Your Reject Of The Race - Hungary

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
TomWazzleshaw

Your Reject Of The Race - Hungary

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

I know the race hasn't been done yet but so far my nomination has to be Mercedes AMG Petronas on the basis that they were quick on Friday and then spent all of Saturday being nowhere (Schumi's last lap may have been ruined by Maldonado but I for one doubt that he would have made anywhere near Q3 anyway)
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Re: Your Reject Of The Race - Hungary

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Daniel Ricciardo Usually it's the other Toro Rosso that goes out in Q1.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Mark Webber for being totally useless since the article about his championship chances were written on here. :(
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Boomstick

Post by Boomstick »

James1978 wrote:Mark Webber for being totally useless since the article about his championship chances were written on here. :(

Yep....*sigh*
mario

Post by mario »

Boomstick wrote:
James1978 wrote:Mark Webber for being totally useless since the article about his championship chances were written on here. :(

Yep....*sigh*

To be fair, the Hockenheimring is one of Webber's weaker tracks in recent years - he qualified reasonably well back in 2010 when they last raced there (4th), but lost out to both Hamilton and Button during the race and came home a relatively lonely 6th that day. His form at the Hungaroring has also been a bit patchy at times too - he has won there in the past, but has sometimes also qualified relatively poorly (last year, for example, he was only 6th in qualifying and around half a second behind Vettel), so the fact that Webber has slipped back over the past few races isn't entirely surprising.

Still, I guess that we will have to wait and see how the race pans out - he does have the advantage of slightly more fresh tyres than those in the top 10, so he might regain some ground through strategy. The other slight bonus for Mark is that he does seem to be happier on the harder tyre than on the soft tyre, and the hard tyre is the preferred race tyre, so he might be closer to the pace in the race.

That said, like Alonso, this race will be one of damage limitation for Webber, I suspect - he'll probably be hoping that McLaren and Lotus are very strong today and can keep his rivals off the podium at least.

Looking down the grid, though, you would have to say that Mercedes have been the most disappointing team so far this weekend - they were quite far off the pace in the final practise sessions, and their single lap pace was pretty poor too. There is some talk that they had to compromise their rear suspension settings to preserve their tyres in race trim, so maybe they can make up for some lost ground today - they'd better hope they can, at least, because Sauber is catching them up quickly in the WCC and Kaltenborn has publicly said that she believes that they can beat Mercedes this year.
It is the case that in the recent wetter conditions we have seen in the past few races, Schumacher has tended to be more competitive (albeit also finding the barriers a few times in practise too); you would have to assume that he would also prefer to see rain showers hit the track, as does Alonso (whether we will see any rain showers is another matter).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

For now, Schumacher. :evil:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Mercedes, and me for predicting rain, goddamnit

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Michael Schumacher - Turns his engine off, then gets slapped with a pitlane speeding drive through to totally destroy his race

Dishonourable mentions

Maldonado - Team mate scores points, you pick up a drive through for crashing into Di resta, pathetic!!

Jenson Button's engineers - did they not hear Vettel? He was getting mega-angry at being held up, what was the point of risking the need to overtake drivers, having seen how well he was holding Vettel up? Stupid, braindead, pathetic! Threw away a potential joint-podium

Podium interview - No Baumgartner means instant nomination!!!
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Well, let's see here:
Webber's strategy - You saw how Button got screwed by a badly timed stop, yet did it yourself anyway.
Sauber - Almost as anonymous as STR.
Karthikeyan - Nice work, the only muppet to find a barrier all race :lol: . Although dishonourable mentions to the marshalls (could they just not be bothered?) and the TV director (I'd like to have seen how he did it...)

But for me the winner is:
Michael Schumacher - Bad Luck Schumacher returns after a brief absence :lol:
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

Reject of the Race: NO HWNSNBM to interview. What an insult to this forum. :cry:
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Bad luck Schumacher- What the bathplug was that, Mr.Shoemaker?
Button Strategists- Ruined his race. Mclaren better pull their finger out of their deliberating arse or more points will go begging
Tv director- What in HWNSNBM's name was that? Okay, Senna's girlfriend was good looking, but WHY was we watching Webber and Senna when Raikkonen was fighting Hamilton
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

The Hungaroring
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Schumacher - for all the obvious reasons.

Dishonourable mentions to Maldonado, the TV Director (too many damn replays) and Räikkönen's KERS (without the problems with it, Kimi could've won).
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

The race start: I haven't seen an aborted start in forever; the only other gaffe like that I have seen might've been in 1999 during the European GP, but then again I might have forgotten some others. In any case, what was going on there? Might have ruined Schumacher's race though...

Michael Schumacher: ...Schumacher might have caused that aborted start! Was in Caterhamville the whole day otherwise, gets a speeding violation, and parks the car.

Pastor Maldonado: I like him but this overagressive driving needs to stop. He's making more enemies than friends.

