1. Romain Gorjean
2. Sergio Perez
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
pi314159

Re: Your Reject of the Race - 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by pi314159 »

There are so many candidates:
Romain Grosjean: For crashing all weekend long.
Sergio Perez: How often did he cut this chicane?
Marussia and their drivers: Completely rejectful.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AxelP800

Post by AxelP800 »

SERGIO PEREZ
Asking position from Alonso and gets the karma
Rio Haryanto for the win!
He upon seeing me accidentaly paint Belgian flag rotated 90 deg to right
tommykl returns from the bathroom
tommykl reads the chat logs
tommykl has a stroke
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Anyone who thinks that race was boring, a procession, or says Monaco shouldn't be on the calendar - you're clearly not F1 fans, or your favourite driver got shafted. :evil:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

East Londoner wrote:Anyone who thinks that race was boring, a procession, or says Monaco shouldn't be on the calendar - you're clearly not F1 fans, or your favourite driver got shafted. :evil:

That was one of the Best Monaco GP's i've ever seen mate. I was on Tenterhooks in those closing laps praying that the top 3 would stay the same and it did> In the words of the comic book guy: Best Podium Ever :)
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

1.-Felipe Massa, for showing that lightning can strike twice (at the same angle)
2.-Marussia's weekend, which was deplorable.

Dishonorable mentions to Kimi Raikkonen (know when to lose, Iceman!), Checo Perez's brakes, which runied a all out charge and Fernando Alonso who just went backwards

The Holy Wrecker, Batman! Award goes to Pastor Maldonado, just because his shunt destroyed a barrier and was responsible for the red flag
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

TomPryce wrote:Perez. He's not making any friends right now.

Perez is F1's answer to Marc Marquez :lol:
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

3. Sergio Perez - way too aggressive, which ended in just about ruining Kimi's race and ultimately a retirement.
2. Romain Grosjean - kids of all ages watch this you know, we don't want to see you realizing your fantasies of creating STR-Lotus babies.
1. Max Chilton - completely unexplainable and dangerous maneuver. If he gets off the hook without further penalties for this, then the stewards deserve the ROTR.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

:|

And the nominations are...

Romain Grosjean: Crashing not one, not two, not even three, but four times in a single race weekend. The Grosjean of Belgium and Japan is back.
TV Director: Everybody wanted to see at least a modicum of Kimi's heroic charge to finish in the points. Nobody saw anything.
Sergio Perez: Far, far too aggressive throughout the race. Some of his passes were genuinely impressive, to the point where I was considering nominating him for IIDOTR halfway through the race. Of course, he eventually succumbed to GP2-itis, attempting that demented move on Raikkonen.
Jules Bianchi's car: That car's reliability was unequivocally woeful.
Fernando Alonso: We all know he's capable of driving at a level beyond the capacity of effectively anybody else on the grid. Falling victim to both McLarens and a Force India is slightly pathetic in that light.

But ultimately, there really isn't any contest with regard to the winner, who of course is...

Max Chilton: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Last edited by kevinbotz on 26 May 2013, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Klon, on Alt-F1 wrote: I like to think it's more poker than gambling, though.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Personally I have to give it to Grosjean

Kimi-ICE wrote:Oh Bathplug it ROTR to the entire field except Rosberg Vettel Webber Hamilton Red Bull Mercedes Sutil and Vergne

I agree, I was thinking the "everyone but" option could work here.

I would include Hamilton as a nominee though as his poor mistake behind the SC cost him 3rd at least, maybe 2nd.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Too many to post. Everyone apart from Rosberg, RedBull, Sutil and Vergne.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
mario

Post by mario »

I have to agree with Kimi-ICE that, given how many incidents there were during that race, that it might be quicker to list the drivers who don't deserve a ROTR nomination.

Grosjean has been very erratic throughout this weekend - he has shown flashes of his former pace, but also lapsed into his former mistakes as well (the fact that some of the commentators were wondering whether Valsecchi might be free gives an indication of what they thought).
Perez was getting rather wild during this race too - he cut the chicanes at least four times, forcing Kimi off the track in one of those instances, and although Kimi could perhaps have positioned his car a little better (it did look like he started drifting across the track before Perez made contact), the speed at which Perez came into that corner suggests he would have probably cut the chicane again if he hadn't hit Kimi. His retirement now means that Force India are pulling away from McLaren in the WCC (they are now seven points ahead of McLaren) and he has just 12 points in the WDC at the moment, putting him 12th in the WDC.

