Favourite and less favourite teams.

The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Pedestrian

Favourite and less favourite teams.

Post by Pedestrian »

I was wondering what are the most popular teams among users of this forum, and I don't remember seeing any threads on this subject.
So I decided to open this discussion and I will ask you to rank the teams in the order of your prefernce.
Maybe if there are many answers I will do some sort of score.
Here is my list, from most liked to most disliked:

McLaren
Lotus
Mercedes
Williams
Force India
Sauber
Marussia
Caterham
HRT
Red Bull
Ferrari
Torro Rosso
Sunshine_Baby_[IT]

Re: Favourite and less favourite teams.

Post by Sunshine_Baby_[IT] »

It's to difficult for me to make a list from my favourite to my less favourite... I don't really have a favourite team (I prefer to support drivers). Probably I would put Mercedes in first position just because of one of its drivers...
I'm Perry McCarthy and Taki Inoue's fan number 1 and I always will be.

My twitter: @Miluuu_Sunshine
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

Well my favourite team Ever is Super Aguri.
but

1.McLaren
2.Williams
3.Force India
(I have merc from all 3)
4.Marrusia
5.Lotus
6.Sauber
7.HRT
8.Mercedes
9.Toro Rosso
10.Redbull

Dislike
11.Gatorham
12.Ferrari
Message me on Discord.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Williams

Everyone else.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
James1978

Post by James1978 »

That's actually a lot harder to do now than say 10 or 15 years ago when the team bosses were so much more interesting! :)

It does tend to be what drivers are driving for whichever teams - in my early days of the following the sport I really liked Ferrari when they were rubbish (the early - mid 90s), but hated them when they had Schumi and Irvine (I was a lot more partial to Barrichello than I was Irvine though).

And I always liked Benetton/Renault apart from 1994-95 when they were winning, hmmmmm.

I loved Williams but hated them for a bit after they dumped Damon Hill - now I don't like them for their driver selection either - after their 2011 disaster they needed to consolidate and recover in the midfield so they pick two unreliable drivers who often get into scrapes. Yeah great. They should have had Nick Heidfeld instead. ;-)

Sorry I'm rambling!!!

McLaren are my faves at the moment though, not just for the drivers but Martin Whitmarsh is a lot more likeable than Ron Dennis. :)
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
F1 Adam

Post by F1 Adam »

Ferrari
Sauber
Mercedes
Toro Rosso
Williams
Red Bull
Marussia
Lotus
Force India
HRT
Caterham
McLaren

I'm not even sure about 4th-10th. Top three and bottom two for definite though. I only don't like McLaren because when I started watching F1 in the late 90s they would always beat Ferrari and for that reason I hated them. Even today I'm still clearly very childish when it comes to that.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

This is hard to do, because Caterham would have been my favourites until Trulli-gate during testing...

Mercedes
Caterham
McLaren
Sauber
Williams
Manor Grand Prix :P
Force India
Torro Rosso
Campos Meta 1 :P
Red Bull
Ferrari
Group Bahar :twisted:
Last edited by Londoner on 19 Mar 2012, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

Like:
HRT
slightly like
Marussia
Caterham
Williams
Lotus
slightly dislike
Red Bull
Ferrari
No opinion:
Mclaren
Force India
Sauber
Mercedes
Toro Rosso

Usually i don't care much about which team beats which team, i can identify more with drivers. Although HRT have my unconditional support!
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Sauber
Force India
Toro Rosso
HRT
Caterham
Lotus
Marussia
Ferrari
McLaren
Red Bull
Williams
Mercedes
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
QuickYoda41

Post by QuickYoda41 »

It's hard to say. I always had favourite and less favourite drivers irrespective of their teams. Still, I'll try to make a list.

1. Sauber - that's obvious, since the Heidfeld-Raikkonen team, through the BMW-era, until today's Kobayashi-Perez line-up, ready to give opportunity for young talents

2. Marussia - getting harder, but a true reject team with Glock; they can even make me like at least a little bit a Frenchman (don't feel offended, if you're French, but most of time I root against athletes from this country, only exception worth to mention is Jo-Wilfried Tsonga)

3. Force India - although this year's line-up is not my favourite, their ex-Jordanity is still a factor.

4. Red Bull - ok, they made last season boring, but I like them from the Stewart-years on, and I have already expected their success before 2009

