Post by Aerospeed »

I have the feeling that Sergio Perez will get the award for his off, sadly
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
James1978

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Suzuka

Post by James1978 »

Bronze: Mark Webber - ok so the first lap incident wasn't his fault but he really can't do starts can he? If he'd had a decent one he would have been comfortably clear of you know who. Plus given the fact he hasn't done well since J & E did the article about his championship chances, maybe getting a RotR might make him do well again. :)

Silver: Sergio Perez - maybe signing for a big team got to his head a bit, that was reminscent of Cucumber in Singapore. Have McLaren signed the wrong Sauber driver?

Gold: It's obvious really - Romain Grosjean - Webber and Herbert had it spot on about him, doesn't he learn anything? Thought if he keeps qualifying in amongst the championship contners he could end up deciding it for them ..........
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Fernando Alonso: Silly mistake by the championship leader. Now your gap between Vettel is almost over. Threw away your third title for the third time (2007 and 2010).

romain Grosjean: You are playing Destruction Derby too much.

Checo: Calm down.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Grosjean for being an absolute pillock again.
Perez for a bad race. I hope Perez does well in the end, nothing against him personally, but the more I hear him speak, the more I hear whine whine whine. He is a driver that has to mature more than anyone in the field...
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

Without reading yours:

Stewards: Senna gets a penalty 20-odd laps after his start crash; were the stewards taking a nap or what?
Race director: you have a 2-laps SC-period at the beginning of the race - obviously, you wait for the start of lap 3 to show start replays...
Grosjean: yet another amateurish start, oh dear.

But my ROTR goes to:

Perez - classical overdrive after a signed deal.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Mr Crashjean takes it comfortably IMO. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, until I saw that he was easily ahead of the Alonso/Raikkonen/Rosberg/Fake Senna fracus. I dread to think how much of a repair bill he's generated for Team Enstone.

Honourable mentions

Sergio Perez - Pushed WAY too hard today, and paid for it.
Fernando Alonso - Thanks for practically giving Finger Boy his third title, you arse. :x
Vitaly Petrov - Was all over the place all weekend.
Bruno Senna - Should have gone for another lap in Q1 rather than giving Vergne a fistful (Vergne shouldn't have been penalised, where was he supposed to go to get out of the way?), before getting himself involved in the first corner fracus. All while Maldonado quietly strings a good weekend together and brings home points...
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Alonso's was a silly mistake but understandable in the squeeze at the start. Perez's was pretty silly, but clearly the award has to go to

GROSJEAN!!

Though well done Lewis for being totally disinterested for the whole race apart from that one move on Kimi, and then blaming Perez for trying to take him off. No, he was having his own accident and trying to AVOID taking you off, idiot. Good luck Ross.
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

I'll have to go for Romain Grosjean. I really want the guy to do well, but he's just driving like an anal-bead. Sort it out, pal...
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

It has to be Grosjean. With Maldonado starting to clean up his act, and without a race ban to boot, it's left Grosjean in a precarious position. He is, at least IMO, World Champion material, and he's on the verge of chucking that all away if he doesn't stop crashing into things.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Ils sont fous ces romains
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

Remember that Bad Luck Schumacher meme where he advances thirteen places in order to finish only as 11th? Well, it's a fact now. :?
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

3rd: Bruno Senna - For wasting another race where he had good pace with silly mistakes and penalties.
2nd: Sergio Pérez - For putting himself out of the race out of eagerness to pass Hamilton.
1st: Rmmnnn Grrrjnnn - Another race, another 1st lap crash.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I nominate RoGro, which from now on will be pronounced as a Scooby Doo-like "Ruh-Roh!"
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

As pathetic and dangerous as Grosjean was, there was one driver who deserved it more:

Jenson Button - For not following Lewis Hamilton on Twitter.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Even though I don't like him at all I honestly think GrrrrrrrrrrSJN could be a good driver if he learns to stop crashing.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
JJMonty
Location: Jersey! (The old one, not that American mk2 version!)

Post by JJMonty »

Svenko Wankerov wrote:As pathetic and dangerous as Grosjean was, there was one driver who deserved it more:

Jenson Button - For not following Lewis Hamilton on Twitter.

