Reject F1 Cars on display at events/museums

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
MinardiFan95

Reject F1 Cars on display at events/museums

Post by MinardiFan95 »

I was just having a bit of a browse on SpeedHunters when I read this article on Mondello Park ( http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/the ... -mondello/ ) and saw what was on display in the museum there... both a Pacific PR-01 and PR-02, one of the 2005 Jordans, some MasterCard Lola driving suits and what on first glance appeared to be a 2010 Lotus, but is in fact a repainted Lola T97!

If anyone knows of any reject F1 cars at museums, post them here, as I'm sure a few members would like to head to that museum to check them out in the metal/carbon-fibre. Also, feel free to mention any reject F1 cars you've seen at race events and car shows and post any pictures if you have them.
This is a cool spot.
tommykl

Re: Reject F1 Cars on display at events/museums

Post by tommykl »

At the Stavelot Abbey, in the Spa-Francorchamps section, there is a yellow Talbot-Lago, probably Johnny Claes', two Makis, a Kauhsen and a 2001-2002 Arrows.

At the Spa historic F1, I saw the mid-70's reject car trifecta: Token, Trojan and Amon, as well as an old ERA and a Scarab.
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Gerudo Dragon

Post by Gerudo Dragon »

Donington Park has a 2000 and 2002 Jaguar, a 1994 McLaren and a 1992 Brabham.
Trump 2016
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

darkapprentice77 wrote:Donington Park has a 2000 and 2002 Jaguar, a 1994 McLaren and a 1992 Brabham.

They do, as well as the 1992 Brabham they have the LEC CRP1, amongst others.

I'm pretty sure the Coventry Transport Museum has a Jaguar, don't know which one though, and a Tyrrell P34. Been a long while since I've been in there though.
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

MinardiFan95 wrote: Also, feel free to mention any reject F1 cars you've seen at race events

I saw Lotus (aka Caterham), HRT and Virgin/Marussia at the Italian GP last year... Don't think there have been any reject cars at the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu, sadly. And when I went to the Haynes Motor Museum, the only F1 cars I remember are an Embassy Hill and the 1996 Ferrari (definitely a reject in the beauty stakes!).
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

AndreaModa wrote:
darkapprentice77 wrote:Donington Park has a 2000 and 2002 Jaguar, a 1994 McLaren and a 1992 Brabham.

They do, as well as the 1992 Brabham they have the LEC CRP1, amongst others.

I'm pretty sure the Coventry Transport Museum has a Jaguar, don't know which one though, and a Tyrrell P34. Been a long while since I've been in there though.

I *think* it was Justin Wilson's Jaguar but it's been a while since I was there so I can't be certain. I've got a picture of it somewhere. I was too busy drooling over the P34 to take much notice of the Jag in all honesty.

I have loads of pics from Donington from my visit which was over 10 years ago now, pretty sure I've got the Lec but as it wasn't a digital pic I'll have to scan it. I'll dig them out and do that sometime.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

MinardiFan95 wrote:I was just having a bit of a browse on SpeedHunters when I read this article on Mondello Park ( http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/08/the ... -mondello/ ) and saw what was on display in the museum there... both a Pacific PR-01 and PR-02, one of the 2005 Jordans, some MasterCard Lola driving suits and what on first glance appeared to be a 2010 Lotus, but is in fact a repainted Lola T97!

I will go to there in the very near future and take pictures and get exicited and ohmigod why have I never been there.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Verde

Post by Verde »

I knew that was an Onyx ORE-2 being exposed on the Monteverdi Museum, in Switzerland. Does this museum still exist?
http://www.bandeiraverde.com.br

The reject (and non-reject) side of motorsport. In Portuguese.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

Verde wrote:I knew that was an Onyx ORE-2 being exposed on the Monteverdi Museum, in Switzerland. Does this museum still exist?

According to this website, it does! Though only for pre-booked groups it seems. F1Rejects roadtrip anyone? :D

There's some videos of the place towards the bottom of the page. In the first one, you can see what appears to be at least two Onyx cars at around 0:28 and 0:57, so I guess they must still be there!

EDIT: And this webpage on the same website seems to confirm that they still exist too - http://www.tobiasullrich.de/monteverdi/cars/f1/index.html
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
S951

Post by S951 »

cookie to whoever cam locate the dams f1 car
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

S951 wrote:cookie to whoever cam locate the dams f1 car

Internet cookie or chocolate chip cookie? ;) :P
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Isn't the DAMS F1 car at the DAMS factory?
I e-mailed them a few years ago and it was there...they even sent me a few pics of it!
S951

Post by S951 »

cookie with choco chips :)

emailed dams ;)

now find me the modified cars of larousse for 95
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

From what I found the LC95 was designed but never built...and the LC94 was never upgraded to the 1995 regs.

They also tried a deal with DAMS to run the DAMS F1 car.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I've been on holiday this week, and visited a museum that had some F1 related cars and other items. Nothing particularly rejectful (with one nice exception!) but I will post some pics soon.
Mattswad

Post by Mattswad »

Or the ex-Prost Phoenix/D.A.R.T cars! Or much less a picture or picture of a crew uniform...team logo.....or anything proving their "existence."
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Mattswad wrote:Or the ex-Prost Phoenix/D.A.R.T cars! Or much less a picture or picture of a crew uniform...team logo.....or anything proving their "existence."

Something like this?

RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital