The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Eryx

Re: The HRT thread

Post by Eryx »

I really thought HRT was gonna pull its self out of the shithole its in and start to fight its way up the field....A dam shame... :( :( Guess i better go to supporting Caterham... :(
Beauty is in the eye of the Badoer. :D
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

RIP HRT :cry:
East Londoner wrote:HRT 2009-2012 :(

I suppose that's the end of Docklands Light Railway's racing career, and thus the last remaining link to the 1990s as well. :(

Which means Jenson Button is now the most experienced driver on the grid. Damn, that makes me feel old.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:RIP HRT :cry:
East Londoner wrote:HRT 2009-2012 :(

I suppose that's the end of Docklands Light Railway's racing career, and thus the last remaining link to the 1990s as well. :(

Which means Jenson Button is now the most experienced driver on the grid. Damn, that makes me feel old.

Your not the only one. He's changed a bit hasn't he :lol:
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

So Button is the only driver now who was active before I started watching Formula 1.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

pi314159 wrote:So Button is the only driver now who was active before I started watching Formula 1.

For me, there's still Button, Alonso, Raikkonen, Webber and Massa. And they're all at top teams.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Schumi was the last driver who was active before I started to watch Formula One - he debuted just one and a half months after my birth, and all of the other drivers from 1997 or before had already retired before him.

Now I'm moving on to the category where I wait for the day when someone younger than me gets a F1 race seat. Oh wait, that already happened - Esteban Gutierrez is three and a half weeks younger than me! :lol:
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

No I remember the hype when Button first started racing, I also remember liking the fact that he was doing well in a williams more than anything though which is nice.
Zetec

Post by Zetec »

pi314159 wrote:So Button is the only driver now who was active before I started watching Formula 1.

Well, for me Williams, McLaren, Ferrari and Sauber are the only teams still active (1993) when I started watching F1. :)
And without Michael no driver left over for me.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Wow, do I feel old now. Not only are none of drivers that were around when I started watching still driving in Formula 1, 6 are unfortunately dead and only 2 are still active in race driving. Also only 4 of the tracks are still on the 2012 calendar.
Last edited by Faustus on 04 Dec 2012, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Faustus wrote:Wow, do I feel old now. Not only are none of drivers that were around when I started watching no longer driving in Formula 1, 6 are unfortunately dead and only 2 are still active in race driving. Also only 4 of the tracks are still on the 2012 calendar.

What year was that?
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

eurobrun wrote:
Faustus wrote:Wow, do I feel old now. Not only are none of drivers that were around when I started watching no longer driving in Formula 1, 6 are unfortunately dead and only 2 are still active in race driving. Also only 4 of the tracks are still on the 2012 calendar.

What year was that?

pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Zetec wrote:

Well, for me Williams, McLaren, Ferrari and Sauber are the only teams still active (1993) when I started watching F1. :)

With the teams, it's the same for me. Jordan, Prost, BAR, Minardi, Arrows, Jaguar and Benetton had all changed owners or vanished completely by 2006.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

pi314159 wrote:
Zetec wrote:

With the teams, it's the same for me. Jordan, Prost, BAR, Minardi, Arrows, Jaguar and Benetton had all changed owners or vanished completely by 2006.

For me the only teams are obviously Williams, McLaren and Ferrari. As for the drivers, the last driver to retire who was active before I started following Formula 1 was the mighty Jean Alesi.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

Nuppiz wrote:Schumi was the last driver who was active before I started to watch Formula One - he debuted just one and a half months after my birth, and all of the other drivers from 1997 or before had already retired before him.

Now I'm moving on to the category where I wait for the day when someone younger than me gets a F1 race seat. Oh wait, that already happened - Esteban Gutierrez is three and a half weeks younger than me! :lol:

You don't know how much it hurts to see a guy two and half months younger than me as a three time world champion. :lol:

He was the first guy younger than me to start a F1 race and to score a race win as well.
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Speak for yourselves, there's only Webber left on the 2013 grid who's older than me!! :shock:
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

James1978 wrote:Speak for yourselves, there's only Webber left on the 2013 grid who's older than me!! :shock:

Same here.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Nuppiz wrote:Now I'm moving on to the category where I wait for the day when someone younger than me gets a F1 race seat. Oh wait, that already happened - Esteban Gutierrez is three and a half weeks younger than me! :lol:

That happened to me when Jenson Button joined the grid. We'll be down to four World Champions next year, all of whom are younger than me. Now pass me my walking stick, you young whippersnapper.

DanielPT wrote:As for the drivers, the last driver to retire who was active before I started following Formula 1 was the mighty Jean Alesi.

I can say the same - once Gerhard Berger had retired, Jean Alesi was the last remaining link to the time before Canada 1990.

I don't have it quite as bad - two dead (Alboreto and Senna), nine tracks remaining from 1990, although most of those have been given the requisite surgery.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

dinizintheoven wrote:We'll be down to four World Champions

Alonso, Raikkonen, Hamilton, Button, Vettel.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

shinji wrote:

Given Mercedes mostly anonymous performances this season, I think dinizintheoven might be forgiven for forgetting Hamilton! :lol:
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Getting back to HRT, the thought just crossed my mind earlier, those sneaky bastards never sent me my membership card! I feel robbed! :lol:
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Never let Pdlr borrow your screwdriver:

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14148.html
-*:-
Row Man Gross-Gene

Post by Row Man Gross-Gene »

James1978 wrote:Speak for yourselves, there's only Webber left on the 2013 grid who's older than me!! :shock:

Me too!
It's just unbelievable...that Formula 1 could be such a ridiculous melange of idiots.

-Jamie McGregor

Check out my colo(u)ring pages website: http://sites.google.com/site/carcoloringpages/
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

AndreaModa wrote:Getting back to HRT, the thought just crossed my mind earlier, those sneaky bastards never sent me my membership card! I feel robbed! :lol:

Your not the only one, but got both signed drivers card from start of year. I feel priviledged!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Jocke1 wrote:Never let Pdlr borrow your screwdriver:

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14148.html

Wow, so I'm not the only one who has done weird things as a kid.
Aside from the screwdriver, PdlR seems to be a very good guy based on this interview. A true gentleman, probably.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Just how experienced de la Rosa is! I'm 20 now, and I knew him when I was about 7 y o and created this (sorry for offtopic):
don't forget im russian.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

I thought for just a moment that was the official FIA race report. ;)
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

AndreaModa wrote:Getting back to HRT, the thought just crossed my mind earlier, those sneaky bastards never sent me my membership card! I feel robbed! :lol:

Yeah...I completely forgot about that. The bastards.

Do any other teams do free membership cards?
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

shinji wrote:

Bah! And there I was thinking about the "five World Champions on the grid this year" that some commentator said. So it was actually six. Anyway, down to five, then, but it doesn't change the inescapable fact they're all younger than me. Bah again!
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

BaconLettuceNinja wrote:

Yeah...I completely forgot about that. The bastards.

Do any other teams do free membership cards?

I never received mine. Although, that doesn't wane my love for HRT!
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

Awesome, solarcold. I love it :)

-Hei !, Alesi !
-Hei !, what ?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

solarcold wrote:Just how experienced de la Rosa is! I'm 20 now, and I knew him when I was about 7 y o and created this (sorry for offtopic):
don't forget im russian.

No, No, No, No, No!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Oh my. That's Alex Wurz's Benetton in the background. :shock:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

East Londoner wrote:Oh my. That's Alex Wurz's Benetton in the background. :shock:

And we can all see the number...
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Jocke1 wrote:
East Londoner wrote:Oh my. That's Alex Wurz's Benetton in the background. :shock:

I'm not.. I am not in any way linked with this.
Dallara, 2010
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

solarcold wrote:
Jocke1 wrote:

I'm not.. I am not in any way linked with this.

Consider it coincidence then. And I don't see 49 at all in the picture. :roll:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

Do you know that, prior to that crash; Pedro Diniz had 49 DNF's in his career???????

And also that, at that race, Heinz Harald Frentzen retired after running 49 minutes to lose his best chance to win the F1 World Championship?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there's more, Ralf Schumacher led for the last time that race Lap 49, and one lap before it was Wurz's teammate Fisichella leading, when he spun off.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Aerond wrote:Do you know that, prior to that crash; Pedro Diniz had 49 DNF's in his career???????

And also that, at that race, Heinz Harald Frentzen retired after running 49 minutes to lose his best chance to win the F1 World Championship?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

And there's more, Ralf Schumacher led for the last time that race Lap 49, and one lap before it was Wurz's teammate Fisichella leading, when he spun off.

okay I give in. Alexander Wurz used his mind control to make me draw this story when I was a child. I have nothing to lose now.
Dallara, 2010
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Aerond wrote:Do you know that, prior to that crash; Pedro Diniz had 49 DNF's in his career???????

I'd add to that by saying Diniz's car is at 49 degrees in that picture.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

AdrianSutil wrote:

You get more than three coincidences and wallop there's the truth. And I don't like what that implies ..... :shock: :o
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

AdrianSutil wrote:

Humm... Looking at the picture I would say more like 70 but that was a nice try! :)