The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
roblo97

Re: The Ali Dia Football/Soccer Thread

Post by roblo97 »

Could someone please enlighten me about the spurs score today?
Thanks
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

roblomas52 wrote:Could someone please enlighten me about the spurs score today?
Thanks

Go to this website called www.google.com

Using a keyboard (available from all good retailers) type in "Tottenham Hotspur Scores"

Using the built-in viewing interface that comes as standard with all Homo sapiens, scroll down the screen to find the result you're looking for.

Et voila.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Warren Hughes wrote:The new 'Head Coach' of Sunderland is... Paolo di Canio! I have literally no idea what to make of this.

David Miliband has apparently now left his role on the club's board. I'm not sure the appointment of di Canio offsets the loss of a very capable and influential figure in a high up role within the club. I hope I'm wrong.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Thanks

Go to this website called http://www.google.com

Using a keyboard (available from all good retailers) type in "Tottenham Hotspur Scores"

Using the built-in viewing interface that comes as standard with all Homo sapiens, scroll down the screen to find the result you're looking for.

Et voila.

I am posting on my iPod so I sort of can't buy a keyboard
Also iz it because I am a "Yid"?
As well as that the greatest team in north London beat Swansea 2-1
Last edited by roblo97 on 31 Mar 2013, 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
Thanks

Et voila.

:lol: :lol:
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Warren Hughes wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:The new 'Head Coach' of Sunderland is... Paolo di Canio! I have literally no idea what to make of this.

David Miliband has apparently now left his role on the club's board. I'm not sure the appointment of di Canio offsets the loss of a very capable and influential figure in a high up role within the club. I hope I'm wrong.

Like all self-serving politicians (left-wing or otherwise) he's using this as a handy excuse to do something he probably would have done fairly soon anyway given that he's buggering off to America.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:
Thanks

Et voila.

I am posting on my iPod so I sort of can't buy a keyboard
Also iz it because I am a "Yid"?
As well as that the greatest team in north London beat Swansea 2-1

I can't stand how Tottenham fans call themselves "Yids". If nothing, it can be construed as racist..."yid" being a derogatory term for a Jew and the nickname being, I believe, a hangover from the Alan Sugar days.
Last edited by Ataxia on 31 Mar 2013, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Paolo Di Canio as coach of Sunderland? Crikey, this should be interesting.

If he somehow turns them around in the next couple of seasons, I can see him moving to Lazio to replace Claudio Lotito eventually.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Barbazza wrote:
Warren Hughes wrote:

Like all self-serving politicians (left-wing or otherwise) he's using this as a handy excuse to do something he probably would have done fairly soon anyway given that he's buggering off to America.

On reflection I agree that he probably would have left anyway, but AFAIK he was doing some good work behind the scenes. Life goes on though, what counts is what happens on the pitch. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to the ride.

shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:I can't stand how Tottenham fans call themselves "Yids". If nothing, it can be construed as racist..."yid" being a derogatory term for a Jew and the nickname being, I believe, a hangover from the Alan Sugar days.

Sure there was an overwhelmingly unsuccessful campaign started by David Baddiel a couple of years ago to stop the use of it, both as abuse and as a reclaimed word regarding Spurs fans - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvJC1_hKt8. Interesting stuff.

On a similarly non-directly football related note: I find it interesting that Miliband's leaving his position at Sunderland as di Canio arrives, given di Canio's self-professed extreme right-wing beliefs! Edit - just read that this is Miliband's excuse for leaving, fair enough I guess. Was a sweet job while he had it, £100,000+ for a fortnight's work a year.

Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I think Paolo will do well.

Certainly got a bit of passion. Experience is an issue, but can see them stay up.

Whether a permanent position not sure. I think O'Neill was unlucky. The previous manager was backed with a big budget and did little, O'Neill did with what he could. Remember too that Steven Fletcher, their major (only?) striker is out for the year, so too is captain (and hard man) Lee Cattermole is out for the year also. Two key players. Danny Graham (ST) bought from Swansea has struggled.

