F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - ROTY voting!!!

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pi314159

Re: F1RWRS -- 2015 Season - Waiting for NC races

Post by pi314159 »

Klon wrote:
Tomo Kazama wrote:Well, since F2RWRS banned me from their Indy race I now race in the big leagues and guess what? I am awesome at it. The Kamaha looked good and was quite nice to drive, even though an oval track is a major challenge. I hope the race goes as well as this, then I can finish on the podium.

Du Lei wrote:The car ran wide ... I-I'm sorry

Meanwhile, since the Indy race is now starting to get underway, I will set the deadline for driver nominations and changes for Le Mans to the point where the second Indy race is online. Any team that has not a full driver line-up arranged until then will be assigned drivers without honor or humanity.

Can I still enter the Le Mans race or is the entry list closed?
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

People at Mecha Grand Prix, after seeing the Indy quali results, wrote:We are destined for anonymity in the race. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Barii Mori wrote:I was happy with my performance, 11th is a reasonable effort. Very happy with Kazamas run to 10th. McKane was unlucky as he could have got a high 44 second time but for being blocked. Du Lei tried too hard, she really needs to impress to find a drive for 2016. I think there will be a Kamaha on the podium, if the car stays on the road.

Rosco Vantini wrote:Momma mia, what was that cieco figlio obeso americano di puttana cieca, Nicolas Steele doing? He cost me a lot of time, I was not 'appy. Daniel vecchio idiota mentalmente fragile Melrose was also not looking where he was going and damaged my car. Although the Jones car is struggling, we are being beaten by Simpsons and HRT. Molto imbarazzante. La vettura è merda di cane. I hope we can do well in the race.

Shinobu Katayama wrote:38th is not great but I am behind my team mate and we are faster then the Foxdales and Arrowtechs, I think a top ten finish is possible.

Saeed Al Faisal wrote:I am very happy with 22nd. This will be my last race and I dedicate this race to my old friend Dave McFaste.

Yuka Katayama wrote:I am sad I am in the pitlane watching the race in the garage, especially as the car looks so fast and good, it reminds me of when my Sister was doing well in the team. Still I am confident that I will be well for the Baltic Sea GP and I hope I can get a good result.

Prince Falik wrote:I am not sure if the car was really bad or if the drivers were bad or were just replaced by people who have never driven a car in their life. It was embarrasing. They better do better in the race....
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

Nathan McKane wrote:After a tough outing at Kyoto, I was hoping qualifying would allow me to do get back on the right foot for oval racing, but damn. The guy who ends up getting the fastest time holds me up. Lovely. Just my luck as of late. Hoping to turn it around for the race.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Yo! What's on with NC races? I wanna get back to work!!
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Aerond wrote:Yo! What's on with NC races? I wanna get back to work!!

TMLW holds everything up as usual. :P

Speaking of NC races: I made a mistake and had one team too many enter the race. Thankfully Autodynamics failed to name a driver line-up and therefore is the obvious option to reduce the field to 14 teams.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Klon wrote:
Aerond wrote:Yo! What's on with NC races? I wanna get back to work!!

TMLW holds everything up as usual. :P

Speaking of NC races: I made a mistake and had one team too many enter the race. Thankfully Autodynamics failed to name a driver line-up and therefore is the obvious option to reduce the field to 14 teams.

TO THE CHATROOM! Indy part 2 will be on momentarily.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
the Masked Lapwing

If you are AndreaModa, Warren Hughes, Shizuka, DanielPT, MinardiFan, The Lukas or tommy, I need your opinion on something. There was a rather large incident at Indy, and I want to know if you'd rather keep the results from lap 127, the final completed lap with 4 finishers, or lap 125, the lap before the crash with 9 finishers. I'm not going to mention who benefits, so you'll all be impartial. Once we get a decision, I'll post the results.

You've all been called because it was a Jones, Prospec, Revolution, Sunshine, Simpson, Dofasco and Gillet running at the time, as well as an MRT and HRT.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Daniel Melrose wrote:Man, this race was one of the most expensive I've ever seen and it'd be madness to come back here next year. Anyways, I'm heading up to the steward's office right now to discuss this further and then I'll be heading down to the medical center to check on Neuberg after his enormous shunt earlier in the day.

For the record, MRT vote for backdating the results back to lap 125.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Wizzie wrote:
Daniel Melrose wrote:Man, this race was one of the most expensive I've ever seen and it'd be madness to come back here next year. Anyways, I'm heading up to the steward's office right now to discuss this further and then I'll be heading down to the medical center to check on Neuberg after his enormous shunt earlier in the day.

What the heck happened?
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Guillaume Gauthier wrote:Although I have no say in the final decision, I believe it would be best for the image of the sport if we had as many finishers as possible. A race with 9 finishers will ultimately look better in the record books than a race with only 4, and although this seems only a minor thing in comparison to the ultimate end of the race, it is the one thing that can be altered. As such, I think the team bosses concerned should vote for the race to be counted back to lap 125.

Furthermore, I hope that the RWRS never returns to Indianapolis, or any oval, for that matter. It is clear that the two are incompatible.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
the Masked Lapwing

tristan1117 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

What the heck happened?

One driver crashed, another hit wreckage, track blocked at turn 4 and everyone piled into it :lol:

HRT will vote for going to lap 127. Just so you're all aware.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

What the heck happened?

Long story short: Walter Williams doesn't want the RWRS back in Indy after this year.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Lap 125. I seriously doubt that one of my cars survived that incident.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'll vote for taking things back to lap 125 as well.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

If the race was stopped, shouldn't results be taken from the final completed lap before the red flag was thrown?
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

I am also for the fact that for taking things back to lap 125 as well.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Lap 125. Because a) there's a small chance that my car that got involved was in a good position, b) if it wasn't, it's still just a non-championship and c) 9 finishers is better than 4.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

I say that we should pretend that this demonlition derby of a race was a bad dream by TMLW and just rerun the race again so it is a bit more realistic. :lol:
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

SuperAguri wrote:I say that we should pretend that this demonlition derby of a race was a bad dream by TMLW and just rerun the race again so it is a bit more realistic. :lol:

What? And have to wait another month for 2016 to start? Are you mad? :lol:
Everything's great.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Fusion's NC livery. It was more lossy then I expected when applying the required colour palette.

Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
the Masked Lapwing

2015 F1RWRS World 800
Right, since the entire race was a massive crashfest, I'm only oing to cover the big smashes, and then do a quick team by team review.

The first one was on lap 2 in the midfield. It was largely caused by Jean-Luc Schiller getting mugged on the back straight by two of the Kingfishers and Tomo Kazama. When they got to turn 3, Martin van der Maeyede was on the putside, Schiller inside him and David Neuberg right down the bottom of the track. VDM had the edge over Schiller, so the Swiss slowed a bit and moved further down, but didn't see Neuberg and made contact. Neuberg launched off Schiller's rear wheel, over Schiller's car and into the catch fencing. Schiller had nowhere to go and got forced into the concrete, while Neuberg, upon landing, rolled 3 times and got clipped by Miko Fakkinen. In the resulting traffic jam, two of the Mechas hit each other, with Dave Anderson forcing Steven Mackintosh into the wall. Mackintosh was out on the spot, not that he would've gotten much further since his engine has caught fire. Up the road, Autodynamics got more bad luck when Damon Cannon caught sone debris and broke his front wing.

The next big one was on lap 4, although really it was two medium incidents at the same time. First it was Barii Mori moving down the track and hitting Aurelien Moll. While Moll was unaffected, Mori went straight back up into the fence, nearly taking out Rhys Davies in the process. Two cars managed to find debris, Daniel Martins losing a front wing and Jean-Vincent Albertini losing a wheel. Further behind, Terry Hawkin understeered wide, the only thing keeping him out of the fence being the Revolution of Shinobu Katayama. Hawkin kept going, Katayama retired, and her uncontrollable car hit Mori's car. She wasn't the only one, as on the next lap Sammy Jones barrelled straight into him putting himself out of the race.

Apart from a few more cars hitting the turn 3 wall, it was fairly quiet until about lap 30. Saeed al Faisal's engine had blown up, and he had been crawling along the back straight very slowly. A few cars, including Fredo Mestolio and Andrea Acuri, had almost had to come to a complete stop to avoid hitting him. Eventually, someone hit him, and that poor guy was Jari Kekkonen. He hit al Faisal at high speed, and that started a chain reaction, as Douglas Mann hit Kekkonen and Frank Zimmer hit Mann. All four retired, and on the next lap more cars got involved, with Pippa Mann, Daniel Melville, Andrea Battani, Marie Simon, Ben Fleet and Andrej Kremnicky all barrelling in. All of them did manage to slow enough to do no further damage, with the exception of Kremnicky, who came in at a fair speed. He didn't hit any cars, but he did hit a marshall, who was immediately airlifted to hospital.

Lap 62 was the next major one, once again because of someone being stupid after an engine failure. This was worse. As he was crawling along, Tomo Kazama, running well inside the top 10, went to the outside to pass Anderson, only for Anderson to turn left and slam Kazama into the fence, putting her out of the race. It also resulted in Damon Cannon's retirement when he hit one of Anderson's wheels.

From there the race calmed down, and it took until lap 126 for the next one. By this point, big wrecks, smaller accidents and mechanical failures had reduced the field from 58 cars to 9. Fredo Mestolio, running fourth, ran out of road at turn 3, hitting the fence and going out of the race. That in itself was a minor incident, but what made it worse was when he was hit by Jason Hamilton, who had been leading. They were then hit by Laurent Seron, then Marie Simon, then Justin Case as well. The five wrecked cars and the debris field blocked the entire track, and fearing for the safety of marshalls, the red flag was shown. Eventually, as by then the leader had completed lap 127, and only four cars remained. When all was sorted in race control, the results were taken from lap 125.

Team by team

MRT - Out of 125 laps, MRT led 120 of them, and 106 of those were led by Hamilton. Nicolas led the opening lap, and only led again when Hamilton pitted. When he threw his car into the turn 3 fence, Melrose took the lead until his engine expired. Hamilton led pretty much from there until the end, except for 5 laps in the 90s after an electrical issue forced him into the pits.

SUNSHINE - Justin Case would finish 7th when the results were backtracked in a very solid race, despite more than a few broken front wings. James Davies was the only driver who could hold a candle to the MRTs early on, quite easily keeping up where everyone else had fallen back. Martins' transmission was one of many to fail, after a early stop to replace a wing. James had retired shortly before after hitting the turn 3 fence, while Jordan had also broken a gearbox fairly early on.

GILLET - Seron is probably the least talented of the four drivers, yet was the only one to make it to the end. Albertini got taken out on lap 4, while Moll and De Bock retired at the same time on lap 54, with Moll crashing and De Bock getting a puncture.

JONES - Whether Sammy had deliberately hit Mori was up for debate, but in the eyes of some he regained some respect when he voted to backtrack the results to lap 125. If the results were taken from 127, Rhys Davies would have won and Jones Racing would have three Dan Wheldon trophies in a row. With the backtracked results, Davies would only be second, the only Jones to get home. Hawkin had probably sustained some sort of damage in the collision with Katayama, as he rubbed the wall a few more times, losing a front wing once and eventually lost it completely, while Vantini broke his gearbox on lap 56.

KAMAHA - Kamaha looked quick. It was just a shame that after 15 laps, three cars were already out. Mori put himself out, McKane crashed on lap 14 and Du Lei had had a gearbox failure the following lap, after hitting the T3 wall early and losing a front wing. Tomo Kazama was running very well until Anderson's brainfade on lap 62.

FOXDALE - How Pippa Mann lasted 112 laps was a very good question, as she had no rear end grip all day and was lucky to keep the car out of the fence that long, including some excellent saves. Douglas was a victim of al Faisal's idiocy, McFry crashed out early and Fleet was a late victim of the gearboxes.

ARROWTECH - Both cars were slow all day, Acuri was barely able to keep the Dofascos behind him. Mignolet stopped with a water leak on lap 25, Acuri blew his engine on 42.

HRT - Dean Melville managed to take a podium place, although he only really deserved fifth, having hit the turn 3 wall about 7 times yet never breaking anything. The other Melville was a late engine failure, while Carter Simpson was the first victim of the troublesome gearboxes, and Frank Zimmer fell victim to Saeed al Faisal.

AERORACING - A bit anonymous today, with two mechanical failures (suspension for Souto Maior and gearbox for Steele) ending their day.

PROSPEC - IIDOTR: Fredo Mestolio, easily. Despite an early crash costing him a front wing and almost a lap, he stayed out of trouble for the most of the day to work his way forward, with proper pace in his car. Setbacks such as slowing for al Faisal and then just avoiding the wreckage on the next lap, as well as a throttle problem forcing him into the pits didn't put him down. He deserved a podium, much more than Melville, but that first crash set him back just a bit too far. While Dan Greenlaw ran well early, he was one of the gearbox victims.

