Your Reject of the Race - Singapore

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Londoner

Your Reject of the Race - Singapore

Post by Londoner »

Bruno Senna is walking his way towards this. Shown up by the Reverend big time, and hit the wall yet again in quali.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Pamphlet

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Singapore

Post by Pamphlet »

Early nomination for Bruno Senna for proving, once again, that he does not deserve to be in F1. I can understand not being a qualifying God, but he's made that wall his. It's like he wants to marry it or something.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

I'm already nominating Pastor Maldonado, because he is bound to crash out tomorrow, most likely with Hamilton again...
Last edited by Nuppiz on 22 Sep 2012, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Bob

Post by Bob »

Preemptive nomination:

Pastor Maldonado - binned it yet again :x
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Senna of course so far, but Kobayashi as well - this seems to be a real bogey track for him.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
mario

Post by mario »

Ed24 wrote:Senna of course so far, but Kobayashi as well - this seems to be a real bogey track for him.

To be fair to him, whilst Kobayashi has struggled fairly heavily around this track Perez hasn't been doing a great deal better either - this has been one of Sauber's weakest tracks in the past few years. Their best result here was 6th in 2008, back when they were under the ownership of BMW, whilst as an independent team their best result was the 10th place that Perez took last year; the characteristics of this circuit, with its stop-start nature, don't really favour Sauber's current car all that much (think about the relatively poor performance they put in in Hungary, for example).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Candidates for ROTR are at the moment:

Caterham: For fighting the Marussias again instead of the Toro Rossos

Sauber: For probably their weakest qualifying performance this year so far

Bruno Senna: He hit this wall 3 times so far and starts from P17, while his teammate qualifyed second.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

My current nomination is Bruno Senna- destroyed by the Reverend in qualy, and had that bizarre scrape with the wall. Caterham get an honorable mention too.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

I am nominating Senna and Caterham at the moment
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

My nominations after qualy:

Bruno Senna - If he's really feeling the pressure of Bottas breathing down his neck, then that performance was NOT the way to respond
Caterham - They seem to be going backwards with every passing race now, to the point where Timo Glock looks like he might actually be bothered to push the Marussia to the limit again
Sauber - Slow all round this weekend bodes badly for any potential race result
Eddie Jordan - Adrian Sutil to Ferrari? Now I've heard it all. Kudos to Stefano Domenicali for keeping it together when EJ asked who's driving for Ferrari next year.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

Definately Bruno Senna - this is the second time he has binned it early on while his team-mate goes on to qualify on the front row (the first time was Barcelona).

Also, Pedro de la Rosa, for being out-qualified by Narain Karthikeyan (on Karthikeyan's first visit to the circuit, no less!) for the second consecutive race, and by over a second.

Wizzie wrote:Eddie Jordan - Adrian Sutil to Ferrari? Now I've heard it all. Kudos to Stefano Domenicali for keeping it together when EJ asked who's driving for Ferrari next year.

To be fair to EJ, the Sutil-to-Ferrari rumours are not new. He was mentioned as a potential replacement when there was talk that Massa would be dropped in the middle of the season.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Once again, Caterham
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Schumacher - WTF was that you idiot?
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Schumacher, for causing another pointless accident.
Good job losing fifth with outings like this in WCC Mercedes.

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

McLaren's unreliability deserves a nomination sooner or later. It has been shocking since the summer break.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Pamphlet

Post by Pamphlet »

My previous nomination remains.

Bruno Senna - Horrendous qualifying performance, MURDEROUS defending in the race.
Allan McNish and the other stewards - Schumacher penalized even though the crash was caused by a brake failure? Webber penalized? Senna not penalized for his murderous defense? Perez not penalized? Appalling.
Last edited by Pamphlet on 23 Sep 2012, 18:04, edited 7 times in total.
Sticking his neck on the line, one post at a time. Oh, and Singapore is still better than Monaco.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I'll nominate

1 Schumacher time to retire your reaction times are going
2 Hulkenburg Running into both Saubers
3 Mclaren's unreliability
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Shumacher: To take a quote from Brawn: "What was that? What was that?".

