The HRT thread

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
GwilymJJames

Re: The HRT thread

Post by GwilymJJames »

@maria_serrat wrote:Just landed in Madrid with a strange feeling. I'm tired, it is cold and feels sad; we're all hugging each other as this'd b the last time...

Marca wrote:Eight HRT mechanics fight in La Caja Magica
  • They had just returned from Brazil after the final Grand Prix of the season to collect their settlements Direct.
  • Police had to intervene.

As reported by the ELMUNDO.es, eight mechanics of HRT were involved in a fight at La Caja Magica, home of his return to Brazil, which hosted the final race of the Formula 1 season.

Apparently, the mechanics, of British origin, arrived drunk directly from the airport to collect their settlements and compensation, as they were contracted until 30 November. The atmosphere heated up and ended in a fight that police had to intervene.

Those responsible were three demuncias HRT at the police station Villaverde in Madrid. "They began to threaten, pushing, hitting, exalted and there was a violent situation that we did call the police," said one of the team leaders to ELMUNDO.es.

http://www.marca.com/2012/11/27/motor/formula1/1354023500.html

crash.net wrote:De la Rosa saddened by HRT demise

Pedro de la Rosa has admitted he is saddened by the apparently inevitable demise of the HRT team.

The Spanish team has been placed up for sale by owners Thesan Capital, with reports that the workforce has been told it is no longer required and that the team's base has already been stripped down pending a sale.

Whether a buyer will be found or not is currently unclear, but with many feeling that the Brazilian Grand Prix could have been the final race for the team, de la Rosa – who had signed a multi-year deal to race for HRT – said it was a sad moment for all involved.

"We have finished the season with so much uncertainty about what will happen now," he was quoted as telling the Antena 3 television station. "Are we going to continue, are we changing the name ... it makes me feel bad because when I talk to the mechanics I don't know if it is the last time we work together. We started the project thinking it would be long term.

"Whatever happens, for many reasons, the team will not be Spanish and that's the biggest sadness I have. We will probably never see a Spanish team in Formula One again."

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/186494/1/de_la_rosa_saddened_by_hrt_demise.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss

It is finished. :(
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

The good must die young :(
TORA! TORA! TORA!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Uncertainty and mechanics fighting. Yeah, seems like the end is very near.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

All I am going to say is Hold Your Horses Guys the Chinese are coming ;) ;) :D
HRT - who else would you support :P
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

takagi_for_the_win wrote:The good must die young :(

This one's for you, dinizintheoven Only the good die young

It is a shame to see HRT go. The plucky underdogs never did have their day did they? Even Andrea Moda had their day. A miscarriage of justice has been served if HRT pack up shop for the last time....

Formula One needs the hopelessly slow team at the back like it needs the McLarens, Ferraris and Williamses.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

cbbcisace wrote:All I am going to say is Hold Your Horses Guys the Chinese are coming ;) ;) :D

hear, hear.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
S951

Post by S951 »

fingers crossed
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
razta

Post by razta »

being that Schumi's got well over $600million in the Bank..
could he? should he? buy out HRT?
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

:cry: *goes to prepare a virtual tombstone*

If HRT does indeed die, can we have a reject profile for this team now?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
mario

Post by mario »

cbbcisace wrote:All I am going to say is Hold Your Horses Guys the Chinese are coming ;) ;) :D

If they are, then they'll need pretty deep pockets to hold the team together - it is going to be hard enough to simply get the team back up to full operational strength given the reports that most of the mechanics and team personnel have already been made redundant, let alone being able to invest enough to drive the team up the grid.
It is going to be a major challenge to even make it onto the grid at this point - bear in mind that, with the 2013 Australian GP scheduled for March 17th, that HRT have a little over three and a half months to finalise the design of their 2013 car, manufacture it, test it to ensure that it passes the FIA's crash tests and ship it out to Australia. That is a substantial amount of work to do within a fairly limited time frame, so the odds aren't great for HRT even if they do somehow survive into 2013.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

What I wonder is: will HRT stay based in Caja Magica whoever the owner is?
Dallara, 2010
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

mario wrote:

If they are, then they'll need pretty deep pockets to hold the team together - it is going to be hard enough to simply get the team back up to full operational strength given the reports that most of the mechanics and team personnel have already been made redundant, let alone being able to invest enough to drive the team up the grid.
It is going to be a major challenge to even make it onto the grid at this point - bear in mind that, with the 2013 Australian GP scheduled for March 17th, that HRT have a little over three and a half months to finalise the design of their 2013 car, manufacture it, test it to ensure that it passes the FIA's crash tests and ship it out to Australia. That is a substantial amount of work to do within a fairly limited time frame, so the odds aren't great for HRT even if they do somehow survive into 2013.

If they find an investor, maybe they would start the 2013 season with a B version of the F112, which could be possible due to the minor rule changes this year, and bring the new F113 to Barcelona.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

mario wrote:

I think Kolles is involved somewhere..
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Not again!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

razta wrote:being that Schumi's got well over $600million in the Bank..
could he? should he? buy out HRT?

And due to his connections with Mercedes, could he get Merc engines, naming his team MS Mercedes?
OH GOD LET THIS HAPPEN

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Release Vic Lee on parole and let him buy it.

Good old dodgy Vic. He was my boss in the 2001 British Touring Car Championship, when we ran the oversized overweight and old Peugeot 406s. He has another 3 years at Her's Majesty's pleasure.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
koza

Post by koza »

I think we should buy HRT and name it "F1 rejects Racing Organization". This would lead to offering drive to Luca Badoer and JDD, and as a reserve and test driver I'd see HWNSNBM of course. And Mario as a technical director ;)
S951

Post by S951 »

mmm can't post what I want post for some reason! Plus it's all encouraging news to!

tweets from earlier today

James Allen @Jamesallenonf1
#f1 A friend who works for HRT says that the stories of mechanics drunken brawl is complete fabrication. Strange one..

matthew fellows @matthew_fellows
Can't believe how fictitious the story the press have told about our return to the factory #dirty liars
Last edited by S951 on 28 Nov 2012, 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

S951

Post by S951 »

S951 wrote:mmm can't post what I want post for some reason! Plus it's all encouraging news to!

EDIT - seems like I can if I don't quote tweets!

Right to summarise from what I have heard via tweetor tonight from 3 guys with good reliable sources for this information

KH7 has paid the entry fee of 500k going to sponsor another 8million
A Majority of the smaller sponsors are staying and increasing funding by 500k with 3 adding an extra 1million
Ma will be bringing in a lot of new sponsors
Entry paperwork submitted pending due diligence tests of new owners, Test Mon, will be done by Fri seemingly team will have 2 more days time to pay expect PR nxt mon
Carbotech also expected to resume F113 next Monday if team make it they stopped 3 weeks ago, but it seems that the F113 has made significant progress in sorting all the problems of the F112 aero is said to better to the point they think they may be on the heals of the MR02 and CT02
Will probabably miss test 1, only do half of test 2 but will be at test 3 since new rules require this (yes we have heard this before somewhere.......)

You have to think 12 weeks out, Chassis 01 will be 5 weeks done and 02 will be 2 weeks into build, team needs to do 2 days test min this year with I think at least running 2 chassis (1per day).

I will reiterate I am only retelling this from what I've read but going by the info esp & another source in past have given it's pretty reliable plus I know a lot of us on here are fans in one way or another, looks like MA & PDR next year with the fp role being given to the man or woman with the biggest wallet

credit goes to ESPImperium, cbb & jgomez for all this info seemingly knowing people who know whats going on gives a clearer picture over the slightly better outlook / future of the team

cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

its been worked on as soon as possible ;)
Last edited by cbbcisace on 28 Nov 2012, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

fingers crossed the spirit of minardi lives on
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Yes, finally some good news on HRT. I really hope to see them on the grid next year.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Some good news at last! It's convinced me to change my avatar! :lol:

I believe! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

AndreaModa wrote:Some good news at last! It's convinced me to change my avatar! :lol:

I believe! :D

Well, the I believe in Charles Pic avatar was successful, why not the HRT one?
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

S951 wrote:Carbotech also expected to resume F113 next Monday if team make it they stopped 3 weeks ago, but it seems that the F113 has made significant progress in sorting all the problems of the F112 aero is said to better to the point they think they may be on the heals of the MR02 and CT02

I thought that Carbotech only made brakes? The F112 was manufactured by Stefan Chosse at SCE Solutions in Germany
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
S951

Post by S951 »

carbotech http://www.carbotech.at/ in austria did the f111 and did one of the toro rossos as well

holzer in germany made the overweight none rigid pig of a f112 this year, cbbcisace will know more on the back ground of who made f111 and why they went to a different company for the f112

Zetec

Post by Zetec »

Backmarker wrote:
S951 wrote:Carbotech also expected to resume F113 next Monday if team make it they stopped 3 weeks ago, but it seems that the F113 has made significant progress in sorting all the problems of the F112 aero is said to better to the point they think they may be on the heals of the MR02 and CT02

I thought that Carbotech only made brakes? The F112 was manufactured by Stefan Chosse at SCE Solutions in Germany

The F110 was manufactured and designed by Dallara.
The F111 was manufactured by Holzer and designed by Geoff Willis and Paul White.
The F112 was manufactured by Holzer as well and designed by Stefan Chosse and Jacky Eeckelaert in Munich.
The F113 should be manufactured by Carbotech and designed by Mark Tatham.
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

Zetec wrote:
Backmarker wrote:

The F110 was manufactured and designed by Dallara.
The F111 was manufactured by Holzer and designed by Geoff Willis and Paul White.
The F112 was manufactured by Holzer as well and designed by Stefan Chosse and Jacky Eeckelaert in Munich.

Zetec sums this up perfectly! The reason HRT went with Holzer was because it was cheaper, but what they did was make a sub standard product! Carbotech are so much better! The F113 should have a lot of Toyota influences due to most of the HRT designers was ex Toyota guys who were/are hopefully still moving to Madrid or wherever the team rock up!
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

pasta_maldonado wrote:
takagi_for_the_win wrote:The good must die young :(

This one's for you, dinizintheoven Only the good die young

...for a minute there, I thought that would be an Iron Maiden video. So it wasn't, but I give you the next line anyway... all the evil seem to live forever.

But maybe the good don't die young just yet. And, at the risk of labouring a point I've made before, I sort-of-called it four years ago, pre-F1 Rejects Forum, in the form of esteemed F1RMGP reporter Marktin Brundell's sensational scoop. Chinese money saves Super Aguri! That's what should have happened in my book. Second time lucky, though?
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
cbbcisace

Post by cbbcisace »

José M. Rubio: "@HRTF1Team se van a dar de plazo esta semana para venderlo con la moratoria de la FIA". #LaF1NoPara

Anyone who speaks Spanish, what does that say?
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

cbbcisace wrote:José M. Rubio: "@HRTF1Team se van a dar de plazo esta semana para venderlo con la moratoria de la FIA". #LaF1NoPara

I asked my friend to ask her spanish speaking friend. stay tuned.

Google Translator says: "@ HRTF1Team are going to give later this week to sell the FIA moratorium"
Random spanish user says: "HRTF1 TEAM It is going to be given of term this week for sold with the postponement of the defeated debt of the FIA"
Friend of my friend says: "HRTF1 TEAM is going to give later this week to sell the moratorium from the FIA .."

the phrase itself isn't clear enogh i think. What could it mean?
Dallara, 2010
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Maybe they want to negotiate with FIA to postpone the payment of their entry fee for 2013? :)
The deadline is today, so this can be the thing.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

solarcold wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:José M. Rubio: "@HRTF1Team se van a dar de plazo esta semana para venderlo con la moratoria de la FIA". #LaF1NoPara

Google Translator says: "@ HRTF1Team are going to give later this week to sell the FIA moratorium"
Random spanish user says: "HRTF1 TEAM It is going to be given of term this week for sold with the postponement of the defeated debt of the FIA"
Friend of my friend says: "HRTF1 TEAM is going to give later this week to sell the moratorium from the FIA .."

Ask Phoenix :!: :roll:
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
minardi22

Post by minardi22 »

There have been rumours in the last hour by some Spanish twitter sources (not sure how reliable) that HRT have been granted extra time to pay their entry fee for 2013:

"RUMOR: HRT puede ser que haya conseguido una aplazamiento para inscribirse en la parrilla del año que viene a espera de un nuevo comprador," translated by GOOGLE Translate - RUMOR: HRT might have gotten a deferment to join the grid next year to wait for a new buyer
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

Zetec wrote:The F110 was manufactured and designed by Dallara.

Thanks for the clarification!
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
Jocke1

Post by Jocke1 »

What's a 'moratorium' ?
-*:-
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

solarcold wrote:

In short, HRT will have this week to sell the whole operation (mortgage) with the help of the FIA. Native spanish is different from castellano, so this is as close as I can understand it. At this pace, the team will be put on auction.

minardi22 wrote:There have been rumours in the last hour by some Spanish twitter sources (not sure how reliable) that HRT have been granted extra time to pay their entry fee for 2013:

"RUMOR: HRT puede ser que haya conseguido una aplazamiento para inscribirse en la parrilla del año que viene a espera de un nuevo comprador," translated by GOOGLE Translate - RUMOR: HRT might have gotten a deferment to join the grid next year to wait for a new buyer

The translation is correct.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I still believe!

2013 is HRT's year!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
macherone

Post by macherone »

HRT F1 Team is giving itself a week's wait for sell it, with FIA's... I don't understand what they mean with "FIA's moratorium"... maybe FIA granted them a week's wait in case they find a buyer?
The child has grown, the dream is gone
Aerond
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Aerond »

macherone wrote:

HRT F1 Team is giving itself a week's wait for sell it, with FIA's... I don't understand what they mean with "FIA's moratorium"... maybe FIA granted them a week's wait in case they find a buyer?

FIA has granted HRT an extra week to pay the entry fee. That's what the whole thing mean.
Tread lightly in ARWS. Every decision might be your last.