With the way Hamilton has been acting - I think this is a good thing! :P Desperatly embarrasing comment from him!

My nominees - Mercedes for having another weekend to forget and are now only 20 points ahead of a team who is running on a fraction of their budget!

Senna - Had good pace all weekend, spent his time in quali "whinging" instead of driving, so could do nothing from the back apart from get a penelty for joining in the crash! Wasted opportunity for Williams to get a double points finish.

Alonso - For a double world champion, I am getting disapointed with Alonso. He has mucked up his championship lead and then had the cheek to suggest that Kimi should have backed off! .... If he loses this title by the smallest of Margins - then it will be a repeat of 2007 and 2010 when he did the same mistake that cost him the title narrowly!

But the obvious winner has to be Grosjean for me...... so much for learning from his mistakes.... he should count himself very lucky that he was only given a 10 second Stop and Go Penalty!
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The Scum for apparently having this absolute blunder on their back cover this morning.

The Scum wrote:Jenson Button blasted accident-prone Sebastian Grosjean after another prang in Japan.

Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
James1978

Post by James1978 »

East Londoner wrote:The Scum for apparently having this absolute blunder on their back cover this morning.

The Scum wrote:Jenson Button blasted accident-prone Sebastian Grosjean after another prang in Japan.

Unless he was actually referring to a tennis player. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Grosjean
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

This wrote:Ils sont fous ces romains

:lol: :lol: :lol:
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Daxam_Stark

Post by Daxam_Stark »

The Rejects of Suzuka 2012. ((3rd and 2nd are honourable mentions))

3rd place goes to............VITALY PETROV! Mr. Petrov gets the bronze for being absolutely nowhere all weekend while his teammate was being a boss up in 11th and was the fastest of the new teams in qualifying. Petrov ignores the blue flags, qualifies behind an HRT and both Marussias, and his rear wing fell off. ((I'm sure there's more I simply can't remember))

2nd place.....dun dun dun dun....SERGIO PEREZ! Sir Sergio of Perez gets a silver medal for the following: "MustgetpastHamiltonMustgetpastHamiltonMustget-Oops, I'm in the gravel trap! Terribly sorry" Needs a bit more experience before going to McClaren, I believe. He's very talented just makes some very silly errors.

1ST place, and my Reject of the Race award goes to.....drum roll please....*drum roll* ROMAIN GROSJEAN!!!!! Lord of Crashingshire Romain Grosjean gets the gold medal for this week! For another TOTAL annihilation of his respect from his peers via another lap 1 crash. Lotus has to get tired of his antics eventually. Surely they won't take much more of it.
The friendly neighborhood Arkham Asylum patient.
noiceinmydrink

Post by noiceinmydrink »

My first ROTR ever. It's an important stage of my life. A bit like one's bar mitzvah.

3rd - Perez for a rather silly spin. Got too excited and eager to get past Hamilton and paid for it.

2nd - Grosjean for another first lap crash. 8th incident of the season. He seriously needs to work on his spacial awareness and needs to take note of other drivers around him. Retiring with one lap to go wouldn't have done his state of mind any good either.

1st - The media for their disgusting behaviour towards Grosjean. Grosjean needs to sort himself out, I agree, but this sort of thing is absolutely unacceptable. I can understand Webber being angry, considering he was the victim and that, but everyone else needs to know their damn role. I never saw anyone behave like this with Maldonado, who has took deliberate swipes towards other drivers.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will go with Mercedes this time. The race after Hamilton joins them, they go straight ahead and show him that 2013 might be his first winless year...

A huge shout with a slap on the back of his neck for Grrrrjjjjnnnnnnn: "What the bathplug are you doing, kid?"
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Mexicola wrote:
1st - The media for their disgusting behaviour towards Grosjean. Grosjean needs to sort himself out, I agree, but this sort of thing is absolutely unacceptable. I can understand Webber being angry, considering he was the victim and that, but everyone else needs to know their damn role. I never saw anyone behave like this with Maldonado, who has took deliberate swipes towards other drivers.

Yep it was a stupid crash but everyone did seem to go bonkers about it.

