The place for speaking your mind on current goings-on in F1
Faustus
Site Donor
Site Donor

Re: Your Reject of the Race - Monza!

Post by Faustus »

Between Webber and Sauber.
Following Formula 1 since 1984.
Avid collector of Formula 1 season guides and reviews.
Collector of reject merchandise and 1/43rd scale reject model cars.
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Webber
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

3rd...Sauber. Double retirement with mechanical issue is rare nowadays, and very costly this time for Sauber.

2nd...Mark Webber. Only 5th in qualifying and then collision with Massa, destroying his front wing and that caused the race-ending accident.

1st...Vitantonio Liuzzi. Home race, last-placed in the grid (for the first time this year) and then takes out himself and two others at the first corner.
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Bleu wrote:3rd...Sauber. Double retirement with mechanical issue is rare nowadays, and very costly this time for Sauber.

2nd...Mark Webber. Only 5th in qualifying and then collision with Massa, destroying his front wing and that caused the race-ending accident.

1st...Vitantonio Liuzzi. Home race, last-placed in the grid (for the first time this year) and then takes out himself and two others at the first corner.

Completely agreed. I make those my three nominations, in that exact same order, for the exact same reasons.
LionZoo

Post by LionZoo »

Gotta give it to Webber for taking himself out in a way that could totally have been avoided if he had had a few working braincells on his drive back to the pits. Especially so because with the Red Bull, he should have recovered to take some decent points.
Nessafox
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Nessafox »

i'm going for the obvious, Vitantonio, because it was way too clumsy to not get ROTR
(but webber deserved it very much too)
I don't know what i want and i want it now!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Tonio Liuzzi is way too obvious, so my other nomination to balance it is...
Sauber for double retirement - even the most tyre-saving car with a good driver (Perez) won't help you when mechanical failure kicks in.
The Mountain Man

Post by The Mountain Man »

Mark Webber. I could be more generous but his teammate literally minced the opposition over the weekend while he went nowhere and fast.

Vitantonio Liuzzi. Caused an old fashioned pile up at race start. It won't win him any friends.

But the winner would be... Sauber. Not just for this race. They had a very promising season start, then things quickly started to go downhill. They are managing to make their good drivers look silly. As a Kobayashi fan I am very crossed with them. That's why they are ROTR. :evil:
James1978

Post by James1978 »

Mark Webber. Not good for a number 2 driver. And also becuase I have a bet with a friend who'll finish highest in the standings at the end of the season, he has Button and I have Webber. (We both agreed we couldn't pick Vettel as defending champion, and he got first choice after flipping a coin). Vettel is taking him to the cleaners.

An honourable first mention of the thread to Schumacher for all his "2 moves" blocking of Hamilton, thought it wasn't quite as bad as what he did on Rubens in Hungary last year!
"Poor old Warwick takes it from behind all throughout this season". :) (Tony Jardine, 1988)
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

The Mountain Man wrote:But the winner would be... Sauber. Not just for this race. They had a very promising season start, then things quickly started to go downhill. They are managing to make their good drivers look silly. As a Kobayashi fan I am very crossed with them. That's why they are ROTR. :evil:

Sauber's 2011 season appears to be the reverse of last season, where they improved dramatically after a dreadful start to the season. This time, they've started brilliantly, but are now faltering.

Although both Sauber and Webber have very good cases for ROTR, they were beaten to a pulp by Liuzzi. If it were not for D'Ambrosio's spin in the pitlane in Hungary, that pile-up would be the single most rejectworthy moment in F1 since Canada 2008!
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

East Londoner wrote:Sauber's 2011 season appears to be the reverse of last season, where they improved dramatically after a dreadful start to the season. This time, they've started brilliantly, but are now faltering.

Force India have also had the reverse of 2010, this season, they've started anonymously, although not as bad as they ended 2010. And they're currently 5th best team.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Barbazza

Post by Barbazza »

I think we know who's going to get the nominations this time, though I have to say that Williams showed their general rejectworthy status yet again by somehow failing to get points in a race where only 12 drivers in the so-called top teams actually finished! If you can't take your chances when everyone else is screwing up...

2nd - Webber : That was just very, very silly.

