Another F1 Reject interviewed

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
minrdi

Another F1 Reject interviewed

Post by minrdi »

Greetings F1 Reject readers!

I am thrilled to share another exclusive interview I have been able to land for the RichardsF1.com website, and this time we speak to Osella stalwart Piercarlo Ghinzani!

With 112 Grand Prix attempts under his belt, Piercarlo clocked up an incredible 36 failures to qualify and a paltry 2 points for his efforts. But dismiss him at your peril: he's been a talented peddler and an astute team owner and manager since hanging up his helmet, and you can read the interview in all its glory by clicking this web link: http://bit.ly/VJXwVJ

We have tons of interviews in the works in 2013, and I look forward to sharing more of them with you as we publish!

Thanks for allowing me to share,
Richard
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Verde

Re: Another F1 Reject interviewed

Post by Verde »

Excellent interview! He seems to be a very nice bloke, I remember having watched a little interview with him after the qualifying session at the 1987 British Grand Prix weekend and he was always smiling in spite of having been disqualified because of a mistake rendered by his team.
http://www.bandeiraverde.com.br

The reject (and non-reject) side of motorsport. In Portuguese.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

One of the truly great rejects, due to his very long career. Looking forward to reading the interview when I get time to.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Ghinzani sure showed unprecedented levels of patience that only the great Perry McCarthy would be able to match. I'd have given up on F1 if my only option was to drive for Osella.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Excellent interview as always minrdi!
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

I have no idea why I never saw this post until today, but that was another cracking read - it's always good to hear the views from the horse's mouth, what it was really like to drive one of those back-of-the-grid reject cars that nobody bar us wants to know about.

I reckon it's worth compiling an archive page of these Richard's F1 Reject Interviews.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

dinizintheoven wrote:I have no idea why I never saw this post until today, but that was another cracking read - it's always good to hear the views from the horse's mouth, what it was really like to drive one of those back-of-the-grid reject cars that nobody bar us wants to know about.

I reckon it's worth compiling an archive page of these Richard's F1 Reject Interviews.

Thanks for your feedback and praise, everyone!

And as requested, the full archive list can be found here: http://richardsf1.com/rf1/interviews/

Plenty of rejects, World Champions and everyone in between are on the list and we're continuing to add to them. Coming soon in the next few months are interviews with Chris Amon and Sir Stirling Moss!
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

brand44 wrote:Excellent interview as always minrdi.....

libra66 wrote:So great and neat work done by you. I love to see interviewed.. I've share this post to my friends.. They are also so enjoying

The interesting thing is, the first spambot actually reactivated itself a month after posting, to change its signature to a load of links. Maybe that's what happens with spammers have their username in their signature. Weird indeed.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
go_Rubens
Location: A raging river somewhere in the Eastern (cough) United States (cough)

Post by go_Rubens »

East Londoner wrote:
brand44 wrote:Excellent interview as always minrdi.....

libra66 wrote:So great and neat work done by you. I love to see interviewed.. I've share this post to my friends.. They are also so enjoying

The interesting thing is, the first spambot actually reactivated itself a month after posting, to change its signature to a load of links. Maybe that's what happens with spammers have their username in their signature. Weird indeed.

Can't these guys bugger off?
Felipe Baby, Stay Cool

Albert Einstein wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.