The _TCC Series Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Samster

Re: The _TCC Series Thread

Post by Samster »

On sheer pace alone, I'd say that Mat Jackson is the fastest driver in the field. He just needs a team that's a little better than Motorbase to show that on a regular basis, they still aren't consistent enough to be a serious championship challenging team. I still remember him pipping Plato to 2nd in the championship in his family run BMW back in 2008. :D
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

roblomas52 wrote:
eurobrun wrote:Unlike everyone else I find the Audis in BTCC quite dull and boring. For some reason I can't really support them. I am still glad that Austin is OK though

Mind you, I've seen worse on the Indy circuit, John George in the integra in 2008

Not to mention the huge pileup in '07...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Looks like STCC will be "VOLVOWINSLOL" in 2013: http://www.motorsport-events.se/resulta ... +april.pdf

I guess it's time to call Jan Nilsson the "Swedish Tony George". He wanted to break away from STCC, in order to create regulations that'd provide equal opportunities to the drivers. Now TTA has defeated STCC, but the STCC grid won't have more cars than the "pure" TTA grid in 2012. But the worst thing is Volvo probably running over their "competition" in the STCC.

But like Tony George, "Flash" seems to have bailed out from his own creation. :D
MIA SAN MIA!
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

As it turns out, the team who now has the Arena Ford Focuses is Robb Holland's team. http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/04/24/robb-holland-to-return-to-the-wtcc-with-ex-arena-ford-focus/

So that's what, six makes in the WTCC one way or another this season with more on the horizon? I'm okay with this.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote: I think Thruxton'd be the closest to me

i know i'm going to be there on the sunday ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Having finally got up to date with the BTCC, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Sam Tordoff take a couple of wins this season.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
nome66

Post by nome66 »

interesting weeking out of Road Atlanta in Grand-Am's CTSCC
http://www.grand-am.com/News/GA_News/ta ... 6383&sid=1
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

It's a Honda 1-2-3 for Race 1 tomorrow. Andrew Jordan on pole in front of Shedden and Neal. Plato 4th.

Tomorrow should also be the first time I get to watch the BTCC live on TV...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Plato's already taken Shedden out of the race. Typical. :roll:
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Aw bugger, Andrew Jordan leads the entire race, and gets a puncture on the final lap. :|
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

East Londoner wrote:Aw bugger, Andrew Jordan leads the entire race, and gets a puncture on the final lap. :|

Yeah that was an absolute travesty. :(

Shoutouts to Tom Onslow-Cole and Mat Jackson for dragging their crappy cars to 3rd and 7th, respectively.
Everything's great.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Been a wicked day here at Thruxton so far
Got Welch's autograph just after he crashed the car at the final chicane

Will palmer done something his dad never did, overtake someone
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Looks like karma came back to bite Plato in the arse, as he gets a puncture whilst leading in Race 3.

A real shame for Jeff Smith to lose a podium with that spin.

Loads of people moaning about the tyres on Twitter/Facebook. Has it not crossed their minds that Thruxton is always tough on the tyres? Just look at the last three rounds of the 2007 season. :roll:
Samster

Post by Samster »

Have to say, very glad Plato got some karma for punting off Shedden with that puncture. :D

And Onslow-Cole, wow! Never thought Tony Gilham's team would ever be capable of building a car that competitive so quickly. So far they are managing better than WSR and Motorbase in that respect. Shame Goff got beaten up on the first lap of race 3. :(
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I agree, but the car seems like total shitbox and the team seem like they don't know what they are doing.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Samster wrote:And Onslow-Cole, wow! Never thought Tony Gilham's team would ever be capable of building a car that competitive so quickly. So far they are managing better than WSR and Motorbase in that respect. Shame Goff got beaten up on the first lap of race 3. :(

I think it was more Onslow-Cole working miracles than anything to do with the car sadly
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:
Samster wrote:And Onslow-Cole, wow! Never thought Tony Gilham's team would ever be capable of building a car that competitive so quickly. So far they are managing better than WSR and Motorbase in that respect. Shame Goff got beaten up on the first lap of race 3. :(

I think it was more Onslow-Cole working miracles than anything to do with the car sadly

Yeah, but watching TOC, the VW was not moving around nearly as much as Jackson's Ford.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:

Yeah, but watching TOC, the VW was not moving around nearly as much as Jackson's Ford.

True, Jackson, and to a lesser extent Aron Smith, were really wringing the neck of that Focus. Apparently, the team were hoping that their upgrades would help them move up the order, but the car still looks like a massive handful.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
andrew

Post by andrew »

About Plato and Sheds if you watch the clip again, you may notice that Plato was on the racing line and Shedden moved into him. Not really Jason's fault
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

andrew wrote:About Plato and Sheds if you watch the clip again, you may notice that Plato was on the racing line and Shedden moved into him. Not really Jason's fault

Given Plato's track record, I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

andrew wrote:About Plato and Sheds if you watch the clip again, you may notice that Plato was on the racing line and Shedden moved into him. Not really Jason's fault

Given Plato's track record, I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Same here, I bathplugging hate him.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 07 May 2013, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language tidied up
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

roblomas52 wrote:

Same here, I bathplugging hate him.

