1997 Lola For Sale!

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: 1997 Lola For Sale!

Post by Klon »

Well, of course that sounds stupid but if we were to paint over the Scuderia Ferrari logo and replace it with a certain other logo we would have ourselves a

LIFE PARTY VAN!

With Jaime Alguersuari's and Shizuka's music playing all night long!
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

Klon wrote:Well, of course that sounds stupid but if we were to paint over the Scuderia Ferrari logo and replace it with a certain other logo we would have ourselves a

LIFE PARTY VAN!

With Jaime Alguersuari's and Shizuka's music playing all night long!

Bolded area: you can't. If you buy that Ferrari coach, you MUST sign a agreement to PROTECT Ferrari trademark and NOT use it for commercial purposes. :o

What about this? (can't resist) :lol:
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Anyone got a PSV licence?
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
mario

Post by mario »

How about a slightly more affordable (albeit a little more beaten and worn) team bus? Somebody has listed an original Team Lotus motor home (possibly the very first motor home ever to have been used in F1 circles), which was used by the team from 1973 to 1978. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Player-T ... 2c5fd84245
Martin Brundle, on watching a replay of Grosjean spinning:
"The problem with Grosjean is that he want to take a look back at the corner he's just exited"
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

mario wrote:How about a slightly more affordable (albeit a little more beaten and worn) team bus? Somebody has listed an original Team Lotus motor home (possibly the very first motor home ever to have been used in F1 circles), which was used by the team from 1973 to 1978. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Player-T ... 2c5fd84245

Already posted by FMecha
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
Ferrim

Post by Ferrim »

I've just seen the pictures of the Lolas and I was surprised by the dates on the pics, particularly the second one. I thought the T97/30 was never raced again after the Australian fiasco; now I've been surfing the net and found out it was tested at Silverstone before the team folded. Had no idea!

BTW, while I searched for that I came through this gem for reject lovers: http://books.google.es/books?id=gjnG3j5 ... &q&f=false
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Ferrim wrote:
BTW, while I searched for that I came through this gem for reject lovers: http://books.google.es/books?id=gjnG3j5 ... &q&f=false

Definitely got to have one of those, great spot! Amazon have it at £12.98 (+). :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_nos ... &x=22&y=16
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

eagleash wrote:
Ferrim wrote:

Definitely got to have one of those, great spot! Amazon have it at £12.98 (+). :)

Saw that book in Waterstone's a few years ago. Don't know why I haven't bought it yet...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

mario wrote:How about a slightly more affordable (albeit a little more beaten and worn) team bus? Somebody has listed an original Team Lotus motor home (possibly the very first motor home ever to have been used in F1 circles), which was used by the team from 1973 to 1978. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/John-Player-T ... 2c5fd84245

£34,500 sale price... and probably another £34,500 per year in fuel at the current prices and with the MPG that machine will do!

Well, maybe not that much, but it's bound to be expensive. Just a quick search for info on Travcos threw up this account of restoring a 1974 model which is damn near identical to the 1973 model once used by Lotus, except that it has the larger 7.2-litre engine. It quotes a figure of seven miles to the gallon - US, obviously, which translates to 8.4 mpg Imperial. Taking (for the sake of argument) a conservative figure of 8 mpg Imperial for the 1973 Lotus motorhome, and with unleaded at my local Sainsbury's running at £1.299 per litre (= £5.905 per Imperial gallon), that's 73.8p per mile. I will now compare my diesel Civic, which is a mere four years old and returns 50 mpg without even breaking sweat; with diesel at £1.359 per litre, leaving out the full working, it works out at 12.4p per mile.

Calling all team bosses who are short of a motorhome: if you're reading, and want a vehicle painted in black to trek around the continent for hospitality purposes, I'll do it - just bring a very large tent. I'll get there faster than the old 1973 Lotus motorhome, it'll cost a lot less, and I've even got a 1 kW generator I can bring with me.
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BARN-FIND-ALU ... _500wt_949

Another eBay find; anyone identify it? Looks Matra like to me but it's not supposed to be F1.