Or perhaps any team with Titus Bramble is doomed for failure! LOLOL
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

Oh boy, I can't wait to see antifascists turning up at Sunderland. :lol:

Besides, di Canio was once beaten up by Italian fascists, because they didn't consider him to be a "true" fascist anymore. :lol

As for Bayern: They really need to be more alert when their opponents have corner kicks. Hamburg scored these two goals via corners. Other than that, a marvellous game by Bayern. The best thing was that Heynckes was only fielding an A- team. Pizarro also finally scored his first goals of the Bundesliga season. So Juve, bring it on! :twisted:
MIA SAN MIA!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Ferrarist wrote:Oh boy, I can't wait to see antifascists turning up at Sunderland. :lol:

Besides, di Canio was once beaten up by Italian fascists, because they didn't consider him to be a "true" fascist anymore. :lol

Image Image
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Only 16% of fans on Sunderland's biggest message board are against Paolo di Canio's appointment. Don't believe the press!

Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Doesn't surprise me at all. It's only this country's disgraceful (and, not entirely coincidentally, predominantly left-wing) media that are making such a big palaver about this. Particularly the BBC, I'm sorry to say. Which is interesting, as he's been doing a column for them. Not any more, I expect.

What no-one is pointing out is that there was no fuss whatsoever when he joined Swindon other than the entirely appropriate discussion about whether his managerial skills were up to it yet.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Barbazza wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all. It's only this country's disgraceful (and, not entirely coincidentally, predominantly left-wing) media that are making such a big palaver about this. Particularly the BBC, I'm sorry to say. Which is interesting, as he's been doing a column for them. Not any more, I expect.

What no-one is pointing out is that there was no fuss whatsoever when he joined Swindon other than the entirely appropriate discussion about whether his managerial skills were up to it yet.

You say left-wing like it's a bad thing. ;)

I don't see the fuss myself. So he has extreme right-wing beliefs? So what? I mean, as far I'm concerned, it just means he's that much more of a douche. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to run a football club. That's just stupid.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

The funny thing with Di Canio is that he is actually quite a good gaffer

In other news...

Hamburg announce plans to have a club BBQ to apologise to their fans after the 9-2 defeat to Bayern Munich
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Doesn't surprise me at all. It's only this country's disgraceful (and, not entirely coincidentally, predominantly left-wing) media that are making such a big palaver about this. Particularly the BBC, I'm sorry to say. Which is interesting, as he's been doing a column for them. Not any more, I expect.

I don't see the fuss myself. So he has extreme right-wing beliefs? So what? I mean, as far I'm concerned, it just means he's that much more of a douche. It doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed to run a football club. That's just stupid.

Here's the thing. He may have crappy political beliefs, but frankly, as long as he keeps it away from football from now on, I couldn't care less. There wasn't any indication of turning Swindon Town into a fascist club. He didn't make an arse of himself in any way. He got the job done.

The world is full of dicks. But dicks can often be very good at their job. Even though I'm in the 'other' camp, I have to say, this was a good appointment by Sunderland. Paolo will give the players a very swift kick up the arse and either make them give 110% for the rest of the season, and gets the results he needs, or cut loose the players who refuse to play ball with him.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Stramala wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Here's the thing. He may have crappy political beliefs, but frankly, as long as he keeps it away from football from now on, I couldn't care less. There wasn't any indication of turning Swindon Town into a fascist club. He didn't make an arse of himself in any way. He got the job done.

The world is full of dicks. But dicks can often be very good at their job. Even though I'm in the 'other' camp, I have to say, this was a good appointment by Sunderland. Paolo will give the players a very swift kick up the arse and either make them give 110% for the rest of the season, and gets the results he needs, or cut loose the players who refuse to play ball with him.

*Round of applause*

Couldn't agree with you more. He's made a special effort to keep any political beliefs away from management, and the media are trying to provoke a response out of him. I'm not agreeing with Mr. Di Canio's beliefs by any stretch, but as long as he continues to keep them to himself then I'll respect that.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:You say left-wing like it's a bad thing. ;)

They always say you get more right wing as you get older. I never used to believe it, but now I know it's true!

I'm not quite as far right as dear Paolo, though, just for the record!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Stramala wrote:The world is full of dicks. But dicks can often be very good at their job. Even though I'm in the 'other' camp, I have to say, this was a good appointment by Sunderland. Paolo will give the players a very swift kick up the arse and either make them give 110% for the rest of the season, and gets the results he needs, or cut loose the players who refuse to play ball with him.

