091006 Singapanese GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

091006 Singapanese GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day everyone,

Thanks to a public holiday on Monday here in Australia, please find uploaded for your listening masochism our Singapanese GP Edition of the podcast.

It contains in depth discussion of the two GPs in question - the controversy of stewards' penalties, Mark's continuing bad luck, Heidfeld's first piece of bad luck in 25 years, Lewis and Vettel's tearaway victories - it's all there.

We also cover StefanF1, Alex Yoong at Lotus, spend many many many minutes dissecting the surprising, unforeseen, bombshell that Alonso's off to Ferrari …. and kick off plans for a "Race of Rejects"!

Enjoy!
CarlosFerreira

Re: 091006 Singapanese GP Edition

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Thank you, guys. Downloading now.

It was a public holiday back in Portugal as well. After so many references to Portuguese pilots in the Podcast lately, I am finding ever more references. Would anyone like to stand up now? :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

Wait, what did I miss? What was this public holiday that seems to have been everywhere but here?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Nin13

Post by Nin13 »

About the most pitstop in last 3 years, I think your answer is Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica who did 7 pitstops during European GP 2007 and yet manage to finish 6th and 7th respectively. Same race in which we had storm on lap 2, Winkelhock in Spykar lead on lap 3, 7 cars into gravel at turn 1, Hamilton put back on track by a crane. Both BMW drivers managed to tag each other on lap 1.
Race also recorded most pitstops ever 75. Previous best was 69 at European GP 1993 at Donington.
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER FAN.
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

Again, great podcast.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

Nin13 wrote:About the most pitstop in last 3 years, I think your answer is Nick Heidfeld and Robert Kubica who did 7 pitstops during European GP 2007 and yet manage to finish 6th and 7th respectively. Same race in which we had storm on lap 2, Winkelhock in Spykar lead on lap 3, 7 cars into gravel at turn 1, Hamilton put back on track by a crane. Both BMW drivers managed to tag each other on lap 1.
Race also recorded most pitstops ever 75. Previous best was 69 at European GP 1993 at Donington.

Awesome! Sensational. We may try to get this on the next podcast! Thank you...
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009mlcf.php

This is surely going to put doubt in Bernie's mind about giving Vanuatu a grand prix...
Chewie

Post by Chewie »

by the way, Jenson only needs 5 points not 6 like you said.

He is ahead on wins so Rubens and Vettel can't tie with his total points,.................. and the way he's going about it, he'll probably scrape in with just the 5 points he needs!

Great podcast BTW, I'm hooked.
How ironic; Alonso loses because the Renault in front of him doesn't crash, or indeed feel inclined to pull over and let him pass!!!
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Chewie wrote:by the way, Jenson only needs 5 points not 6 like you said.

He is ahead on wins so Rubens and Vettel can't tie with his total points,.................. and the way he's going about it, he'll probably scrape in with just the 5 points he needs!

Great podcast BTW, I'm hooked.

You're logic is correct (to the point where I double checked the league standings before posting) but Button does in fact need 6 points. This is because Barrichello is 14 points behind with 20 to play for, so to get equal points to Barrichello Jenson needs another 6 points. Then the fact he has more wins will garuntee him the title.

1. Button 85
2. Barrichello 71 (91)
3. Vettel 69 (89)

In brackets are the minimum number of points Button needs to beat Barrichello and Vettel respectively.
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

So when can we expect written reviews for the two races? Not meaning to be rude, but it's almost Brazil... :?
eytl
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by eytl »

Both have been written, they are just yet to be posted.

Heavens, people still read my dribble despite having the podcast to listen to??? :shock:
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

eytl wrote:Both have been written, they are just yet to be posted.

Heavens, people still read my dribble despite having the podcast to listen to??? :shock:

What's going on with your self-esteem?
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

eytl wrote:Both have been written, they are just yet to be posted.

I actually prefer the written stuff. There's more substance. The fluff is fun, though, but a lot of it becomes irrelevant over time. The race reviews, not so much.
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

Post by Kuwashima »

tc3j3r wrote:So when can we expect written reviews for the two races? Not meaning to be rude, but it's almost Brazil... :?

All posted, enjoy!
tc3j3r

Post by tc3j3r »

Thanks! :D
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Kuwashima wrote:
tc3j3r wrote:So when can we expect written reviews for the two races? Not meaning to be rude, but it's almost Brazil... :?

All posted, enjoy!

And as always, they are an excellent read