Video - Andrea Moda in the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
S921

Video - Andrea Moda in the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by S921 »

Here I am again to show you a new gem that I found: the footage of the infamous participation of the Andrea Moda team in the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix. Includes some "action" of McCarthy and Moreno, an interview and some "glamour" of the Andrea's pits.

Here it is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-MIeynO4g
"The car was a recklessness. Andrea team mechanics came in and out the circuit aboard a van seeking workshops that could yield parts or looking for spares, like a cable, a valve or a spring." - Flavio Gomes about Andrea Moda
dr-baker

Re: Video - Andrea Moda in the 1992 Monaco Grand Prix

Post by dr-baker »

A great find (and I had second view of this video!). But why do they thank Martin Brundle at the start of this video clip?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
S921

Post by S921 »

dr-baker wrote:A great find (and I had second view of this video!). But why do they thank Martin Brundle at the start of this video clip?

Basically, he was explaining, briefly, how is to drive in Monaco. For a short time, they has shown a bit of a onboard lap with Schummi there, before to cut to Brundle and, then, report the news during the pq. That's it. :)
"The car was a recklessness. Andrea team mechanics came in and out the circuit aboard a van seeking workshops that could yield parts or looking for spares, like a cable, a valve or a spring." - Flavio Gomes about Andrea Moda
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

S921 wrote:
dr-baker wrote:A great find (and I had second view of this video!). But why do they thank Martin Brundle at the start of this video clip?

Basically, he was explaining, briefly, how is to drive in Monaco. For a short time, they has shown a bit of a onboard lap with Schummi there, before to cut to Brundle and, then, report the news during the pq. That's it. :)

Cool! Thanks.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Enforcer
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Enforcer »

It's such a nice looking car...
ibsey

Post by ibsey »

Great find indeed. Well done S921.

I loved how Perry Mccarthy's car needed to be pushed started by a marshal at the start of pre qualifying. Tells you all you need to know about the car. :lol:
Coming January 2019 a new F1 book revisiting 1994.

Pre order it here; www.performancepublishing.co.uk/1994-th ... eason.html

The book's website; www.1994f1.com/
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Just out of curiosity - had McCarthy qualified by his push-start, would he be DSQed? Is the 'no push-start' rule applies during race only? :?
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Great footage !
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
f1-gast

Post by f1-gast »

Here more Andrea Moda
http://youtu.be/bsAp7t-L6Qw
==ROBIN FRIJNS FOR SAUBER IN 2014==
Founder of unracedf1.com and a formula 1 fan since 1994 :) !
http://www.facebook.com/UnracedF1
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Wasnt Sassetti looking a little pleased.

Also I dont think Roberto Moreno has aged. Only his hairs gone a little grey, but thats it!
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!