He's made a good start by (apparently - could be more media rubbish) saying that they've only got about 6 good players in the squad. That's about right! (sorry, Warren)

I think Titus Bramble will last....about another week. If he's lucky.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Barbazza wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:You say left-wing like it's a bad thing. ;)

They always say you get more right wing as you get older. I never used to believe it, but now I know it's true!

I'm not quite as far right as dear Paolo, though, just for the record!

Quite the opposite, i get more left-wing every year (and i know of more people that do) it kind of depends what you have to go trough in life, i guess. But then again, i consider myself as 'in the middle, slightly to the left' but others consider this as 'extreme left'. But that's just evolution. I would be considered normal if i lived 10 years back, but now i'm sort of a hippie by other peoples standards :lol:
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Maybe it's not true then - maybe I'll swing back the other way at some point.

That's it, I've got it!
THAT'S what Deletraz was doing - he was representing the change in political views as you age via the time-honoured method of swerving his car to the left, then the right, then left again.

This must be how Archimedes felt.
Ferrarist

Post by Ferrarist »

To nip any political discussion in the bud: Bayern won 2-0 against Juve. Not bad, but Bayern reaching the semi-finals isn't completely sure. Juve also acted like the biggest bunch of scumbags (Especially Vidal. Now I'm also not saying that he deserved getting kicked by Ribery). It ain't definitely the team of del Piero, Zidane or Peruzzi anymore. Now I just hope that Bayern does well in Torino, but yesterday's good performance is encouraging enough.
MIA SAN MIA!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Barbazza wrote:Maybe it's not true then - maybe I'll swing back the other way at some point.

That's it, I've got it!
THAT'S what Deletraz was doing - he was representing the change in political views as you age via the time-honoured method of swerving his car to the left, then the right, then left again.

And none of the directions made the car faster! In fact, racing can learn us that sometimes left is the right direction, sometimes right is the right direction, and sometimes you have to stay in the middle. Getting political-philosophical about racing, that is wat JDD wanted us to do!

And don't worry about deep political discussions, we're wise enough to keep that out the forum.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Barbazza wrote:
Stramala wrote:The world is full of dicks. But dicks can often be very good at their job. Even though I'm in the 'other' camp, I have to say, this was a good appointment by Sunderland. Paolo will give the players a very swift kick up the arse and either make them give 110% for the rest of the season, and gets the results he needs, or cut loose the players who refuse to play ball with him.

He's made a good start by (apparently - could be more media rubbish) saying that they've only got about 6 good players in the squad. That's about right! (sorry, Warren)

I think Titus Bramble will last....about another week. If he's lucky.

I love that you think I'll be offended by you saying we've not got many good players - I'm the one who's been watching them all season! :lol:

Although on paper I don't think your squad's any better than ours :P

roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

This wrote:
Barbazza wrote:Maybe it's not true then - maybe I'll swing back the other way at some point.

That's it, I've got it!

And none of the directions made the car faster! In fact, racing can learn us that sometimes left is the right direction, sometimes right is the right direction, and sometimes you have to stay in the middle. Getting political-philosophical about racing, that is wat JDD wanted us to do!

And don't worry about deep political discussions, we're wise enough to keep that out the forum.

Or are we?

Britain is so shite because every wednesday, the house of commons ask the knobhead in charge of the country ( prime minister ) and the answers are always the same whilst x,000,000 people are thinking " you promised change and all that big society shite, so why the f***ing hell haven't you done any of it"
The only people I like in Britain are my family, friends and Queen Elizabeth the Second.
The education system in this country is more f***ed up than ever before, we have had the student riots over uni tuition fees.
In fact if I went to Uni, it wouldn't be here in this desolate rock in the north Atlantic.

Out of Intrest, how much are tuition fees in Belgium?
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

roblomas52 wrote:Britain is so shite because every wednesday, the house of commons ask the knobhead in charge of the country ( prime minister ) and the answers are always the same whilst x,000,000 people are thinking " you promised change and all that big society shite, so why the f***ing hell haven't you done any of it"

Wait, you actually think PMQs matters at all? :lol: Nah, that's just a load of pointless preening which politicians do in the deluded belief that the general populace a) cares and b) isn't completely repulsed by. The important stuff is what goes on when no-ones watching: either behind closed doors or on BBC Parliament...