BOXTEL - Hershall managed to find the T3 wall in between the first two accidents, ending his day early. Kekkonen also hit the wall early, right behind Mestolio, before being the first to hit al Faisal. Rueckert was one of the better drivers before crashing out, while Battani made it to lap 73 before his suspension failed, ending Boxtel's day.

ALITALIA - Oh dear. To start with, the car was crap. Agyeman-Badu and van Nieuwenhuijzen both retired with wheel-related problems, a puncture for BVN and one of Marcel's wheels falling off. As for Kremnicky, many in the paddock were calling for his head after he hit the marshall. The unlucky man was immediately airlifted to the nearest hospital, and unfortunately passed away during the night. Kremnicky did win the instant karma award, with his engine starting to smoke precisely 8.927 seconds after he hit the marshall, but he'll have an investigation into the incident over his head, and Tom Douglas is reportedly not too happy with him...

DOFASCO - Of all the cars you would expect to finish, Dofasco was not one of them. Yet Samelko managed to get home. 6 laps down, but he still finished. Even better, he was one of the four to survive the final crash. Tajner and Buyvolov would both break gearboxes, Tajner from behind Samelko and Buyvolov from in front.

KINGFISHER - David Neuberg broke an ankle in his violent smash, but will be ready to race in time for even the French GP early next season. The other two cars ran competitively all race, before a gearbox problem put Valsattis out and van der Maeyede lost oil pressure.

MECHA - Mackintosh and Anderson have both been mentioned, while Whitechapel did all she could to haul that Mecha to places where it didn't deserve to be. For the first 6 laps, anyway, before her engine blew. She deserves a much better car than this.

REVOLUTION - The Japanese pair are fairly talented, yet it was the weakest link in the team that finished the race, with Marie Simon staying out of trouble (mostly) to make it home. Katayama got taken out by Hawkin, while Shizuka's gearbox let go on lap 50.

SIMPSON - ROTR: Saeed al Faisal, for his poor way of parking, but Michael Cameron was one of the better drivers in the race, with only one mistake on lap 109 costing him a podium, when he shattered a front wing on the turn 3 fence.

AUTODYNAMICS - Every time one of them was competitive, misfortune struck. Apart from Schiller's DNF, Miko Fakkinen was on the outskirts of the top 10 when his engine went up in smoke. Damon Cannon was inside the top 10 when he caught some debris from the Anderson/Kazama wreck. As for Bobby Dollar, while he was less competitive and cost the team a fortune in front wings, he was one of the last few runners.

Results

Pos  Driver                        Team                  Time/Retired         Gap          Pit

1st  Jason Hamilton                MRT                   1:37:25.494          125 LAPS     4
2nd  Rhys Davies                   Jones                 1:37:31.909          +    6.415   1
3rd  Dean Melville                 HRT                                        +1 LAP       3
4th  Fredo Mestolio                Prospec                                    +1 LAP       4
5th  Michael Cameron               Simpson                                    +2 LAPS      4
6th  Marie Simon                   Revolution                                 +2 LAPS      2
7th  Justin Case                   Sunshine                                   +3 LAPS      5
8th  Laurent Seron                 Gillet ENB                                 +3 LAPS      3
9th  Cezary Samelko                Dofasco                                    +6 LAPS      2
DNF  Pippa Mann                    Foxdale               Accident (L112)                   3
DNF  Bobby Dollar                  Autodynamics          Accident (L106)                   5

DNF  Daniel Melville               HRT                   Engine (L80)                      2
DNF  Ben Fleet                     Foxdale               Transmission (L77)                2
DNF  Andrea Battani                Boxtel                Suspension (L73)                  2
DNF  Tomo Kazama                   Kamaha                Collision (L62)                   1
DNF  Damon Cannon                  Autodynamics          Collision (L60)                   2
DNF  Dave Anderson                 Mecha                 Engine/Collision (L59)            2
DNF  Marcel Agyemang-Badu          Alitalia              Loose Wheel (L56)                 1
DNF  Rosco Vantini                 Jones                 Transmission (L56)                1
DNF  Miko Fakkinen                 Autodynamics          Engine (L55)                      1
DNF  Aurelien Moll                 Gillet ENB            Accident (L54)                    2
DNF  Thomas De Bock                Gillet ENB            Puncture (L54)                    1
DNF  Daniel Martins                Sunshine              Transmission (L52)                1
DNF  Nicolas Steele                Aeroracing            Transmission (L51)                1