5. Caterham - Replacing Trulli with Petrov, especially in that manner was a no-no, but other than this, I like them and I hope their efforts will finally pay off this year - I mean points finishes, of course

6. McLaren - High in my early F1-days, very low in 2007, climbing upwards with signing Button and getting out of Lewisteria (or kind of)

7. Toro Rosso - their Minardi-factor is close to non-existent and replacing Alguersuari with Vergne (a Frenchman, see above) wasn't a good idea, either

8. Williams - this is their first year this far down the list, what can you expect with a Pastor-Bruno line-up? Today's Ralf and Montoya would do a better job as well as a more likeable team

9. HRT - I know, that's probably a little papaya-worthy, but I expected them to be a modern Minardi, not a team for 35+/hopeless/both drivers

10. Mercedes - well, if you start off with hiring the driver I hate the most instead of my favourite... Mercedes is lucky not to be dead-last

11. Lotus - never liked Renualt either, now they even have a fake name

12. Ferrari - that's the other obvious one; still, I was more than happy with Raikkonen's title - as I started, the driver was always more important for me than the team

Edit: I almost forgot: Jordan, Minardi, Super Aguri - they'll always be liked
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

Ferrari
Sauber
Mercedes
Caterham
Red Bull
Williams
Marussia
Toro Rosso
Force India
HRT
Lotus
McLaren
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
wmetcalf68

Post by wmetcalf68 »

1. Red Bull
2. Mercedes
3. McLaren
4. Caterham
5. Lotus
6. Ferrari
7. Williams
8. Sauber
9. Force India
10. Marussia
11. Torro Rosso
12. HRT
RIP Dan Wheldon #77
RIP Marco Simoncelli #58
RIP Sean Edwards
RIP Maria de Villota
Ataxia's take on the cool wall:
Ataxia wrote:Felipe, baby: Cool
Backmarker

Post by Backmarker »

HRT - what's not to like? Dallara chassis for 2009, failing to qualify within 107% as if they're Forti, employing Colin Kolles (though sadly sacking him), moving from Germany (okay place to base an F1 team) to Madrid (stupid place to base an F1 team).
McLaren - British team (ignore the famous Kiwi founder) with British drivers, who actually let their drivers race each other. Also they really annoy Ferrari.
Lotus - a lot tells me I shouldn't like Lotus, mainly the fact that they aren't actually Lotus. But I do, they've got a cool livery, I like their drivers, I like the staff.
Sauber - Peter Sauber, back in charge again. Good drivers, just slightly boring with their race strategy and the livery. Just like a Swiss team should be.
Williams - a shadow of a once great team - in 1996 they decided they were too good for the world champion, now they're reduced to letting South Americans pay millions to drive for th- actually, this sounds a decent business plan to me.
Red Bull - I like Vettel, I like Newey and Horner, so why don't I like them more? I can't get away from the fact that they're a drinks manufacturer first, and a lot of their 'wild and crazy' nature seems like it gets thought up in a board room. Which it probably is.
Caterham - They're okay. Of the new F1 teams they'll do the best, and Mike Gascoyne is always interesting, but they're just a bit safe and dull.
Force India - I don't think much of their jumped-up A1GP team name or their livery. I like di Resta and Hulkenberg though, but I wouldn't be sad to see them go.
Mercedes - nice looking car, and I liked Brawn. But I don't like Michael Schumacher or Nico Rosberg.
Marussia - Nice livery, and I liked when they had Nick Wirth making the chassis the wrong size, but nothing about them interests me now.
Toro Rosso - So forgettable I nearly forgot to mention them here. Ricciardo and Vergne look good though.
Ferrari - Year after year of dominance, and Michael Schumacher.
The Iceman Waiteth
What if Kimi Räikkönen hadn't got his chance in 2001?
gnrpoison

Post by gnrpoison »

1. Caterham: Whilst many felt it was sacrilege to use the Team Lotus name, I liked how when they appeared they were trying to not necessary be the same team but an evolution on that. It was nice to see them use the colours and try to acquire the rights. As Team Lotus were a fave of mine I admired this and it helped I like Heikki and Jarno.

2. HRT: I admire that as nearly under prepared as US F1 were, they are still going at it and seem to have cars each year that while not competitve are pleasing on the eye. Just wish the Dallera partnership had continued and they could improve their budget.

3. Mercedes: Nice livery, was great to see Brawn come out of that mess that was Honda's 2007 and 2008 seasons. Also nice that the Tyrrell team is still there in its entry some 14/15 years after it was sold. Plus would like to see Nico win as enjoyed Keke racing.

