyat crashed at the run to Turn 11, he lost a lot of bodywork which was strewn across the left side of the track. While I do realise that it is off the racing line, debris can flow in wet conditions. What's more, most drivers were finding it tough on that particular piece of track, Massa nearly had a moment there as well. Someone could have spun, hit the debris and could have been launched into the air instead of hitting the barriers head on...

All reasoning aside, there was debris on the track, and that warrants enough cause for local yellows, but none were shown.
At that time, Rosberg was fastest, but Ricciardo on a hot lap was improving. If yellows had come out then, Ricciardo wouldn't have beaten Rosberg in all probability.But they didn't, and he did.

It was the Australian Grand Prix, and maybe the stewards did it deliberately for the home crowd? It's a long shot, but the fact is that a yellow flag wasn't shown when in testing something less than that would have warranted a red flag...
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

wsrgo wrote:The conspiracy theory I'm going to put forward is, whilst based on uncertain grounds, is by no means a matter of fun, I'm deadly serious. Seriously.

I know this is an Australian site, and I have nothing against Australia. I quite like Ricciardo, I was supporting him in the pole battle against Hamilton, and I was incensed when David Croft said "BRITAIN BEATS AUSTRALIA!!!" in a manner of jingoism reminiscent of a certain Mr Allen.

But what I observed today was blatant. Kvyat crashed at the run to Turn 11, he lost a lot of bodywork which was strewn across the left side of the track. While I do realise that it is off the racing line, debris can flow in wet conditions. What's more, most drivers were finding it tough on that particular piece of track, Massa nearly had a moment there as well. Someone could have spun, hit the debris and could have been launched into the air instead of hitting the barriers head on...

All reasoning aside, there was debris on the track, and that warrants enough cause for local yellows, but none were shown.

At that time, Rosberg was fastest, but Ricciardo on a hot lap was improving. If yellows had come out then, Ricciardo wouldn't have beaten Rosberg in all probability.But they didn't, and he did.

It was the Australian Grand Prix, and maybe the stewards did it deliberately for the home crowd? It's a long shot, but the fact is that a yellow flag wasn't shown when in testing something less than that would have warranted a red flag...

Having worked with CAMS (the organisation that's responsible for motor racing in Australia) as a marshal at several events in the past few months, I can categorically tell you right now that what you said there is simply not the case.

When it comes to dealing with debris on the circuit, it is up to of the flag marshals at that flag point to determine whether the debris is in a dangerous position or not and act accordingly, not the stewards. In the instance of the Kvyat incident, the debris was well off the racing line, and there was no risk of the debris being moved as there was nowhere near enough standing water to move it. Thus the marshals correctly decided that yellow flags were not needed in this instance.

Now, for you to suggest that the stewards and flag marshals would willingly risk the safety of competitors, spectators and officials for nationalistic jingoism is not only petty, but downright despicable as well. It's an insult to the work that we as marshals do at race events to make sure they run smoothly as volunteers because of our passion for the sport (Hell, it's even earned me a trip to the Mount Panorama medical center, but that's a story for another day). I'll be the first to admit that we do make incorrect judgement calls as marshals from time to time, but to suggest that it was in any way deliberate is ridiculous, and I sincerely hope you're not seriously proposing that.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

Wizzie wrote:
wsrgo wrote:The conspiracy theory I'm going to put forward is, whilst based on uncertain grounds, is by no means a matter of fun, I'm deadly serious. Seriously.

Having worked with CAMS (the organisation that's responsible for motor racing in Australia) as a marshal at several events in the past few months, I can categorically tell you right now that what you said there is simply not the case.

When it comes to dealing with debris on the circuit, it is up to of the flag marshals at that flag point to determine whether the debris is in a dangerous position or not and act accordingly, not the stewards. In the instance of the Kvyat incident, the debris was well off the racing line, and there was no risk of the debris being moved as there was nowhere near enough standing water to move it. Thus the marshals correctly decided that yellow flags were not needed in this instance.

Now, for you to suggest that the stewards and flag marshals would willingly risk the safety of competitors, spectators and officials for nationalistic jingoism is not only petty, but downright despicable as well. It's an insult to the work that we as marshals do at race events to make sure they run smoothly as volunteers because of our passion for the sport (Hell, it's even earned me a trip to the Mount Panorama medical center, but that's a story for another day). I'll be the first to admit that we do make incorrect judgement calls as marshals from time to time, but to suggest that it was in any way deliberate is ridiculous, and I sincerely hope you're not seriously proposing that.

There is really no need to be hostile. I'm sorry, I was just fielding a theory that hit me in the heat of the moment. It seems strange that yellow flags come up when a car stops off the track with a problem, but not in this case. I would like there to be discussion regarding this matter rather than...

petty

downright despicable
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

wsrgo wrote:There is really no need to be hostile. I'm sorry, I was just fielding a theory that hit me in the heat of the moment. It seems strange that yellow flags come up when a car stops off the track with a problem, but not in this case. I would like there to be discussion regarding this matter rather than...

petty

downright despicable

What discussion is there to be had when you categorically slander the hard work of a group of people without whom there could be no Grand Prix!? Not only that, you really have no base for this besides your own opinions - Wizzie, on the other hand, has actually worked as a marshal, and knows exactly what he's talking about.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

While I wish to side with Wizzie, it led me to recall a story that I can't find in a quick Google search. Immediately post the startline crash at the start of the 2002 Australian Grand Prix, the safety car was sent out while the mess was cleared up. I have heard it suggested that had Mark Webber not still been running, and in with a good chance of points after so many cars were eliminated, then the race may have been red-flagged instead, with the original start nul and void and everyone allowed to take the restart. The two situations are very different (you wouldn't send a safety car out in qualifying...), and I'm sure that if it were too dangerous for the safety car to be sent out, then it would not have happened regardless of Mark Webber still running, but still...

But I still wish to side with Wizzie on this... Because I have never worked as a marshall and he has!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Wizzie wrote: I'll be the first to admit that we do make incorrect judgement calls as marshals from time to time, but to suggest that it was in any way deliberate is ridiculous.

I will not get into the debate whether or not that was deliberate by the flag marshal today, which wsrgo is speaking about. wsrgo has the right to his thoughts.
While the flag marshals are indeed unsung heroes according to myself, there are certainly a few that should be doing something else, ie that flag marshal at Portier 2001.

A quote made by David Coulthard has never left my mind, the time when he let the worldwide audience know who the unsung heroes were, during the Melbourne press conference, 2001:
"We need obviously study how we can improve track safety to these people who give their time to enable us to go racing."
That was of course, for those of you who didn't follow F1 at the time, in memory of track marshal Graham Beveridge.