Bye Bye Jordan drivers

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
f1-gast

Bye Bye Jordan drivers

Post by f1-gast »

The last active driver that had been raced for Jordan has left the building.
Timo Clock has left marussia, with this there comes an end of F1 drivers that ever drove for Jordan after De la Rosa, Kartikeyan and SChumi left after the 2012 season.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2895 ... part-ways/
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
madmark1974

Re: Bye Bye Jordan drivers

Post by madmark1974 »

At least we still have a couple of Minardi drivers left in Alonso and Webber ...
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I don't remember Docklands Light Railway ever driving for Jordan. Was he a tester by any chance? :?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Who ?
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

East Londoner wrote:I don't remember Docklands Light Railway ever driving for Jordan. Was he a tester by any chance? :?

A quick google search reveals that he was indeed a test driver for the team back in 1998, before he made his debut for Arrows the next year
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Wizzie wrote:
East Londoner wrote:I don't remember Docklands Light Railway ever driving for Jordan. Was he a tester by any chance? :?

A quick google search reveals that he was indeed a test driver for the team back in 1998, before he made his debut for Arrows the next year

Yup, the first time he tested for them was in late 1997, which IIRC was also the first time ever he drove a Formula One car:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Verde

Post by Verde »

Glock was also the last ChampCar driver to attend a Formula One race.

Hope to see him back in 2014 though.
http://www.bandeiraverde.com.br

The reject (and non-reject) side of motorsport. In Portuguese.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

In fact, if I remember correctly, Jordan tried to retain Repsol's sponsorship (the Spanish oil company that sponsored De la Rosa) for 1999 on the basis that Heinz-Harald Frentzen was actually half-Spaniard (his mother is from Valencia). :lol:
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

I remember me that Pedro was close to a F1 seat by Jordan for 1998 and/or 1999.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Glock may yet turn up at FI or even (unlikely) Caterham.....
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

De la Rosa said in an interview at the beggining of 1999, before going to Arrows, that he felt betrayed by Eddie Jordan. My guess is that he had been promised a race seat for 1999 if he tested in 1998, but in the end Eddie went on to sign Frentzen when he became available (there were already strong rumours that Frentzen would go back to Sauber mid-1998). After all, De la Rosa had been F.Nippon champion much more brilliantly than Ralf Schumacher; so Eddie Jordan did indeed break his own tradition of signing young/promising drivers -as he had done many times in the past-. My guess is that either Jordan wanted to rely on a more experienced driver given Hill success in 1998 to have a really strong pairing and avoid situations like the 1997 clashes between Schumacher and Fisichella; or that De la Rosa didn't impress in testing as much as Ralf Schumacher or Fisichella had done before him, or maybe it's just Repsol didn't offer as much money as Jordan wanted (Repsol paid 2 million euro for De la Rosa test spot in 1998, and it's rumoured Jordan wanted 9 for a race drive, while Repsol paid 6 to Arrows in 1999)
The thing lies in that De la Rosa could have already raced in 1998 for Tyrrell or Minardi, but he always sustained that he wanted a car able to fight for something more than avoiding being last; so that's the reason he waited and the reason he didn't sign for Minardi when he had the chance again in 2002 or 2003.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

madmark1974 wrote:At least we still have a couple of Minardi drivers left in Alonso and Webber ...

Yet Super Aguri is completely gone from F1.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

None of Virgin Racing's drivers are still in F1.

e: Actually, if Kova doesn't get a seat [as seems likely] there won't be any drivers left from Lotus's 2nd incarnation either.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

None of Toyota's drivers are left either (barring Kobayashi getting one of the last 3 seats).
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Benetton is still alive with Button. Any other drivers from now-defunct teams still around?
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Nuppiz wrote:Benetton is still alive with Button. Any other drivers from now-defunct teams still around?

Alonso and Webber from Minardi; and Webber also at Jaguar. Button keeps BAR/Honda/Brawn alive. And Vettel for BMW. Also Ricciardo for HRT.
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Verde

Post by Verde »

Webber and Alonso, the two remaining F-3000 kids.

madmark1974

Post by madmark1974 »

Verde wrote:Webber and Alonso, the two remaining F-3000 kids.

