Provisional 2009 Reject of the Year

The place for discussion of all aspects of the gprejects.com website
Yannick

Re: Provisional 2009 Reject of the Year

Post by Yannick »

The failure of the 2 BMW engines in qualifying for Monza looks like BMW fighting back at Piquet and "crashgate" for the top spot in this years f1rejects honours.
"I don't think we should be used to finance (the manufacturers') R&D because they will produce that engine anyway" said Monisha Kaltenborn.
"You will never see a Mercedes using a Ferrari engine or the other way round."
muttley

Post by muttley »

Piquet Jr. hands down. Insufferable and arrogant, rubbish at driving and a cheater.
RejectSteve

Post by RejectSteve »

muttley wrote:Piquet Jr. hands down. Insufferable and arrogant, rubbish at driving and a cheater.

If you're going to cheat, at least win. But that was 2008, so that shouldn't affect his 2009 Reject of the Year chances which are quite good to begin with. FOTA breakaway threats should have a look in.
Nissanymania! Friday has never been the same since.

The car in front is a Stefan.
muttley

Post by muttley »

RejectSteve wrote:
muttley wrote:Piquet Jr. hands down. Insufferable and arrogant, rubbish at driving and a cheater.

If you're going to cheat, at least win. But that was 2008, so that shouldn't affect his 2009 Reject of the Year chances which are quite good to begin with. FOTA breakaway threats should have a look in.

I'd say "If you're going to cheat and nobody finds out, STFU!".

His belated whistle-blowing to exact revenge on the whole Renault team is despicable.
Ok, he had problems with Flav, that's for sure. But, didn't he have any friends at Renault? Not even a mechanic, a race engineer? If Renault gets barred from racing or has to pull out to limit the PR damage, lots of people at Enstone will lose their jobs. Didn't he think about them?
Frentzen127

Post by Frentzen127 »

muttley wrote:Didn't he think about them?

Do you think he did?
More to the point, does he think about anybody else* other than himself? ;)

*and dad
DEPORTIVO CA... pfft hahaha can't say that with a straight face!
Misses Minardi dearly. :(
Waris

Post by Waris »

This could be one of the closest years ever in terms of deciding RotY.
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
Tealy

Post by Tealy »

Many Blue Flags wrote:Everyone here is missing the blindingly obvious. I know all the previous ROTYs have been the actual drivers, but nobody can really say that someone who's constantly been stupid and bigheaded all year with no redeeming features (Bourdais had that race in Monaco beating Fisi, Piquet had that spar with Hamilton remember) is none other than Flavio Briatore.

He was the guy who led FOTA against the FIA, dragging out the war. He was the one who whined about the Double Deck Diffusers at all times, about KERS, who thinks F1 should be just some sort of light-embellished circuit for raking in money rather than an interesting sport with technological advancements. He's been like this for some time true, but I've pretty much had it with him in my own opinion. Give him the Year's award, and then drop something heavy on him if you can.

What a call.

With what has happened now he (or possibly the crash gate scandal itself) is the reject of 2009.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

ROTY: off-track action.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Winterspring

Post by Winterspring »

It has to be in off-track politics without a doubt.
lostpin

Post by lostpin »

It's gotta be this Renault spy-thing. And everyone involved in it. All these spygates make F1 kinda fun... but for all the wrong reasons... :D
An animator that happens to love racing... :)
http://lostpin.net
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

kostas22 wrote:My Provisional ROTY Podium:
1st) Renault (because it effectively covers Nelson Piquet Jr. being sh*t, Flav's constant whining and Vettel's constant engine failures)
2nd) Donnington Park (for turning out to be a typical British construction project - very late. British GP in the Millenium Stadium Car Park anyone?)
3rd) Toyota (for going from locking out the front row in Bahrain Quali to locking out the back row in Monaco 2 races later, and having pretty much stayed there since.)

Current points scorers:
SEBASTIEN BOURDAIS for being crap.
BMW SAUBER for their generally rubbish season.
MAX MOSELY for once again treating F1 as his plaything and messing around with everybody. Dumbass.
LUCA BADOER for already being a Reject.
MCLAREN for Melbournegate and forgetting to get tyres for Hamilton's 2nd stop at Valencia.

Renault just sealed first place, with 4 races still left!
The Max Mosely nomination has morphed into the FIA in general, and sneaked a podium.
And Toyota, as usual just can't win. Second place is as good as it will ever get for them...
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
Henrique

Post by Henrique »

Flavio Briatore is a strong contender for a place in the podium. From a sucessful F1 manager to banned from F1 for life :P
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

captainhappy wrote:For the podium, I'd like to nominate everyone and/or entity who gave up on KERS after a half sack of races. It is destined to become a dominant technology by the end of this year. Given the same regulations next year, Mclaren would be untouchable. The refuelling ban could make it a serious trump card.

At least that means Williams don't count as I heard they're planning to use KERS.

Right now, the leading runner has to be Renault for many reasons, for a god awful car, the whole Renault-gate saga, and producing shite engines that are costing Vettel a realistic chance at winning the title.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

redbulljack14 wrote:[...] shite engines that are costing Vettel a realistic chance at winning the title.

Really?
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

CarlosFerreira wrote:
redbulljack14 wrote:[...] shite engines that are costing Vettel a realistic chance at winning the title.

Really?

He has had a potential of 30pts lost due to blown motors. Ok, so he wouldn't have won all 3, but he would have had a solid haul of points.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

kostas22 wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

Really?

He has had a potential of 30pts lost due to blown motors. Ok, so he wouldn't have won all 3, but he would have had a solid haul of points.

Don't forget the many glaring incidents he has gotten himself in as well (Australia and Monaco instantly spring to mind)
In fact I'm going to stick my head out and nominate Red Bull for ROTY simply because they have lost way too many points this season.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
CarlosFerreira

Post by CarlosFerreira »

kostas22 wrote:
CarlosFerreira wrote:

Really?

My point is it's not the blowing up engines. It hasn't been happening in Renault. The issue seems to be the installation, something Adrian Newey has been accused of before.
Stay home, Colin Kolles!
Pacifics only fan

Post by Pacifics only fan »

What about the green stripes on the tyres? That was supposed to have been part of some environmental initiative, yet everyone seems to have completely forgotten!