Narain Karthikeyan: I can see how someone would crash there but that's the first time I have seen anyone do that.
Benetton

Post by Benetton »

1) Mercedes

2) Sauber
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

THE HUNGARORING CIRCUIT: I was a bit hopeful since we had a good race in Barcelona, Bahrain and Valencia... But what the bathplug was this shite? Had it not been for Kimi chasing Hamilton, I would've fallen asleep halfway through.

The TV director: Räikkönen is chasing Hamilton, we got a honest to god fight for the win... and we're following Webber chasing Senna for 7th? Or Vettel chasing Grosjean for 3rd, 10 seconds down? Or how about getting replays of Grosjean just driving normally? What the bathplug is this shite? :E:E:E:E:E
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
J Washburn Stoker

Post by J Washburn Stoker »

Mercedes - awful weekend for Schumacher and Rosberg simply anonymous.
Red Bull's decision to pit Webber a third time.

(Dis?)Honorable mention Hungaroring.
Last edited by J Washburn Stoker on 30 Jul 2012, 04:10, edited 3 times in total.
“The only way that engineer’s message could have been any scarier would have been if it had been delivered in the dark.”
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Karthikeyan - Seriously, how does one crash at Turn 4?
The post race interview - Even HWNSNBM is wise not to show up to these silly events

But ROTR has to go to:
Michael Schumacher - Oh dear, this is a perfect example of a rejectful weekend.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Bronze: Webber and Button's strategies - self explanatory really, especially Webber's tyres could have lasted till the end

Silver: Maldonado - another race, another collison and penalty

Gold: Schumacher. What was all that about?
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

-3 stops strategy: Ruined Webber and Button races.
-Sauber: Too slow.
-Maldonado: Bad start + completely outpaced by Senna.
-Stewards: drive through for Maldonado was ludicrous.
-Schumacher:: Bad lucky strikes again.
-Hungaroring:: ...
-Bernie Ecclestone: For maintain Hungaroring in F-1 Calendar.
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
Meatwad

Post by Meatwad »

My nomination is Michael Schumacher for having one of the worst weekends (if not the worst) of his entire career.

Dishonorable mention to the stewards for giving Maldonado an unnecessary drive through penalty. What he did in Silverstone was much worse but he only received a reprimand and a fine.
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Schumacher As if bad qualie wasn't enough.
Sauber From champs to chumps in one race.

DHMs
The "thunderstorm" that never arrived.
Maldonado His old self is back. Finished behind Senna and no point... again!
Hungaroring There's more fun at the water park next door. Russian GP should replace this race.
mario

Post by mario »

Meatwad wrote:My nomination is Michael Schumacher for having one of the worst weekends (if not the worst) of his entire career.

Dishonorable mention to the stewards for giving Maldonado an unnecessary drive through penalty. What he did in Silverstone was much worse but he only received a reprimand and a fine.

I would agree with that - Maldonado's move was fairly feisty, but I wouldn't say that it was as careless as what he did in Silverstone (he was in greater control of his car today than in that race). It could be said that Maldonado was arguably in breach of the regulation requiring drivers not to crowd their rivals off the track, but unlike in Silverstone he didn't actually put his rival out of the race altogether - if anything, you would argue that it would have been more sensible if Maldonado was given a stronger penalty in or after Silverstone and received the reprimand today (at worst).
Speaking about Maldonado, though, it was another race that he'd like to forget - he was pretty ragged throughout much of this weekend, so some sort of on track incident was probably inevitable.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - Schumacher's misfortunes and weird behaviour at the start is certainly right up there, although Mercedes as a whole were pretty dismal (Rosberg was just 10th and more than 50 seconds off the lead despite a relatively normal race). Sauber was utterly anonymous today - I bet that quite a few people didn't even notice that Kobayashi retired before the end of the race - whilst Perez failed to make up any ground whatsoever. So, in those circumstance I would suggest that Schumacher/Mercedes should be first and Sauber second, although most of the drivers were underwhelming today.
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
girry

Post by girry »

To be fair mario, I fail to see how anyone could really have impressed this race at all.

Problem with F1 cars is the impossibility to drive in other cars diffuser, and it majorly escalated on a track like Hungaroring - no car was able to overtake other without big speed advantage (which didn't happen because tyres lasted), therefore it was just like good old times of Bridgestone - hard to impress if you have no chance but to follow other car from 1 sec behind, even if you're half a second faster. For example in Valencia though, the tyres did give up on cars which led to much much more action.

Nominate Pirelli for being a wuss and not bringing softer compounds to a track where 'artificial show' is badly needed.
when you're dead people start listening
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Michael Schumacher. That is all, I reckon.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Narain Crashikeyan - How is it even possible to crash at turn 4? :lol:
The Reverend - Yet another collision...
Sauber - Did absolutely sod all during the race. As anonymous as Toro Rosso.
Strategists - Just how many shite strategies were being used today?

But of course, there's one candidate who is literally begging for ROTR after his weekend. And that of course is...

