2016 IFRC season: NC race on P17, 2017 topic soon

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
pi314159

Re: 2016 IFRC season: confirm entries

Post by pi314159 »

As you told me in the Aston 24H chat, the last IFRC entry goes to Écurie Prenois. The driver is still TBA. I'd like a dark blue livery, with the team logo on the sidepods. You can also put some French sponsors on the car if you want to. The only remaining engine is the Zytek, which will be rebadged as a Citroen.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pi314159 wrote:As you told me in the Aston 24H chat, the last IFRC entry goes to Écurie Prenois. The driver is still TBA. I'd like a dark blue livery, with the team logo on the sidepods. You can also put some French sponsors on the car if you want to. The only remaining engine is the Zytek, which will be rebadged as a Citroen.

OK. Would you prefer a certain tyre brand, or shall I decide for you?
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
pi314159

Re: 2016 IFRC season: confirm drivers, engines, tyres

Post by pi314159 »

I'll take Michelin tyres.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

Brinson to Clockwork

In a brief press conference outside Clockwork Racing headquarters in Chicago, driver Matt Brinson confirmed the rumors of a move from Jones racing. The young American signed a two year contract including a clause for "free Speed Energy", however further details were not enclosed

"To me, it was a no-brainer." said Brinson. "After meeting with Cooper and Pickles, I instantly felt like part of the family over at Clockwork. There is an obvious sense of professionalism that is unmatched and everyone truly loves their job. I'm very confident that we can prove to be a competitive outfit in our debut season and I'm willing to give my 200%"

"I'm extremely grateful for Jones Racing for giving me the oppritunity, however the opening at Clockwork was one I could simply not pass up"
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

AdrianSutil, is Kingfisher going to take part in the series? If they do, please also state what tyre brand you're going to use and whether or not you want to rebadge your Zytek engine.
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:AdrianSutil, is Kingfisher going to take part in the series? If they do, please also state what tyre brand you're going to use and whether or not you want to rebadge your Zytek engine.

Maybe then do similar things in the RDS, if you fancy it?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Tarantino Autosport will be running Hobson Tarantino and Lukas Zuber for next season. Tarantino is fresh off a poor season in the F1RICS and Zuber is a French/German rookie.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Rated wrote:
Cynon wrote:
Rated wrote:Mathilde Thybes (FRA) and Katie Lea Winter (GER) are looking for a drive this season and will consider any offer.
Both were planned to enter in the GT-R WC 2016 but I'm on the reserve list, so I'm trying to get them a drive for 2016.

Assuming you don't have a driver in this series yet I'm pretty sure I could arrange for one of them to take one of the two Clockwork seats. Considering they're both female drivers, if they were to come in, I might have to use the women-drivers-only Lynxe sponsorship (it's a fashion company with a very pro-strong woman attitude) on the Clockwork cars...

...and considering that one of Lynxe's colors is orange, that works out just fine!

I created Lynxe because I wanted to run a blue, orange, and black car without running a Kyle Busch NOS Energy car for NR2003 online racing. I stopped using Lynxe for online racing because once I started using them, my results dropped off massively and once I stopped using it my results improved drastically...

Thybes and Winter are interested and each of them can bring little money from Repsol or PIAA to the team if needed. (They sponsored my team in the LGPS and RoLFS' 24 hours of Aston)
If only one of them get an opportunity, I'm completely ok with it. Even a test driver role will do !
Your Lynxe sponsorship idea sounds good, but we'll have to hope for no disastrous effects on the results if you are going to use it. :lol:

Provided that you can respond to this message before the Australian GP weekend is over, the #42 car is Winter's.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

First livery I've done for this series, the TRE:

Had to make a few compromises because of the template, but it looks close enough to the RoLFS car.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 14 Mar 2013, 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Nuppiz, I'm not insulting your work as you had to design with FMechas limitations, but that car looks awful. There are too many colours are on there, one has to go - and I'd say yellow as it isn't tied to any sponsors
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Eh, I think it looks okay.
Trump 2016
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Nuppiz, I'm not insulting your work as you had to design with FMechas limitations, but that car looks awful. There are too many colours are on there, one has to go - and I'd say yellow as it isn't tied to any sponsors

That's rather the point. The Takgais have always looked ugly. It meets the brief.

Always remember kids, you're being paid by the client, not the general public. Any graphic designer will know well that it's better to make something crap the client asks for to make sure you get paid, rather than something you thought of yourself that is infinitely better but the client throws a tantrum and doesn't pay up!

Welcome to real life.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Nuppiz, I'm not insulting your work as you had to design with FMechas limitations, but that car looks awful. There are too many colours are on there, one has to go - and I'd say yellow as it isn't tied to any sponsors

Well yeah, it isn't exactly the most beautiful livery I've ever created. But as long as FMecha is happy I'm not changing it, just like Stramala said.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:

That's rather the point. The Takgais have always looked ugly. It meets the brief.

