BBC viewers

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: BBC viewers

Post by pasta_maldonado »

andrew2209 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:In what universe is Australia 2007 considered a classic race? The only memorable thing that happened was Coulthard trying to decapitate Alex Wurz. :lol:

...Wait a second, was Coulthard trying to save the world from WURZ?! :o :shock: :?

It's a British TV channel, and a certain Brit made thier debut. Enough said.

My classic 5 would be:
1991-A bit short, but still some great driving.

I also think 2002 was good, as a certain Aussie scored 2 points on his debut at his home Grand Prix.

My classic five would have to be

1991 - for the wet weather driving
1994 - for THAT moment
1996 - Hill v Villeneuve
2003 - closing stages
2009 - brawn dream, and the closing stages

All of which had some drama at some stage
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

My five:

My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Mine are;

1990 (Mansell's late race pursuit of Piquet following a stop for tyres)
1995 (a crazy race, pitlane crashes, very funny commentary on BBC, Panis doing his best to bring about climate change :lol: etc)
2010 (Very exciting wet/dry race, with several drivers in contention for the win & plenty of great overtaking moves & strategy calls)
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

If for some reason they have to start from 1994, I would choose pretty much the same races, except for 2007. 1999 was great, it was a mad race with lots of incidents and retirements, Badoer running in the points for a few laps and De la Rosa scoring the final point for 6th. Also Irvine's first win. Instead of 2007 I would go with 2002, 2005 or 2006.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

My top 5 Australian races would be:

1995: Lots of attrition. Hill wins by two laps from a smoking Ligier. Morbidelli podium! Minardi score their only point of the year.
1996: JV bursts onto the world stage.
1999: McLaren fail. Irvine's first win.
2002: Start pile-up gives Australian's a dream race with Webber's 5th.
2008: Lots of attrition. I think only 5 cars actually crossed the line!
2010: Wet/dry race. Lots of action.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

My top 5 are:

1994, 1999 and 2010 were close.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

I'd go with 1986, 1999, 2003, 2009, and 2010
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I've seen 86 so many times I'm not sure I want to see it again.

But I definitely agree that 95, 96 and 02 should be in with a shout. 85 is worth it just for the Ligiers crashing into each other at the end.

Looking forward to the 99 race later as I remember absolutely nothing about it to be honest. I only saw a bit of the 94 race yesterday and was surprised to hear Murray - I guess that Bernie owns the footage and not the BBC then?!
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

You'll like the 99 race then, Barbazza! The action begins even before the green lights :lol:
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Barbazza wrote:Looking forward to the 99 race later as I remember absolutely nothing about it to be honest. I only saw a bit of the 94 race yesterday and was surprised to hear Murray - I guess that Bernie owns the footage and not the BBC then?!

I guess so - the BBC commentaries were used for the British Grands Prix last year when appropriate, and the Beeb have used ITV commentary on occasion.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

To all those troubled BBC viewers, just get a program which hides the ip and watch it Live on Spanish Tv Station: Antena3.com

Anyway, when I went to wales last october, I was able to watch it at Antena3 through my laptop and the website didn't block the ip address or anything and I wasn't using anything to hide the ip
Last edited by Aerond on 11 Mar 2013, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

My top 5 Australian has to be, in no particular order:

1986, 1989 (like 1991 but longer), 1994, 1995 and 1999
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

Aerond wrote:To all those troubled BBC viewers, just get a program which hides the ip and watch it Live on Spanish Tv Station: Antena3.com

Anyway, when I went to wales last october, I was able to watch it at Antena3 through my laptop and the website didn't block the ip address or anything and I wasn't using anything to hide the ip

If you've liked Button or Alonso (and several others I guess) on Facebook then a link is helpfully supplied by someone somewhere to watch all of it live, I think it is Spanish too. If you've a Wii or something then you can watch it on your TV through that.

