trivia question....

The place for anything and everything else to do with F1 history, different forms of motorsport, and all other randomness
Backmarker

Re: trivia question....

Post by Backmarker »

FantometteBR wrote:Isn't Indianapolis itself because of the blackout?

Actually, I think it is. IIRC they don't broadcast it in Indianapolis because they think that if they do, no one will bother to turn up.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Backmarker wrote:

Actually, I think it is. IIRC they don't broadcast it in Indianapolis because they think that if they do, no one will bother to turn up.

Even though most of the people who are in Indianapolis to watch the race are not from the area, oddly enough.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:
Backmarker wrote:

Even though most of the people who are in Indianapolis to watch the race are not from the area, oddly enough.

Well, I didn't say it worked.
The Iceman Waiteth
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

It is indeed Indianapolis that doesn't get the race live because of the blackout.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Here's a tough one: what is the tangential relation between Formula One and Brazilian children programme Turma do Balão Mágico?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

tommykl wrote:Here's a tough one: what is the tangential relation between Formula One and Brazilian children programme Turma do Balão Mágico?

Ayrton Senna has appeared in both?

Not a roandom guess, I remeber in the Senna film, there was some film of Ayrton going on a TV show in Brazil
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

tommykl wrote:Here's a tough one: what is the tangential relation between Formula One and Brazilian children programme Turma do Balão Mágico?

Did all of the Brazilian Formula 1 drivers appear on it?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FantometteBR

Post by FantometteBR »

Simony dated any Formula One driver and I don't know (explanation: Simony was a member of the programme, known for nude magazine postings and having kids with imprisoned rappers and soccer players)
Bertrand Gachot, Pacific, Connew and Piercarlo Ghinzani's No.1 Fan

1995 Rejects-1 World Champion with Driver (Julio Vaca) and Team (V.I.D.A.) - Because the first time you can never forget
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Wikipedia says it translated as "The Magic Balloon Gang". Was Alan Jones involved in some way?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

None of those are the answer I was expecting. One of them may be correct, I'm not sure, but I'm looking for something very, very tangential. It's not a direct relation.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Here's one I've only just discovered, might be too easy I don't know.

Ferrari have had a lot of success over the years winning many constructors championship titles with their cars made in Italy of course. Amazingly there is only one other constructor in the history of F1 to win the constructors' championship with a car built outside of Great Britain. Name the constructor and chassis that achieved this feat.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My guess would be Matra 1969 with the MS80.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

pi314159 wrote:My guess would be Matra 1969 with the MS80.

We have a winner! And in only 5 minutes! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Here's one:

During the 2003 V8 Supercars Round at Pukekohe, Todd Kelly scored pole position during the top 10 shootout, despite being the first car on the road. However, many teams owners complained about the results of the Shootout and eventually, AVESCO declared the results void and the top 10 from qualifying was used to determine the top 10 on the grid for race 1. Why were the results wiped and who ended up on pole position?
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I'll go for the obvious: right after his lap, it started raining.

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tommykl wrote:I'll go for the obvious: right after his lap, it started raining.

Yeah, I'll give you that one. Although to be more precise, it got wetter, then got drier, then got wetter again all in the space of one 20 minute session. That's Kiwiland weather for you :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Wizzie wrote:
tommykl wrote:I'll go for the obvious: right after his lap, it started raining.

Yeah, I'll give you that one. Although to be more precise, it got wetter, then got drier, then got wetter again all in the space of one 20 minute session. That's Kiwiland weather for you :lol:

And due to my next-to-zero knowledge of V8 Supercars, I'll just skip the last part of the question :P

Also, no further guess to my admittedly fiendish question above?

TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Here's one just for the hell of it:

During the 2013 Australian Grand Prix, for some reason unbeknownst to man, ONE decided to interview the chef at Force India. Which former driver did he say was the fussiest eater he'd ever have to cook for?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Wizzie wrote:Here's one just for the hell of it:

During the 2013 Australian Grand Prix, for some reason unbeknownst to man, ONE decided to interview the chef at Force India. Which former driver did he say was the fussiest eater he'd ever have to cook for?
Fisichella.
Trump 2016
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

I know the answer. Not really surprising was it when you think about it.

Yes, Mark Howard and his mate as first word of interview. Disliked the continuous cross promotions every 5 mins. 'Lets now go to the Project panel, or lets speak to Preston eating at the Qantas club"

I want Sky Sports F1 in Australia!!!!!! (wishful thinking!)
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

David AGS wrote:

I know the answer. Not really surprising was it when you think about it.

Yes, Mark Howard and his mate as first word of interview. Disliked the continuous cross promotions every 5 mins. 'Lets now go to the Project panel, or lets speak to Preston eating at the Qantas club"

I want Sky Sports F1 in Australia!!!!!! (wishful thinking!)