4. McLaren: Definitely helps that Button is driving for them now, but I get nostaglic when I hear the name as who cannot remember those fantastic cars of its history. Helps that their car is the best looking of the bunch and they always seem to have very pleasing on the eye cars.

5. Williams: Still relatively independant, still trying, nice nostaglic combination this year with engine and car livery, also without them having the services of Mansell and Hill, my love of F1 may not have started.

6. Toro Rosso: Still remind me a lil of Minardi and because Italy 2008 was so nice to have for its history. Be nice if they weren't Red Bull jr

7. Sauber: Good lineup of drivers, but wished they would go with their 1993 - 1995 colours or the blue and green Petronas years and they are a little dull

8. Marussia: Like them now that the links with Branson are fading but cannot see them having a future and woul not be sad to see them go.

9. Force India: Enjoyed Jordan but don't really care about this team that much

10. Red Bull: Webber keeps them from being the bottom 2, but I am bored of Vettel's dominance like I was with another German driver and despite liking Stewart, its hard to feel pity when they were Jaguar.

11. Ferrari: For me to like them again would be simple, no championships for another 6 years, no white on there cars and a darker red with black wings, get rid of that bloody nose and front wing, a V12 engine

12. Fake Lotus, to me Crashgate did it, then the whole Lotus name thing. If they were going to change their name I wish it would be back to Benetton or Toleman. However Raikkonen and Grosjean are pluses with this outfit but the Alonso, Briatore years have killed what was one of my favourite teams to look out for back in the period of 1987 - 1992.

Favourite teams ever
Team Lotus
Minardi
Osella
Modena Lamborghini
Arrows
March
Dallara/Scuderia Italia
Life
Coloni
Williams (85 - 96)
McLaren (84 - 93, 97 - 2000)
Benetton (87 - 90 mainly as I loved that livery)
Last edited by gnrpoison on 20 Mar 2012, 03:05, edited 1 time in total.
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Sauber - In other times, they would be in third but my the Perez/Kobayashi driver lineup plus their privateer status put them in first for me.

Williams - Williams were moderately successful when I started watching F1 so I always liked them. I especially liked JPM but he's in NASCAR now. Still, I root for Williams whenever possible.

HRT - Obviously because of their reject status.

McLaren - I'm not that big on Ferrari so I nominally support one of the greatest rivals.

Force India - I don't know. I just like them.

Red Bull - Red Bull never used to make much of an impression on me when they were in the midfield (getting beaten by their junior team didn't really make them stand out).

STR - Well, they are the B team of above so they are about equal.

Mercedes - Mainly because of the Brawn/Schumacher factor.

Caterham - Don't really care that much.

Marussia - Don't really care that much.

Ferrari - They think they're bigger than the sport and they whine in the press about various issues. Not too big of a fan.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

Most favourite:
Caterham
Force India
HRT
McLaren

No opinion:
Williams
Red Bull
Sauber
Lotus
Marussia
Mercedes
Toro Rosso

Least favourite:
Ferrari
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Sauber

Everyone else

Bahar-Toleman
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

HRT - Kind of by default. I think they deserve every ounce of success they get.
Caterham - Pretty much a side-effect of employing 2 of my favourite drivers.
Sauber - I always liked Sauber. I think it's because they tend to give exciting drivers a route into F1.
McLaren - They're pretty much the only team that's regularly taken the fight to Red Bull. And they have Jenson Button.

Force India
Marussia
Lotus
Williams
Red Bull
Ferrari
Mercedes

Toro Rosso - Jaime Alguersuari and Sebastien Buemi. I didn't really even rate Buemi, and they have the right to let them go, but the manner in which they did so was appalling.
Last edited by Salamander on 20 Mar 2012, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I would like to point out I was the biggest of all Arrows and Minardi fans until their demise in 2002 and 2005 respectively.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Williams
HRT
Caterham
Mercedes
Sauber
Lotus
Ferrari
McLaren
Force India
Marussia
Toro Rosso
Red Bull

Easy.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
jackanderton

Post by jackanderton »

Williams
Force India
McLaren
Sauber
HRT
'Lotus' Brought To You By Renault
Caterham
Marussia

Mercedes
Toro Rosso
Red Bull

Ferrari
solarcold

Post by solarcold »

HRT (just <3)

Sauber (good team though their team orders used to suck back then)
Williams (love since Montoya. and the Reverend is an interesting guy overall.)

Mercedes (good positive team)
McLaren (respectable team, really willing to save the sport)
Caterham (Petrov + Kova + nice attitude)

Force India (Liked before they fired Tonio.)
Toro Rosso (they're NOT Minardi. the team athmosphere is now overwhelming and suckful)
Red Bull (Mark is okay though.)

Marussia (weird for a russian to dislike this team but...)

Ferrari (I like Massa though. but the team's approach SUCKS. They're bringing the sport into disrepute)

Lotus (hypocrites bringing the sport into disrepute. Though Kimi is nice.)
"Here's your car. Go nuts."
Dallara, 2010
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

Uber 1. Super Aguri - It doesn't matter if they don't exist any more, I will never stop supporting them!

1. HRT - The true reject spirit, should be near the top of every member's list on this forum.

2. Williams - Supporter since my vague memories of Mansell winning everything when I was 5.

3. Sauber - Never liked them, but the started climbing when Kobayashi joined and got this high when I realised I really liked Perez too. Its mostly about the drivers so I don't know if I will continue to support them once they've left.

4. Fondmetal Team Malaysia - The best chance of a "reject team comes good" storyline.

5. McLaren - Mostly fueled by patriotism.

6. Simtek-Marussia - Somehow not as endearing as the other two newbies, maybe its Branson's early influence.

7. Toleman-Lotus - Another driver fueled one, didn't give a damn last year but I like Kimi and I like RMMNNN GRRRSSJJJNNN

8. Torro Rosso - Fallen in my estimation with the unceremonious sackings last season, not much of the Minardi spirit is left.

9. Force India - Theres no particular reason not to like them, but I think they're just a bit bland.

10. Mercedes - While I do hope Schumie does well these days (one last hurrah), the rest of the team is a yawnfest.

11. Red Bull - I have an aversion to winning, I do like Webber though.

12. Ferrari - The scars from the Schumacher era run deep, its going to take a lot to get me to like Ferrari again.
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Red Bull
Williams
Force India
Sauber
Toro Rosso
Caterham
McLaren
Lotus
Mercedes
Marussia
HRT

Ferrari (Despise them)
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
Minardi Man

Post by Minardi Man »

Mclaren - Always used to secretly like them, since the team's warmed up more so with winger Dennis gone and Button driving for them, I don't feel so ashamed to say i'm a fan. Oh, and they also have a tendency to make the most beautiful cars on the grid since the 80s.

Williams - Historical privateer team, who are (or were at least) advocates of innovation. What's not to like?

Sauber - Again, privateers which is a plus. Best driver pairing on the grid is the main reason for them being here though, though i do like the personality of the team a lot as well.

HRT - This could be temporary, they're starting to frustrate me more now with their lack of progress and extra hype. Though, I know they're still the quintessential modern rejects we all know and love.

Lotus - They may be blatantly lying with their team name, and they may be descended from a team which was once ran by the biggest scumbag to ever be a part of F1. BUT. They have a very very pretty livery, and have shown recently a willingness to innovate (RRHC, front blown exhausts last year) just like the Lotus of old.

Marussia - SPYKER REBORN! Liking them a lot more since they dropped the dumb name and the failure of the CFD only approach.

Ferrari - I love to hate them. I feel myself despising their political obsessiveness at one point, only to love the passion of the fans at monza a week or so later.

Caterham - I did not like them in 2010 TBH, and though my opinion of them improved through 2011, thanks to the work of a certain Finnish driver, I've lost more respect for them this year (Trulli should have been dropped, but not like that, and the new car is obviously poor despite the hype).

Force India - Neither a force with this years car especially, or Indian. False advertising at it's worst.

Mercedes - Not going to lie, if this was still Brawn GP and Button had never been kicked out, this team would have definately been my favourite. The mercedes monicker is a cold front for what underneath could be such an endearing team

Red Bull - Corporate company running an image boosting operation. I'm sorry I have no idea why anybody would support this team. I don't hate them, I just think they're very dull, and shouldn't be a team really.

Torro Rosso - Disgusting team, nothing they do is right, I cannot wait for the day in which this team no longer exists. This corporate image machine ate up my favourite team, used customer cars (something which i am dead against), ruined promising drivers careers, and have been monitored by their parent company to stay blocking up the midfield so as not to ruin the company plan and threaten to achieve anything the "A" team hasn't (see 2008). Only the messiah and his child, Paul Stoddart and HWNSNBM can restore what is left of Minardi from this so called racing team.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

Listed from best to worst

Sauber
McLaren
Force India
Lotus
Ferrari
Red Bull
HRT
Marussia
Williams (I can't like them anymore...)
Mercedes
Toro Rosso (OK with the drivers, hate the people who run the team)
Caterham (a melange of idiots)
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Favourite teams (past and present)

Williams, McLaren, Minardi, Hesketh, Mastercard Lola, Simtek, the modern-day green-and-yellow team (run by a guy who went to the same boarding school as me, in the same boarding house as me, at around the time I was born), HRT, Virgin (simply because they signed up Maria de Villota, who Jamie and Enoch discussed in the 2011 Christmas podcast), Brawn

Least favourite teams

Ferrari, mid-1990s (Schumi/Briatore era) Benetton, Toro Rosso (in principle)
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
RAK

Post by RAK »

1) Sauber - The Kobayashi/Perez duo makes this team for me. I wouldn't have thought much of them beforehand, especially during the BMW Sauber years, but they just constantly seem to be punching above their weight.

2) Caterham - Again, a case of a team trying to punch above their weight, moreso last year than this year, but I still like the way that Kovalainen seems to gun for it even if he's not guaranteed great performances.

3) HRT - A proper reject team. Entertaining in their incompetence. Also, amusingly ahead of Virgin during the last two years by proxy.

4) Force India - Even though I don't think much of Nico Hulkenberg - I think he hasn't shown the sort of talent that his reputation suggests - di Resta did very well last year, and I was impressed. Force India's ranking will probably drop this year, though.

5) McLaren - The first of the current big teams in my rankings. This is mainly because of Button, who I supported in 2009, and who has seemed to properly succeed much more now than he did before the 2009 season. Hamilton is more objectionable, but I often respect his driving.

6) Red Bull - This would have been higher had they not dominated last season. 2010 was quite a favourable year for them in my rankings, and because they're not set to dominate this year, their ranking may rise again. Vettel is certainly not objectionable as a person, but it was annoying to see last season wrapped up so quickly.

7) Ferrari - While the misgivings are still there from the 2000-2004 domination by Schumacher, I kind of want them to succeed for reasons of consistency.

8) Lotus - I like the drivers. I want Raikkonen to do well because it would be good to see a returning driver actually succeed to some extent, and I want Grosjean to do well because it would validate the GP2 series a bit more. I'm not especially fond of the current incarnation of Lotus, though - I liked them when they were Renault and had Kubica in the driver's seat, but the use of the Lotus name seems rather cynical. Of course, Caterham had the same situation a year ago, but I had other reasons for liking them.

9) Marussia - Unfortunately, a very dull team from my perspective. They're stuck between the potential overachievers at Caterham and the reject-worthy HRT team. Their second drivers have been largely anonymous and even Timo Glock doesn't seem all that keen.

10) Mercedes - Back when this team were Brawn, they were at the top of my list. Now, they just bore me. They're underachieving, Michael Schumacher's poor performance is frustrating, especially given his domination in the past and the glut of ambitious drivers in the lower formulae, and Nico Rosberg seems worryingly anonymous for a potentially front-running driver.

11) Williams - I don't have the nostalgic spirit that some people have for Williams. To me, they're a former front-runner which lost its way, and which have been becoming increasingly irrelevant. Their driver lineup this year doesn't inspire a huge amount of confidence either.

12) Toro Rosso - Unceremoniously dumping both of your drivers and replacing them doesn't inspire much sympathy from me. Both of their drivers this year are anonymous as well, although I do want Vergne to succeed to some extent. Ricciardo was fine in the HRT, but I liked Alguersuari to some extent, and Ricciardo is just too dull at the moment.
Predicament Predictions Champion, 2011, 2018, 2019

They weren't the world's most competent team,
In fact, to be believed, their results must be seen,
Lola,
M-Mastercard Lola,
L, O, L, A, Lola!
Dan B

Post by Dan B »

1) Marussia: Say what you will, but they're trying their hardest with what they have. Dumping CFD was probably the best thing they have done and it is showing in the results.
2) Force India: I know they are a bit bland this year but their history makes up for it. Wish they were more Indian in name though, and I miss Sutil.
3) HRT: Like Marussia, they are trying their hardest with what they have. And they have Karthikeyan!
4) Sauber: Kobayashi-Perez is probably the 2nd strongest duo on the grid following McLaren.

5) Mercedes: I don't know if it's because Schumacher is there, their cars have that ugly-duckling look to them (ugly but you love them anyway) or what, but there's something odd about that team that makes me want to like them.

6) Ferrari: I don't know why. Yeah, they're slimeballs but they admit they are slimeballs. Plus, ever since I started watching F1 at a young age (since 1990) I always liked Ferrari. Old habits die hard.
7) Lotus: I like the drivers. I like them when they were 2010 Renault and they didn't have any of the mess that surrounded the Lotus name. I don't like how they have become, and their method of dumping their previous drivers was pretty bad. Not as bad as Caterham or Toro Rosso though for that.
8) McLaren: Like how I always liked Ferrari for reasons unknown I never really liked McLaren. Which is too bad because I think Button is one of the best drivers, as a driver and as a human being. Their treatment of Kovalainen though is something to be desired however.
9) Caterham: Yes, Trulli was the worse of the two drivers last year; however, his sacking was completely disgusting. Also seems to be all talk and no result, and Kovalainen and Petrov are wasting their time at this team.
10) Toro Rosso: I never liked the idea of a B-Team in Formula 1, and their treatment of their drivers is appalling. Yes, Scott Speed was a reject by all accounts but the team didn't help him one bit. Yes, Buemi and Alguersuari were nothing spectacular though they should not have been fired the way they have (especially Alguersuari, who I regarded as the stronger of the two drivers). I hope Ricciardo and Vergne get better treatment.

11) Williams: This isn't the team I remember back in 1993, 1996, or heck, even 2003. I strongly suspect they would have gone with Adrian Sutil provided he did not have that court case brouhaha; that said, their driver lineup is shaky at best.
12) Red Bull: Like how I said Ferrari are slimeballs, these guys I feel like are even bigger slimeballs (and they don't admit they are, unlike Ferrari). There is something repulsive about the team that just makes me not want to like them; I can't put it into words. It's too bad as I like Mark Webber, and Sebastian Vettel can be alright too provided he doesn't act like a little brat. It's just the team is so slimy with politics it's not even funny.
Svenko Wankerov

Post by Svenko Wankerov »

Hard to say because it depends a lot on who is running the team and who's driving for them. Those things are in constant flux.

1. Red Bull - They might be in it to sell energy drinks, but when they have gone from pissing away HSBC money for mediocre results as Stewart and Jaguar to perennial contenders.
2. Ferrari - Mostly because my favorite drivers have driven for them, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I liked them because they are great at pissing off pretentious Anglophiles. They are at least transparent about what their goals are.
3. Sauber - With Peter Sauber you know he is in it because he is passionate about the sport more than anything.
4. Mercedes - Brawn and Schumacher.
5. Force India - They could have taken the easy way out and taken KarTrollkeyan's $$$ but they'd rather compete. Wish they would have gotten rid of diResta instead of Sutil but he is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things so it's no big deal.
6. Toro Rosso - I understand the hate for them because of the management and the love for Minardi but towards the end Stoddart was enjoying the attention and hype he was getting as a mouthpiece so getting him out was good thing IMO.
7. Lotus - Not a fan of Group Lotus but they are still a solid team actually running things and I rather see them on the grid than not when it wasn't a sure thing after crashgate.
8. Williams - Stubborn to their own detriment, but I respect Sir Frank for sticking to his guns rather than over the top PR pandering that came out of Woking during the later years of the Dennis era. Why not higher? I just happened to dislike a lot of the drivers they had.
9. Marussia - lol CFD but at least that's gone now.
10. HRT - They were funny in a cute way until they brought back KarTrollkeyan. He is like a herpes infection that you can't get rid of and always seems to get in the way at the worst time.
11. Caterham - You were never Lotus. Tony Fernandes is good with playing PR but the reality is they are probably spending midfield money to run ahead of Marussia and HRT right now.
12. McLaren - It used to be worse when Ron Dennis was there with his hypocritical PR crap about team orders when it no longer suited his needs. But they are at least respectable now that Whitmarsh and Button have come in and gone away from it. The largely pretentious Anglophile fanbase left from the Dennis-Hamilton era are still as insufferable as ever but can't completely hold that against the team itself.
pi314159

Post by pi314159 »

My Favourite Teams today:
Sauber
HRT
Marussia
Caterham

My least favourite team:
Toro Rosso (for changing the Minardi name :()

Past teams I miss:
Minardi
Arrows
Prost
Super Aguri

Past teams I don't miss
BAR
Toyota
pasta_maldonado wrote:The stewards have recommended that Alan Jones learns to drive.
Aerospeed

Post by Aerospeed »

JeremyMcClean wrote:Listed from best to worst

Sauber
McLaren
Force India
Lotus
Ferrari
Red Bull
HRT
Marussia
Williams (I can't like them anymore...)
Mercedes
Toro Rosso (OK with the drivers, hate the people who run the team)
Caterham (a melange of idiots)

Looking back at this, I'm amazed that my opinions of these teams haven't changed a bit. :lol:
Mistakes in potatoes will ALWAYS happen :P
Trulli bad puns...
IN JAIL NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM
Copersucar

Post by Copersucar »

1. Sauber - Always been my favourite
2. HRT - True rejects and rejectful name
3. McLaren - British team
4. Marussia - Roots in Yorkshire
5. Force India - Liked them since Spa 09
6. Williams - Would be higher but for PDVSA
7. Mercedes - Indifferent
8. Toro Rosso - Ditched both drivers last year unfairly
9. Caterham - Pretended to be Lotus
10. Toleman - Still pretending
11. Ferrari - Cheats and ruined the sport in early 2000's
12. Red Bull - Horner is irritating and the team in general is incredibly lucky.
Last edited by Copersucar on 18 Nov 2012, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
"What else do you need to do? You have been world champion three times, you are obviously the quickest driver. Give it up and let's go fishing."
Prof. Sid Watkins 1928-2012
Ayrton Senna 1960-1994
Dj_bereta

Post by Dj_bereta »

Most favourites:

-Williams
-Sauber
-HRT
-Marussia
-Caterham

Teams that I like too:

-Mclaren
-Toleman/Benetton/Renault/Lotus
-Jordan/Midland/Spiker/Force India

Neutral:

-Red Bull (I liked more in the past)
-Minardi/Toro Rosso (I liked more in the past)

Teams that I don't like much:

-Ferrari
-Tyrrell/BAR/Honda/Brawn GP/Mercedes GP
Waiting for Lotus hiring Johnny Cecotto jr.
pasta_maldonado
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by pasta_maldonado »

Favourites:
1) Williams - Always loved the team, I think their liveries are superb, and they've hired some of my favourite drivers
2) McLaren - British, they employ Jensen Button, and they are Red Bull's biggest rivals.
3) Toleman - The dark horse, I liked Renault before them.
4) Sauber - The underdogs.
5)Mercedes - Supported B.A.R. and Brawn, and I just want to see them do well, maybe a little with rose tinted glasses for Schumi

Don't Mind
Marussia - Really want to see them do well
HRT - Gotta love a reject
Ferrari - Don't mind Ferrari

Dislike
Caterham - Unprofessional, owned by Tony Fernandes, ruined the Lotus name (At least Enstone have the common courtesy of doing well....)
Toro Rosso - Owned by Red Bull, they waste a spot on the grid for another team.

Dislike with a passion
Red Bull - Christian Horner is an irritating smarmy lucky t***, Dietrich Masteshite is a tool, Webber's a number 2, Vettel's an arrogant lucky tool, and for some reason they are the luckiest sods in the history of the sport.

Old teams I'd loike to see back
Prost - had a knack of being crap. But in the most beautiful of cars.
Ligier - The grid needs more French
Jordan - Had a knack of being quite good. In amazing looking cars
Minardi - Need I explain
Super Aguri - See above
Stewart/Jag - Just liked them

Teams I'd never like to see again
Toyota - the web definition of bland and boring. Also had an abilitiy to cock-up race wins.
Flavio Briatore
Midland/Spyker - Bought out Jordan, then were shite.
BMW - See Toyota
Klon wrote:more liek Nick Ass-idy amirite?
takagi_for_the_win

Post by takagi_for_the_win »

Faourites
1. Williams- Always had a thing for them, they're British and some of their liveries have been achingly sexy.
2. McLaren- Also British, they also employ drivers whom I like
3. Force India- Supported them since they were crap, a lot more soulful than Midland/Spyker IMO.
4. Sauber- Underdogs, their drivers are quite often simply awesome (Kobayashi, Perez, Kubica, Massa, Raikkonen etc)