Always remember kids, you're being paid by the client, not the general public. Any graphic designer will know well that it's better to make something crap the client asks for to make sure you get paid, rather than something you thought of yourself that is infinitely better but the client throws a tantrum and doesn't pay up!

Welcome to real life.

Well, if the original brief was for the car to be ugly - good job Nuppiz! :lol:
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DalekSam

Post by DalekSam »

Small reminder that Winton is still needing a driver and we're interested in any possible offers.

I'm really not keen on making my own driver unless I really have to :/
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

pasta_maldonado wrote:Well, if the original brief was for the car to be ugly - good job Nuppiz! :lol:

Oh, just you wait until I get the Grands Travaux Inutiles livery done! :twisted:

DalekSam wrote:Small reminder that Winton is still needing a driver and we're interested in any possible offers.

I'm really not keen on making my own driver unless I really have to :/

Well, as it's increasingly looking like that he won't be getting a rallycross seat, Ståle Øivind Røsbjørgen is interested. He brings sizeable Statoil sponsorship with him. If that clashes with your Agip sponsoring, he also has some ties to Helly Hansen.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 14 Mar 2013, 17:43, edited 1 time in total.
Rated
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Rated »

Cynon wrote:Provided that you can respond to this message before the Australian GP weekend is over, the #42 car is Winter's.

Here I am ! Thanks !
Katie Lea Winter wrote :
Jup ! I am currently in talks with Clockwork Racing for a racing seat in the 2016 IFRC season. I'm very confident to sign a contract with the team soon.

pi314159 wrote:As you told me in the Aston 24H chat, the last IFRC entry goes to Écurie Prenois. The driver is still TBA. I'd like a dark blue livery, with the team logo on the sidepods. You can also put some French sponsors on the car if you want to. The only remaining engine is the Zytek, which will be rebadged as a Citroen.

Le sport auto français wrote :
Thybes for Écurie Prenois ?
After unsuccessful talks with Clockwork Racing, Mathilde Thybes is apparently looking for a role with Écurie Prenois. She recently found new sponsorship money coming from Le Coq Sportif. Thybes refused to comment the rumors.
BORDAS BORDAS BORDAS
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Nuppiz wrote:Well, as it's increasingly looking like that he won't be getting a rallycross seat, Ståle Øivind Røsbjørgen
If Zeroforce or AeroKings don't confirm their entries by the start of the first race I'll put him in one of their cars :)
Trump 2016
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

darkapprentice77 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Well, as it's increasingly looking like that he won't be getting a rallycross seat, Ståle Øivind Røsbjørgen
If Zeroforce or AeroKings don't confirm their entries by the start of the first race I'll put him in one of their cars :)

Nice. :)

Kingfisher Racing have until 18th March 18:00 UTC to confirm their participation. Otherwise Écurie Prenois will receive another car, or if they don't want it then Aerond's Pyo Puyo Racing will get in.
Last edited by Nuppiz on 15 Mar 2013, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Nuppiz wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:

Nice. :)

Kingfisher Racing have until 18th May 18:00 UTC to confirm their participation. Otherwise Écurie Prenois will receive another car, or if they don't want it then Aerond's Pyo Puyo Racing will get in.

Do you mean 18th March, or are you really going to wait two months?
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Backmarker wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Kingfisher Racing have until 18th May 18:00 UTC to confirm their participation. Otherwise Écurie Prenois will receive another car, or if they don't want it then Aerond's Pyo Puyo Racing will get in.

Do you mean 18th March, or are you really going to wait two months?

March. I've started to have a lot of brainfarts lately. :oops:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Nuppiz wrote:AdrianSutil, is Kingfisher going to take part in the series? If they do, please also state what tyre brand you're going to use and whether or not you want to rebadge your Zytek engine.

Sorry. The series name-change got me confused so I thought this was a series I wasn't currently competing in. Yes kingfisher will remain and will still be a one-car team. Ashley Lilly (formerly F2RWRS) will be the driver. Zytec engines are fine. Michelin tyres please.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Right then. AndreaModa, I guess that with Matt Brinson signing for Clockwork, Gilles Massinion will take the second Jones seat?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Nuppiz wrote:Right then. AndreaModa, I guess that with Matt Brinson signing for Clockwork, Gilles Massinion will take the second Jones seat?

Yep, that's fine by me. In fact I was going to do a news article on it but there we go. Must have slipped my mind!

I'm also on the look out for a reserve driver, so current F1RDS/F3RWRS drivers for 2016 are welcome to make offers. There could be a good chance of some race drives at some point during the year depending on results.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

What's the age limit on IFRC drivers?
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:What's the age limit on IFRC drivers?