I could do all that but Id rather watch the highlights in HD with English commentary. A couple of hours waiting isnt the worst thing in the world. But then Im sensible and stay of the tinterweb during that time.
Just For One Day...
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Aerond wrote:My top 5 Australian has to be, in no particular order:

1986, 1989 (like 1991 but longer), 1994, 1995 and 1999

That was my reasoning behind 1989.
Alex Caffi

Post by Alex Caffi »

I watch Sky races on streaming sites, I wont pay that much and be locked into it when I can watch it all for free online :mrgreen: plus I'm not bothered about HD so an SD stream suits me fine. I have seen on many forums people discussing about coverage since the change last season, according to some your not a real F1 fan if you don't go and get Sky, wrong! not everyone can afford it so either settle for BBC highlights or watch online for free and the latter seems to get Sky subscribers backs up. If it was cheap I would get it but its not so why skint myself and put myself overdrawn just for the sake of a subscription to (from what Ive seen) a very average looking program on Sky. Not being biased but I prefer in depth analysis with a bit of fun so the BBC have always got the edge, ok they dont really have the gadgets and not as good HD but to me its not all about that. Perhaps I'm getting old :mrgreen: but when you just want to watch the races and don't care if its SD or HD all this uproar means nothing especially when you can go in through the back door and flick the fingers to Murdoch :lol:
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

I'd rather defect to Al-Qaeda than give Rupert Murdoch money. BBC all the way for me. Or just steal Sky's stream illegally :P
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Alex Caffi

Post by Alex Caffi »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I'd rather defect to Al-Qaeda than give Rupert Murdoch money. BBC all the way for me. Or just steal Sky's stream illegally :P

Couple of people I used to know who work putting up dishes managed to hack Sky :lol:

Is Murdoch aware of the stream sites? cos as fast as one gets deleted another one pops up, he wouldn't be able to keep up :mrgreen:
roblo97

Post by roblo97 »

Alex Caffi wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:I'd rather defect to Al-Qaeda than give Rupert Murdoch money. BBC all the way for me. Or just steal Sky's stream illegally :P

Couple of people I used to know who work putting up dishes managed to hack Sky :lol:

Is Murdoch aware of the stream sites? cos as fast as one gets deleted another one pops up, he wouldn't be able to keep up :mrgreen:

Google VIP box sky f1
There are loads of pop ups but hey it's free and it works :geek:
Mexicola wrote:
shinji wrote:
Mexicola wrote: I'd rather listen to a dog lick its balls. Each to their own, I guess.

Does listening to a dog licking its balls get you excited?

That's between me and my internet service provider.

One of those journalist types.
270 Tube stations in 18:42:50!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

A little confession about streams from me: I used a website my dad used to watch football to stream F1 races for last season. It has Sky feed for F1, but is full of ads - well, if you don't use an ad blocker. If you want the URL, I would happily mail it to you.

:)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Ferrim wrote:You'll like the 99 race then, Barbazza! The action begins even before the green lights :lol:

Oh yes, it was quite good fun! Even though someone posted a link to the start on here not long ago I STILL somehow forgot about it. Goodness knows how I forgot all that nonsense at the start and the silliness that went on in the race (Takagi 4th and Badoer 6th indeed!!)

I was a bit confused that Zanardi's crash seem to get edited out completely though, unless ITV missed it during an ad break on original broadcast which is quite possible I guess!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I forgot how good the first race of 2003 really was. Passing galore, Ferrari cocking up big time, other teams cocking up. So much action. No bloody DRS, and the cars were beautiful.

I also forgot how crap Cristiano Da Matta was in F1. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Alex Caffi

Post by Alex Caffi »

FMecha wrote:A little confession about streams from me: I used a website my dad used to watch football to stream F1 races for last season. It has Sky feed for F1, but is full of ads - well, if you don't use an ad blocker. If you want the URL, I would happily mail it to you.

:)

I use the one I think your on about ;) it caters for all sports not just football
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

My personal favorites:

The Australian GP is normally quite good though.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

tristan1117 wrote:My personal favorites:

The Australian GP is normally quite good though.

