"Grand Prix 2" Championship

In honour of our fallen comrade. Archive of all previous canon series across all disciplines.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: "Grand Prix 2" Championship

Post by tristan1117 »

Nuppiz wrote:All of my drivers so far have been "good guys", i.e. they don't behave badly. However, here's a story which could go either way, depending on the future of F1RGP2C (I've read that the series might end next season to avoid conflicting with the archaic F1CC). By leaving the case open for now, I can then make Nurminen either guilty or not at the end of this season (as the investigation on the matter and he eventual court process take place during it). It also serves as an explanation on why Nurminen never resurfaced in F1 after 1997 and the failed Precision Motorsports project.

At first glance, the F1RGP2C/F1CC merger seems logical. But when you examine the details of both series, things become less clear. How could I explain Douglas Mann's return to Williams, just two years after his acrimonious split with the team in 1995? Why would Pippa Mann leave Williams for Mastercard Lola? Wouldn't there be two Tristan Jungs in the timeline if he drives in 1997 and is the time-traveling commissioner in 1996 (which is already established in the main timeline)? I don't really know what to do yet. I'll think of something.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:Some good old-fashioned racing this afternoon with my team mate, and it also appears that the new Jordan is (fingers crossed) a darn sight more reliable than last year's model.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:Why do I even bother anymore. Nothing has changed. :cry:
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

tristan1117 wrote:At first glance, the F1RGP2C/F1CC merger seems logical. But when you examine the details of both series, things become less clear. How could I explain Douglas Mann's return to Williams, just two years after his acrimonious split with the team in 1995? Why would Pippa Mann leave Williams for Mastercard Lola?

I'm sure I could work something out. Change in team management between seasons, allowing Douglas back in? Pippa falling out with management, or just wanting to join yet another new team (after Simtek and DAMS)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The problem for me is that Poppy Whitechapel will have to move back down to F3000 for 1997, before returning to F1 in 1998, for this to work. :?

Keep it as it is, don't merge it with the F1CC I say, then we won't have these problems. :|
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

East Londoner wrote:The problem for me is that Poppy Whitechapel will have to move back down to F3000 for 1997, before returning to F1 in 1998, for this to work. :?

Keep it as it is, don't merge it with the F1CC I say, then we won't have these problems. :|

But I already had it in my mind that they would be related series, and how I was going to explain the Mann's move to another series (while retaining McFry and Fleet here as they were not in F1CC).

And the situation with Poppy would be just the same as what Tim O'Glock or GRSJN have done in the real universe...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:I'm very pleased with my debut. I was aiming for a podium so that's a good start!
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Daniel Moreno wrote:BAH! Second is ok, but we will have to get race wins if we are to win the championship.

Pablo da Silva wrote:grumble grumble grumble
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James Davies also has a solid contract with McLaren and is quite happy there, so (at least for now) there's no reason for him to leave. Also, F1CC James Davies was before I decided to write him up as an annoying braggart. So you also have a massive personality shift. It'd be best not to combine this with the F1CC, I think.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

So there is a duoverse with some of our drivers in F1CC and their parrallels in this universe? Would be the logical way of looking at it.
MCard LOLA
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Masta Valsattis:
"Its disappointing to retire close to the end, especially as I was running well in 6th. The Sauber lacks a bit of pace over a flying lap but on the heavy fuel runs, has good pace. I'm hoping my second and final race with Sauber brings a inish inside the top 10."
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Prince Walik wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Last edited by RonDenisDeletraz on 08 Jun 2012, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

John Zimmer wrote:YES! Finally a win on home soil! It's a shame I didn't manage it at Adelaide, it was a nice track, but here in Melbourne is a brilliant place to host the Aussie GP. VICTORY! *gets slightly drunk*
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Round 2: Brazil
Q1: Heavy Wet, Q2: Inter Wet

