GT-R WC 2016: Mod Released

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
TomWazzleshaw

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Liveries Completed, Ratings Soon

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Slight livery change over at JLD: Will you be able to chuck a few logos for Gruen Beer on there?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RealRacingRoots

Post by RealRacingRoots »

I am still at work on making a solid ratings system for the drivers, but in the meantime sometime I've been investigating is having different cars use different wheel and tire combinations. And recently I've made a breakthrough in them which allows just that, different wheel and tire textures on the car. Now this DOES NOT affect performance, as that will come down to the ratings system again. So for now, enjoy the options.

Corvette C5-R:
Dunlop Tires + Wheels BBS
Michelin Tires + Wheels BBS

Chrysler Viper GTS-R:
Dunlop Tires + Wheels BBS
Pirelli Tires + Wheels OZ
Dunlop Tires + Wheels ATS
Pirelli Tires + Wheels BBS
Michelin Tires + Wheels BBS

Ferrari 550 Maranello:
Michelin Tires + OZ Wheels 2003
Dunlop Tires + Wheels ATS
Pirelli Tires + Wheels OZ
Michelin Tires + OZ Wheels 2004

Ferrari 575 GTC:
Pirelli Tires + Wheels OZ gray
Michelin Tires + Wheels OZ gray

Lister Storm:
Dunlop Tires + Wheels Speedline Black
Dunlop Tires + Wheels Speedline yellow

Saleen S7R:
Dunlop Tires + Wheels BBS Grey
Dunlop Tires + Wheels OZ Grey
Dunlop Tires + Wheels OZ White
Pirelli Tires + Wheels BBS Grey
Dunlop Tires + Wheels OZ Black
Pirelli Tires + Wheels BBS Black

Genstrings for the Murcielago exist, but they do not change the wheels or tires, afaik. And there isn't a genstring for the Zonda, because it is a mod and the Zonda GR didn't change at all when it was actually ran. (outside of the gearbox, but I digress) There isn't anything I can do if you can't get the combination you want, but hey this is a cool spot right?
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 01 Apr 2013, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.
The Truth Shall set you free. (no theme music plays)
Tomáš.......Ttaaaaaaaattaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Watch this if you want to learn about what Canada is really like.
GT Super Series
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

Ambrose-Milan will take Michelins.
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Kun Engineering will take Michelins.
Trump 2016
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

No Bridgestone at all? Fine, we will take the only available option and replace the tire sponsors on the car. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

IBR Alitalia Ferrari will use Pirelli tyres + OZ wheels. Obviously, as the logos for these are already on the car! :)
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

GP/Pan-Asia will take the black version of the tyros for the Storm.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

Aero Kings will have Dunlop with BBS.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Pirelli with BBS Grey for Onyx.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

Union Saviour will use Michelin rubber
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Michelin Tires + OZ Wheels 2004 for Scuderia Belgio

+ I'm willing to put in a 2 new drivers, because my current drivers are actually kind of lame, if you're interested, let me know.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Ratings Details

I highly advise if any team is looking into new drivers (Read: Scuderia Belgio and others) that they get that done now, as I am nearly ready to take in ratings for drivers for the upcoming season. I plan to do a pre-season test at a currently undisclosed track after all the ratings are taken in and are in-putted into the .rcd files for the drivers. If you've hired drivers that you don't manage to drive for your team, I highly recommend you talk with that manager/owner (via PMs) so you can have both parties happy with the ratings. Once again, Do Not send in ratings yet. I will post when you can and a deadline for the ratings. If there is something you do not understand, or you have a question do not refrain from asking. I am open to changes and refinement for the good of a great series. Anyways...

There are 2 sections to the driver ratings, one for general performance, and the other for each driver's style.

Section 1: Driver Performance

Race Ability (Dry): 1 - 5
Rain Ability: 1 - 5
Qualifying Ability: 1 - 5

For these ratings: the lower the value, the faster the driver. In order to ensure users do not give me drivers with 1s for all 3, a minimum required average is being instated to add more variety in the driver's ratings and (in result) the results for each session and race. If you are below the minimum average, a penalty of +1 will be given to one of the 3 attributes at random until the average is reached. There are also rating penalties being added depending on which relation to factory you chose during the entry process and what car you are driving (this isn't a one-make series, after-all). The idea behind the relation to factory penalties is the idea that the factory team gets the best/fastest equipment and all the updates before other teams using the same car. The values are modifiable to the thousandth, so there is a big degree of precision you can have with ratings in both sections.

The Minimum Number Required for Section 1 is: 2.125

Section 2: Driver Specialization
Cornering Add: 0.5-2 (Affects low speed corners)
Cornering Mult: 0.950-1 (Affects high speed corners)
Track Agression: 0.5-1.25

For these ratings the higher the value, the faster or more aggressive the driver is. I am currently considering a maximum average for the cornering values, but since Section 1 does more work in creating the pace of the driver, the odds of the maximum ceiling existing will be slim. Aggression will not be touched by any average and that help produce a driver's style on track.

This is all being done since driver ratings do a lot of work in creating the pace of a car. Other files do play a part (namely the .hdc and .eng files for the chassis and engine performance respectively) but not as much as the nut behind the wheel. Once again, if you don't get something do not refrain from asking. Thanks.
GT Super Series
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Send in Your Ratings! Due 5/04

So, since it seems like no one protests or has questions about my proposed rating systems (although I imagine someone will now that this is happening) I feel ready for this part of the process to being.

Send In Your Driver Ratings!
Send them to me Via the E-MAIL button on the side by my profile picture . If you haven't talked to the user who manages drivers for your cars, talk to them now rather than later. If you run a team and manage your own drivers, you can send in those ratings in now and get your other drivers in time in agreement with the other manager(s).

Ratings are due on midnight (PST), May the Fourth. There will be a 3 day grace period after the deadline before I begin to add penalties to ratings that are sent in late. After the grace period, the minimum average will increase from 2.125 to 2.5 after another 3 days, then to 3.000 six days after the grace period, then to 3.500 ten days after the grace period. After that, I will randomly generate the remaining driver ratings whilst keeping to the 3.500 Late Minimum. I'm giving you nearly a month to get R done, you have been warned!

There are 2 sections to the driver ratings, one for general performance, and the other for each driver's style.

Race Ability (Dry): 1 - 5
Rain Ability: 1 - 5
Qualifying Ability: 1 - 5

For these ratings: the lower the value, the faster the driver.
The Minimum Number Required for Section 1 is: 2.125
If a driver has his average below 2.125, a penalty of +1 will be given to one of the three stats at random until the minimum is reached.

Cornering Add: 0.5-2 (Affects low speed corners)
Cornering Mult: 0.950-1 (Affects high speed corners)
Track Agression: 0.5-1.25

For these ratings the higher the value, the faster or more aggressive the driver is.

So for each driver, you send me the ratings for both sections. For Example:

Antonio Fazio:

Race Ability (Dry): X
Rain Ability: X
Qualifying Ability: X

Cornering Add: X
Cornering Mult: X
Track Agression: X
With X being the rating you send me.

Seems easy, right? Any questions, do not be afraid to ask. If it's about a driver's ratings and you want to know if they're okay? I can check that too. Have fun!
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well i changed my drivers to Sung and Garfünkel, assuming the series Simon was entered in wasn't going to start, but it did start anyway. So i'm not sure if there are any calendar clashes between both series. In case there is, i'll have to put in, obviously, Justin Case as a reserve. So can you confirm me if i need a third driver, then i'll send you his stats.
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

One thing i kind of forgot, the starting driver is the one to do qualifying, right? If so, I would like to switch my two drivers around and have Du Lei be the starting driver.
RealRacingRoots

Keep sending in those ratings! I am in the process of adding the entries for the teams that have already sent in ratings.

