Another wiki!

Archive for the three above subforums
tommykl

Another wiki!

Post by tommykl »

This time for alternate championships. Mainly to gather results in one place.

Here's what you can contribute:
-Championship winners
-Important records
-Full standings (if you're lazy, post a link)
-Championship descriptions
-Driver profiles

It's all here! http://f1alternate.shoutwiki.com/
Last edited by Salamander on 02 Apr 2014, 12:02, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Thread is now obsolete
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

Gonzo wrote:Wasn't there some sort of communisim in the East part of Germany?
Ferrim

Re: Another wiki!

Post by Ferrim »

Great idea!
Go home, Bernie Ecclestone!

"There will be no other victory this year, I can tell you, more welcomed than this one" Bob Varsha, 1995 Canadian GP

F1 Rejects Forums – going off-topic since 2009!
The Lukas

Post by The Lukas »

Very good idea, good luck.
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

Great idea indeed!
Here's my contribution :D
http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Mirko_Bosevic
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

OK, so the place is now very much up and running, so if you have or have had any drivers in series on the website, create his page, fill in details about, for example, his date and place of birth, how he got were he did,...

Also, some users who had drivers in the F1RWRS but don't anymore already have profiles for their drivers. I'm talking about Matt Classic (Adam Lewis), LucaPacchiarini (Luca Pacchiarini) and DanB (Dan BH).

Even if you don't have drivers, feel free to contribute in any way you like!

Also, could a moderator please sticky this topic?
kevinbotz wrote:Cantonese is a completely nonsensical f*cking alien language masquerading as some grossly bastardised form of Chinese

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

If I knew how to add a profile, Jack Christopherson would definitely be on it.
I like the way Snrub thinks!
Pointrox

Post by Pointrox »

redbulljack14 wrote:If I knew how to add a profile, Jack Christopherson would definitely be on it.

Just edit this page:
http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/Jack_Christopherson
If you want, I can help you with all the tables and stuff :)
FMecha

Post by FMecha »

The wiki name in various areas, such as project namespace is untidy. Should the project (wiki) name be F1Rejects Alternate Championship Database?

EDIT: I write the about page.
PSN ID: FMecha_EXE | FMecha on GT Sport
SuperAguri
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by SuperAguri »

Epic, will add in the various bits of data for my teams and drivers. Although who founded the Kahama team?
<@Ataxia> these people are making a mess of their crepe suzettes
Klon
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by Klon »

SuperAguri wrote:Epic, will add in the various bits of data for my teams and drivers. Although who founded the Kahama team?

The Kahama team was founded by Japanese entrepreneur <select your own forename> Kamaha, who went in well deserved retirement at the age of 65 after the end of the 2012 season.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

I started creating pages and logos for original teams and Pacchia (in absence of Luca). Check them out! Feedback is appreciated, as usual.

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

By the way, whoever edited my wiki, there isn't a Tyrrell 021, for the 1993 season, I used the 020C as rFactor doesn't have the 021.
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Fixed.

FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

tommykl wrote:Fixed.

Thank you, sorry for being fussy :D
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

redbulljack14 wrote:By the way, whoever edited my wiki, there isn't a Tyrrell 021, for the 1993 season, I used the 020C as rFactor doesn't have the 021.

Sorry. I only did that to yours and several other profiles for historical accuracy.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

Tommy, may I suggest changing the colours in the Prospec logo to orange and purple, since they are the colours that they have used in their livery every season.
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

the Masked Lapwing wrote:Tommy, may I suggest changing the colours in the Prospec logo to orange and purple, since they are the colours that they have used in their livery every season.

Done.

dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Let's just check before we go any further... is this the kind of wiki I could put F1RMGP results in, or is it just for F1RWRS and all those "what if we excluded previous race winners from the actual 1950-2011 F1 seasons" style alternative championships?

Because I could certainly stick in a few F1RMGP pages if it's OK and I have the time and inclination...
James Allen, on his favourite F1 engine of all time:
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
the Masked Lapwing

Post by the Masked Lapwing »

I reckon the F1RMGP would be brilliant for the wiki - especially since it was epic! And honestly, who would be bothered taking it down?
R.I.P.
GM HOLDEN
1948-2017
AndreaModa

Post by AndreaModa »

This is a great idea! Just writing up the page for Jones Racing now, going to see if I can get the images I have of the various team logos over the years in there too!

One question I do have, and that is who originally wrote Sammy Jones' driver profile? I'm aware of the exploits in Wizzie's alternate F1 championships, but I don't know anything about winning the 2005 Indy 500! Is that something from someone else's alternate championship, and if it isn't, do I have permission to remove it and rewrite my own description?
I want my MTV...Simtek Ford

My Motorsport Photos

@DNPQ_
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

AndreaModa wrote:One question I do have, and that is who originally wrote Sammy Jones' driver profile? I'm aware of the exploits in Wizzie's alternate F1 championships, but I don't know anything about winning the 2005 Indy 500! Is that something from someone else's alternate championship, and if it isn't, do I have permission to remove it and rewrite my own description?

That would have been me exercising my creative license. Feel free to change it if you want.
Biscione wrote:"Some Turkemenistani gulag repurposed for residential use" is the best way yet I've heard to describe North / East Glasgow.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

I will concentrate on these after I finish my current project (GP Former Winners Elimination)

I did a small thing already. I plan to put a list of winners all in one page. To make the page much shorter, I put the winners on table where each decade fills row and the years are in columns. Here's an example of that, using Belgian GP.

http://f1alternate.wikkii.com/wiki/GP_Former_Winners
Londoner

Post by Londoner »

I might try putting up information about the F1CC later in the day, if that's ok.
Fetzie on Ferrari wrote:How does a driver hurtling around a race track while they're sous-viding in their overalls have a better understanding of the race than a team of strategy engineers in an air-conditioned room?l
FullMetalJack
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by FullMetalJack »

Does anyone know how to add a new row in the results section?