1st - Liuzzi : Genius reject driving. Hey Tonio, you know on an F1 computer game where you can make a brilliant start, weave all over the place, overtake loads of cars, cut the corner and get away with it? Well, real F1 doesn't work like that.
Cynon

Post by Cynon »

Liuzzi for not having enough common sense to back off the throttle while being blocked by a SLowtus. At the very least he would then have spun and it wouldn't have been his fault. For chucking a Cristiano da Matta, Liuzzi should be reprimanded somehow. Maybe a one race ban so that HRT sticks another pay driver in there! :D

Williams - Please sign more pay drivers and continue to be slow as hell, then I might actually like you. :D

Webber - Dumb.
Check out the TM Master Cup Series on Youtube...
...or check out my random retro IndyCar clips.

Dr. Helmut Marko wrote: Finally we have an Australian in the team who can start a race well and challenge Vettel.
Pepsibottle1

Post by Pepsibottle1 »

This is a no-brainer. Luizzi wins reject by a country mile, way to Leeroy Jenkins the field and cause the proverbial track blocking pileup on the first turn.

Sauber's Gearboxes for honorable mention.
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Webber is pretty high up on my list.

Sauber Gearboxes when I think about it. How about Hamiltons inability to get past Schumi then when Button has a go he flies by and subsequently pulls away?

Ricciardo on the grid? Or Maldonado during quali (Unless that doesnt count)
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
stupot94

Post by stupot94 »

Bleu wrote:Sauber. Double retirement with mechanical issue is rare nowadays, and very costly this time for Sauber.

Reminds me of Arrows in 98. Cant remember the race but it was when they were about 20m from each other down the pit straight and both engines exploded simultaneously. I bet Peter Sauber felt like Tom Walkinshaw then :)
Say your prayers, here comes the Pastor
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

I'm not going to change my vote, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maldonado. He was 7th in the early stages, but the only time we saw him was when he was being overtaken. Had a fantastic chance to score points, and blew it again.

I thought Williams wold never stoop as low as getting a pay driver. He is simply not good enough for F1.
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Salamander

Post by Salamander »

AdrianSutil wrote:I'm not going to change my vote, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maldonado. He was 7th in the early stages, but the only time we saw him was when he was being overtaken. Had a fantastic chance to score points, and blew it again.

He does this every other race, it seems. He has some qualifying ability, but not much else. Maldonado is the poor man's Jarno Trulli.
Sebastian Vettel wrote:If I was good at losing I wouldn't be in Formula 1.
Everything's great.
I'm not surprised about anything.
golic_2004

Post by golic_2004 »

I'd give it to Sauber. Two mechanical retirements and both were in the top 10 in one of the practices.
Williams in the last few years http://imgur.com/sNFFMYF
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:
AdrianSutil wrote:I'm not going to change my vote, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maldonado. He was 7th in the early stages, but the only time we saw him was when he was being overtaken. Had a fantastic chance to score points, and blew it again.

He does this every other race, it seems. He has some qualifying ability, but not much else. Maldonado is the rich man's Jarno Trulli.

Let us not forget why he was there in the first place.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
pablo_h

Post by pablo_h »

Like many others said:
3. Webber
2. Sauber
1. Luizzi
Peter

Post by Peter »

Come on guys, it really wasn't so much Tonio's fault. Yes, he took a few people out, and ruined the races of a few others, but he was squezed a lot into turn 1, and was bumped by the Sauber into the big shark fin, not fishtail, that caused the wreck.

Hell, I wouldn't even blame Webber so much for his incident with Massa. He could've cut the corner, but chose not to, shouldn't he get a ribbon for begin a good boy for doing that? :lol:
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
razta

Post by razta »

Liuzzi - no question...
a shout for hamilton too, just cos it took him 21 laps to do what button did in 1 lap! :lol:
AdrianSutil

Post by AdrianSutil »

BlindCaveSalamander wrote:

He does this every other race, it seems. He has some qualifying ability, but not much else. Maldonado is the poor man's Jarno Trulli.

It's a shame Williams have fallen as badly as they have. Maldonado will almost certainly be there in 2012, purely because of money :(
RIP NAN - 26/12/2014
RIP DAD - 9/2/2015

Currently building a Subaru Impreza to compete in the 2016 MSV Trophy.
PremierInn spokesperson for Great Ormond Street Hospital
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

I'm going to say Daniel Riccardo - when was the last time someone stalled on the grid?
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
Jeroen Krautmeir

Post by Jeroen Krautmeir »

Captain Hammer wrote:I'm going to say Daniel Riccardo - when was the last time someone stalled on the grid?

That was what I thought as well. My immediate reaction was; "nobody stalls a modern F1 car!". :roll:

But I'm gonna give it to Webber.
Honourary Youngest Forum Member, Joint Mackem Of The Forum

"When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting".
muttley

Post by muttley »

Jeroen Krautmeir wrote:That was what I thought as well. My immediate reaction was; "nobody stalls a modern F1 car!". :roll:

Well, if you look at Webber's starts this season, it looks like Aussie drivers do :mrgreen:
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

I will say Liuzzi for RoTR with Webber my second nomination.
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
Ed24

Post by Ed24 »

I thought Williams wold never stoop as low as getting a pay driver. He is simply not good enough for F1.

Maldonado still comfortably beat Barrichello home (although Rubens was caught up in the first chicane melee), so I wouldn't say it was that bad a race for him. I think the Williams is just an awful car, and it wasn't surprising that he fell back behind the Toro Rossos and a Renault.
"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
-Abraham Lincoln
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

muttley wrote:Well, if you look at Webber's starts this season, it looks like Aussie drivers do :mrgreen:

According to Christian Horner, Vettel was within one hundred rpm of duplicating Webber's bad start in Belgium.
mario wrote:I'm wondering what the hell has been going on in this thread [...] it's turned into a bizarre detour into mythical flying horses and the sort of search engine results that CoopsII is going to have a very hard time explaining ...
eagleash

Post by eagleash »

Hamilton for taking so long to pass Michael &/or whoever possibly gave him the wrong set up &/or HAM again for being a bit too circumspect, knowing that if he tried anything overly aggressive on Schumi, he'd get it back 10 times over. :D (& Jensen made him look a bit silly!) & he dozed off at the safety car.

Liuzzi obviously..

Webber....
DemocalypseNow wrote: when eagleash of all people says you've gone too far about something you just know that's when to apply the brakes and do a U-turn.
DanielPT
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by DanielPT »

Captain Hammer wrote:
muttley wrote:Well, if you look at Webber's starts this season, it looks like Aussie drivers do :mrgreen:

According to Christian Horner, Vettel was within one hundred rpm of duplicating Webber's bad start in Belgium.

Horner: "Great news, Webber! Vettel almost stalled on the grid. He is human after all!"
Colin Kolles on F111, 2011 HRT challenger: The car doesn't look too bad; it looks like a modern F1 car.
dr-baker

Post by dr-baker »

Ed24 wrote:

Maldonado still comfortably beat Barrichello home (although Rubens was caught up in the first chicane melee), so I wouldn't say it was that bad a race for him. I think the Williams is just an awful car, and it wasn't surprising that he fell back behind the Toro Rossos and a Renault.

It was sadly mildly amusing trying to see Barrichello trying to get going again after that first corner mishap. The marshalls pulled the Williams back so he could drive around the other 'parked' cars, yet Rubens then got ther car beached on one of the chicane kerbs, and it took the marshalls some time to get him back off the kerbs and onto the race track again. All this probably cost him 3/4 of a lap...
watka wrote:I find it amusing that whilst you're one of the more openly Christian guys here, you are still first and foremost associated with an eye for the ladies!
dinizintheoven wrote:GOOD CHRISTIANS do not go to jail. EVERYONE ON FORMULA ONE REJECTS should be in jail.
MCard LOLA
Peter

Post by Peter »

How about ROTR for Australian Drivers in General? One loses his front wing in a very silly manner, and crashes because of the lack of said wing, in a very silly manner, and the other stalls on the grid, in a very silly manner. Such silliness!
"The FIA's implementation of penalties is about as effective as that of the English football team."
Captain Hammer

Post by Captain Hammer »

How about Rejectdom for the Jamaican drivers on the grid? Because there aren't any, bobsled!