DNF  Hagane Shizuka                Revolution            Transmission (L50)                1
DNF  James Davies                  Sunshine              Accident (L50)                    2
DNF  Martin van der Maeyede        Kingfisher            Oil Leak (L48)                    1
DNF  Andrea Acuri                  ArrowTech             Engine (L42)                      0
DNF  Daniel Melrose                MRT                   Engine (L42)                      0
DNF  Alexey Buyvolov               Dofasco               Transmission (L41)                1
DNF  Johannes Rueckert             Boxtel                Accident (L40)                    1
DNF  Phillippe Nicolas             MRT                   Accident (L36)                    0
DNF  Raul Souto Maior              Aeroracing            Suspension (L33)                  0
DNF  Andrej Kremnicky              Alitalia              Engine (L32)                      0
DNF  Frank Zimmer                  HRT                   Collision (L29)                   1
DNF  Douglas Mann                  Foxdale               Collision (L29)                   0
DNF  Jari Kekkonen                 Boxtel                Collision (L28)                   2

DNF  Saeed al Faisal               Simpson               Engine (L28)                      0
DNF  Matthias Valsattis            Kingfisher            Transmission (L26)                1
DNF  Tomislaw Tajner               Dofasco               Transmission (L25)                0
DNF  Ron Mignolet                  ArrowTech             Water Leak (L25)                  0
DNF  Terry Hawkin                  Jones                 Accident (L21)                    1
DNF  Jordan Davies                 Sunshine              Transmission (L20)                0
DNF  Dan Greenlaw                  Prospec               Transmission (L20)                0
DNF  Bastiaan van Nieuwenhuijzen   Alitalia              Puncture (L16)                    0
DNF  Du Lei                        Kamaha                Transmission (L15)                1
DNF  Nathan McKane                 Kamaha                Accident (L14)                    0
DNF  Martin McFry                  Foxdale               Accident (L9)                     0
DNF  Carter Simpson                HRT                   Transmission (L6)                 0
DNF  Poppy Whitechapel             Mecha                 Engine (L6)                       0

DNF  Sammy Jones                   Jones                 Collision (L5)                    0
DNF  Jean-Vincent Albertini        Gillet ENB            Collision (L4)                    0
DNF  Barii Mori                    Kamaha                Collision (L4)                    0
DNF  Shinobu Katayama              Revolution            Collision (L4)                    0
DNF  Richard Hershall              Boxtel                Accident (L3)                     0
DNF  David Neuberg                 Kingfisher            Collision (L2)                    0
DNF  Steven Mackintosh             Mecha                 Collision (L2)                    0
DNF  Jean-Luc Schiller             Autodynamics          Collision (L2)                    0
DNS  Alessandro Marchesi           MRT                   Injury

Fastest lap: Jason Hamilton - 0:44.242

Lap leaders:
Nicolas - 1, 29-35 (8)
Hamilton - 2-28, 42-92, 98-125 (106)
Melrose - 36-41 (6)
R. Davies - 93-97 (5)

After this show, the F1RWRS will not return to Indy in 2016. Whether I run another NC race at a different venue will depend on my mood. I wonder what would happen at Talladega...
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:After this show, the F1RWRS will not return to Indy in 2016. Whether I run another NC race at a different venue will depend on my mood. I wonder what would happen at Talladega...

Playing GP4 myself on Indy and Talladega, I have made the interesting observation that in GP4 there are more crashes at Indianapolis than at Talladega.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Indianapolis Motor Speedway wrote:Press release regarding the F1RWRS race at Indianapolis

The new management under Walther Williams has always been respecting the agreement between the F1RWRS and the former owners of the IMS. However, the events of this year's race have prompted the management to cancel the contract between the IMS and the F1RWRS with immediate effect. It was clearly seen that the cars of the F1RWRS are not suited to this track. This move is not meant to lock out the F1RWRS. In fact, any F1RWRS is invited to take part at the 2016 Indianapolis 500. Provided that they run IndyCar equipment of course.

Walther Williams
President of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
MIA SAN MIA!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

A solid sixth place. Could have been better, but this is still more than nothing.

dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann would have been top-10 if she had completed just another 13 laps? About the biggest thing Foxdale could take away from that race...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Jari Kekkonen wrote:Well, it's quite obvious that Indianapolis should not be used for any race ever again. The cars used in the F1RWRS and the F2RWRS are built for handling and acceleration, not top speed and stability in near top-speed corners. Accidents were bound to happen.

