ROTR Malaysia 2012

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
RonDenisDeletraz

ROTR Malaysia 2012

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Say who you think will be ROTR here.
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Ed24

Re: ROTR Malaysia 2012

Post by Ed24 »

Just beat me to it;

My nomination would be Grosjean so far, but Rosberg and Senna are also candidates, not to mention Bernie Ecclestone for being too greedy with the late start time (a sequel to his 2009 award for the same track).
Last edited by Ed24 on 25 Mar 2012, 08:42, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Romain Grosjean: You get an epic start and then you proceed to be a grade A muppet after that
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

RRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
sswishbone

Post by sswishbone »

Grosjean, epic start then he blew it with a silly collision with Schumacher and then dropped it into the sandpit stupidly
"Hispania are a waste of talent and petrol!" Martin Brundle, Australia Qualifying 2011

Live streams and podcasts from yours truly at http://www.youtube.com/user/sswishbone
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Grosjean, easy. Unless the race gets restarted, then it'll be the stewards for denying HRT half a point!
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Unless the race gets restarted, then it'll be the stewards for denying HRT half a point!

And perhaps more importantly, the unrejectification of Sergio Perez!
-Abraham Lincoln
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

The decision to stop the race.
WeirdKerr
Location: on the edge of nowhere with a ludicrous grid penalty.....

Post by WeirdKerr »

the teams who don't have a gazebo.....
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

WeirdKerr wrote:the teams who have a gazebo.....

Fixxxed
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Obviously Grosjean. Once again binned his great performance in quali :(
the Masked Lapwing

I stand by my nomination of Grosjean, but an honorable mention must go to whoever decided that Perez saty out an extra lap on inters. He could probably have made the mistake and still easily won.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
DOSBoot

Post by DOSBoot »

1. Grojean: His collision which Shumacher made this one an easy choise.

2. Massa: Finishing 15th is one thing, but when you finish 15th while you're teammate won the race is a whole different matter.
Proud supporter of the United States 2nd Amendment.

2012 Predicament Predictions Champion.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

DOSBoot wrote:2. Massa: Finishing 15th is one thing, but when you finish 15th while you're teammate won the race is a whole different matter.

Kobayashi deserves a mention for a similar reason.
-Abraham Lincoln
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Grrrrjjjjjjjjjjjnnnnnnnn, no doubt.

A mention for Mercedes. Abject race and that's 2 in a row.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

Felipe Massa
Narain Karthikeyan (this coming from a HRT-fan...)
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
the Masked Lapwing

Ed24 wrote:
DOSBoot wrote:2. Massa: Finishing 15th is one thing, but when you finish 15th while you're teammate won the race is a whole different matter.

Kobayashi deserves a mention for a similar reason.

The difference being that Kobayashi at least looked like he might pick up a point or two. I still have no idea how he retired though.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Grosjean - threw away a great qualifying again
Massa - once again, godawful
Button - accident was his own fault, didn't do much afterwards
Mercedes - once again, nowhere
Sauber's strategists - if only they hadn't kept Perez out for an extra lap....
mediocre

Post by mediocre »

Totally Felipe Massa for being crap.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

solarcold wrote:Narain Karthikeyan (this coming from a HRT-fan...)

What did Karthikeyan do wrong? He was racing for position with Button and Vettel moved across on him.
-Abraham Lincoln
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Jenson Button - Ha! Fortune was ready to hand him yet another win, but he blew it! Jenson was, is and always will be nothing more than a midfielder with more luck than any human being deserves.

Felipe Massa - Oh boy...

Romain Grosjean - He could have done brilliantly but no, he spins out.
WaffleCat

Post by WaffleCat »

Perez's strategists.They pull off a simply epic job in Australia,then they let him stay on inters for an extra lap in which he should have easily got ahead had he changed to slicks.
My friend's USB drive spoiled, spilled tea on her laptop and had a bird poo in her hand.

What did she do in her past life to deserve this?

Signup for the Random Racing League, Season TWO!!!
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

Ed24 wrote:
solarcold wrote:Narain Karthikeyan (this coming from a HRT-fan...)

What did Karthikeyan do wrong? He was racing for position with Button and Vettel moved across on him.

Definitely, Narain was not at fault for those incidents, and made good use of the call to start on the wet tyres, even just running in the points will be a morale boost for the team. Although, if you were watching the lap times, once again his laps weren't that consistent, but he still beat De La Rosa to the finish, and I have no idea when and where he was getting lapped.
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Grosjean - I'm starting to pick up on a pattern here, which is a shame, because I do like him, and he obviously does have the pace.

Massa - He was crap as usual, it's getting embarassing for a guy who should have been a champion. Especially when your replacement did so very well...
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:The difference being that Kobayashi at least looked like he might pick up a point or two. I still have no idea how he retired though.

I'm not sure about that, he seemed to be generally running outside of the points, and was slipping back behind Ricciardo, Senna etc. when Perez was making great progress.
-Abraham Lincoln
RAK

Post by RAK »

Romain Grosjean: Points are awarded on Sunday, not on Saturday. He can't just keep throwing away good grid positions with clumsy mistakes. Vergne stayed out acceptably on intermediates and scored solid points. Given that Grosjean clearly has some pace, he needs to display it.