Equally, Ferrari had, by their standards, a very poor race - Massa had to be taken to the medical centre after that shunt (he did seem to be in some discomfort, though hopefully it is nothing more than bruising), and the nature of his accident makes you wonder what exactly was going on there. Alonso, meanwhile, was surprisingly underwhelming - he shouldn't have let himself be caught out by several of those passes and was really struggling for pace (both Vergne and Di Resta looked like quicker drivers and were backed up right behind him at the finish).
Further back, Sauber were underwhelming - Hulkenberg lost his chances of points in the closing stages and Gutierrez finished only 6.6s ahead of Chilton in that race, whilst Marussia had an utter nightmare of a weekend (Bianchi had a pretty rough weekend and some self inflicted problems, whilst Chilton caused that strange red flag with that clash with Pastor).

Looking back at that list, probably I'd go for Grosjean since he has been something of a liability throughout this weekend, though Chilton and Perez are also right in the running there.

AdrianSutil wrote:Too many to post. Everyone apart from Rosberg, RedBull, Sutil and Vergne.

You could possibly add Button into that list - whilst he did have one or two sluggish moments, he also pulled off a few clever moves (such as the one he put on Alonso) and did make up a fair few places in the end to take 6th.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

Max Chilton: makes Yuje Ide look cool calm and collected.....
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Romain Grosjean and Max Chilton.
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Dishonourable mentions:
TV Director - missed Kimi's charge
The Luck of Jules Bianchi - Two engine problems, one brake failure, and a smack in the face by a barrier.
Grosjean - Multiple errors all weekend
Massa / His Ferrari - depending on whether the crashes were driver errors or car errors.

My vote:
Max Chilton - Extremely dangerous driving for the crash with Maldonado.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:Bunsen Jetton: For his non-stop Moaning

WTF? Non-stop? He complained once about Perez cutting the chicane to stay ahead of him, and one other time when Perez was cutting him off, and at no other time. How the hell is that non-stop?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

WTF? Non-stop? He complained once about Perez cutting the chicane to stay ahead of him, and one other time when Perez was cutting him off, and at no other time. How the hell is that non-stop?

Ok maybe not at Monaco but what i mean is that he moans every single race at some point. If it's not about his team-mate it's about how undriveable his car his. Belgium 2012 is the only Grand Prix where i haven't heard him moaning
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

I'll give it to Max Chilton, a seriously scary accident there.
Message me on Discord.
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

I'm giving it to my favorite driver, Romain Grosjean. He was off the pace of his teammate, wrecked a bunch this weekend, and then took out Ricciardo.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

So many nominations for this race but I will have to give it to
Romain Grosjean- 4 crashes in the weekend - bad bad bad

possible winners
Max Chilton- Could have killed Pasta with that move
Charles Pic- Could have stopped earlier
Massa- Accident heavy weekend
Perez - Idiot
Myself- For thinking Mercedes were going to mess it up.
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Contenders:

-TV Directors: Missed a lot of things. Not showing Kimi overtakes for showing Rosberg calm driving to the victory was an idiot decision.
-Brazilian TV Coverage: Main narrator (Galvão Bueno) whined too much about team radio, saying for the rest of coverage team to ignore it, because there's more important things and whined about Caterham and Marussia team radio, indirectly saying that aren't important because are from the back of the field. It's clearly that Galvão have something against Marussia and Caterham and showing this in the transmission it's silly. Also, they Almost cut the replay of Grosjean crash to show an exclusive camera onboard (with bad quality) in hamilton's car.
Ferrari: Massa crashed in the same corner two times and Alonso was slow.
Caterham: Mechanical failures hurted the chance of team in up your game against Marussia.
Sauber: Anonymous. Hulk didn't do well, same for Gutierrez.

But the winner of my ROTR is:

Grosjean: The old Grosjean is back! Crashed four times in this weekend, spent all time in the bottom of the field and rammed Ricciardo.

I'm not giving it to Chilton, because Marussia is pretty safe in 10th position.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

AdrianSutil wrote:Too many to post. Everyone apart from Rosberg, RedBull, Sutil and Vergne.

I'd delete Red Bull off that for being miserable moaning whingers. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

James1978 wrote:

I'd delete Red Bull off that for being miserable moaning whingers. :)

But add Mercedes. They did nothing rejectful this weekend.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

I forgot to add this

Anyone who wrote off mercedes gp: Yes Rachel1990 it's 1-1. I think Enoch will probably consider this.

The Local Birds: Rosberg almost ran over one
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Kimi-ICE wrote:I forgot to add this

Anyone who wrote off mercedes gp: Yes Rachel1990 it's 1-1. I think Enoch will probably consider this.

However if red bull continue their hissy fit over the Mercedes test it may become red bull 100- f1 fans 0
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

rachel1990 wrote:

However if red bull continue their hissy fit over the Mercedes test it may become red bull 100- f1 fans 0

I agree. Can't red bull just accept 2nd and 3rd 2 trophies and 33pts is still a fine achievement
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Kimi-ICE wrote:
rachel1990 wrote:

I agree. Can't red bull just accept 2nd and 3rd 2 trophies and 33pts is still a fine achievement

Nope. In their world Vettel has to win every race and if he doesn't everyone else is cheating (including Webber)
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

after this http://youtu.be/QxTgZzR2Tn0?t=10s

I add Bottas in my nominations too. He just gave up of your position. C'mon!
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

rachel1990 wrote:Nope. In their world Vettel has to win every race and if he doesn't everyone else is cheating (including Webber)

So Redbull looks like Ferrari more than how we were thinking...
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

Perez blames Raikkonen for lap 69 contact.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107695
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

1. Romain Grosjean: Messiest weekend for any F1 driver for a long time. Lotus should give Valsecchi a look-in just to see how good last year's GP2 champ can do. If it's better than Grosjean, the Frenchman is out.
2. Felipe Massa: didn't learn from his mistake in FP3.

Honourable mentions to

1. Jules Bianchi's weekend: too many incidents, none of which were really his fault.
2. Sergio Perez and the chicane. One wrong move, and it destroyed his afternoon.
3. Fernando Alonso: it was a weekend similar to Montreal '07. He just shut off.
4. FIA STEWARDS: Drive through for Chilton's prang was too little and didn't cause much damage.
5. Bernd Maylander: showed rustiness today. Should've let the Red Bulls, and especially Raikkonen go ahead earlier.
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

I want to defend Max Chilton.

Yes his move was dangerous. He's a novice and made a huge mistake there. but such things happen, I still don't think he deserves ROTR. He was competitive and overtook GvdG when needed.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I think it should go to Massa really for having the same accident twice. Yes, Grosjean, Perez and Chilton were also bad BUT Massa is so much more experienced than the other three you'd expect him to have kept it out of the barriers.

Though Grosjean's performance did remind me of Massa's in 2002!!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
andrew2209

Post by andrew2209 »

Max Chilton-His accident was ridiculous, and could've been very costly.
Alextrax52

Post by Alextrax52 »

James1978 wrote:I think it should go to Massa really for having the same accident twice. Yes, Grosjean, Perez and Chilton were also bad BUT Massa is so much more experienced than the other three you'd expect him to have kept it out of the barriers.

Monaco 2002 was easily one of Felipe's most Pathetic drives ever as he seemed to spend most of the weekend blocking anyone that came up behind him and then he punted off Bernoldi and his car ended up looking like a Torpedo. The verdict: ROTR :lol:
MigelNansell

Post by MigelNansell »

First time I'm posting to ROTR so Yippee my vote has to be for Sergio Perez who makes me think he is this generations Andrea de Cesaris
Murray Walker: I don't make mistakes. I make prophecies which immediately turn out to be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0TZ_YLQSgg

Murray Walker entertaining Millions since 1978
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

solarcold wrote:I want to defend Max Chilton.

Yes his move was dangerous. He's a novice and made a huge mistake there. but such things happen, I still don't think he deserves ROTR. He was competitive and overtook GvdG when needed.

Christ I'm not the only one then thank god!

Honestly, I don't understand why people are bashing him so much - he had track position in front of Maldonado, and for me, Maldonado should at least take part of the blame for the incident for thinking a move round the outside of Tabac was going to work. He should have pulled in and accepted the fact that he was behind a Marussia. Yes Chilton moved across, and that was stupid considering they were so close together, but in reality Pastor should never have been in that position in the first place.

And then, despite his drive through penalty, which I'd have to say is a fair judgement, he still finished 14th ahead of van der Garde, who I think had problems on the last lap? He fell away very quickly, he was almost 20 seconds behind Max at the end.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
kevinbotz

Post by kevinbotz »

James1978 wrote:I think it should go to Massa really for having the same accident twice. Yes, Grosjean, Perez and Chilton were also bad BUT Massa is so much more experienced than the other three you'd expect him to have kept it out of the barriers.

Massa's accident is now officially attributed to car failure.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/107707
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Kimi-ICE wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Ok maybe not at Monaco but what i mean is that he moans every single race at some point. If it's not about his team-mate it's about how undriveable his car his. Belgium 2012 is the only Grand Prix where i haven't heard him moaning

This is ROTR. Not reject of the last several races.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Romain Grosjean... He went full Oppa Grosjean Style this weekend with 4 crashes!
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!