I will say no more, for fear of going too far into boring political discussion.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

What I would like to see in the next two years is Ed Miliband proving that he actually is a man for the people. If/When that happens, I will start supporting Labour again. Until then though, none of them are getting my vote. Especially not UKIP. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Best thing to do with tuition fees is to realise that you won't need to pay back anything until you're earning over £21,000 a year. Don't let it put you off wanting to attend university. :)
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

roblomas52 wrote:Britain is so shite because every wednesday, the house of commons ask the knobhead in charge of the country ( prime minister ) and the answers are always the same whilst x,000,000 people are thinking " you promised change and all that big society shite, so why the f***ing hell haven't you done any of it"
The only people I like in Britain are my family, friends and Queen Elizabeth the Second.
The education system in this country is more f***ed up than ever before, we have had the student riots over uni tuition fees.
In fact if I went to Uni, it wouldn't be here in this desolate rock in the north Atlantic.

Out of Intrest, how much are tuition fees in Belgium?

I don't think they exist, or at least they are reasonable. At least i can't remember having to pay a lot last time i tried. (it's still expensive because of student homes, books and sometimes some other stuff you need, but i guess that's not different in other countries) Our college school system is pretty good and reasonably accessible. Our problem is mainly the secundary school system, which is too inconsistent, depending on which school you go to. (to prove my point, there are only two people that ever went to the same secundary school as me that became succesful, and one of them is Georges Leekens :lol: )
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Guys, I would just like to point out that this is the Ali Dia football thread, not the Chris Huhne politics thread. Remember the last time political beliefs were discussed here?
TORA! TORA! TORA!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:Guys, I would just like to point out that this is the Ali Dia football thread, not the Chris Huhne politics thread. Remember the last time political beliefs were discussed here?

Just had a good idea for a thread now ;)
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

roblomas52 wrote:
This wrote:

That's it, I've got it!

Or are we?

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

GOD DAMN WORLD PRESS, LOOK WHAT YOU DID. YOU RUINED THE FOOTBALL THREAD. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?!

Right, let's get back on track. No more talk of Di Canio until he starts participating in matches.

Rodrigo Palacio is absolutely immense. The rest of the season would look incredibly bleak for Inter without him. Here's why;
Reason #1
Reason #2

Image Image
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Shouldn't this thread be named after Michael Schumacher, after all, he was a footballer for Swiss second division team FC Echichens.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

redbulljack14 wrote:Shouldn't this thread be named after Michael Schumacher, after all, he was a footballer for Swiss second division team FC Echichens.

I considered it, but considering the story of Ali Dia is one of the most rejectful in the world, he surely gets the nod.

For the uninformed, here's a video on him.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Liverpool comming to Melbourne!

Oh I will be going to see them thats for sure, to hopefully see my team (Melbourne) beat the Reds! Positive thing is that they SHOULD be bringing a strong side.

But Melbourne's record against 'bigger' sides is not good: Juventus, we lost 4-1 (weak side), Fulham we lost 4-0 (strong side), Olympiakos and Celtic lost bith 1-0, and we drew LA Galaxy 2-2 midway thru our season and in their pre season too.

But still good for a big team to come, hopefully fingers crossed that Arsenal will load a few Emirates jets and come to Melbourne as well soon. I know they are going to Japan and Indonesia next pre-season, but need (want) em here!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Warren Hughes wrote:Although on paper I don't think your squad's any better than ours :P

Sadly, you're absolutely right. I'm trying to think of players who've been consistently good this season. Um....Winston Reid, Mark Noble at a push. That's it!
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Tottenham were really crap tonight and I personally thought Basel should have won
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:

DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

After single handedly winning the Sampdoria game for Inter yesterday, Palacio is now injured and out for a whole month.

WHY DO I SUPPORT INJURENAZIONALE MILANO?! WHY????? If anything is going to cause me to suicide, it's this ****ing team...

Now we're gonna have to rely on freaking Montalbano for goals...DEAR GOD WHY

Image Image