The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Salamander

Re: The HRT thread

Post by Salamander »

Shadaza wrote:
DanielPT wrote:
dr-baker wrote:I accidently misread the price of the tyres as €500,000 and was thinking that was a bit over-the-top. Then realised that foreign punctuation is different, and they meant €500.00. Still more than I can afford, but I would love a racing car tyre at some point...
If I was you I would be aiming for those brake parts. They have a lot more reject history in them!
"I went to buy the HRT Brakes, I couldn't stop myself."

:lol: Well, I have a new sigquote!
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Shadaza wrote:"I went to buy the HRT Brakes, I couldn't stop myself."

onoz! Stramala not shoo-in for one-liner of the year?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Shadaza wrote:"I went to buy the HRT Brakes, I couldn't stop myself."

onoz! Stramala not shoo-in for one-liner of the year?

Since when was I ever in the running for one-liner of the year?! If you were to compile all my online posts into a book, it would probably have to be published under the pseudonym "Paul di Resta", as no-one would believe any other real person could be that boring and arrogant.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Zetec

Post by Zetec »

Being the HRT thread, here some clarification about the Karthikeyan rumours of him being linked to a FI seat.

1. He was in talks with FI. But according to Narain it was always for a test-driver seat. There where no talks about a racing seat.
2. He was in talks with Marussia for a racing seat, after the problems with Razia came up. But Bianchi was faster in bargaining a deal.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Zetec wrote:2. He was in talks with Marussia for a racing seat, after the problems with Razia came up. But Bianchi was faster in bargaining a deal.

Not the first time that Bianchi was faster than Karthikeyan.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Zetec

Post by Zetec »

?
tumbano

Post by tumbano »

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1758 ... ar-on-eBay

MANAMA (Reuters) - Pirelli are planning to sell off a 2011 HRT Formula One car in a charity auction on eBay because nobody in the Italian tyre company wants to use it for promotional purposes.

Pirelli acquired the engine-less car last season after the Spanish-based tail-enders folded with debts still outstanding.

The tyre maker had intended to repaint it in their black and yellow colours and put it on display at dealerships and company events.

"There doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm, it's a bit of a shame really," Pirelli motorsport director Paul Hembery told Reuters at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Saturday.

"Our marketing department said nobody seems to want to use it. So I said let's put it on eBay for charity.

"We're trying to find a category on eBay for an F1 car and we'll probably run it (the auction) for quite a few months to see what money we can raise for charity," he added.

Five other HRT cars, also without engines or gearboxes, were bought for re-sale by a Spanish auto breaker in February.

HRT's drivers in 2011 were Indian Narain Karthikeyan, Australian Daniel Ricciardo and Italian Vitantonio Liuzzi.

http://sidepodcast.com/post/pirelli-auc ... ay-charity

It's been just four short months since HRT went missing from Formula One, and it hasn't taken long for them to be forgotten about. The battle of the backmarkers continues with just four participants, and the first session of qualifying is actually more interesting without them.

One company trying to forget the team but currently struggling to do so is Pirelli, who have a 2011 HRT F1 chassis on their hands, and want to shift it. The tyre manufacturer bought the car in February of this year after the assets of Hispania Racing were sold off.

The plan was to use the car as a display model, rebranding it in the corporate Pirelli colours of black and yellow and sending it to showrooms and motorsport events around the world. However, as Paul Hembery noted this weekend, no one within the company seems all that bothered about spicing up the old HRT car.

Paul Hembery, Motorsport Director, Pirelli wrote:There doesn't seem to be a lot of enthusiasm, it's a bit of a shame really. Our marketing department said nobody seems to want to use it.

Instead of holding on to an ancient chassis - minus the engine and gearbox which were returned to their respective owners Cosworth and Williams - Pirelli have decided to pass on the carbon fibre once more, this time by putting it up for auction on eBay!

Hembery says the money raised will go to charity, but he also points to a unique problem when selling modern Formula One assets on the internet.

