Black Death Cigarettes

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Monstrobolaxa

Black Death Cigarettes

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

In the Pacific Team profile it mentions the deal with Black Death was starting after Imola.

Not totally true.
The deal with Black Death was to be finalized on the niht before the start of FP1 in Imola. This was going to be done in a bar in Budapest, with 2 senior members of Pacific GP. But the members felt uncomfortable and left the meeting...and the deal colapsed.

A good thing, because the owners of Black Death were from the Russian mob and did not want to pay.

The team had the stickers ready to put on the car for the start of FP1, but it did not happen.

The Black Death did not stop there and negotiated with Simtek...which eventually did sign a deal with them, but did no pay! But did send forged copies of bank transfers! This was the big deal that did not materialize and colapsed Simtek.
dr-baker

Re: Black Death Cigarettes

Post by dr-baker »

Hasn't this topic already come up in a thread elsewhere? Tried searching for it but couldn't find it...

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think somebody on this forum may have provided a link to a story about this sometime earlier this year, or over the winter...? Or am I losing the plot (again...)?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
coops

Post by coops »

I thought this was spam. I thought it was some dodgy russian fag spambot.
"Aerodynamics is for those who cannot manufacture good engines."
-Enzo Ferrari
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

coops wrote:I thought this was spam. I thought it was some dodgy russian fag spambot.

Seemed like it until I read what he wrote, but I remember reading it before and his facts match... Could just be well-researched spam though, although an earlier Google search showed me that these Death cigarettes stopped being produced about 10 years ago...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I've been called a lot in my life...never SPAM! lol

Basic feedback from my side...huge fan of: Forti, Simtek, Pacific, Lola and Super Aguri.

Work in racing and have been lucky to know a lots of people from SA (where I almost worked, but they closed before my start date)...and have worked with people from Pacific.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:I've been called a lot in my life...never SPAM!

no, spam is what you produce, you yourself are a spambot,

but an interesting one, so we're keeping you
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:I've been called a lot in my life...never SPAM! lol

Basic feedback from my side...huge fan of: Forti, Simtek, Pacific, Lola and Super Aguri.

Work in racing and have been lucky to know a lots of people from SA (where I almost worked, but they closed before my start date)...and have worked with people from Pacific.

You're more than qualified to hang around here with that history, even though you have had the terrible luck to join in the week of a major spambot attack!

Is it just me who finds it odd that you would want to con an F1 team into giving you sponsor space for a company that doesn't exist? I know it's happened more than a few times but surely you're just advertising yourself to the police?
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:I've been called a lot in my life...never SPAM! lol

You have such a distintive user name, it's clear from a Google search that you're on at least a couple of different motorsport forums and that you're Portuguese. Correct?
MCard LOLA
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Yes I am portguese...why do you ask?
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Maybe he's a genuine member who posted spam just for a laugh, I was thinking of creating another account just to do that but i'm not going to.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Genuine as can be...habe had this nickname for over 10 years now!

And didn't post spam it was really info to add to the Pacific GP profile...as the info there isn't 100% accurate.
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

dr-baker wrote:Hasn't this topic already come up in a thread elsewhere? Tried searching for it but couldn't find it...

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think somebody on this forum may have provided a link to a story about this sometime earlier this year, or over the winter...? Or am I losing the plot (again...)?

It was Mediocre, who found the story on the CTDP (Cars and Tracks Development Project) website, as he's working on a 1994 Mod with them.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Yes I am portguese...why do you ask?

I think he's asking because there's already a sizable Portuguese sub-community. ;)

Either was, welcome aboard. To be honest, I thought this could be a spam thread too. :D
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Just trying to prove you weren't spam and most people seem to reveal their nationality sooner or later... Welcome!

(And also just pure curiousity - yeah, I know it killed the cat, but so what?)
MCard LOLA
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

dr-baker wrote:

Just trying to prove you weren't spam and most people seem to reveal their nationality sooner or later... Welcome!

Curiosity is what keeps journalism afloat.
SDHammer

Post by SDHammer »

Surely that would only become an issue if you were a cat!!!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

SDHammer wrote:

Surely that would only become an issue if you were a cat!!!

...or a Jaguar?

And killed by a Black Death cigarette?
MCard LOLA
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

17 posts in and I don't know what the thread is about.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

shinji wrote:17 posts in and I don't know what the thread is about.

Start with the Pacific profile, before Imola 1994. Then, read the first post.
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Just thought I would make the point here that we had a potential new member with some interesting information and we've managed to scare him away. This is the first time I have seen this forum do this but I don't want us to turn into other forums where everyone pounces on the newbies.

We need to stop claiming new members to be spambots and to listen to what they have to say instead of instantly dismissing it.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Tealy wrote:Just thought I would make the point here that we had a potential new member with some interesting information and we've managed to scare him away. This is the first time I have seen this forum do this but I don't want us to turn into other forums where everyone pounces on the newbies.

We need to stop claiming new members to be spambots and to listen to what they have to say instead of instantly dismissing it.

I hope you're wrong. Let's see how this develops, but it's a fair point. Seems to happen when we have a lot of in-jokes.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I haven't run off...!
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:I haven't run off...!

Thank goodness for that!
MCard LOLA
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
Tealy wrote:Just thought I would make the point here that we had a potential new member with some interesting information and we've managed to scare him away. This is the first time I have seen this forum do this but I don't want us to turn into other forums where everyone pounces on the newbies.

I hope you're wrong. Let's see how this develops, but it's a fair point. Seems to happen when we have a lot of in-jokes.

the most valuable members were usually following the forum some time before joining i think(except the anciensof course)and at least know the rejects-style from the driver profiles etc., but you have a point in trying to not scare away the newbies, as after all, we don't know them and they don't know us.
Probably, by even thinking of joining this forum you must have some kind of humour, or at least a critical view, or being a spambot, but after all, everyone can join this forum, we have to respect that.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This wrote:Probably, by even thinking of joining this forum you must have some kind of humour, or at least a critical view, or being a spambot, but after all, everyone can join this forum, we have to respect that.

I do share your concerns, and this has happened at least once in the past that I remember, but it's a bit of a difficult line to thread. It's up to everyone to be nice. And man, do we need a "Say hello!" thread posted as sticky...
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

we should let everyone fill in an endless list of both relevant and irrelevant questions in a 'sey hello' topic :D
+ a complete life story and some pictures :P

oh wait, we should not scare them away...
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

This wrote:oh wait, we should not scare them away...

Important reminder there. :mrgreen:
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

Sorry to bring up a ridiculously old topic, but I just found an article in the Oregon student newspaper that says that Death Cigarettes were started by a University of Oregon graduate named Charles Southwood. They were actually produced by someone who was trying to stop smoking by showing people how bad they are for people.
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

:o Hemogoblin?! He returns!

Are Black Death Cigarettes and Death Cigarettes one and the same though? If so that's fascinating. What an odd thing to do, promote a brand of cigarettes to show how unhealthy they are!
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
CoopsII

Post by CoopsII »

coops wrote:I thought this was spam. I thought it was some dodgy russian fag spambot.

This guys not as funny as he thinks he is....
Just For One Day...
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

CoopsII wrote:

This guys not as funny as he thinks he is....

And you would know because....???? :?

;) :lol: 8-)
MCard LOLA