What happened to Marchesi, anyways?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Jari Kekkonen wrote:Well, it's quite obvious that Indianapolis should not be used for any race ever again. The cars used in the F1RWRS and the F2RWRS are built for handling and acceleration, not top speed and stability in near top-speed corners. Accidents were bound to happen.

Injured in the F2 race.
Everything's great.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
JeremyMcClean wrote:

Injured in the F2 race.

Durr

Nicolas Steele wrote:I'm not too concerned about the transmission problem as it took a lot of abuse being on full throttle for most of the lap. I don't think we should pick another oval for the NC race in 2016, it consistenly destroys cars and causes numerous accidents.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Since there is no reason to extend the waiting period any further, here are the results for the

2016 French Grand Prix

= QUALIFYING =

The method for the qualifying session was the same as it was at the 2014 Luxembourgian Grand Prix: two sessions of 60 minutes, one for each driver of a pairing. After that, a coin toss decided which lap time was taken to determine the grid.

Grid (the lap time that decided grid position is bolded):
1. Nick Nurmester (3:28.655) / Ragnar Lansen (3:28.764)
2. Barii Mori (3:28.972) / Victoria Desai (3:29.167) - +0.317
3. Tomo Kazama (3:28.852) / Nathan McKane (3:29.127) - +0.462
4. Thomas Yorke (3:29.652) / Tommi Hämäläinen (3:28.371) - +0.597
5. Jesus Plaza (3:29.342) / Hansuke Shioya (3:29.179) - +0.687
6. Benoît Voeckler (3:28.410) / Adélaïde Voeckler (3:29.697)- +1.042
7. Dean Melville (3:29.095) / Daniel Melville (3:29.732) - +1.077
8. Daniel Martins (3:29.783) / Yuka Katayama (3:30.148) - +1.128
9. Frank Zimmer (3:30.020) / Carter Simpson (3:30.306) - +1.451
10. Alberto Cara (3:30.342) / Samora Mondlane (3:30.713) - +1.487
11. João Antonio Soares (3:30.874) / Kay Lon (3:30.392) - +1.537
12. James Davies (3:30.588) / Catarina Lopes (3:30.750) - +1.903
13. Thomas de Bock (3:30.680) / Laurent Seron (3:30.516) - +2.025
14. Aurelien Moll (3:30.503) / Gregor Pascal (3:31.276)- +2.614
15. Marie Simon (3:31.597) / Du Lei (3:31.282) - +2.620
16. Herberto Dominguez (3:31.639) / Saaed Al Faisal (3:31.718) - +2.984
17. Pippa Mann (3:31.687) / Jordan Davies (3:31.320) - +3.032
18. Hagane Shizuka (3:31.608) / Shinbou Katayama (3:31.720)- +3.065
19. Marko Jantscher (3:32.206) / Diego Álvarez Torrente (3:31.427) - +3.551
20. Dave Anderson (3:32.294) / Poppy Whitechapel (3:32.691) - +3.639
21. Raffaella Nicchi (3:32.404) / Terenzio Nicchi (3:32.486) - +3.749
22. Steven Mackintosh (3:32.407) / Mustafa Kurniawan (3:32.575) - +3.752
23. Douglas Mann (3:32.486) / Ben Fleet (3:32.612) - +3.876
24. Rob Lomas (3:32.691) / Jesus Dorito (3:32.617) - +3.967
25. Nathanael Spencer (3:33.576) / Olafur Ragnar Hannesson (3:33.544) - +4.899
26. David Kozco (3:33.257) / Dan Greenlaw (3:33.855) - +5.200

= RACE =

I think I am going to steal the team-by-team review:
Gillet Ecurie Nationale Belge: Unlike in Finland, the Belgian team just was not able to get to significant pace. However, just like in the regular season, their ability to quietly pick up results proved valueable and allowed both duos to finish 7th-8th, some twenty seconds away from each other.

Foxdale Auto Racing Team: A disappointing home race for Renault which will fuel rumours that we might not see Renault staying in F1RWRS for this year. Future world champion Jordan Davies was the best driver out of the four, whereas Ben Fleet and Douglas Mann redefined anonymity.

Kamaha Motorsports: About the only top team that did not send a substitute and this "fair play", if you want to call it that, payed off. While Victoria Desai had to park the car after a fatal puncture, Tomo Kazama and Nathan McKane had a perfect drive with only McKane's mediocre first lap being a point of criticism (which he made up with some neat overtaking later in his first stint) to take their first F1RWRS win.

Sunshine Daihatsu: If the team had high hopes after qualifying, those were crushed rather harshly - neither Yuka Katayama nor the returning Kay Lon had enough race pace to avoid dropping of the face of the earth during the first stint. In the end, neither car made the finish.

Holden Racing Team: The Holden cars are generally quite good at extremely low temperatures and this race was no exemption. In the end, the Melville brothers managed to haul their cars on the podium whilst also staying on the leading lap. Frank Zimmer and Carter Simpson did not avoid being lapped but scored a great fourth place. Now if only they can use that performance during the regular season...

Tropico Grand Prix powered by CR Motorsport: On the very high-speed Le Mans track, the Tropico cars were able to use their engine for more success than during the regular season. Alberto Cara and Samora Mondlane finished the race just behind the Holden pair, whereas James Davies and Catarina Lopes had a transmission failure.

Scuderia Alitalia: Non-championship races just are not Alitalia's forte: after taking a marshall straight to hell, they were literally nowhere in Le Mans and struggled to fight the guest entries, with Kozco and Lomas having a rather entertaining battle in the final laps with sunset starting. Even though that was the case, I am afraid there is nothing else to do but award the team Reject Of The Race

Revolution Engineering: A job well-done to what many pundits considered the joke entry: Du Lei and Marie Simon drove a very good race and secured an eight place, even kicking Gillet arse. That earns them Infinite Improbability Drive of the Race. Their team mates were also great, 10th place for then.

Mecha Grand Prix: It is kind of hard to write about this team since they did not do anything of notice and mainly picked up positions by just surviving. While that is ironic, since the Mecha of Kurniawan was the first car to retire from this race, it is not extremely interesting. Still a job reasonably well done by both Dave Anderson and Poppy Whitechapel to grab the 11th place.

Equipe Gauthier: "Cheaters never prosper" is the old saying and you know what: it is utterly false. Whilst neither of the French cars managed to beat the Kamaha of McKane/Kazama, they were quite competitive anyway with Benoit and Adelaide Voeckler performing surprisingly well to finish second by around 20 seconds which gives them the right to participate in proper F1RWRS championship events.

Van Diemen Ilmor: This guest entry would have been well-advised to form a "cooperation agreement" with a top team as well, their own effort, whilst brave, was not very successful with being in the bottom five of the race before retiring and finishing 13th respectively.

Nurminen Racing Engineering: "Cheaters never prosper" is the old saying and you know what: it is absolutely correct. Neither Finnish/British car managed to see the checkered flag with both cars retiring from the lead in the space of five laps; the diagnosis: fatal engine failure. This is especially heartbreaking for Tommi Hämäläinen, who dominated the entire race after pulling the start of the early year 2016.

J.D.D Enterprises PLC LTD Racing: A surprising entry by a team low on the F1RWRS waiting list and their lack of racing experience was noticeable. Still, they managed to make the Scuderia Alitalia look stupid and ought to be respected for that.

Fusion Motorsports: On the Le Mans weekend, there were rumours of Fusion in truth being a Jones-supported effort with Sammy Jones's complaints being merely a false flag operation to allow undisturbed testing of the 2016 Ford engine. If that is true, then Castrol Jones Racing are in for a veeery long year: Fusion Motorsports was not competitive and Marko Jantscher and Diego Álvarez Torrente were unable to show heroics before retiring nine laps from the end.