Qualifying

Code: Select all

1. Tom Douglas (Ferrari) - 1:11.364
2. Daniel Moreno (Williams) - 1:11.483
3. Pippa Mann (Williams) - 1:11.717
4. Andrew Spokes (Benetton) - 1:11.755
5. John Zimmer (Benetton) - 1:11.982
6. James Davies (McLaren) - 1:12.235
7. Rory McAllister (McLaren) - 1:12.282
8. Kazuhiko Takagi (Ferrari) - 1:12.322
9. Masta Valsattis (Sauber) - 1:12.457
10. Damon Cannon (Jordan) - 1:12.497
11. Douglas Mann (Ligier) - 1:12.551
12. Leonhard von Gottorp (Jordan) - 1:12.681
13. Pieter Kickert (Sauber) - 1:12.806

14. Jorg Scrattenheim (Footwork) - 1:13.030
15. Clivio Durand (Tyrrell) - 1:13.246
16. Poppy Whitechapel (Tyrrell) - 1:13.688
17. Reiko Megumi (Ligier) - 1:13.990
18. Miko Fakkinen (Minardi) - 1:14.732
19. Kazuyoshi Hoshino (Footwork) - 1:15.035
20. Gio van Dycke (Minardi) - 1:16.098
21. Giovanni Roda (Forti) - 1:16.185
22. Ben Fleet (DAMS) - 1:16.490
23. Martin McFry (Forti) - 1:16.655
24. Niko Nurminen (DAMS) - 1:16.750
25. Anton Kaliniczenko (Pacific) - 1:17.535
26. Artiom Zielenkovski (Pacific) - 1:17.536

Tom Douglas takes his second consecutive pole to open the season, slotting in front of Daniel Moreno's Williams. The Williamses, Benettons, and McLarens all followed in succession. Masta Valsattis excelled in both wet sessions, dragging his Sauber into ninth place, well ahead of his teammate. We'll see if he keeps it up during the race. At the back, Megumi continued her generally useless form. She did out-qualify Kazuyoshi Hoshino who was miles off the pace for the second race running. Niko Nurminen, fresh off accusations of assault, was beaten by Fleet and McFry in the Forti. The Pacifics were nearly a second off their closest rivals and financial problems are swirling around the team.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Masta Valsattis:
I've always liked driving in wet conditions and coupled with a good-handling car, 9th place is a brilliant achivement. I'm hoping to continue the good progress in the race and sign off from Sauber with a competitive finish.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:OK, so the car is slightly sluggish in wet trim. No bother, we'll pull it together on Sunday.

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:Why oh why did I decide to stay for another season with Tyrrell? :|
RonDenisDeletraz

Prince Walik wrote:BATHPLUG!
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Tom Douglas wrote:This car is quite possibly the best car I've ever driven. Whilst it may not be a looker, it certainly is quick. Hopefully we can have some more luck to turn our potential into actual results.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Artiom Zielenkovski wrote:This car is the shite,before the season we were promised that the car is good and what is crap.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Well, looks like DAMS has reliability issues.
About Nurminen: Hopefully he doesn't get into jail...

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
Jack O Melley

Post by Jack O Melley »

Giovanni Roda wrote:Qualifying session was quite good for us, we hope to shorten the gap from the other teams in the middle of the grid with the beginning of European season working specifically on FG03's aerodinamic.
Giovanni Roda - The most shamelessy rude and reject driver in 'F1 Challenge' Championship
- And in F1RWRS
- And... oh damn.
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Is it just me, or is true that both my drivers (Takagi and Megumi) in this qualifying are DBTMOTQ candidates? Although, the gap between them are not that long. :?

Who's Australian GP DBTMOTR?

And seperating F1CC and F1RGP2C would cause more retcon, as I said in wild mass guessing page on the wiki. Not only with F1CC, but also with RTCC (Robert Anderson, which is planning to drive if someone is suspended/sacked this year as well as for Stewart in 1997(if it happens)), in my opinion. :|
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:And seperating F1CC and F1RGP2C would cause more retcon, as I said in wild mass guessing page on the wiki. Not only with F1CC, but also with RTCC (Robert Anderson, which is planning to drive if someone is suspended/sacked this year as well as for Stewart in 1997(if it happens)), in my opinion. :|

I think this is where our reckless disregard for continuity comes back to bite us in the ass... though, we could always just adopt the many-worlds theory. In this iteration of the universe, F1CC may exist, but some of the drivers here will not drive there as they did in Jeroen's iteration of the universe. Because there is absolutely no way Davies is leaving this, given that it's the only series he seems to be at least halfway decent in, and as I mentioned earlier, would require him to lose the only thing that makes him interesting to write.
Everything's great.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

The biggest problem with F1CC is that it was one of our first championships, even predating F1RWRS (if I recall correctly). So many of the characters were still in an early developmental phase when it happened. Take Nick Nurmester for example; in F1CC, he drove in 1997 and had a weird accent, but in the current continuity he is born in 1989 and speaks normally.

I'd say that F1RGP2C should continue beyond 1996, and F1CC be declared as an alternate universe, a historical relic of sorts.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Nuppiz wrote:The biggest problem with F1CC is that it was one of our first championships, even predating F1RWRS (if I recall correctly). So many of the characters were still in an early developmental phase when it happened. Take Nick Nurmester for example; in F1CC, he drove in 1997 and had a weird accent, but in the current continuity he is born in 1989 and speaks normally.

I'd say that F1RGP2C should continue beyond 1996, and F1CC be declared as an alternate universe, a historical relic of sorts.

I have a theory. It is coming soon...
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Back to positives and negatives:

Postives:
Tom Douglas - Douglas took his second win at the Interlagos circuit in three years after a magnificent performance in the wet. At the start, Douglas held the lead but gave it up at the Senna S on Lap 2 to Daniel Moreno. Moreno led until his pit stop on Lap 15 with Douglas holding station just two seconds back. However, Douglas then pulled two brilliant laps, including the fastest lap of the race, which placed the Ferrari into the lead. Douglas held off Moreno for the entire race to take his first win for Ferrari and his first win of the year.

Daniel Moreno - Moreno could have won this race but he was forced settle for second place for the second race in a row. Moreno now takes the lead in the championship after Zimmer's retirement.

Pippa Mann - And Pippa Mann finally gets out of reject status with her first podium, points and finish for Williams (and her first points since Monaco 1994). Hooray!

Masta Valsattis - IIDOTR for you! He drove brilliantly, kept the car on the road and survived the attrition-packed race. He also set the sixth fastest lap of the race, exiting reject status in style.

Gio van Dycke - Yes! Another point for Minardi!

Miko Fakkinen - Fakkinen was on a one-stopper but van Dycke managed to catch and pass him on the last lap of the race to get the final point. D'oh.

Negatives:

Poppy Whitechapel - The most frustrated driver in the series, by far, continues her miserable time at Tyrrell. Apart from being slightly outperformed by Clivio Durand this year, Whitechapel has steadily stayed in the exact same spot for the last three years. She drove well again today, holding sixth place until she retired with four laps to go.

Benetton - Andrew Spokes was on his way to another good points finish before he binned the car with ten laps to go. John Zimmer was running in third place before his transmission gave up. A double-DNF for Benetton.

Kazuhiko Takagi - Takagi was outmatched by most of his rivals today, especially his teammate. He was also in the points before his car gave up with a transmission problem. On the positive side, Takagi avoided getting crushed by a flying car during the race, which I will get to later.

Ligier - We'll get to Reiko Megumi later but Douglas Mann entered the negatives again today after a miserable day at Ligier. The Mugen-Honda engine just gave up on him, the main reason he left Williams last year.

Hart - Two cars, two engine failures.

Reiko Megumi - Can we officially call Reiko Megumi the Andrea de Crasheris of this series? To set the stage, James Davies has just had a massive crash at the Senna S on lap 3. It was like Michael Andretti's crash in 1993, except he managed to turn his McLaren onto the elevated section on the hill. Davies was still going fast enough to pop his car into the air. When he landed, the entire front suspension of his car fell off, damaging the steering and sending the McLaren into oncoming traffic. The car then hit the curbing, again sending the car airborne, before it flew straight in front of Kazuhiko Takagi, missing him by a few feet. The car came to a stop before rolling back onto the racing surface (not sure if Davies was trying to rejoin the track or if the car rolled down the hill). The yellow flags came out. It was very clear that an accident had occurred. Then came Reiko Megumi in the Ligier, barreling through the corner like nothing was there. Megumi tried to brake to avoid hitting Davies but the surface was too wet and she slammed straight into Davies' car at 95 mph, knocking a wheel off. Due to GP2 physics, Megumi's car was undamaged but Davies was most definitely knocked out of the race. What the hell was that? Megumi=ROTR.

Lead Changes:
Tom Douglas: 1
Daniel Moreno: 2-15
Tom Douglas: 16-19
Zimmer: 20
Douglas: 21-71

Drivers' Standings:
1. Daniel Moreno - 12
=2 John Zimmer - 10
=2 Tom Douglas - 10
4. Leonhard von Gottorp - 5
5. Andrew Spokes - 4
= Pippa Mann - 4
7. Masta Valsattis - 3
8. Rory McAllister - 2
=9 Damon Cannon - 1
=9 Gio van Dycke - 1

Constructors' Standings:
1. Williams - 16
2. Benetton - 14
3. Ferrari - 10
4. Jordan - 6
5. Sauber - 3
6. McLaren - 2
7. Minardi - 1
Last edited by tristan1117 on 12 Jun 2012, 19:50, edited 2 times in total.
RonDenisDeletraz

Prince Walik wrote:Both drivers did well, a race win will come soon.

Sauber wrote:Masta, you drove really well, we wish you the best of luck at your future job.

I really don't want F1RGP2C to end, in my opinion it is the easiest of the alternate championships to keep track of. Besides, I never really was that interested in the F1CC.

So I would prefer that the F1RGP2C continues in its current form.

Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Van Dycke had become a very good backmarker racer... (though still an afwul qualifier)
This might explain why he could do a comeback in 2014 F1RWRS...

And oh, Ligier still believes they can become champion. Wait and see!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

tristan1117 wrote:
Nuppiz wrote:The biggest problem with F1CC is that it was one of our first championships, even predating F1RWRS (if I recall correctly). So many of the characters were still in an early developmental phase when it happened. Take Nick Nurmester for example; in F1CC, he drove in 1997 and had a weird accent, but in the current continuity he is born in 1989 and speaks normally.

I have a theory. It is coming soon...

Theory posted on the wild mass guessing page.

Edit: Methinks I am reading too much Phillip K. Dick, specifically "The Man in the High Castle".
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Masta Valsattis:
"I'm delighted to finish the race today amid difficult conditions. I've always done well in the wet and knew that a point finish was a real possibility. The Sauber was such an easy car to drive and I'm thrilled I can sign off with a 4th place. Hopefully, I can re-create the same performances for Ligier now I rejoin them. I wish Sauber all the best for the year and look forward to fighting with them throughout 1996. Thank you Sauber for giving me the chance to fill in for you.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Salamander

Post by Salamander »

James Davies wrote:Reiko Megumi is the worst excuse for a racing driver I have seen in my life. I'm not really sure what happened, memory's a little fuzzy after Megumi hit me - if I have a concussion and have to miss a race, there'll be hell to pay. I think maybe I braked a bit too hard, and the right-front brake wasn't that responsive for some reason, and the car just sort of drifted off track. Of course, now we'll never know since it's impossible to tell with the damage what was already there. There was no chance of me rejoining the race, though, I remember clearly that the steering was shot after I landed, and I couldn't control the car at all. Then of course, Megumi apparently decides to misplace her eyeballs and drives straight into me. The useless bathplug.
Everything's great.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Don Rennis wrote:That looked like a very heavy shunt for James. We won't be making any announcement on whether he'll race next weekend until we have a doctor confirm either way as to whether he can race or not. If he can't race, we'll have a replacement lined up for him. Someone by the name of Jack Christopherson.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Sorry to impose more chaos on the Liguer driving lineup, but Reiko Megumi has been banned for one race for ignoring yellow flags and causing a collision. She will also have a suspended two-race ban, to be enacted if more crazy antics follow. A replacement driver is needed; Eadbard O'Caohmin, Sebastien Belo and JDD are available.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

tristan1117 wrote:Reiko Megumi has been banned for one race for ignoring yellow flags and causing a collision. She will also have a suspended two-race ban, to be enacted if more crazy antics follow.

James Davies wrote:Good to see justice prevail.
Everything's great.
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

DAMS had a shot finishing in the top ten at least with Nurminen, but it seems the Ford engine is fragile.

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

This/Tristan: would you like to put Robert Anderson during Megumi's suspension? (Of course if Megumi loses the appeal) :)

Also, rumor has it that Megumi glassed Andreas Stefano, and nearly did the same to Davies, hours after race... :roll:
---
Kazuhiko Takagi wrote:I can do better if my transmission did not commit a bathpluging seppuku. :evil:

Andreas Stefano wrote:I support what James Davies, of McLaren, said against [Reiko] Megumi and I want she be DISQUALIFIED, I repeat, DISQUALIFIED from this Grand Prix. :twisted:

And no, the rumors that Megumi glassed me are completely UNTRUE. I REPEAT, UNTRUE.

-----

Reiko Megumi wrote:I can't brake to avoid [James] Davies because of the rain. :roll: I'm appealing the ban.

And no, I did not glass [Andreas] Stefano.
Last edited by FMecha on 10 Jun 2012, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Damon Cannon wrote:I clearly spoke too soon. After a poor start, I worked my way back up to the cusp of the points-paying positions and was about to overtake Masta when the team radioed me telling me to retire the car, as they had spotted wisps of blue smoke belching out of the Peugeot crapbox down the pit straight. :evil: .

Poppy Whitechapel wrote:You cannot make it up! Kept the car out of harm's way and thanks to attrition, I was in the points. Then the gearbox explodes with the finish line in sight! :cry:
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Daniel Moreno wrote:It's good that we got second and we are leading the championships, but we still need to win races to maintain our lead.
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

FMecha wrote:Also, rumor has it that Megumi glassed Andreas Stefano, and nearly did the same to Davies, hours after race... :roll:

James Davies is reportedly pressing charges against Megumi follow the alleged attempted glassing incident, citing, "Megumi is a complete bathplugging psychopath, and can't seem to accept the fact that she is as shite as she is." He went on to add, "She should try to stop being shite, she's a danger to everybody."

No witnesses have come forward as of yet.

FMecha wrote:
Reiko Megumi wrote:I can't brake to avoid [James] Davies because of the rain. :roll: I'm appealing the ban.

And no, I did not glass [Andreas] Stefano.

James Davies wrote:Bullshite. The yellow flags were waving clearly, the rain wasn't that hard. You had plenty of time to notice them or me, and slow down - even knocking a couple miles an hour off your speed would've let you avoid me. Maybe you should try not being shite once in a while, you might crash less.
Everything's great.
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

Andrew Spokes wrote:I can only apologise to the team. Brain fade.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pippa Mann wrote:Oh my goodness. It is so good to have scored points again. And my first podium! Wow.

Douglas Mann wrote:Well, I'm not going to quit over this engine failure. I still have hope that this season will turn out well!

Martin McFry wrote:I'm happy to have finished. I certainly wasn't expecting 8th so that's a bonus! Might points be on later in the season? I doubt it, but this race will certainly give the team a boost.
MCard LOLA