Paul Hembery, Motorsport Director, Pirelli wrote:We're trying to find a category on eBay for an F1 car and we'll probably run it for quite a few months to see what money we can raise for charity.

Of all the issues that HRT have been subjected to in their short Formula One history, not fitting into any eBay category is fated to be their last.

If you have a bit of cash to spare, you could purchase yourself some genuine carbon fibre as driven (and most likely crashed) by Narain Karthikeyan and/or Daniel Ricciardo and/or Tonio Liuzzi.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

There's a couple just down the road from me (relatively) who won 45 million quid on the EuroMillions. I always said I'd never know what to do with that kind of cash if it fell into my possession. I do now.

Said couple won't buy the car, though, as they're planning to build an eco-house somewhere in Nottinghamshire and there's no way a Formula ONe car, even one as (relatively) slow as the HRT, would fit into those plans. Bah.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

I'm so happy. Really. Kinda.
No, seriously, I will follow BossGp now because of them.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

:lol: Big Open Single Seaters? Fantastic! Never heard of the series but they've just picked up a new fan!

Hey, how come nobodys mentioned this series before? Its mental, they're racing old F1 cars :lol:
Just For One Day...
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

CoopsII wrote::lol: Big Open Single Seaters? Fantastic! Never heard of the series but they've just picked up a new fan!

Hey, how come nobodys mentioned this series before? Its mental, they're racing old F1 cars :lol:

And Indy Cars, Champ Cars, F3000 cars, and a host of other interesting things. I remember seeing a video of 2 Arrows machines racing in that series, along with a Tyrell 026 and an Indycar of some sort. It's one of the best series I can think of.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

http://www.bossgp.com/

Official site.

What Im happy is that most have kept original liveries. Maybe the odd sponsors have changed but the majority of livery is the same. Going by some of those pics from the site, im slightly suprised that some still have kept tobacco decals on, but not dissapointed. I like cars how they used to be, not MOTO SPORT,'Racing' 'MIKA' or 'Run Free' etc
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

David AGS wrote:http://www.bossgp.com/

Official site.

What Im happy is that most have kept original liveries. Maybe the odd sponsors have changed but the majority of livery is the same. Going by some of those pics from the site, im slightly suprised that some still have kept tobacco decals on, but not dissapointed. I like cars how they used to be, not MOTO SPORT,'Racing' 'MIKA' or 'Run Free' etc

Fun fact: One of the entrants from last season was Luke Skywalker. Really.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Stramala wrote:Fun fact: One of the entrants from last season was Luke Skywalker. Really.

This just gets better. Im assuming theres no TV coverage though?
Just For One Day...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

CoopsII wrote::lol: Big Open Single Seaters? Fantastic! Never heard of the series but they've just picked up a new fan!

This series exists for quite a while. Remember Paul Stoddart? Well he used to race some 1997 and 1998 Tyrrell cars there before he went into the real formula 1. (the 2-seaters is actually based on the 1998 Tyrrell if i'm not mistaken)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

I requested the BOSS GP officials about any news and that's what I got as a reply.

Hello Alex,
thanks for your email.

At the moment there gives no new news about the HRT project.
They are still working on the cars to make them race ready again, main work is the engine as the cars were sold without engine (which is more or less normal if you buy a contemporary F1) and so they have to fit a new unit in the car which is a big work.

Normally I should be optimistic but I don't think that we will see a HRT F1 out in a race this year.

Kind regards
Christian
Dallara, 2010
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Just out of the blue, Josef Kral today announced he had a deal with HRT to drive this season..
HRT - who else would you support :P
S951

Post by S951 »

oh my i miss this team
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

S951 wrote:oh my i miss this team

Me too! sad to think the team has been dead for over a year.

Just out of interest the HRT F112's are in a Madrid Airport for some kind of exhibition!!
HRT - who else would you support :P
wsrgo

Post by wsrgo »

cbbcisace wrote:
S951 wrote:oh my i miss this team

Me too! sad to think the team has been dead for over a year.

Just out of interest the HRT F112's are in a Madrid Airport for some kind of exhibition!!

Well, at least they are somewhere,,,
eytl wrote:I agree. Especially when he talks about one's nerves sending signals 111a and 6783 etc. to the brain upon seeing Ericsson's hairdo.

He's got it all wrong. When I see Ericsson and Chilton's hairdos, the only signal going to my brain is 1049.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Oh, Narain. Why oh why couldn't you have driven like this for HRT? You would have won every race! :lol:
http://youtu.be/dtYdIXcU-BM?t=49s
-*:-
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Karl Slym died on 26 January. He was the Managing Director of TATA Motors, India's largest automobile manufacturing company. Before joining Tata Motors, Slym was the executive vice president of SGMW Motors, China and president, managing director and board member of General Motors in India between 2007-2011.

Slym fell from a high floor in the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

Jocke1 wrote:Karl Slym died on 26 January. He was the Managing Director of TATA Motors, India's largest automobile manufacturing company. Before joining Tata Motors, Slym was the executive vice president of SGMW Motors, China and president, managing director and board member of General Motors in India between 2007-2011.

Slym fell from a high floor in the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand.

RIP. Any suspicion behind the death?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

watka wrote: Any suspicion behind the death?

You think he might have been pushed?

:o
Just For One Day...
watka
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by watka »

CoopsII wrote:

Anyone famous/wealthy falling from the balcony of a hotel arises suspicion doesn't it? It's not a natural thing to do. One's mind always speculates whether foul play or alcohol/drugs were involved. Perhaps that's a horrible sign of the effect the world has had on me. :?
Watka - you know, the swimming horses guy
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

watka wrote:Any suspicion behind the death?

That little news snippet I posted last night was all there was available at that time.
It's certainly strange.
I had a look at the hotel exterior, I hope he didn't have to suffer long. It's a pretty tall building.
http://www.shangri-la.com/bangkok/shang ... os-videos/
mario

Post by mario »

watka wrote:
CoopsII wrote:

Anyone famous/wealthy falling from the balcony of a hotel arises suspicion doesn't it? It's not a natural thing to do. One's mind always speculates whether foul play or alcohol/drugs were involved. Perhaps that's a horrible sign of the effect the world has had on me. :?

At the moment, the Thai police say that they believe it was suicide rather than murder - there are no signs of a force entry or a struggle within the room, whilst the indication is that the positioning of the window would seem to rule out an accidental death. They're currently investigating a note left in his room (which is being checked for its authenticity) over suspicions that he was suffering from rather traumatic personal issues. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-25909034
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

May we all never forget where F1's latest winner came from.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

From little acorns do big oak trees grow...
Just For One Day...
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Speaking of winners - DAYEL wasn't the only HRT protege that celebrated yesterday.
Ma Qing Hua won Race 2 of WTCC Round of Russia! :D
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Not sure if this ever appeared on the forum, but this is the member card of infamous Colin Colles' OTA (One Team Association).

I think this just deserves to be here.

Dallara, 2010
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

solarcold wrote:Not sure if this ever appeared on the forum, but this is the member card of infamous Colin Colles' OTA (One Team Association).

I think this just deserves to be here.

"Never Forget"

Your avatar is conveying a very powerful message right now.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I've never heard of the One Team Association, what was it?
Just For One Day...
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

CoopsII wrote:I've never heard of the One Team Association, what was it?

When HRT F1 Team left the FOTA, Colin Colles jokingly established an alternative association of his own team and called it One Team Association (OTA). He gave out those member cards to his team personnel, his friends and those who like his sense of humor. It was reported that Monisha Kaltenborn was one of the owners of that card.
Dallara, 2010
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Thanks, Solarcold. That story must have passed me by at the time.

I'm still waiting for my free HRT membership card, I do know that.
Just For One Day...