Jenson Button: Derping his way into the back of Karthikeyan just spoiled his race. Languishing around in the midfield isn't really what we should have seen from Button.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
GwilymJJames

Post by GwilymJJames »

Grosjean - poor
Button - Couldn't overtake an HRT for position, and then struggled throughout the race.
Vettel - Moved over on Karthikeyan too early
Sauber stratergists - Mistake with the pit, and order not to overtake was distracting for Perez.
Whichever member of the HRT team was on the grid after the 3 minute warning - for being on the grid after the 3 minute warning
Massa - Obvious reasons
WARNING: Vettel fan.

Shut up Eccles!
tkcom

Post by tkcom »

Mercedes Top qually job, but at the end of the day got less point than every midfield team.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

My picks...

3rd: Jenson Button - that costly incident with Karthikeyan was completely unnecessary.
2nd: Rmmnnn Grrrjnnn - great qualifying went to waste early in the race.
1st: Felipe Massa - Finished 15th while Alonso won. On top of that the much-rumored Perez came 2nd. At this rate, his place at Ferrari is doomed.
DonTirri
Location: Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way.

Post by DonTirri »

Massa.
No whats, ifs, buts or maybes.
I got Pointed Opinions and I ain't afraid to use em!
F1rejects no.1Räikkönen and Vettel fan.
BTW, thats Räikkönen with two K's and two N's. Not Raikonnen (Raikkonen is fine if you have no umlauts though)
mario

Post by mario »

For me, Grosjean probably takes this award - it is one thing to throw the car off the track, and to be the only driver who spun out in those conditions despite everybody else being on the same tyres, and it is another thing to have also screwed up the race of somebody else (his collision with Schumacher).

Mind you, I'll agree that Button also ranks fairly highly - in his case, it is at least partially mitigated by the good job he'd done earlier, and at least he seems to have had the sense to know when to switch tyres (it seems that McLaren overruled him until Ricciardo started blitzing the sector times - and speaking of which, McLaren weren't that sharp in the pit lane today).
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
Ataxia
Not Important

Post by Ataxia »

Massa - Was just rubbish. Has gone from having a poor 2011 to a dismal 2012 so far. Wonder if the phrase 'As useless as Felipe Massa' will gather popularity?
Grosjean - Beached his car again. He might as well just start in the gravel trap in China, save the hassle.
Mercedes - Always good on a Friday, ok on a Saturday, crap on a Sunday. Perhaps a bit Craig David-y, but it's a fair summary.

Overall, I'd go with Massa. Honourable (or dishonourable?) mentions to Button, Vettel and Karthikeyan, the crash-based triumvirate. And the HRT employee who stayed on the grid too long, shame on you.
Mitch Hedberg wrote:I want to be a race car passenger: just a guy who bugs the driver. Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Man, you really like Tide...
MinardiFan95

Post by MinardiFan95 »

Jenson Button: for his hurried attempt to get past Karthikeyan, which was simply uncalled for, he'd have easily got past him before the DRS zone anyway and then the botched strategy, using another set of intermediates and waiting until someone else went onto slicks. Not exactly Jen-sational at all.

Felipe Massa: for another lackluster performance, being beaten by Button who was having plenty of issues of his own and to add insult to injury, his teammate and likely replacement finish first and second.

Mercedes: for another below average Sunday that really should have seen them remain level on points with the three new teams, except Schumi lucked out when the Faster Pastor's engine cried "no more".
This is a cool spot.
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

Honourable mention: Mercedes.
No race pace, whatsoever. Points aren't given out on Saturday.

ROTR: Felipe Massa.
Your team-mate wins and you finish nowhere. And most of it was his own making, imo. He had one pitstop that was a bit slow, but it only lost him a few seconds. Outbraking himself when he was in the points, and then not really recovering, at all, was no one's fault but his own. And as I said in the race thread, to do this on a weekend when Perez, the man who is possibly being lined up to replace you, should have won and your team-mate did... well that's not going to do your career prospects any good.
Belegur

Post by Belegur »

3rd - Karthikeyan - constantly gets in everyone's way, and promptly ruins their race.

2nd - Mercedes - all that promise and still nowhere when it matters.

1st - Massa. Alonso showed what was possible in that Ferrari, but Felippe just isn't anywhere near his team-mate in ability any more. Personally I think it was losing the WDC to Hamilton that was the beginning of the end, rather than his crash, but whatever...
Shizuka

Post by Shizuka »

Wizzie wrote:Romain Grosjean: You get an epic start and then you proceed to be a grade A muppet after that

Exactly my thoughts. Romain Grosjean needs to finish a race, not to throw it away early...

Code: Select all

14:03   RaikkonenPlsCare   There's some water in water
James1978

Post by James1978 »

I think Button deserves it more than Massa does to be honest, especially given the reason Maldonado got it in Oz (a costly error rather than just generally being useless). When I saw a McLaren lose its front wing on an HRT I honestly thought it was Hamilton given the fact he'd lost time pitting and probably had the red mist.

And I expected so much more of Button than I did of Massa too.
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Grosjean. Only 5 laps completed so far this season.

And an honourable mention for Felipe Massa, for being absolutely dreadful
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Grosjean, another case of what could of been, Senna was also flying off the road everywhere and crashed in to Maldonado at the start but recovered to take 6th.
Message me on Discord.
Paul Hayes

Post by Paul Hayes »

Has to be my favourite driver, Button, sadly. Threw away a real chance to set out his stall for the world championship.