2. Senna: Awful day for the Brazilian.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
14 Hundred Hours

Post by 14 Hundred Hours »

The person who decided to put Eddie Jordan on the podium! Why??!!??!!
But seriously. Schumacher.
Timo Glock für Bürgermeister.
Also I'm a girl. Maybe I shoulda made this clear waaay back to avoid confusion!
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Schumacher, Hulkenberg and anyone else causing silly accidents.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Schumacher takes the cake for me. Hulkenberg comes a close second though.
LellaLombardi

Post by LellaLombardi »

I want to say Schumacher but I will reserve judgement as it could have been a car failure.

So for me it is Sauber, sadly. Both their drivers did a reasonable job out there, Kamui was maybe a bit banzai, but their pace really let them down.
Maria De Villotta will forever be badass. Rest in Peace.
Pulling for Schumi and Jules.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

14 Hundred Hours wrote:The person who decided to put Eddie Jordan on the podium! Why??!!??!!
But seriously. Schumacher.

i actually thought he was good.....
mario

Post by mario »

dr-baker wrote:McLaren's unreliability deserves a nomination sooner or later. It has been shocking since the summer break.

I wonder, though, if in this instance it might have been down to the fact that, on Hamilton's second flying lap in Q3, he whacked the wall on the exit of Turn 21 - that lateral load through the gearbox might have been enough to damage something (perhaps an oil seal - Vettel mentioned that he thought he saw traces of oil smoke a few laps before Hamilton retired). If the team knew something was up, though, judging by what was said over the radio, why didn't they change his gearbox? Better to take the penalty and some points today rather than risk a failure and no points, plus a penalty for Hamilton in Japan to rub salt into the wounds.

That said, there are a whole host of other nominees for this weekend - Schumacher's weird accident with Vergne probably takes it for me (although it was worth it for the pure comedy gold that came with the "What was that?" comment). Even if there was something wrong with the car (which is possible), it still kind of sums up how Schumacher's season has been going.
That said, the clashes between Hulkenberg and both Sauber drivers (the incident with Perez was a little more excusable since he did make a fairly late move, but the incident with Kobayashi seemed a bit stranger) and Caterham's pit lane blunder with Petrov (at least they warned Petrov before he left the pits) have to rank pretty highly too.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

Caterham for losing the 10th position in the championship to Marussia.
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Sauber- nowhere all race. Thats not how to overtake Mercedes in the race for 5th.
TORA! TORA! TORA!
SeedStriker

Post by SeedStriker »

This could go to pirelli for the awful choice of tires, but for the latter part of the race...

Reliability: because it cost Hamilton an enormus chance of getting closer to Alonso, Schumi's brakes (apparently) and butchered both Williams out of a well planned race (The Reverend was on race pace and Bruno was recovering from doing Gran Turismo's wallride all weekend)

Catherham: The Toyota of the lower teams. All the money, no results.
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

1. Eddie Jordan's shirt.

2. Felipe Massa, for causing a crash with a Caterham and arriving in top ten due to the safety car.
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

The safety car: Pretty much killed the race for the win.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:The safety car: Pretty much killed the race for the win.

Both times, they had no other options. It would have been too dangerous for the marshals to remove his car without the safety car. And after the Schumacher/Vergne crash there was too much debris.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

pi314159 wrote:
BlindCaveSalamander wrote:The safety car: Pretty much killed the race for the win.

Both times, they had no other options. It would have been too dangerous for the marshals to remove his car without the safety car. And after the Schumacher/Vergne crash there was too much debris.

Yeah, I know that, I wasn't questioning the decision to put it out there. Just lamenting what might've been.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1. Kamui Kobayashi - What a horrible weekend for him. And what was he thinking when he pushed Webber off the circuit limits (Webber had to yield and ended up with all four wheels of the circuit to no fault of his own, Kamui gave him no space). I don't see why Kamui should not get a grid penalty for the next GP.

2. Caterham - No progress, loses out to Marussia for 10th in the standings. Heikki takes out Petrov's wing on first lap?
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

1 - Caterham - The Fernandez/Air Asia/Malysian/British/Fake Lotus/New Toyota/Fake Caterham/QPR/whatever team now look like they're getting beaten by Marussia on raw pace alone, and if HRT's 2013 car is a s good as they say it is, the green machines may be overtaken by them as well. And that's before any mention of an appalling weekend that ought to see them hang their heads in shame and go cry in a corner. Boo, and if you will, Hiss.

2 - Pastor's Hydraulics - Come on, the one time he's actually going to finish a race in the points, and they fail?

Dishounorable Mentions:

Sauber - An appalling weekend that is in stark contrast to Monza, including an off-the-pace car and two stupid collisons with Hulkenberg in as many laps.

Karthikeyan - What was that? Reject gold - yes, 'The world's fastest Indian' - Maybe, talented driver - definately not.
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

I nominate Michael Schumacher for causing a dangerous crash, ruining STR's chance of a double points finish. :(
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

1) Schumacher. I usually give him the benefit of the doubt, but there's no excuse for that crash!!

2) Sauber - Wrong strategy for Perez, and Kobayashi was nowhere all weekend.
fjackdaw

Post by fjackdaw »

Since street circuits are prime for crashes, and therefore I feel they're more forgiveable, I'm going to go against the grain and nominate Mark Webber for rapidly becoming the Filipe Massa of Red Bull. Anonymous and long way behind the winner.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Bronze: Mark Webber - he's been up there for consideration every race since Jamie & Enoch wrote the article on him to be honest.

Silver: Narain Karthikeyan - That crash was just pathetic

Gold: Michael Schumacher. Honestly if someone like Maldonado or Grosjean had done that they'd have been hung, drawn and quartered. Just retire already.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

Lots of nominations today:
Schumacher: Did the same thing as last year. Again. Unless there was something deep within the brakes that made him crash into Vergne, that was inexcusable.
Caterham: Beaten by Marussia in the standings and at one point both Marussias were running ahead of both Caterhams, before Pic finished 16th. Wasn't this supposed to be the year they were going into the points?
Sauber: Singapore is not a good circuit for saving tires, and really the only one who managed to do that was Button and even he knew where to draw the line while Perez stayed out far longer than necessary. That, and Kobayashi was anonymous as ever, and was VERY erratic (and not the good kind of erratic either).

Dishonorable mentions:

Mark Webber: Yes he finishes in the points. Yes he is consistent. Here's the thing; the most I have seen him finish in is towards the back end of the points along the Saubers, Williams, and Force Indias. Heck, Force India is becoming faster (as usual for the team since they do well in the last few races), Sauber is generally in the points, and Williams hover around 8th to 11th anyway. But this is a driver who is capable of reaching the top of the grid and at one point was considered a possible champion. I know he has a seat with Red Bull next year, but I'm seriously thinking it might be his last. Sure, one can say Massa hasn't been doing well, with poor qualifying and a rocky start of the season (plus Webber does have more points), but comparing driving from this GP and Monza, it sure seems Massa is the better driver.

I'm not going to nominate Karthikeyan because honestly it looks like he had a suspension failure. It seems that when he crashed he was trying to get the car to turn as much as possible and the car didn't want to do anything but go straight.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

No contest - Michael Schumacher. Just retire mate. It may well have been the brakes, but that seems like a piss-poor excuse for missing your braking point and clattering Vergne at a million miles an hour. :roll:

Honourable mentions

Caterham - Godawful all weekend long.

Stewards - Was there any real need to investigate the cars cutting the 1st corner at the start? It's perfectly normal for that to happen. Fools. :roll:

Sauber - Poor in quali, and over-aggressive during the race.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
S951

Post by S951 »

Caterham for all that money and talent and promise it has pretty much come to nothing really, don't know why they have slid towards oblivion
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/