USF1

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Monstrobolaxa

USF1

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Since there is a lot of info out there on the USF1 fiasco, I think it should be added to the teams database!
dr-baker

Re: USF1

Post by dr-baker »

If USF1 is added then so should Prodrive! (Although I do believe that neither are actually eligible...)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Since there is a lot of info out there on the USF1 fiasco, I think it should be added to the teams database!

Technically they are not rejects as they never entered a race!
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Well I know they aren't a reject, but in this case they did make an effort to build a complete car. It's just that I the info is out there and if no one compiles it, it will be forgotten.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Sounds more like a Reject Centrale article rather than a full profile, as the others have said.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

A while ago, easily 2 years ago, I think it was after the auction of USF1's few assets, Adam Cooper wrote a really good 2-part article on USF1, but I can't find it online. I think it was on speed.com, but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember this?
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

I'll bet if you check through the forums, someone's bound to have linked to it somewhere. Even if they haven't there'll be a whole load of information from around that time as it was pretty much all we talked about for a while! The exciting prospect of having lots of new reject teams I suppose! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AndreaModa wrote:I'll bet if you check through the forums, someone's bound to have linked to it somewhere. Even if they haven't there'll be a whole load of information from around that time as it was pretty much all we talked about for a while! The exciting prospect of having lots of new reject teams I suppose! :D

That was the first thing I did and when I couldn't find it I posted here.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Faustus wrote:A while ago, easily 2 years ago, I think it was after the auction of USF1's few assets, Adam Cooper wrote a really good 2-part article on USF1, but I can't find it online. I think it was on speed.com, but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember this?

What month was the auction? I might be able to find this
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

JeremyMcClean wrote:
Faustus wrote:A while ago, easily 2 years ago, I think it was after the auction of USF1's few assets, Adam Cooper wrote a really good 2-part article on USF1, but I can't find it online. I think it was on speed.com, but I may be wrong. Does anyone remember this?

What month was the auction? I might be able to find this

June 2010.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

I found it! It was on Speed, but it wasn't by Adam Cooper, it was by Jonathan Ingram. Great article, check it out:

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... omeback/P1
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Faustus wrote:I found it! It was on Speed, but it wasn't by Adam Cooper, it was by Jonathan Ingram. Great article, check it out:

That's the most in-depth article I've read in USF1 so far. Seems Anderson was mostly at fault, plus some of the designers.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Never entered a race, attempted to get Kyle Busch, a NASCAR driver who is absolutely ineligible for a Superlicense to drive the car, and disappeared. Sounds like it deserves it's own special category of reject.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

Onxy Wrecked wrote:Never entered a race, attempted to get Kyle Busch, a NASCAR driver who is absolutely ineligible for a Superlicense to drive the car, and disappeared. Sounds like it deserves it's own special category of reject.

Honourary reject?
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Onxy Wrecked

Post by Onxy Wrecked »

Sunshine_Baby_[IT] wrote:
Onxy Wrecked wrote:Never entered a race, attempted to get Kyle Busch, a NASCAR driver who is absolutely ineligible for a Superlicense to drive the car, and disappeared. Sounds like it deserves it's own special category of reject.

Honourary reject?

Yes, the effort was such a farce that it would have made Andrea Moda F1 look legitimate. As in Busch hasn't driven in an open wheeler since his go kart days a long time ago. Of course, that also speaks highly of his talent that USF1 management believed he could be great in almost anything he chooses to drive, but NASCAR isn't a place F1 drivers can be produced from even if he's outrunning Juan Pablo Montoya, Marcos Ambrose, and Scott Speed in almost every race. The cars would be like comparing a Ariel Atom to a Chevy Impala.
More Moneytron, more problems for Onyx!
A flock of Kroghs appear on the NASCAR Track and cause caw-tions!
Yannick

Post by Yannick »

My, what a history! Great article, though.

Why could they not replace their team principal? It happened at HRT/Campos, too.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Yannick wrote:Why could they not replace their team principal? It happened at HRT/Campos, too.

Adrian Campos' only problem was that he was short of money and couldn't afford Dallara's already built car.
USF1 tried to build one themselves and failed miserably. Even if someone was generous and delusional enough to pay USF1's bills etc., they wouldn't be able to even buy a car from a subcontractor, let alone finish building the Type One - it was just way too late.
Says enough about the competence of people behind USFa1l, namely Peter Windsor.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

There's probably scope for a whole new F1 website out there based around "Proposed Teams Which Never Turned a Wheel".

Mind you, you'd have to decide where to draw the line - I mean, I could sit here and say I am proposing to launch Team Hayes for the 2014 season, but I doubt it would make the Autosport news pages.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AdrianSutil wrote:
Faustus wrote:I found it! It was on Speed, but it wasn't by Adam Cooper, it was by Jonathan Ingram. Great article, check it out:

That's the most in-depth article I've read in USF1 so far. Seems Anderson was mostly at fault, plus some of the designers.

shite, I can't find this article any more. The link just redirects to the Speed main page.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Faustus wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:

shite, I can't find this article any more. The link just redirects to the Speed main page.

http://web.archive.org/web/201005140818 ... omeback/P1
http://web.archive.org/web/201005111050 ... omeback/P2
http://web.archive.org/web/201005111050 ... omeback/P3
http://web.archive.org/web/201005111050 ... omeback/P4

Read it again, you can.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

For future reference, shove the dead link into the search box at web.archive.org and it will be magically resurrected. And you all thought F1RMGP's Hologram Projection Unit was unrealistic...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:For future reference, shove the dead link into the search box at web.archive.org and it will be magically resurrected. And you all thought F1RMGP's Hologram Projection Unit was unrealistic...

Bringing old articles Back To The Future (their relative future, our present!)...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

I miss waiting for USF1 to turn up on the grid :(
Just For One Day...
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

I just got around to reading the now resurrected link, and did I read that right? The only reason they didn't merge with Stefan was because he wanted red cars? Seriously? And don't give me "only Ferrari run red cars" Toyota and Midland were (mostly) red. BAR and Williams were red for a while, and Hell Ferrari themselves changed their own red! If that's the only reason, what a bunch of bathplug-ups.
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell