090924 Italian GP Edition

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Kuwashima
F1 Rejects Founder

090924 Italian GP Edition

Post by Kuwashima »

G'day all,

Sorry for the recent downtime. Our hosts Crosswinds have been doing some maintenance which has seen the site off the air for a bit.

But we're back with a new podcast just in time for Singapore and the anniversary of Nelson Piquet Jr throwing it into the wall intentionally. We do, of course, cover crashgate in detail, and talk about what the spectre of a race-fix means for the integrity of F1 history...

Plus, we cover Italy, the new team slots in F1 for Lotus and perhaps BMW, and much much more.

Enjoy it. Or at least put up with it.

Jamie.
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 090924 Italian GP Edition

Post by SuperAguri »

I was beginning to think some French hackers were pulling the site down as they are pissed at F1 Rejects for suggesting the conspiracy theory of Renault pressing the self detonation button on Piquets car. Remember don't piss off the Americans when USF1 do badly, although we may not see any fans I am sure there will be one, probably around lake oswego who will hack the site to change Michael Andrettis profile so it seems that F1 Rejects love him and it's all Ron Dennises fault that he did so badly.

Thanks for the podcast, now I have a good reason to go for a long long jog tomorrow morning and yes I will enjoy it *(mostly).
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
thehemogoblin

Post by thehemogoblin »

SuperAguri wrote:I was beginning to think some French hackers were pulling the site down as they are pissed at F1 Rejects for suggesting the conspiracy theory of Renault pressing the self detonation button on Piquets car. Remember don't piss off the Americans when USF1 do badly, although we may not see any fans I am sure there will be one, probably around lake oswego who will hack the site to change Michael Andrettis profile so it seems that F1 Rejects love him and it's all Ron Dennises fault that he did so badly.

Thanks for the podcast, now I have a good reason to go for a long long jog tomorrow morning and yes I will enjoy it *(mostly).

You know, there's a really awesome derogatory term that refers to Lake Oswego's lack of minorities...
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by shinji »

That podcast was full of win.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Imrryr

Post by Imrryr »

A stellar podcast, as usual! But I gotta say, when you reviewed the action at Monza you failed to make any mention of Toro Rosso's two anonymous drivers. Might we have discovered a fate that is actually worse than being labelled "Reject of the Race"? I mean, say what you will about Kovalainen, but at least he excelled at something! :D
Ross Prawn

Post by Ross Prawn »

Thanks guys.
"Other than the car behind and the driver who might get a bit startled with the sudden explosion in front, it really isn't a major safety issue from that point of view,"
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

A nice one, but I do agree with Imrryr, the Toro Rosso's could use extra few words in it. Because otherwise, no one would even notice that they actually exist..
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Another brilliant podcast!
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
Bert

Post by Bert »

Fantastic 'cast! Besides being extremely topical it also evoked endearing memories of the recent "'gates" and it cast a spotlight on past truths. Truths that could only be witnessed by those of use who have two feet, and only two feet, firmly planted on the ground and heads held high, held very high!

I side with Jamie in his non litigious view of events and interpretations of descriptions of events. If a man has but one hair, surely he is not bald, right? In 2002 Was Schumacher "sure" of winning after Rubens made way? Perhaps, if Rubens had pulled over sooner Michael may have fallen asleep, like the rest of us, and crashed. Prost-Senna-Senna-Prost, tit-for-tat all things balance out?

My question, Max still has three or four weeks left.... Who is next? Who?

For all of you with 80 or so minutes to waste, go listen to the audio recording of the proceedings and the decision. It is interesting, not for the discussion and the outcome, but for the subtext that can clearly be heard and understood.
You break it, I fix it, or vice-versa.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

Downloading it now, glad you guys have sorted the other stuff in order to settle down and do it. Thank you!
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Waris

Post by Waris »

lostpin wrote:A nice one, but I do agree with Imrryr, the Toro Rosso's could use extra few words in it. Because otherwise, no one would even notice that they actually exist..

Just like in the old days! Finally, the team goes back to ways worthy of Minardi. :lol:
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dresda

Post by dresda »

Great podcast and I particularly enjoyed the spirited discussion on 'Spygate' and whether or not it was race-fixing. After hearing the arguments I have to concur with the site author, Enoch, that there was no guarantee that Alonso was going to win. It was a tactical cheat rather than a sure thing. So I feel better now that Fernando is keeping his win for that race.

Thanks for the excellent discussion!
'08 BMW F650GS (Jutta), '01 Suzuku DR650, '03 VW Golf TDI (Teddy)
Bert

Post by Bert »

Certainly there was no way that Alonso would be guaranteed the win, but I think that moving him up to the front of the queue, from 15th (I think), certainly shows the intent.

If I rob a bank, then return the money (willingly), will all charges be dropped?

I am starting to think that this was all some sort of elaborate setup, in which Alonso would be given and 'out' from his contract (due to disreputable actions of the team, or due to the team closing all-together), so that he could get over to the Scuderia this year. I don't even know why I own chairs, much less how to use them!
You break it, I fix it, or vice-versa.
LukeB

Post by LukeB »

Not only full of win, full of mangaled pronunciation.
And Jamie is so right. Keep your fancy big-city lawyerin' technicallities outta this Enoch, tis cheating damnit! :x
Making up the numbers
hootie

Post by hootie »

much excellent podcast, guys

i have a suggestion for the next Singapore - Suzuka podcast
a musical suggestion,
local music from a local band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2dXR8umlzY
http://www.forcevomit.com/

the chorus alone is a tribute to the gritty drives by timo and alonso
hootie