Anti-spam moderators!

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Warren Hughes

Re: Anti-spam moderators!

Post by Warren Hughes »

OK, I'm joining the hordes who want to see these pictures.
Nico Rosberg wrote:Break me down mentally? Good luck with that one.

:roll:
FloProAct

Post by FloProAct »

And me.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Looking at how many people want to see the images, I guess you could just make a new thread and warn about any obscene material in the topic title. Just in case some of members are less tolerant towards it.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

I took part in Zylagate yesterday, and I witnessed most of his posts. And I am sory for my unecessary, knee-jerk thread in this forum, which made me away from this for hours today - thankfully mods deleted it as I requested.

I want to see snapshots of his posts, whether it by email or here. I may create a new article on F1Alternate Wiki. :)
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Nuppiz wrote:Looking at how many people want to see the images, I guess you could just make a new thread and warn about any obscene material in the topic title. Just in case some of members are less tolerant towards it.

Nuppiz, Jocke1 agreed to send us the pics by PM, so there's no need to worry about that ;)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I wouldn't mind a quick look at them either...

Cheers :)
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Phoenix wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:Looking at how many people want to see the images, I guess you could just make a new thread and warn about any obscene material in the topic title. Just in case some of members are less tolerant towards it.

Nuppiz, Jocke1 agreed to send us the pics by PM, so there's no need to worry about that ;)

Aye, just thought it could be easier for him to make a new thread instead of sending emails to each member interested in them. But whatever works! :)
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I missed this guy's rage post about the RWRS magazine, I'm not missing this. I just have to see those photos :P
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

tommykl wrote:I missed this guy's rage post about the RWRS magazine, I'm not missing this. I just have to see those photos :P

You didn't miss much. He started off by posting "bathplug" all the time, then he decided to rationalize a bit and said it was silly of us to make a publication about a fictional universe.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

What the heck happened while I was gone? I would like to see the paint files.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Mr. Jocke 1 - please count me in, I'd like to see what happened! :)

Especially after I was just a little insulted after his comments in the RejectSport thread...
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

I'd like to see them too.
Trump 2016
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

What's to stop Joey Zyla registering again under a different name?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

pasta_maldonado wrote:What's to stop Joey Zyla registering again under a different name?

Hadn't thought of that. Which potentially means we could get another barage of spam tonight. :|

It's almost like he completely misunderstood the way our humour on this forum works. :lol:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

East Londoner wrote:
pasta_maldonado wrote:What's to stop Joey Zyla registering again under a different name?

Hadn't thought of that. Which potentially means we could get another barage of spam tonight. :|

It's almost like he completely misunderstood the way our humour on this forum works. :lol:

IP bans, maybe? ;)
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Seems like we're all a bunch of blabs :lol:

FMecha, I can't do that, I can only ban registered users.
girry

Post by girry »

I suspect that guy simply thought this is some normal internet forum...that is, full of trolling, random attacks to other users and an encouraging environment for flamewars.

A clash of cultures perhaps - mr Zyla didn't know how to approach a place without those features and got massively confused?
when you're dead people start listening
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

giraurd wrote:I suspect that guy simply thought this is some normal internet forum...that is, full of trolling, random attacks to other users and an encouraging environment for flamewars.

A clash of cultures perhaps - mr Zyla didn't know how to approach a place without those features and got massively confused?

"A disillusioned person is like a man stuck in a pitch black room. He may believe he knows the room, but once the light is turned on, a whole new world reveals itself"
- Pasta Maldonado, 2013
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Phoenix wrote:

Were you contacted by someone today, Phoenix?
Because I just got back home and I haven't sent anyone anything yet, and I haven't told anyone I agree with anything.
Just wondering if perhaps Mr. Zyla had contacted you under another name?

Anyway, should I just post the photos here in this thread, or email everyone instead?
I feel I need to know this first, seeing as you are a mod.
-*:-
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Phoenix wrote:I don't understand what the flailing heck has been going on in here. And did the bastard leave by itself or was he banned by mario? A shame in both cases since I wanted to be the one to kick him out of here.

'Twas me. To use a phrase which Jamie came up with (in a totally different context), he was "a candidate for ... DELETION".
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

eytl wrote:
Phoenix wrote:I don't understand what the flailing heck has been going on in here. And did the bastard leave by itself or was he banned by mario? A shame in both cases since I wanted to be the one to kick him out of here.

'Twas me. To use a phrase which Jamie came up with (in a totally different context), he was "a candidate for ... DELETION".

Enoch, would you have anything against me posting the photos here? 14 in all.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Well, i'm quite curious what the guy was doing... He was a ticking time-bomb anyway. But i do agree that it's probably due to him not understanding us. But even in that case, you have to take the time to understand us.
One positive thing though: our admins and mods are the best in the world ;)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Dear Lord, this is starting to sound like some surreal freak show. F1 deprivation sure is bad this year, isn't it? :lol:
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

I am not taking anyones side here, yes it was a very strange thing to do (creating 100 threads in 90 minutes).
But to Joey Zyla's defense, that is if he had truthfully filled in his profile statistics, he was only 12 years old.
That is really young.

I remember when I was twelve, the World Wide Web was not used much by the common man.
Personally, my greatest possessions back then were my bike, my NES and the family vcr.
Now, I'm no technophobe, but there is too many options and gadgets for the kids today. It's all a little crazy, to be honest.
I have two younger siblings so I know what I'm talking about.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Jocke1 wrote:
eytl wrote:

Enoch, would you have anything against me posting the photos here? 14 in all.

Umm, to be honest I'm not even sure what this mystery surrounding photos/pictures is all about. I just deleted all of JZ's posts once I saw a gazillion spam threads, but I didn't open any of them. Were they links to pictures or something? Perhaps you might care to enlighten me first ... private message me if you like.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

He's back :roll:
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
RonDenisDeletraz

nOxIdYrAiD wrote:
eurobrun wrote:He's back :roll:

HERE I AM. ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

Maybe you should go stand in the middle of a hurricane, I've heard it's fun
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Seek help.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
RonDenisDeletraz

You know what, if you delete System32 your computer will be faster

Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

I'd like a look at these pictures as well
Poor kid, hopefully he can get some help :p
RonDenisDeletraz

Pepsibottle1 wrote:I'd like a look at these pictures as well
Poor kid, hopefully he can get some help :p

Everyone knows yourinternet would probably glitch out trying to load them Brinson :lol:

tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Never mind, I don't need any screenshots. I can see what he's been doing quite well.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Look, come on, we're not learning from our mistakes here, just banning him every time he turns up doesn't solve the problem, it just stops it for a few hours. The board settings need changed at admin level to stop this. Force moderator approval for a new user's first post. Problem solved. For the spambots too, they have to adhere to the same forum software rules as human users, they can't post if phpBB is forcibly stopping them from doing so.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Well thank HWNSNBM that it is over for this time. Again.
By advice from Enoch I will not post his crap in the forum again, instead I emailed all who were interested.
If I missed anyone you'll have to say it.
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Look, come on, we're not learning from our mistakes here, just banning him every time he turns up doesn't solve the problem, it just stops it for a few hours. The board settings need changed at admin level to stop this. Force moderator approval for a new user's first post. Problem solved. For the spambots too, they have to adhere to the same forum software rules as human users, they can't post if phpBB is forcibly stopping them from doing so.

Thanks mate, I will try to look into this.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

eytl wrote:
Stramala [kostas22] wrote:Look, come on, we're not learning from our mistakes here, just banning him every time he turns up doesn't solve the problem, it just stops it for a few hours. The board settings need changed at admin level to stop this. Force moderator approval for a new user's first post. Problem solved. For the spambots too, they have to adhere to the same forum software rules as human users, they can't post if phpBB is forcibly stopping them from doing so.

Thanks mate, I will try to look into this.

Have you deleted all of his trails, by the way, Enoch? And can you delete his proposed series thread? :)
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Done, FMecha.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Well, after seeing the pictures (which are screencaps of a few of his worst spams and insults, some of which I had seen "live"), it's fair to say that he deserved to be banned. It's a very harsh option to take, as usually people can be taught to behave with other means, but this member went well past the limit, especially as he then re-registered for more spam and insults.

Case closed, I wish that this won't happen again anytime soon.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

East Londoner wrote:

Looks like me and Pasta called it correctly. I'm guessing we're getting a third round of it tonight. :| :?
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Jocke1 wrote:Well thank HWNSNBM that it is over for this time. Again.
By advice from Enoch I will not post his crap in the forum again, instead I emailed all who were interested.
If I missed anyone you'll have to say it.

Well if you're emailing them, I wouldn't mind a peek, if its not too much hassle
TORA! TORA! TORA!