What interests me is Alonso's crash. He cut right across the grid without being aware of other people, pushed Kimi onto the grass and triggered a crash. Ok, there was a MClaren inside him, but it wasn't that close. In fact a very similar accident to the one that got Romain a race ban last month.

So I'll go for Alonso. For tiggering an unnecessary crash that might lead to The Finger once again taking the world championship.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

You know what?I'm changing my vote to Alonso. My best guess: He tried to take revenge from Spa before realizing he was pushing the wrong Lotus.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

tommykl wrote:
This wrote:Ils sont fous ces romains

:lol: :lol: :lol:

At least, someone got the joke *
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Well, so many candidates screaming out "pick me, pick me" this time around.

Let's start with Vitaly Petrov. His F1 career is almost certainly coming to an end - for the time being - and he's driving like it. To be out-qualified by Charles Pic and, more importantly, by Pedro de la Rosa was none too impressive.

Jean-Eric Vergne put in a bit of a lame-duck effort with his Q1 blocking job on Bruno Senna. For all his racing prowess, it should be mentioned that but for his last-corner splutter at Monza, Daniel Ricciardo would have scored points in the last four races straight. By quietly getting on with the job, maybe the West Aussie is genuinely getting the upper hand.

Can someone explain to me, is this the same Mercedes team that locked out the front row in Shanghai and which could have scored a 1-2 finish there? The same Mercedes team that Lewis Hamilton wants to drive for in 2013?

Ah yes, Romain Grosjean of course. 21 Grands Prix started, in 10 of which he has had notable contact with another car in the first two laps of a race. That's almost a 50% strike-rate! I've decided that his t-bone job on Webber won't be awarded with ROTR; instead it will be awarded with an article in the next day or so analysing all of his first-lap prangs. I will say, though, that Webber was being overly circumspect going into the corner. I think even Perez almost hit the back of him.

Has Fernando Alonso found his 2012 Waterloo? Has he just flushed his title chances down the loo? He was struggling compared to Massa all weekend, and the Ferrari just still isn't good enough. The problem for him is that the grid has now regularised to a certain extent. It's noteworthy that after 7 different winners in the first 7 races, there hasn't been a new winner since, and all of a sudden it's looking unlikely that this season will match the 2003 winner tally of 8. Of the 7 different winners so far, it's no great surprise that the two most surprising victors - Rosberg and Maldonado - are the only ones who have not gone on to win another race. The other five have all become multiple victors. The wackiness is starting to go out of the season, and Fernando could no longer simply rely on pulling maximised results out of the bag, especially with Vettel starting to look relentless as he tends to do at the back-end of the season. The luck is running out as well. Here, I don't think he deliberately cut across on Raikkonen. He made a move to get into Perez's slipstream and/or to get a better line into the first corner, but I don't think it was designed to block Kimi. Then with Lewis in his peripheral vision to the right, he inadvertently squeezed Raikkonen even more, with inevitable consequences. So, apart from IMHO handing Vettel the championship on a plate, I didn't think Alonso deserved the award.

In the end, yes I've gone for Sergio Perez. Mainly because that was pretty inept racing, firstly on the restart when he allowed himself to be hung out to dry by Raikkonen, and secondly when he slid into retirement having misjudged his braking into the hairpin completely. It almost seemed as though the intensity had dropped a notch since he's got the McLaren contract. What's more, with Kobayashi finally capitalising on a good grid position with his stirring podium, suddenly the points between the Sauber drivers is 66 to Perez, 50 to Kobayashi. Not so decisive now, is it?
McDuck

Post by McDuck »

eytl wrote:Can someone explain to me, is this the same Mercedes team that locked out the front row in Shanghai and which could have scored a 1-2 finish there? The same Mercedes team that Lewis Hamilton wants to drive for in 2013?

Yes.
The USA is three meals away from chaos.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

McDuck wrote:
eytl wrote:Can someone explain to me, is this the same Mercedes team that locked out the front row in Shanghai and which could have scored a 1-2 finish there? The same Mercedes team that Lewis Hamilton wants to drive for in 2013?

Yes.

Also the same Mercedes team that is banking on McLaren dropping back in 2014 due to the new engine rules -- and that McLaren won't get discounted/free (not sure which) engines anymore after that.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.