Michael Schumacher - Crashed during Friday's session, the only driver to do so. Was hopeless during qualifying, somehow managed to stall on the grid and a drive-through to boot. The grand return of Bad Luck Schumacher. :lol:
Last edited by Londoner on 29 Jul 2012, 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
James1978

Post by James1978 »

giraurd wrote:To be fair mario, I fail to see how anyone could really have impressed this race at all.

Problem with F1 cars is the impossibility to drive in other cars diffuser, and it majorly escalated on a track like Hungaroring - no car was able to overtake other without big speed advantage (which didn't happen because tyres lasted), therefore it was just like good old times of Bridgestone - hard to impress if you have no chance but to follow other car from 1 sec behind, even if you're half a second faster. For example in Valencia though, the tyres did give up on cars which led to much much more action.

Nominate Pirelli for being a wuss and not bringing softer compounds to a track where 'artificial show' is badly needed.

Yes, I remember they brought soft and super-soft to last year's race, I thought it odd why they didn't this time. Tyres dropping off the cliff was what made Valencia such an unexpectedly great race
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Hungaroring
the rain that never happened
Maldonaldo
Mercedes in general
Schumacher in particular
bathplug you Pirelli too.

McLaren and RBR screwing up Button and Webber in a 3 stop - Hello, it's the Hungaroring, track position is E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G. If you know nothing about the circuit, did you see Button stuck behind Senna? WTF bring Webber in RBR? No, he's not going to pass anyone, he could have finished in front of Alonso if you didn't bring him in you bathplugs!

Wow, too many rejects to list and I didn't even hang around for the end or the ceremonies. Nothing but rejects here save Hamilton, Lotus and Senna.
Last edited by pablo_h on 29 Jul 2012, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

de la Rosa - Also pulled into the wrong grid slot at the first start (24th instead of 23rd)
Podium Interviews - Former world champions, meh, but celebrities... (nothing against Domingo) :x
Mercedes GP - Losing the development race
Lotus - Not sure if it is defined as rejectful, but how many potential wins have they let slip through their fingers...
Toro Rosso - Very disappointing
Maldonado - Silly incident and very slow (why didn't Williams tell him to let di Resta back through after the investigation was announced...?)

Winner: Schumacher - Terrible weekend.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Schumacher: Bad day at the office, dear?
The Hungaroring itself: I wouldn't miss it if it went off the calendar.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

Schumacher : everything that could've gone wrong did. Rejectful start and rejectful retirement.
Maldonado : owned by his struggling team-mate. Drive through.
Sauber : anonymous.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

AMG Mercedes - Not a good result for a 'top team'

Dishonourable mentions: Stewards (Maldonado drive-thru wtf?!), Button's strategy, the circuit.

Disagree with votes for Karthikeyen and Sauber, the HRT may have had a suspension failure before going off (although I've only watched the highlights) and you can't expect a team like Sauber to be fighting for P5-6-7 every weekend.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Samster

Post by Samster »

Going to go against the majority regarding Malder/di Resta

Stewards

Apparently all Pastor has to do now to get a penalty is poke another car. That didn't even cause any damage and delayed Paul all of 2 seconds tops. I think any other driver would have gotten away with that and a few years ago it wouldn't have even been considered. Maldonado is definately a victim of his own reputation today.

Dishonourable mention to Schumacher, what a disaster even by his season's standards.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

I'd like to nominate Placido Domingo..... why????
TheBigJ

Post by TheBigJ »

It's definitely Schumi guys, apparently he stopped in the wrong pit box...

That must be the definition of rejectful. :shock:
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Russia.
Russian tv broadcasters.
Olympic games.
Me.

Those four nominations might give you idea of what do i mean.
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

WeirdKerr wrote:I'd like to nominate Placido Domingo..... why????

I don't think it was his fault, he did the best he could - it wasn't his choice to do the interviews.
-Abraham Lincoln
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Everybody who got excited about the rain - Two words: Called it.
Pastor Maldonado - Thoroughly beaten by Senna in the race on merit. The inter-team battle is definately going away from him now.
Mercedes - Weren't they supposed to do well this weekend? Granted, the heat today probably didn't help, but they just had absolutely no pace. Now that McLaren have got back in the game, they're clearly the worst performing team.
Jenson Button's strategy - One of the worst I've ever seen. I'm surprised Jenson didn't try to override them.
Sauber - Brilliant race in Hockenheim is followed up by being as anonymous as Toro Rosso.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Samster wrote:Apparently all Pastor has to do now to get a penalty is poke another car. That didn't even cause any damage and delayed Paul all of 2 seconds tops. I think any other driver would have gotten away with that and a few years ago it wouldn't have even been considered. Maldonado is definately a victim of his own reputation today.

I'm pretty sure the bump itself wasn't the problem, it was the fact that he passed Di Resta because of that bump.
-Abraham Lincoln
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Shumacher: Terrible weekend for him.

2. Sauber: From heroes to zeros all in one race.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.