What a disgrace.

Subtlety not a strong point?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

No, subtlty isn't my strong point although I have history with Plato because he didn't sign my program at Thruxton 2006 because I didn't have a pen and me and my dad found him to be very arogant. After walking halfway round the paddock, we found a muchelin truck and we got a goody bag a day before everybody else was due to get them and the bag had a pen in so I eventually got his autograph and I have hated him ever since.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:No, subtlty isn't my strong point although I have history with Plato because he didn't sign my program at Thruxton 2006 because I didn't have a pen and me and my dad found him to be very arogant. After walking halfway round the paddock, we found a muchelin truck and we got a goody bag a day before everybody else was due to get them and the bag had a pen in so I eventually got his autograph and I have hated him ever since.

So, let me get this straight: You hated him ever since he gave you his autograph? Image I mean, it's either that or you went and got the autograph of someone you hated, which is just, I just... ImageImageImage
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

roblomas52 wrote:No, subtlty isn't my strong point although I have history with Plato because he didn't sign my program at Thruxton 2006 because I didn't have a pen and me and my dad found him to be very arogant. After walking halfway round the paddock, we found a muchelin truck and we got a goody bag a day before everybody else was due to get them and the bag had a pen in so I eventually got his autograph and I have hated him ever since.

So, let me get this straight: You hated him ever since he gave you his autograph? Image I mean, it's either that or you went and got the autograph of someone you hated, which is just, I just... ImageImageImage

He was just so arrogant about it and that's why my dad has hated him since
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:
He was just so arrogant about it and that's why my dad has hated him since

So you got the autograph of someone you hated? Whaaaaaaat??? Image
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

I was only 8 at the time and you expect me to have known what the word arrogant meant at that age?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:I was only 8 at the time and you expect me to have known what the word arrogant meant at that age?

What? Where does that even begin to come into this? All I'm wondering is why you got the autograph of someone you hated.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

roblomas52 wrote:I was only 8 at the time and you expect me to have known what the word arrogant meant at that age?

What? Where does that even begin to come into this? All I'm wondering is why you got the autograph of someone you hated.

I didn't hate him at the time, it's only now I realise how much of an idiot he was that day
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:

I didn't hate him at the time, it's only now I realise how much of an idiot he was that day

I was about to question your hatred of Plato, and ask whether you were George Matthews...

That thread I've linked is gold, by the way (if you've never seen it...)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:

So you were lying when you said you hated him ever since then. Got it.
Everything's great.
takagi_for_the_win

Ataxia wrote:I was about to question your hatred of Plato, and ask whether you were George Matthews...

That thread I've linked is gold, by the way (if you've never seen it...)

Haha, some day I shall read all 52 pages on that thread, but today is not that day...
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

roblomas52 wrote:So you were lying when you said you hated him ever since then. Got it.

No because I was 8 years old at that time and I didnt really know that much and it was the FIRST time I had been to the BTCC but my dad suddenly hated him and I hated Plato after what happened that day just because I did not have a pen for him to sign my programme
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

roblomas52 wrote:I didn't hate him at the time, it's only now I realise how much of an idiot he was that day
roblomas52 wrote:No because I was 8 years old at that time and I didnt really know that much and it was the FIRST time I had been to the BTCC but my dad suddenly hated him and I hated Plato after what happened that day just because I did not have a pen for him to sign my programme

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
YOU'RE JUST SPEAKING NONSENSE MAN.

... you know what, forget it. I don't even care anymore.
Everything's great.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

roblomas52 wrote:I didn't hate him at the time, it's only now I realise how much of an idiot he was that day
roblomas52 wrote:No because I was 8 years old at that time and I didnt really know that much and it was the FIRST time I had been to the BTCC but my dad suddenly hated him and I hated Plato after what happened that day just because I did not have a pen for him to sign my programme

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
YOU'RE JUST SPEAKING NONSENSE MAN.

... you know what, forget it. I don't even care anymore.

What I said was what was going through my bathpluged 8 year old head compared to now.
When I say bathpluged, I mean it because I have ADHD and Aspergers Syndrome so THAT is my I'm f****d in the head
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Pieman

Post by Pieman »

Can we take this elsewhere and get back to talking about touring cars please?
Forza Forti
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Pieman wrote:Can we take this elsewhere and get back to talking about touring cars please?

Sadly, a thing of the past.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I wonder if Vauxhall will ever re-enter a works team for the BTCC. And if they did, who'd become the works team, seeing as Triple 8 are now the works MG team.