Grid:
1. Tomo Kazama / Nathan McKane - Kamaha-Yamaha - 7:28:13.474
2. Benoît Voeckler / Adélaïde Voeckler - Gauthier-BMW - +27.073
3. Dean Melville / Daniel Melville - Holden - +2:41.018
4. Frank Zimmer / Carter Simpson - Holden - 1 Lap
5. Alberto Cara / Samora Mondlane - Tropico-Gillet - 1 Lap
6. Thomas de Bock / Laurent Seron - Gillet - 1 Lap
7. Aurelien Moll / Gregor Pascal - Gillet - 1 Laps
8. Marie Simon / Du Lei - Revolution-Honda - 2 Laps
9. Pippa Mann / Jordan Davies - Foxdale-Renault - 2 Laps
10. Hagane Shizuka / Shinbou Katayama - Revolution-Honda - 2 Laps
11. Dave Anderson / Poppy Whitechapel - Mecha-Ford - 2 Laps
12. Douglas Mann / Ben Fleet - Foxdale-Renault - 3 Laps
13. Raffaella Nicchi / Terenzio Nicchi - Van Diemen-Ilmor - 3 Laps
14. Rob Lomas / Jesus Dorito - J.D.D.-Porsche - 3 Laps
15. David Kozco / Dan Greenlaw - Alitalia-Lancia - 3 Laps
16. Nathanael Spencer / Olafur Ragnar Hannesson - Alitalia-Lancia - 4 Laps
17. Marko Jantscher / Diego Álvarez Torrente - Fusion-Ford - Transmission
DNF Daniel Martins / Yuka Katayama - Puncture
DNF Nick Nurmester / Ragnar Lansen - Nurmester-Chrysler - Engine
DNF Thomas Yorke / Tommi Hämäläinen - Nurmester-Chrysler - Engine
DNF James Davies / Catarina Lopes - Tropico-Gillet - Transmission
DNF João Antonio Soares / Kay Lon - Sunshine-Daihatsu - Puncture
DNF Barii Mori / Victoria Desai - Kamaha-Yamaha - Puncture
DNF Jesus Plaza / Hansuke Shioya - Gauthier-BMW - Electrical
DNF Herberto Dominguez / Saaed Al Faisal - Van Diemen-Ilmor - Engine
DNF Steven Mackintosh / Mustafa Kurniawan - Mecha-Ford - Oil Leak

Fastest lap of the race: Thomas Yorke / Tommi Hämäläinen - Nurminen-Chrysler - 3:30.841

Pictures of the race:
The start!

Hämäläinen and Yorke dominate the first half of the Grand Prix.

Even though reliability was surprisingly well, some cars just didn't make it to the finish.

Positions were fought for on the track ...

... and in the pits.

Two Voecklers on their way to a podium finish.

All guest entries tried their absolute best, some with more, some with less success.

Tomo Kazama crosses the line to win the French Grand Prix for herself and Nathan McKane!
Last edited by Klon on 21 Apr 2013, 15:59, edited 2 times in total.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

9th and 12th out of 17 finishers and 26 entries? Positively mid-field! Could be worse, so it'll be considered acceptable. Still, nothing like Foxdale's 1st season...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Considering our entry was pretty last minute, we did alright until retirement. Diego did a very good job in qualifying; shame his time wasn't the representative one.

I think that's a good baseline for any entry in the future.

We can categorically deny any rumours of a Jones tie-up, because our engine wasn't even a similar spec...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Nice job, 8th and 10th is definitely above our expectations. Also the IIDOTR is a surprise.

Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Emanuele Nicchi wrote:CAZZO ILMOR PEZZI DI MERDA!!!!!!
Trump 2016
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

dr-baker wrote:9th and 12th out of 17 finishers and 26 entries? Positively mid-field! Could be worse, so it'll be considered acceptable. Still, nothing like Foxdale's 1st season...

I'm baffled that you find that an acceptable result. Both your cars got beaten by a Torpico and a Revolution, and the second car finished behind the other Revolution and a freaking Mecha! :lol:
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Wizzie wrote:
dr-baker wrote:9th and 12th out of 17 finishers and 26 entries? Positively mid-field! Could be worse, so it'll be considered acceptable. Still, nothing like Foxdale's 1st season...

I'm baffled that you find that an acceptable result. Both your cars got beaten by a Torpico and a Revolution, and the second car finished behind the other Revolution and a freaking Mecha! :lol:

Oh, I don't know. Back in the day when Foxdale was getting poles and double-DNFs, that was frustrating. But since then, Foxdale have not been qualifying as well, but at least getting top-10 finishes. Still trying to work out which is better...
MCard LOLA
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Klon wrote:
J.D.D Enterprises PLC LTD Racing: A surprising entry by a team low on the F1RWRS waiting list and their lack of racing experience was noticeable. Still, they managed to make the Scuderia Alitalia look stupid and ought to be respected for that.

rob lomas wrote:I'm glad the car even finished as that is a good result
Last edited by roblo97 on 24 Apr 2013, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

You did good in backtracking the results to 125, TMLW!
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Can somebody compile a list of all eligible drivers to a Reject License on 2016???
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.