I also need another column as 1995 had 17 races.
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

For starting a new row it looks something like this:
|-
! 1995
! Red Bull Sauber Ford
! Sauber C14
! Ford ECA Zetec-R 3.0 V8
| BRA
| ARG etc
tristan1117
Site Donor
Site Donor

Post by tristan1117 »

Hey, can I write the race reviews for the 2011 season? I wrote a sample report of the 2011 Bavarian GP which will be up soon.
CoopsII wrote:On occasion I have ventured into the PMM forum but beat a hasty retreat soon after as it resembles some sort of bad acid trip in there
TomWazzleshaw

Post by TomWazzleshaw »

tristan1117 wrote:Hey, can I write the race reviews for the 2011 season? I wrote a sample report of the 2011 Bavarian GP which will be up soon.

Go right ahead. :D
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Right. I have joined the f1alternate wiki, and I'm going to concoct some F1RMGP-related pages.

The page for F1RMGP itself is barely there (it needs to be renamed, for a start...) and has no actual content, but I've spent most of the evening writing a back story for the man who just can't stop winning in Mexico, Þorvaldur Einarsson. Incidentally, anyone who can tell me why his birth date is what it is may find themselves winning a large amount of popcorn.
"...the Life W12, I can't describe the noise to you, but imagine filling your dustbin with nuts and bolts, and then throwing it down the stairs, it was something akin to that!"
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Behold! The page for the 2011 F1RMGP season is done, and looking properly Wikipedia-like. Next stop... the 2012 season!

Meanwhile, there's a story you may all want to read on the page for F1RMGP itself.
Waris

Post by Waris »

dinizintheoven wrote:Behold! The page for the 2011 F1RMGP season is done, and looking properly Wikipedia-like. Next stop... the 2012 season!

Meanwhile, there's a story you may all want to read on the page for F1RMGP itself.

I don't understand any of this. Have Gilles Villeneuve and James Hunt been raised from the dead to compete in this championship?
MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Waris wrote:I don't understand any of this. Have Gilles Villeneuve and James Hunt been raised from the dead to compete in this championship?

Read the saga of Sir Bernard Shekelslike, and also the original 2011 F1RMGP thread, and all will be revealed. Not that it hadn't already been.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

And the page for F1RMGP 2012 is done. I'll make one for 2013 as well, despite being only three races into the season - at least the entry list can be put up.
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

dinizintheoven wrote:And the page for F1RMGP 2012 is done. I'll make one for 2013 as well, despite being only three races into the season - at least the entry list can be put up.

Just out of curiosity... since when Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is Swiss? :lol:
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

Phoenix wrote:
dinizintheoven wrote:And the page for F1RMGP 2012 is done. I'll make one for 2013 as well, despite being only three races into the season - at least the entry list can be put up.

Just out of curiosity... since when Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is Swiss? :lol:

Since he was born in Geneva ;)

Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

tommykl wrote:
Phoenix wrote:

Oh, for fruit's sake, I must check facts before posting :oops:
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

tommykl wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Just out of curiosity... since when Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Grrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn is Swiss? :lol:

And he's raced under both French and Swiss flags as well - French in F1 in 2009, then Swiss in the GT championship in 2010 - wasn't he also driving for a Swiss team? That would have helped. I'm sure I also mentioned on the original 2012 F1RMGP thread that Grrrrjjjjnnn decided to compete under the Swiss flag in F1RMGP because of the proud tradition of rejects from that country - JDD, Gregor Foitek, Andrea Chiesa - and F3000 reject Jean-Paul Frey, as well as the eventual nationality of the Onyx team when they morphed into Monteverdi. For the same reason, I've run EuroBrun under the Swiss flag - the F1 team was officially Italian, but Walter Brun was Swiss, and there are tons of Italian teams in F1RMGP.

Next you'll be asking me, since when was Bertrand Gachot French - or Belgian? I think he should have raced under his own flag.
Bleu

Post by Bleu »

But Gachot had European Union flag in his helmet, because he considered himself as European, not specific to any country.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

The temptation to have Bertie racing in F1RMGP 2014 is a strong one, with a different flag for every race, including some bizarre group of islands in the Pacific (geddit?) that nobody's heard of. However, that'd mean axing one of Fab or Greg, and we can't be having that, because Monteverdi is The Big-Haired Team Of The Decade!

The page for the 2013 season is as done as it's ever going to be until the season finishes, and that's not going to be until some time in October. I may tidy up a few of the teams' pages before then, though.
dinizintheoven

Post by dinizintheoven »

Þorvaldur Einarsson's wiki page is complete - up to the current F1RMGP race. I'll most likely edit it again mid-season, maybe after 12 races, and definitely at the end.

I have also added this page, and those for F1RMGP and its seasons, to the front page. I think it could do with some tidying up, though... will you let me do that?
tommykl

Post by tommykl »

dinizintheoven wrote:Þorvaldur Einarsson's wiki page is complete - up to the current F1RMGP race. I'll most likely edit it again mid-season, maybe after 12 races, and definitely at the end.

I have also added this page, and those for F1RMGP and its seasons, to the front page. I think it could do with some tidying up, though... will you let me do that?

Of course you can!