Don't Mind
Marussia- Kudos to them for getting ahead of Caterham.
HRT- Its impossible to hate them really
Ferrari- They're Red Bulls main rival right now, so I can't really hate them
Lotus (Enstone)- Sexy livery, employ Raikkonen and Grosjean, shame Bahahaha acted like a prize twat with the whole naming debacle a couple of years back
Caterham- Plucky, nice liveries

Dislike
Toro Rosso- Got rid of Minardi name :evil:
Red Bull- Really dislike them. Horner is a mong as is Vettel, whilst words can't describe Helmut Marko

Teams I'd like to see return
Jordan- Awesome cars. Were also quite good.
Minardi- Gotta love them
Soopa Aguri- Same as Minardi
Jaguar- Never mind they were crap, they looked cool.

Teams I'm glad have gone
Toyota- Bland as hell
Honda- Shite, threatened to kill Buttons career
Midland- No personality
TORA! TORA! TORA!
Nuppiz
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nuppiz »

Toleman/Lotus - I usually root for the team that has the more successful Finn. Also, they don't seem to get into any scuffles with other teams.
Sauber - nice to see one of the 90s teams back in business after the Beemer years.
HRT - a throwback to the early 90s reject teams.

Indifferent
The Russian Virgins - they might indirectly cause Kovalainen's retirement from F1, but it's more Caterham's fault.
Caterham - Promising last year, and have Kovalainen, but fail to live up to their promises.
Williams - fallen on hard times, emplyoing two dolts decreases my score to them.
McLaren - get the job done without too much of a fuss. Better now that Hamilton won't be with them next season.

Dislike
Force India - lay off with that court case already.
Mercedes - waste of money for nothing in return.
Red Bull - whiners.
Toro Rosso - waste of grid space with an inefficient young driver program which only offers future chances to the next Vettel. Also, circumvents the customer car rule in a very cheeky manner.
Ferrari - little explanation needed.
Eurosport broadcast for the 1990 Mexican GP prequalifying:
"The Life, it looked very lifeless yet again... in fact Bruno did one, slow lap"
girry

Post by girry »

This season...driver decisions for next season will move Sauber and Mercedes down, and McLaren up on my list

Sauber - for drivers and being oldschool racing team
Williams - for being oldschool racing team
HRT - just because they're cool
---
Caterham - kind of always their attitude
Lotus - they did everything wrong 2011, everything right this season
Ferrari - it belongs in f1 to have a Ferrari that cheats and conspires, and who everyone hates
Marussia - boring, but still a plus for being rejectful
Force India - everything should click in theory for me to like them....but still, they're just meh
Red Bull - quite indifferent about them
---
Mercedes - only this high for Schumacher
McLaren - never liked them, too clean, no emotion
Toro Rosso - represents killing what was THE old f1 for me, Minardi
when you're dead people start listening
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

Updating my preferences since they've changed a bit:

HRT - They're HR-bathpluggin-T.
Williams - I don't particularly like either Maldonado or Senna, but it always makes me smile when they're doing well.
Sauber - It's Sauber.
McLaren - They still have Jenson Button, and they're picking up Perez too. If only they could cut out all the errors they make...
Lotus - They brought Kimi back! And although Grosjean is Grosjean, I still like him.

Ferrari
Marussia
Force India
Caterham

Mercedes - For bathplug's sake, you have Ross bloody Brawn! Why are you so shite!?
Toro Rosso - I'm not forgiving them for Alguersuari and Buemi. Utterly disgraceful.
Red Bull - Yeah, I've had about enough of your bull, Christian.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
whatisdeletrazdoing

Post by whatisdeletrazdoing »

Really Like
Sauber: Because I don't really know. I just like them.
Lotus: Because Raikkonen
Mercedes: Because silver paint
Caterham: Because green paint

Likeish
McLaren: Because I used to hate them, until I started hating Ferrari
Williams: Because I don't really know why

Like more than I dislike
HRT: Because they're so bad
Marussia: Because they have a cool paint scheme

No opinion
Toro Rosso: Because they're boring
Force India: Because I used to like them until they stopped being so bad

Dislike
Red Bull: Because I'm annoyed by the legal/not legal and the "we don't have team orders except for when we do" and all the damn winning they do
Ferrari: Because of so many reasons.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmaokoen/ Lego F1 Cars
CarlosFerreira wrote:I am vaguely annoyed by Vettel.