And Christian Horner ...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Shows you how much the F1 grid has changed in the last decade. Only four teams from 2003 are still in existence under the same name (one of them having changed it once before returning), and only four drivers from that season are still driving (Räikkönen, Alonso, Webber and Button). That's quite the generation change!
Verde

Post by Verde »

madmark1974 wrote:
Verde wrote:Webber and Alonso, the two remaining F-3000 kids.

And Christian Horner ...

Who would imagine that that lacklustre ginger chap who used to drive a hopeless wholly red Lola T96/50 would be one of the most important people in Formula One?

James1978

Post by James1978 »

Arrows were represented up until 2012 (with PDLR), and Prost amd Stewart were represented up to 2011 with Heidfeld and Trulli (Prost) and Barrichello (Stewart)!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Verde

Post by Verde »

At that moment, I noticed that: last Scuderia Italia driver to race in Formula 1 was Luca Badoer in 2009, 16 years after the end of the team!

Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Nuppiz wrote:
Wizzie wrote:

Yup, the first time he tested for them was in late 1997, which IIRC was also the first time ever he drove a Formula One car:

Clearly there is a conspiracy here. That picture looks like it has been altered in some way.
PdlR's head doesn't seem to fit his shoulders and it all looks out of proportion. The cap also looks like it should sit on a much bigger head.
And the lighting on his face is different to that of the chassis.

They could have just stuck any old head in that cockpit it seems. Was it a scheme by EJ to falsely get a hold of Spanish sponsorship money (without actually testing any Spanish drivers), or something more extreme? More devious and dangerous?
Perhaps PdlR was killed in a quickly covered-up Jordan testing accident, and the PdlR we know of today is in fact Pedro de la Rosa, Mark II. A clone created by Jordan Grand Prix.

When I think about it, it makes sense. Because no human being can be as professional as he has been through the years. And as content and patient with HRT as he has been. He must be a robot.
-*:-
UncreativeUsername37

Post by UncreativeUsername37 »

Jocke1 wrote:Perhaps PdlR was killed in a quickly covered-up Jordan testing accident, and the PdlR we know of today is in fact Pedro de la Rosa, Mark II. A clone created by Jordan Grand Prix.

When I think about it, it makes sense. Because no human being can be as professional as he has been through the years. And as content and patient with HRT as he has been. He must be a robot.

Wait, so is he a clone or a robot?
Rob Dylan wrote:Mercedes paying homage to the other W12 chassis by breaking down 30 minutes in
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

UgncreativeUsergname wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:Perhaps PdlR was killed in a quickly covered-up Jordan testing accident, and the PdlR we know of today is in fact Pedro de la Rosa, Mark II. A clone created by Jordan Grand Prix.

Wait, so is he a clone or a robot?

A clone inside a robotic shell?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Jocke1, they say Wurz is involved with this. However, you may not agree, as I have not found any evidence regarding numbers 1049, 10, or 49, with Jordan GP... :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Well, the 10th race of 1994 was the third race of that season where both Jordans retired (both were in a first lap crash -- same fate befell them in the 9th race of 1994), disregarding the San Marino GP where Barrichello DNQ'd due to massive injury.

After 10 races in 1994, Rubens Barrichello had 10 points and Williams-Renault had 49 points.

Why did I investigate 1994? Well, Jordan didn't exist in 1949, clearly showing this to be a work of the powers that be in order to provide a cover-up while keeping their intentions obvious. Let's invert the number 1994 to read: 4991. The 49 needs no further explanation, whereas the team in position 1 in the Constructor's standings beat Jordan by 90 points.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Cynon wrote: Well, Jordan didn't exist in 1949

Correct, however Eddie Jordan was very close to having been born in '49.
And I have also heard on good authority 49 house sparrows (Passer domesticus) had to lose their lives
in order to make EJ's three grey wigs.
Zetec

Post by Zetec »

Well, reading the Alex Wurz conspiracy thread, I see, that Sato is playing a certain role.

Sato actually drove for Jordan in 2002 and had car number 10.
His best result was a 5th place in Suzuka earning him 2 points. 2x5=10.
Jordan GP had a total of 491 starts.

That's all I can think of right now.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Zetec wrote:Well, reading the Alex Wurz conspiracy thread, I see, that Sato is playing a certain role.

Sato actually drove for Jordan in 2002 and had car number 10.
His best result was a 5th place in Suzuka earning him 2 points. 2x5=10.
Jordan GP had a total of 491 starts.

That's all I can think of right now.

You mean Jordan had 491.0 starts? ;)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA