Another victory for Alex Zanardi

The place for respectful and reverent discussion of Reject drivers and teams, whether profiled or not as yet
muttley

Another victory for Alex Zanardi

Post by muttley »

Last Sunday he won the Venice Marathon! :shock:

http://www.alex-zanardi.com

He said he wants to compete at the next Paralympics, and I have no doubt he'll make it. Is there anything he can't do?
shinji
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Another victory for Alex Zanardi

Post by shinji »

muttley wrote:Is there anything he can't do?

Score more than one F1 point.
Better than 'Tour in a suit case' Takagi.
Valrys

Post by Valrys »

shinji wrote:

I wouldn't put anything past him at this point.

Zanardi for the second Mclaren seat in 2010? :lol:
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

Valrys wrote:
shinji wrote:

Yeah...when F1 2010 comes out for PS3.
Alianora La Canta

Post by Alianora La Canta »

Congratulations! At this rate Alex's next problem will be figuring out which sporting discipline's Olympics invite he wishes to accept.
minrdi

Post by minrdi »

Good on Alex, the guy is a dead-set legend!
"The advantage of jumping the start is that you can get away a lot quicker." - Murray Walker

Editor, Richard's F1
Visit my F1 website at http://richardsf1.com
Exclusive news, reviews and interviews for F1, IndyCar, V8 Supercars and the WTCC
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

Zanardi confirmed for Williams drive - who needs Räikkönen, if anyone can take them back to the top, it's Zanardi.
nome66

Post by nome66 »

Valrys wrote:
shinji wrote:

i have actually designed a hand control setup for an f1 car. bare in mind it was on a notecard and i was bored.
I believe in German BARawnda-Tyrrell-Simca(and it's working)

the only difference between the roman gladiators and racing drivers is that racing drivers sit inside the lion that is trying to kill them.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Alex never ceases to amaze me.
What if he wins the Paraolympics?
Comeback to racing, I hope :D
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Pointrox wrote:Alex never ceases to amaze me.

I've got tickets to the finals of the Road Cycling at the London Paraympics! It's being held at Brands Hatch!
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

If there ever is a fifth memorial forum on this site, it has to be named after Zanardi, he may be an F1 reject, but he is a true hero in the eyes of me, and I assume everyone else sees him as a hero.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:If there ever is a fifth memorial forum on this site, it has to be named after Zanardi, he may be an F1 reject, but he is a true hero in the eyes of me, and I assume everyone else sees him as a hero.

Jamie and Enoch wrote:Many drivers are universally admired for their sublime racing skills. Far fewer are actually universally liked as a person. Far fewer still are admired and liked the world over for qualities that transcend their achievements on the track, qualities like humanity, honesty, determination. Undoubtedly, Alessandro Leone Zanardi is one of them. As the great Mario Andretti once said: "You want to talk about champions; Alex Zanardi, now there's a real champion."
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

redbulljack14 wrote:If there ever is a fifth memorial forum on this site, it has to be named after Zanardi, he may be an F1 reject, but he is a true hero in the eyes of me, and I assume everyone else sees him as a hero.

And I think you are right in assuming that. He is a true hero. A real role model for every one.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dr-baker wrote:

I've got tickets to the finals of the Road Cycling at the London Paraympics! It's being held at Brands Hatch!

DanielPT wrote:

And I think you are right in assuming that. He is a true hero. A real role model for every one.

Well, I applied for tickets for that event in the hope that I might see Zanardi there.
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
IdeFan

Post by IdeFan »

Nice to see, with this and his WTCC heroics he is becoming a truly inspirational figure, a Paralympic medal would be the icing on the cake.

In what category? The marathon has surely proven his endurance, so my vote would be an assault on Le Mans! He has BMW connections and they have a GT2 programme....

...might be hard to find other drivers who can adapt to his hand controls though...
"Well we've got this ridiculous situation where we're all sitting by the start-finish line waiting for a winner to come past and we don't seem to be getting one!" - James Hunt, Monaco 1982
cretoxyrhina

Post by cretoxyrhina »

IdeFan wrote:Nice to see, with this and his WTCC heroics he is becoming a truly inspirational figure, a Paralympic medal would be the icing on the cake.

In what category? The marathon has surely proven his endurance, so my vote would be an assault on Le Mans! He has BMW connections and they have a GT2 programme....

...might be hard to find other drivers who can adapt to his hand controls though...

Jason Watt?
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

IdeFan wrote:...might be hard to find other drivers who can adapt to his hand controls though...

I'm sure any team with lots of money behind them could figure out a dual-control system, hand-operated for Alex, standard pedals for the other two.

Failing that... I wonder what Wayne Rainey is doing these days? Just a thought...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

cretoxyrhina wrote:
IdeFan wrote:Nice to see, with this and his WTCC heroics he is becoming a truly inspirational figure, a Paralympic medal would be the icing on the cake.

Jason Watt?

Imagine having Jason Watt, Cristiano da Matta and Alessandro Zanardi together in the same car at Le Mans!

The entry would read "Watt/da Matta/Zanardi"...???
MCard LOLA
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

dr-baker wrote:The entry would read "Watt/da Matta/Zanardi"...???

Gotta/Norespect/Zanardi!
Watt/U. Thinkyoudoo/Zanardi!
Y.U. Look/Sosad/Zanardi!

(I'll get me coat before the inevitable final line...)
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
DemocalypseNow

Post by DemocalypseNow »

Zanardi wins Paralympic Gold at London.
Pavarotti's Nessun Dorma is spliced over it and uploaded to YouTube.
There is not a dry eye left on the internet.
Novitopoli wrote:Everytime someone orders at Pizza Hut, an Italian dies.
Novitopoli wrote:Juve's Triplete: Calciopoli, doping & Mafia connections.

Image Image
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

kostas22 wrote:Zanardi wins Paralympic Gold at London.

...but will you remember to slow the video right down and sync that bit with Pav hitting his high note as Alex sails over the line?

I'll be willing him to win just to make this video a reality. It will be magnificent.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

dinizintheoven wrote:
kostas22 wrote:Zanardi wins Paralympic Gold at London.

...but will you remember to slow the video right down and sync that bit with Pav hitting his high note as Alex sails over the line?

I'll be willing him to win just to make this video a reality. It will be magnificent.

And I will be there!!! Make it so!

dinizintheoven wrote:
dr-baker wrote:The entry would read "Watt/da Matta/Zanardi"...???

Gotta/Norespect/Zanardi!
Watt/U. Thinkyoudoo/Zanardi!
Y.U. Look/Sosad/Zanardi!

(I'll get me coat before the inevitable final line...)

Ah, shaddup-a your face! ;) :lol:
MCard LOLA