Yes, it's one of my favourites, not only because it's the season opener.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I'm actually struggling to think of a dull Melbourne race. 2004 is the only one off the top of my head but then again most races were that year. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

East Londoner wrote:I also forgot how crap Cristiano Da Matta was in F1. :lol:

Do you think, whenever he returned to the pit after a bad race, people said to him "Hey Cristiano, what's Da Matta?" I know I would.

Do you think, whenever someone said that to him, he mentally added their name to a list of people he was going to have killed? I know I would.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

East Londoner wrote:I also forgot how crap Cristiano Da Matta was in F1. :lol:

Another failed Indycar champion, shame really. I felt sorry for how it turned out for him. I think even he was surprised at how poor he was showing at each race but one comment he made really highlighted the difference between the front end and the back end of the grid at that time. It went along the lines of 'I was sitting in the car back in 17th and I could just about see the likes of Schumacher, Montoya and Raikkonen preparing for the start and I wondered what it must be like, knowing that no matter what happened they wouldnt be challenged by us back here".

Wasnt he replaced by Zonta in the end? :lol:
Just For One Day...
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Just watched the 2010 race last night - not impressed with the fact there were no on-screen graphics telling you the positions/gaps and stuff, made it quite hard to follow.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

My top 5 australia gps are

1986 Fantastic finale to a great year
1991 wet but brilliant
1994 another brilliant finale (up to the point where Schumacher and Hill go out then its boring)
1995 Just for the Murray moment of 'into the pit lane' (DC crashing into the wall of the pit-lane)
1999 Classic race great to see Irvine get his first win
Benetton of 1992. Never a reject
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

I've watched all the Australian GPs that BBC had on the site. Those being 1985, 1986, 1990, 1995, 2003, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

I wish 1989 was on there to be honest.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Don't expect to find any good comments on the BBC's have your say section! It is just full of people arguing with each other and saying what a great driver Hamilton is.
Actually now that I mention it the "have your say" comments on BBC are nearly always dreadful.
Message me on Discord.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Shadaza wrote:Don't expect to find any good comments on the BBC's have your say section! It is just full of people arguing with each other and saying what a great driver Hamilton is.
Actually now that I mention it the "have your say" comments on BBC are nearly always dreadful.

Such is the state of the rest of the internet.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Warren Hughes

Post by Warren Hughes »

Shadaza wrote:Don't expect to find any good comments on the BBC's have your say section! It is just full of people arguing with each other and saying what a great driver Hamilton is.

Except on Garth Crooks' team of the week when all the comments were invariably 'Garth is an idiot' or words to that effect. The BBC have since disabled comments on that feature.

Garth IS an idiot.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
mario

Post by mario »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

Such is the state of the rest of the internet.

Indeed - to adapt a quote from the game critic Yahtzee, hoping to find good sensible comments on the internet often feels like mining for gold in a septic tank (present company being an exception to that rule).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

The last time I looked they were still bickering about the SKY deal :lol: GET OVER IT!
Just For One Day...
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CoopsII wrote:

The last time I looked they were still bickering about the SKY deal :lol: GET OVER IT!

Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

Continuing from my aussie post my 5 best Malaysian gps

1999- Good first race
2001- rain brings greatness to the track
2002- Just for the first corner
2009- More rain and ice creams
2012- Rain and a Close race

as you may have guessed I Love it when it rains!
Last edited by rachel1990 on 20 Mar 2013, 20:46, edited 1 time in total.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

rachel1990 wrote:2009- More rain and ice creams

You might love it when it rains but that 2009 race was an absolute shambles.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

rachel1990 wrote:Continuing from my aussie post my 5 best Malaysian gps

1999- Good first race
2003 - ditto

So much so that you listed 6 GPs.
rachel1990

Post by rachel1990 »

LionZoo wrote:
rachel1990 wrote:Continuing from my aussie post my 5 best Malaysian gps

1999- Good first race
2003 - ditto

So much so that you listed 6 GPs.

Damm my maths is that bad. I'm turning into Johnathon Legard