Lotus 56?
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

eagleash wrote:
Ferrim wrote:

Just seen this, that book looks great! That'll be going on the xmas list I think! :D
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

1974 Lauda Ferrari for sale.... (supposedly).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niki-Lau ... 45ff2bd18c
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

eagleash wrote:1974 Lauda Ferrari for sale.... (supposedly).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Niki-Lau ... 45ff2bd18c

Didn't sell, unsurprisingly.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

AndreaModa wrote:
eagleash wrote:
Ferrim wrote:

Just seen this, that book looks great! That'll be going on the xmas list I think! :D

I hope you haven't bought this, because it's not very good. I've got it. The text is basically rewording of things you can find online and none of the photos are new. Very disappointing.
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

Faustus wrote:I hope you haven't bought this, because it's not very good. I've got it. The text is basically rewording of things you can find online and none of the photos are new. Very disappointing.

I got it out of my town library a few times. Not very interesting :o , and few annectdotes. I was hoping to find out more about the ill-fated MP4-18.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Faustus wrote:I hope you haven't bought this, because it's not very good. I've got it. The text is basically rewording of things you can find online and none of the photos are new. Very disappointing.

Disappointing even though you have those cars into one volume?
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

dr-baker wrote:

Disappointing even though you have those cars into one volume?

I expected more than just text and photos that are easily retrievable from the net. Maybe I expected too much, I don't know, but I was disappointed with it.
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Another Ebay find (via Scarbs F1)

Some rejectful (Bernoldi) Arrows data/tech. info

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERY-RARE-ARR ... 1858wt_932
S951

Post by S951 »

Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

I placed a bid on that Arrows data folder, when it showed up first. I offered 70 quid for it...and the reserve price wasn't reached! He then put it at a fixed price, which is way to high for what it's worth!

Here is the project for the Mastercard Lola, inhouse engine for sale...

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/40793/v10_3_0lt_formula_1_engine_designed_for_lola_by_mcd.html
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Here is the project for the Mastercard Lola, inhouse engine for sale...

http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/40793/v10_3_0lt_formula_1_engine_designed_for_lola_by_mcd.html

It would be nice if their website would actually load :roll:
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
S951

Post by S951 »

wow 830bhp back in 1997 that would of been up there in terms of power wouldnt it?
Luca Badoer we miss you appreciation group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/187177268036270/
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

Just checked and the 1997 Renault had 750hp and the 1997 Hart had 630hp...

So I recon the "guestimated" the 830hp....!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

You know what would be hilarious? If some rich guy bought both the Lola T97/30 and the MCD V10, finished building the latter, put it in the Lola, and then creamed the entire field in Historic F1 races :lol:

Image Image
Monstrobolaxa

Post by Monstrobolaxa »

If you look carefully at the 3rd picture, the cam cover has the Volvo F1 logo on it!

They either were involved with the project, or the designers tried selling it to Volvo!
RonDenisDeletraz

Post by RonDenisDeletraz »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:If you look carefully at the 3rd picture, the cam cover has the Volvo F1 logo on it!

They either were involved with the project, or the designers tried selling it to Volvo!

No wonder it had the aerodynamics of an old Volvo 240
aerond wrote:Yes RDD, but we always knew you never had any sort of taste either :P

tommykl wrote:I have a shite car and meme sponsors, but Corrado Fabi will carry me to the promised land with the power of Lionel Richie.
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

Monstrobolaxa wrote:Just checked and the 1997 Renault had 750hp and the 1997 Hart had 630hp...

I think someone has mistaken the V8 for the last of the Cosworth V10s, which did have that much power. Apparently Cosworth can still supply 2005-spec engines with 900 bhp.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

Faustus wrote:
Monstrobolaxa wrote:Just checked and the 1997 Renault had 750hp and the 1997 Hart had 630hp...

Apparently Cosworth can still supply 2005-spec engines with 900 bhp.

OK, Really stupid question here, but can anyone order one? I mean if I hit Powerball, can I get one a show car project (despite how completely useless one would be in a street car). For a few million more can I get a "Brasil Banzai Special" that Williams ran in 2005 with 920bhp and reving to 21k?
Professional Historian/Retired Drag Racer/Whiskey Enthusiast

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

Wallio wrote:
Faustus wrote:

Apparently Cosworth can still supply 2005-spec engines with 900 bhp.

OK, Really stupid question here, but can anyone order one? I mean if I hit Powerball, can I get one a show car project (despite how completely useless one would be in a street car). For a few million more can I get a "Brasil Banzai Special" that Williams ran in 2005 with 920bhp and reving to 21k?

Mate, try getting on of the Honda V10 "Suzuka Specials". The ones from 2005 in particular was knocking on the door of 1000bhp.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

If I hit lotto, ill put one in an S2000..... :shock:

"He makes the move on the outside, and knowing George as we do, he's probably on the radio right now telling the team how great he is." - James Hinchcliffe on George Russell
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Wallio wrote:If I hit lotto, ill put one in an S2000..... :shock:

I daresay that would be one helluva S2000. Would the body architecture actually be able to withstand that much power? For sure you'd have to get racing specification drivetrain components. And it would be one of the most monstrous of its kind.
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
Myrvold

Post by Myrvold »

If i'd win in lotto, I'd just spend my money around to be known as a person that gets into every single GP.
Maybe pay the norwegian TV-channel that broadcasts F1 to send me down as a reporter! :P
tzerof1

Post by tzerof1 »

Myrvold wrote:If i'd win in lotto, I'd just spend my money around to be known as a person that gets into every single GP.
Maybe pay the norwegian TV-channel that broadcasts F1 to send me down as a reporter! :P

If I remember correctly on the F1 Rejects twitter feed, there was a tweet some time ago that said Sakon Yamamoto did the same thing pretty much. It said something like "If you don't have a television, adopt the Sakon Yamamoto approach. Give a team half a million quid and attend every race." :lol: I daresay being a reporter could be quite interesting as well though...
"If you don't like it, overtake or f**k off!"- Niki Lauda responding to complaints of his Brabham BT46 'fan car" throwing debris in drivers' faces.
Wallio
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Wallio »

tzerof1 wrote:
Wallio wrote:If I hit lotto, ill put one in an S2000..... :shock:

I daresay that would be one helluva S2000. Would the body architecture actually be able to withstand that much power? For sure you'd have to get racing specification drivetrain components. And it would be one of the most monstrous of its kind.

Short answer, no not at all. It would be completely useless on the street, as F1 motors require whole teams of mechanics just to start the bloody things, and it would overheat nearly instantously in the engine bay, it also would more than likely be junk after one trip to the shops (since it was a one-race "special" spec engine). It'd be a trailer queen, but can you imagine how it would look?

David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Not a real reject car, but it sort of a rejects car for that team, but not as bad as the next two years in hindsight.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FERRARI-FORM ... 256fd2f83f

The seller looks legit too. Wouldnt mind that in the garage. Convert to Australian dollar, $940k.

Mite buy a lotto ticket. Bringin it here will cost a bii though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Faustus »

David AGS wrote:Not a real reject car, but it sort of a rejects car for that team, but not as bad as the next two years in hindsight.

The seller looks legit too. Wouldnt mind that in the garage. Convert to Australian dollar, $940k.

Mite buy a lotto ticket. Bringin it here will cost a bii though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Complete with engine! Wow!
It wouldn't be that ridiculously expensive to send to Australia, you know. If you were to send it in a container by boat, with the spares, securely restrained and with LOTS of padding, it wouldn't weigh much more than a couple of metric tons. At work we ship stuff to Australia every so often and you basically pay for the container, regardless of weight (well, up to the container's maximum weight). We send a container full of engineering parts, weighing about 12 tons, for about £8000. That's business rates, and I don't think non-business rates would be much higher.
Last edited by Faustus on 01 May 2012, 09:18, edited 1 time in total.
Shadaza

Post by Shadaza »

David AGS wrote:Not a real reject car, but it sort of a rejects car for that team, but not as bad as the next two years in hindsight.

Read the description, What do you mean it's not road legal! :lol:
Message me on Discord.
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Image Image
Sublime_FA11C

Post by Sublime_FA11C »

oh man, i want that car soo bad! 91 is probably my favourite F1 season too...
Leyton House wrote:Sauber - found out painting your car like an HRT will make it go like one.
David AGS

Post by David AGS »

Im quotin myself!

No BS. I went in to work, lady sayin we running a lotto for tonights big one. Are you interested?

Highly unlikely but you never know! :lol: :lol: :lol: The odds will b like HRT gettin the drivers and constructors championship this year
Miserable Thierry (Boutsen) staggers round mostly on ten cylinders (out of 12) with no clutch, low oil pressure, bad brakes and no grip to finish tenth, 3 laps down...

(Murray Walkers review of Boutsen's Brazil 1991 race).

Thats a point these days!