But in the meantime, I am considering opening up the Super GP at High Speed Ring to a second class for one off entries. The plan would be to have the one-off cars in GT2 class cars so that that would have their own battle (for cash and maybe other rewards) and only indirectly affect the championship battle. Users on the reserve list would be guaranteed for the one-off entries. Any opinions?
GT Super Series
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Klon wrote:One thing i kind of forgot, the starting driver is the one to do qualifying, right? If so, I would like to switch my two drivers around and have Du Lei be the starting driver.

Well, looks like i've overlooked that one. I can't remember the exact stats i gave to my drivers, but think i nominated the best qualifier as second driver, which isn't very good. Oh why can't i do these kind of things right the first time :roll: Now i'm annoying realracingroots to no end with my changes :P
RealRacingRoots

This wrote:
Klon wrote:One thing i kind of forgot, the starting driver is the one to do qualifying, right? If so, I would like to switch my two drivers around and have Du Lei be the starting driver.

Well, looks like i've overlooked that one. I can't remember the exact stats i gave to my drivers, but think i nominated the best qualifier as second driver, which isn't very good. Oh why can't i do these kind of things right the first time :roll: Now i'm annoying realracingroots to no end with my changes :P

It takes a great deal to annoy me. You aren't even close so I wouldn't worry. :lol:

The changes are easy to make, although I'll need to remember to change it on the wiki.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

RealRacingRoots wrote:
This wrote:

It takes a great deal to annoy me. You aren't even close so I wouldn't worry. :lol:

The changes are easy to make, although I'll need to remember to change it on the wiki.

This is a good point. I think I'll have to switch Rafael Modena to be the starting/qualifying driver of the #27 then, considering Dennis Mignolet is a steady hand in the race but not a great qualifier...

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

Quick Update:

I have received ratings for these teams:
Scuderia Vittore
Racing Team Solvalou
Scuderia Belgio
Best In The World Motorsport
Gerald Pereria-Pan Asia Alliance
Onyx Racing
Rosenforth Engineering
Aurico Autosport
JLD Motorsport
Kun Engineering

Ratings I've received after this post:
Union Saver Developments
Ambrose-Milan Autosport
Aeroracing Engineering

If your team isn't on the list, but you sent it, try again on that little e-mail button by my name on this post. Or if you catch me on the IRC, you can PM me there. There's still 10 days or so until the deadline plus an additional 3 days until penalties are in effect.

I am willing to allow an additional 15 entries for the Super GP at High Speed Ring in GT2 cars, down the line this season I will open up entries on a first-come-first-serve basis with details for that a few days before I open them up. (Probably around Silverstone is when I'll take in entries)
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 24 Apr 2013, 00:58, edited 2 times in total.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I will send ratings soon.

Just so you know, This handed responsibility for Dennis Mignolet's stats over to me, even though it's his driver.

Image Image
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Stramala wrote:I will send ratings soon.

Just so you know, This handed responsibility for Dennis Mignolet's stats over to me, even though it's his driver.

Well i assume that you will respect the guideluines i gave you (why else would you have asked me first?), but indeed you are allowed to put in lots of details as you see fit.
He nearly always beat his teammates, but frankly, his teammates were usually rubbish, so this doesn't say anything about how good he is. We only know he is experienced, and that he is the older brother of the most badass driver in the FxRWRS universe. And that his family knows a magical secret waffle recipe.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:
Stramala wrote:I will send ratings soon.

Well i assume that you will respect the guideluines i gave you (why else would you have asked me first?), but indeed you are allowed to put in lots of details as you see fit.
He nearly always beat his teammates, but frankly, his teammates were usually rubbish, so this doesn't say anything about how good he is. We only know he is experienced, and that he is the older brother of the most badass driver in the FxRWRS universe. And that his family knows a magical secret waffle recipe.

A cup of Lavezzi espresso with a Mignolet waffle for breakfast. Scuderia Alitalia is the place to be in the morning. Mmmm...

Image Image
RealRacingRoots

This is my final post before the deadline in 2 days, and the ending of the grace period in 5.