I don't think there's an age limit considering the IFRC is designed to have more lenient driver regulations than the F2 and F3RWRS.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Right then. AndreaModa, I guess that with Matt Brinson signing for Clockwork, Gilles Massinion will take the second Jones seat?

Yep, that's fine by me. In fact I was going to do a news article on it but there we go. Must have slipped my mind!

I'm also on the look out for a reserve driver, so current F1RDS/F3RWRS drivers for 2016 are welcome to make offers. There could be a good chance of some race drives at some point during the year depending on results.

Reserve seat, eh? Well, Deividas Lukauskis is looking for someone to help him on his mission to become the first Lithuanian in an RWRS-sanctioned competition...

He's not currently attached to an RDS/F3RWRS seat though, so that might be a sticking point...and if it is, I'll offer him out for a drive somewhere.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:

I don't think there's an age limit considering the IFRC is designed to have more lenient driver regulations than the F2 and F3RWRS.

Spot on. IFRC is supposed to be, besides a new young driver breeding ground, pretty much the "dump-your-drivers-here-for-a-last-chance-to-break-through-in-RWRS" series. So there's absolutely no limit on what drivers you can use here.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Nuppiz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Spot on. IFRC is supposed to be, besides a new young driver breeding ground, pretty much the "dump-your-drivers-here-for-a-last-chance-to-break-through-in-RWRS" series. So there's absolutely no limit on what drivers you can use here.

Okay, cool. In that case, F1RDS driver Aimée Gauthier, granddaughter of the legendary Guillaume Gauthier, will apply for the Jones reserve seat.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Nuppiz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Or more like a series for 'put here your young talentless drivers, so they can later go to touring cars or GT'
Also i just realised i already confirmed Garfünkel for some GT-series (but i can't remember what it was called or if this is going to run or not), so if some of the dates are clashing, then Justin Case is ready to fill in.
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Okay cool there's some competition for the Jones seat, so what I think I'll do is run a test on my copy of F1C and see who comes out on top! I'll use the same performance file for every driver involved to make things fair.

This offer is still open to anyone else interested in securing the reserve drive with a view to some possible race outings in future. Just put a name out there and they can go into the hat for the test!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

This wrote:Or more like a series for 'put here your young talentless drivers, so they can later go to touring cars or GT'
Also i just realised i already confirmed Garfünkel for some GT-series (but i can't remember what it was called or if this is going to run or not), so if some of the dates are clashing, then Justin Case is ready to fill in.

RoFONS you mean? I'm not sure if it's canon yet, but if it is, here's all of the dates that clash with IFRC (according to takagi_for_the_win's calendar draft):

27th March: Australian Grand Prix, Adelaide Street Circuit (IFRC pre-season testing @ Sandown)
8th May: Italian Grand Prix, Monza (IFRC Round of France @ Pau)
17th July: German Grand Prix, Hockenheim (IFRC Round of Germany @ Oscherschleben)
16th October: Brazilian Grand Prix, Interlagos (IFRC Round of Japan @ Suzuka)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Nuppiz wrote:First livery I've done for this series, the TRE:

Had to make a few compromises because of the template, but it looks close enough to the RoLFS car.

Racing cars are supposed to be fast, not look good... not bad. Although I think you should remove Aflac from the rear wing ;)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Any cars you need me to do, Nuppiz?
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:Any cars you need me to do, Nuppiz?

Well, the current outstanding requests are:
Restov Racing
Grands Travaux Inutiles (I can send you over the Moneytron logo if you can't find it otherwise)
Winton Racing (although Cynon has preliminarly agreed to do it)
Écurie Prenois

Take your pick from there. I'm currently busy replacing some of the sponsors in the LGPS tracks (to fit the early 90s timeline better), so am not doing any livery work for the next few days.

FMecha wrote:Racing cars are supposed to be fast, not look good... not bad. Although I think you should remove Aflac from the rear wing ;)

Done. Not bothering with screenshots because you can probably figure out how the car looks without it. :P
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Nuppiz wrote:

Restov Racing
Grands Travaux Inutiles (I can send you over the Moneytron logo if you can't find it otherwise)
Écurie Prenois

Sweet, thanks for the list. I'll do the Restov and possibly the Écurie Prenois liveries then this evening whilst I wait for the F1 qualifying.
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:

Restov Racing
Écurie Prenois

Sweet, thanks for the list. I'll do the Restov and possibly the Écurie Prenois liveries then this evening whilst I wait for the F1 qualifying.

I can do Prenois' if you want.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

adriojim wrote:
Ataxia [BacLettNinj] wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Well, the current outstanding requests are:
Restov Racing
Écurie Prenois

I can do Prenois' if you want.

That would be great, thank you :)
adriojim

Post by adriojim »

Done :)
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

This wrote:Or more like a series for 'put here your young talentless drivers, so they can later go to touring cars or GT'

This; telling things the way they are since 2009.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image