Interestingly enough, Matt Preston was a motorsport journalist many moons ago. But I suspect the Masterchef gig pays far more handsomely in the end.
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

Okay, so I'm not sure how well known this is, but I'll put it here anyway: only one driver has got a podium in every WRC start they made. Who?
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Wizzie wrote:
Interestingly enough, Matt Preston was a motorsport journalist many moons ago. But I suspect the Masterchef gig pays far more handsomely in the end.

Yes, I knew about Presto. That story comes up every year!

One HD/ Ch.10 got A.Jones now, im sure he will talk about first grand prix win...

Actually, lets make that a trivia question (IF NOT DONE BEFORE!)

What 'thing' was missing when Alan Jones won his first grand prix in Austria 1976?
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

David AGS wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

One HD/ Ch.10 got A.Jones now, im sure he will talk about first grand prix win...

What 'thing' was missing when Alan Jones won his first grand prix in Austria 1976?

The Australian national anthem... the organisers didn't have it. Instead, a drunk spectator happened to have his trumpet with him, and played Happy Birthday.
This is a cool spot.
mario

Post by mario »

MinardiFan95 wrote:
David AGS wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

The Australian national anthem... the organisers didn't have it. Instead, a drunk spectator happened to have his trumpet with him, and played Happy Birthday.

I thought that story was an urban legend? I am fairly sure that another poster provided a video clip of that particular race that showed that the organisers did have the Australian national anthem.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

What was the answer to this one? I've not found anything.
The Iceman Waiteth
Ben Gilbert

Post by Ben Gilbert »

Backmarker wrote:

What was the answer to this one? I've not found anything.

They both aired on the Rede Globo network?

FloProAct wrote:Okay, so I'm not sure how well known this is, but I'll put it here anyway: only one driver has got a podium in every WRC start they made. Who?

Carlos Reutemann?
Cynon wrote:Look further down the field, enjoy the view of the little guys and/or crap drivers in cars too good for them giving their all for a meager result.

Because that's what I thought this forum celebrates the most.
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

Ben Gilbert wrote:
FloProAct wrote:Okay, so I'm not sure how well known this is, but I'll put it here anyway: only one driver has got a podium in every WRC start they made. Who?

Carlos Reutemann?

Correct. Started 2 Rally Argentinas: finished 3rd both times.
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

What do the constructors Alfa Romeo, Toleman, EuroBrun, Rial, Onyx, Modena(Lambo), Venturi, Simtek, Forti, Pacific, Midland, Spyker, Brawn and HRT have in common? :mrgreen:
Trump 2016
mario

Post by mario »

darkapprentice77 wrote:What do the constructors Alfa Romeo, Toleman, EuroBrun, Rial, Onyx, Modena(Lambo), Venturi, Simtek, Forti, Pacific, Midland, Spyker, Brawn and HRT have in common? :mrgreen:

Off season buyouts?
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

mario wrote:Off season buyouts?
Nope.
Trump 2016
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

darkapprentice77 wrote:What do the constructors Alfa Romeo, Toleman, EuroBrun, Rial, Onyx, Modena(Lambo), Venturi, Simtek, Forti, Pacific, Midland, Spyker, Brawn and HRT have in common? :mrgreen:

My first thought is that all of them have only had at most one year where 2 cars started every race, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't apply to at least Alfa. Am I on the right lines?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

FloProAct wrote:My first thought is that all of them have only had at most one year where 2 cars started every race, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't apply to at least Alfa. Am I on the right lines?
Nope.

Clue: All of the constructors have done a certain thing at a certain Grand Prix only once during their existance.
Trump 2016
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Did those constructors first show off their cars two weeks before the season started?
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Did those constructors first show off their cars two weeks before the season started?
Nope.

Should I just say what it is now?
Trump 2016
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
FloProAct wrote:My first thought is that all of them have only had at most one year where 2 cars started every race, but I'm fairly certain that doesn't apply to at least Alfa. Am I on the right lines?
Nope.

Clue: All of the constructors have done a certain thing at a certain Grand Prix only once during their existance.

Using HRT as an example, is it anything to do with qualifying in Australia?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

All the constructors finished beside each other in the race.
Trulli bad puns...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

dr-baker wrote:Using HRT as an example, is it anything to do with qualifying in Australia?
Yes :)
Trump 2016
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:Using HRT as an example, is it anything to do with qualifying in Australia?
Yes :)

So they both qualified next to each other in their first race?
Trulli bad puns...
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I think I'll just say it:

All of those constructors qualified for the Australian GP only once during their existance.
Trump 2016