Teams that have not sent in ratings:
Scuderia Alitalia (Stramala will send them in for Monday)

If you want, I can make the ratings for you teams for you, just PM me the general characteristics of the driver (ie what they are good at, and their general talent), But otherwise, time is running out.
Last edited by RealRacingRoots on 05 May 2013, 22:17, edited 7 times in total.
GT Super Series
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I wanted to do mine but Uni got in the way. However I can get some written up this coming Monday, when finally my major deadlines will have elapsed.

Image Image
HawkAussie

Post by HawkAussie »

Tassie Racing would like to enter the SuperGP and will take number 175 in a Ferrari 575 GTC
Officially Retired
RealRacingRoots

Matt121 wrote:Tassie Racing would like to enter the SuperGP and will take number 175 in a Ferrari 575 GTC

I will not be opening up Super GP one off entries for a while, and I will give details once we approach then. The interest has been noted.
GT Super Series
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

While I remember, can I switch some drivers around and make Zimmer the starting driver in the #31?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

RealRacingRoots wrote:I am still at work on making a solid ratings system for the drivers, but in the meantime sometime I've been investigating is having different cars use different wheel and tire combinations. And recently I've made a breakthrough in them which allows just that, different wheel and tire textures on the car. Now this DOES NOT affect performance, as that will come down to the ratings system again. So for now, enjoy the options.

Puyo Puyo Racing choose Speedline Yellow
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
RealRacingRoots

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Waiting for Season Start

So everyone knows, I do intend to have a pre-season test when the pre-season for the RWRS begins to hot up again. It will be a 2 day test at a track currently not on the calendar, consisting of 2 long and 2 short sessions. The 2 long are considered actual practice sessions by the game, while the 2 short ones will be for qualifying runs. Now I do have a few options for the test track, and since it will take place in February in the 2016 Calendar, I have picked a few options that will have some semblance of ambient temperature:

Barcelona (without the stupid Turn 14/15 chicane)
Dubai
Estoril
Imola
Istanbul
Magny-Cours
Valencia (no, not the street track)

I'm fairly certain I'm picking between those 6, so lay all your opinions on me.

You have something I want Stramala, and you know it.....
GT Super Series
WaffleCat

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Ratings Deadline Past

Post by WaffleCat »

How about Imola for the test track? Something new,I guess.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: GT-R WC 2016: Waiting for Season Start

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RealRacingRoots wrote:So everyone knows, I do intend to have a pre-season test when the pre-season for the RWRS begins to hot up again. It will be a 2 day test at a track currently not on the calendar, consisting of 2 long and 2 short sessions. The 2 long are considered actual practice sessions by the game, while the 2 short ones will be for qualifying runs. Now I do have a few options for the test track, and since it will take place in February in the 2016 Calendar, I have picked a few options that will have some semblance of ambient temperature:

Barcelona (without the stupid Turn 14/15 chicane)
Dubai
Estoril
Imola
Istanbul
Magny-Cours
Valencia (no, not the street track)

I'm fairly certain I'm picking between those 6, so lay all your opinions on me.

You have something I want Stramala, and you know it.....
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Hound55

Post by Hound55 »

WaffleCat wrote:How about Imola for the test track? Something new,I guess.

I second the motion for Imola
LONG LIVE MARUSSIA

Things I was wrong about:
Kimi to Ferrari, Perez out of McLaren, Maldonado to Lotus, Kobash comes back, Gutierrez stays, Chilton stays, Boullier leaves Lotus.

I stream Ustream, we all scream for PRC.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Imola, so we don't slip into a coma due to boredom
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Imola, so we don't slip into a coma due to boredom

I would've thought that would be a good case for moving it away from Imola.

Estoril gets the nod from me.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

I support Estoril as well... good things happened for Onyx there.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Rosenforth vote for Imola.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

To no-one's surprise, IBR want to test at Imola.

Image Image
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Mr. RealRacingRoots, may I go onto the ol' waiting list please?

Thanks.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

As Scuderio Belgio is using a Ferrari, it's obvious that we wish to test in Dubai. No just kidding, we'll love Imola!